Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,798 members, 7,851,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown (86413 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Akeredolu Mulls Defection To AA As APC Considers His Suspension / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 9:56am On May 10, 2020
Ogaonos:
covid19 has shw lagosians are very uncivilised Nd arrogance pple.for example in Benin here there is partial lockdwn but d resident are complying.it very stupid of lagosians to flout rules because has d govt as ease d lockdwn.they ease hustling.so flouting social distancing rules.is quite stupid.because their welcoming total lockdwn for a longer period which means longer hunger

Do you think the government can afford total lockdown for that long period? grin where will they get money to pay their workers? is it going to be possible to keep people locked down without palliatives? where will government get the money to fund palliative for a long lockdown?
grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Pascal9: 10:04am On May 10, 2020
THIS MAN IS STRONG IN MAKING LAW BUT VERY VERY WEAK IN IMPLIMENTING LAW, U HAVE LASTMA, KAI ETC, WHY CAN,T THEY ENFORCE THE LAW

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Pascal9: 10:36am On May 10, 2020
Conze:
Too bad,thanks to nyesom wike for being proactive regardless of what people are saying.

How can u ease lockdown when the virus is still very much around u and increasing each day

How incredibly disappointing to have another lockdown which will definitely mean lack of planning and incompetence by handler's of this issue in Lagos and Abuja particularly
WIKE GO TIRE ,HOW LONG WIL HE LOCK PEOPLE , HIS PEOPLE WIL SOON RUNOUT OF PATIENCE ,CAN HE CONTEND WITH ANGRY AND HUNGRY PEOPLES POWER?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Lugianostar(m): 10:38am On May 10, 2020
The end of these pandemic is near!!!!

Let's do the needful

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Pascal9: 10:46am On May 10, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Sacking never killed anyone o. I've lost a 22m p.a job and I no die
LIAR
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Pascal9: 11:01am On May 10, 2020
murmee:
And are you going to feed them until they get sense?
WHY CANT THE GOVERNOR ENFORCE COPLIANCE, HE IS AFRAID OF AGBERO ,HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ARESTED TO SHOW EXANPLE.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 11:25am On May 10, 2020
Pascal9:
LIAR

Lol! Why would I lie about that? #facts. Yes I lost it (due to age irregularities). But I did not die. So loss of job never killed anyone. No one dies because they fell into the river. They died because they didn't come out of it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by byinks(f): 11:25am On May 10, 2020
Pascal9:
THIS MAN IS STRONG IN MAKING LAW BUT VERY VERY WEAK IN IMPLIMENTING LAW, U HAVE LASTMA, KAI ETC, WHY CAN,T THEY ENFORCE THE LAW

Because he never personally intended to make the laws in the first place. He is just following a written script.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Grammywinner: 11:26am On May 10, 2020
redsun:
Lifting the lockdown puts the people lives in their own hands. It is now left for them to do the things that keep them alive. All man to himself.

Like the lives of Nigerians haven't always been in their hands?

Give me a break jare.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by byinks(f): 11:30am On May 10, 2020
Lugianostar:
The end of these pandemic is near!!!!

Let's do the needful

Bros, it ended already.
Testing or no testing...what's the incubation period ?
We should be picking dead people from the streets by now..it should kill millions as they said... testing or no testing.

The absence of testing doesn't stop a virulent disease from killing does it ?

Ptf is on roll with their numbers, they won't stop now.. it's like a bad habit that occurs every evening -

Pandemic 2 is what you should be worried about.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 11:31am On May 10, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Are you just coming to Nigeria or what is the reason for your thinking pattern? do you know that there will be security problems due to lockdown with no palliative and that people who are supposed to be in their houses will be out at night doing vigilante work?. Supposing those people get infected and take the viruses to their families and those sharing compounds with them nko?

You ignored what I pointed out to you that when Lagos was on FG lockdown, FG was sharing palliative to Northern States leaving Lagos to Sanwo Olu who was overwhelmed by the number of people requiring palliative. Lockdown won't work because it's impossible for palliative to go round, I repeat it's impossible!

