Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,799 members, 7,851,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown (86414 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Akeredolu Mulls Defection To AA As APC Considers His Suspension / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 12:01am On May 10, 2020
infogeneral:
All these social distancing, public health guidelines are too-big-grammar for majority of Nigerians to understand.
By our nature, force is needed to ensure compliance.
I beg lockdown! And this time, like the biblical entry of Noah into the ark, never to come out until it is safe to.
And people will eat air and drink sand right? Why not think inward to solve the problem. Nigeria has herbs and all, they rather beg for money from the IMF and wait for WHO to come to their aid. Make provision to accommodate social distancing into places of work, worship etc. Draft policies that will make organisations and companies comply. Nigerian leaders are doing what they know to do best, wait and watch. Locking down makes peoples immune system weak, then once the lock down is relaxed again, illnesses etc will increase in number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Sinnamonm: 12:02am On May 10, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

Wike and El Rufai no dey talk big big grammar... they are manning their state entry point themselves not trusting the citizens or the police

I hate to admit that Wike's lawless approach might be what Nigeria needs, afterall that was what China did to Wuhan, forgetting any useless noise from human right groups

Americans with all their useless Human Right Groups, Stupid Protest and Conspiracy Theorist calling it an Hoax and thinking its a joke has lost 70,000 souls , in simple contrast 2977 died in world trade center bombing 70,000 died due to corona, 4,244 Sinnamonm died in both Iraqi and Afghanistan war , still corona killed 70,000 in less than 4 months

even if world would end tomorrow some silly people would still be calling it conspiracy theory and hoax, till the dooms day begins,

Lagos should better not go the line Kano, Jigawa, and Bauchi are going because life sweet gidigan ni for Lasgidi and death is not an option

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by excanny: 12:03am On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
corona virus has claimed 75000 american lives and infected 1.2 million americans so i can't see the rational in your comparison

Lockdown is useless. That's what I'm saying. It is also an infringement on human rights.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:04am On May 10, 2020
Memberclub:
By next week Lagos will likely be having around 800 cases per day. And the way things are happening in the north is another huge problem.

Good thing I already have my international passport
Where are you going when all border are shutdown

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 12:08am On May 10, 2020
excanny:

Lockdown is useless. That's what I'm saying. It is also an infringement on human rights.
You and i know lockdown was what helped Europe·s covid 19 cases from escalating further same all over the world

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 12:11am On May 10, 2020
excanny:

As for infringement of human rights well it's only one who is alive that talks about human rights

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 12:11am On May 10, 2020
I'm not in support of the lockdown. The lockdown is worst because people roam about aimlessly with nothing to do but this easing of lockdown most people are more productive. Security was terrible due to jobless boys during the lockdown, no palliative for people in need. How long do they intend to carry out lockdown? if you say three months, it's impossible. If you say two months, it's still impossible. The highest they can do is a month, and afterwards many businesses will close shop, people will lose jobs, crime will increase, in short there will be massive problems.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by maridrug(m): 12:19am On May 10, 2020
commodore007:
Reactive leadership occurs when you don't plan ahead to handle problems or opportunities. By reacting to situations only as they arise, you may fail to avoid a crisis or exploit a chance to succeed,we only react to situations in this country, the covid issue should not have escalated up to this level,but here we are. My question is that ,what is this government doing to Find a cure to this virus?, which research are we embarking upon to put an End to this scourge? it appears the solution government has is to keep people lock down...without a visible solution, we are still waiting for the West to find a cure
May your brilliance tact be eternally upholded.
Proactivity is the key to achievement... we've never been blessed by a leader of this trait since inception.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by maridrug(m): 12:24am On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:
You and i know lockdown was what helped Europe·s covid 19 cases from escalating further same all over the world
Europe was busy researching for the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown...wetin Naija dey do?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ikembz(m): 12:26am On May 10, 2020
Lockdown 2.0.......Loading..... Please wait.....

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by enirock(m): 12:34am On May 10, 2020
well Lagos has the most cases so he must look at the transmission curve and know if Isolation worked better or if it's getting better in terms of new cases.

I believe most Nigerians do not believe that this virus is truly in Nigeria while others may subscribe to the postulation that there's a "media hype" in terms of cases ND death been recorded across the world but be it as it may and giving how untrusting we can be maybe governments should encourage families who have lost their loved ones to the virus within states to voice out and champion the cause to sensitise the doubters

And yet somebody will ask me where we see equipment test them to show say them positive wo me I Don tire for covid

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by jerry4me2003: 12:46am On May 10, 2020
majamajic:
E don set

The Gen Wike style approaching.... Lagosian... Brace up... Oyo is your case
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by emusmithyy(m): 1:00am On May 10, 2020
Belugaice1:
shocked I always knew it would come to this

Infact I'm tired of this Corona shit make everything just go to normal abeg

Imagine this Corona virus happened 2006 wey be say na Nokia 3310 be smart phone that year shocked

You go don tier playing Snake and Xenzia like this cry

That year, we had MEGA SEGA. We for play Mortal Kombat tire cheesy

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by 147abbey(m): 1:23am On May 10, 2020
OK ooooo
Noted sir

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Temysteve(m): 1:34am On May 10, 2020
KingKingKing:
Nigerians are very stubborn people!

There was a lockdown they whined and said the Govt was insensitive! They said okay we would ease the lockdown,all you gotta do would be to wear facemasks and gloves, we said okay!

Lockdown was eased and people flouted these rules , refused to wear face Masks, gloves and observe social distancing! Most Nigerians are foolish, stupid and ignorant!

Sanwo olu please lock us Down for 5 months except there's an improvement before then, then throw the keys into the Atlantic ocean!

WE GO LEARN BY FORCE
If after 5 month of lockdown there is no