Thirdly, with the lockdown, how many people were tested? to be candid we have many more people already infected so keeping them locked up without enough enforcement and palliative will lead to more casualties

The government doesn't know what to do, they think using methods used abroad will work here but it won't. The virus has come to stay just like any other virus e.g HIV, flu, we should be looking for local readily available remedies to manage it. That's the way to go.

So I'm not one of those North/South proponents. I won't therefore answer your Lagos lockdown Kano getting palliatives.

Lockdown drives the number of infections down. But apparently the innate basic nature of let me go and try my luck is what is driving your decision making. Which do you think the government will prefer? To lockdown the economy? Or to leave it open with people abiding by basic safety rules? Why do the bus drivers carry full load? Why doesn't the average Lagosian wear a mask? The mask protects others from you. If we all abide by the rules we can have a functioning economy. Otherwise let's all seat at home and those that will die of hunger should do so
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by eyinjuege: 11:48am On May 10, 2020
mvem:
the flu kills about 60,000-80,000 of Americans every year... Malaria kills 400,000+(Africa),...cancer kills 1.5 million+....Ordinary TB kills 1.2million + every year...go and check stats of US on many ailments that kill them yearly...una dey over exaggerate this covid thing...so covid killed 70, 000 you think other things haven't taken more than that within that time frame. Media compares it with 9/11, Vietnam, Iraq war etc but that's an odd comparison and doesn't make sense

You are giving us yearly figures of deaths from these other diseases , and comparing it to covid deaths within 2 months or so.
If 70K can die from covid in the US in 2 months, that will be over 400K estimated deaths in a year. How can you ever compare that to death from the flu?
It took covid just 2 months to match the yearly number of deaths from the flu in the US.
That's a pretty serious disease that could even be worse if not for the measures taken

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by shekauvsbuhari: 11:54am On May 10, 2020
kkkp:
Nigerians no dey hear word na
The leaders are the cause. The people dnnt trust and dnt have confidence in them bcs of decades of lieing to the people, dishonesty, neglect, stealing and hypocrisy. So the people are like, "Whatever"!
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by megama: 12:14pm On May 10, 2020
KingKingKing:
Nigerians are very stubborn people!

There was a lockdown they whined and said the Govt was insensitive! They said okay we would ease the lockdown,all you gotta do would be to wear facemasks and gloves, we said okay!

Lockdown was eased and people flouted these rules , refused to wear face Masks, gloves and observe social distancing! Most Nigerians are foolish, stupid and ignorant!

Sanwo olu please lock us Down for 5 months except there's an improvement before then, then throw the keys into the Atlantic ocean!

WE GO LEARN BY FORCE
Youe forgetting that no force ob earth superceeds the forces of the Electorate (masses). They give you power and can take it back. If you push them beyond the limit. Flexibility is the only answer from any government in this corona crisis
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Exc2000: 2:24pm On May 10, 2020
evansjeff:

Please shut up and quit your double standard and hypocritical lifestyle. If it was Buhari that is ceasing and selling off people’s cars and goods, would you have said the same thing? That is even a whole President, not a mere governor who thinks he is an emperor.

Ceasing people’s cars, food and other goods even when they clearly showed their ID cards as essential workers, he verbally ordered their arrests. Food is considered essential commodity yet he confiscated all of them. Be supporting nuisance.

when they say Buhari supporters are dumb, I tend to argue cos as an APC supporter I think such Generalisation is a falasy but look at your comment here? what do you make of such shallow attempt of comparing a governor and the commander in chief , President of the country

if what Wike did is wrong, then let The court with a competent Jurisdiction here the case, if not they are still seen as violator of nationwide order
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by mvem(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2020
eyinjuege:

You are giving us yearly figures of deaths from these other diseases , and comparing it to covid deaths within 2 months or so.
If 70K can die from covid in the US in 2 months, that will be over 400K estimated deaths in a year. How can you ever compare that to death from the flu?
It took covid just 2 months to match the yearly number of deaths from the flu in the US.
That's a pretty serious disease that could even be worse if not for the measures taken
Research has shown that the virus behaves as a growth...it takes a curve and peaks within two months then start falling...meaning it has a number it is likely to kill and not more than that number. It took Covid 4 months and not 2 months and deaths in the world has dropped because the virus has peaked in many countries. Covid might not even kill what flu kills ever year in the world...I think about 500-600k of people die world wide from flu every year with deaths mostly in the temperate climate. Don't be surprised that covid won't reach those numbers

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by eyinjuege: 3:29pm On May 10, 2020
mvem:
Research has shown that the virus behaves as a growth...it takes a curve and peaks within two months then start falling...meaning it has a number it is likely to kill and not more than that number. It took Covid 4 months and not 2 months and deaths in the world has dropped because the virus has peaked in many countries. Covid might not even kill what flu kills ever year in the world...I think about 500-600k of people die world wide from flu every year with deaths mostly in the temperate climate. Don't be surprised that covid won't reach those numbers

It only peaked because of drastic measures taken. The world is in an economic meltdown because of these measures.
Without drastic measures such as the lockdown, it was predicted up to 500000 people would die in the UK, a population of 66mil
The lockdown is to be removed soon in most countries. Let's see how it goes for now, or see if there is going to be a second wave as predicted

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Legendguru: 3:32pm On May 10, 2020
Lockdown or not the rising case will continue forget about the mull
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by evansjeff(m): 5:11pm On May 10, 2020
Exc2000:

when they say Buhari supporters are dumb, I tend to argue cos as an APC supporter I think such Generalisation is a falasy but look at your comment here? what do you make of such shallow attempt of comparing a governor and the commander in chief , President of the country

if what Wike did is wrong, then let The court with a competent Jurisdiction here the case, if not they are still seen as violator of nationwide order

Why is this f00l contradicting himself?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Pascal9: 6:59pm On May 10, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Lol! Why would I lie about that? #facts. Yes I lost it (due to age irregularities). But I did not die. So loss of job never killed anyone. No one dies because they fell into the river. They died because they didn't come out of it
YOU HAVE BEEN A LIAR FROM THE BEGINING, WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE U NOW?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by mindtricks: 1:06pm On May 11, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

Wike and El Rufai no dey talk big big grammar... they are manning their state entry point themselves not trusting the citizens or the police

I hate to admit that Wike's lawless approach might be what Nigeria needs, afterall that was what China did to Wuhan, forgetting any useless noise from human right groups

Americans with all their useless Human Right Groups, Stupid Protest and Conspiracy Theorist calling it an Hoax and thinking its a joke has lost 70,000 souls , in simple contrast 2977 died in world trade center bombing 70,000 died due to corona, 4,244 Americans died in both Iraqi and Afghanistan war , still corona killed 70,000 in less than 4 months

even if world would end tomorrow some silly people would still be calling it conspiracy theory and hoax, till the dooms day begins,

Lagos should better not go the line Kano, Jigawa, and Bauchi are going because life sweet gidigan ni for Lasgidi and death is not an option

Here we go again.
Unless we are lawless, we can never make tangible achievements?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Ogaonos: 7:58pm On May 12, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Do you think the government can afford total lockdown for that long period? grin where will they get money to pay their workers? is it going to be possible to keep people locked down without palliatives? where will government get the money to fund palliative for a long lockdown?
grin

DT wer d govt is 4up.anyway lagosians need to atleast practice the social distancing Nd stop be arrogant because it affecting us too in Benin but pple still try to practice social distancing.dt y obaseki have nt be force to do total lockdwn..because of d compliance Nd election which is a good thing for us d citizen Nd govt.partial lockdwn is beta than total lockdwn.but in Lagos lagosians obey social distancing to slow to spread.d governor go dey soft Nd implement partial lockdwn but arrogance Nd ignoring is only going to be bad for lagosians u knw hw our govt can b.sense is lacking in lagosians because covid19 is affecting every one in d country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki And His Sons Watch Arsenal Vs Tottenham Match At Emirates Stadium / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.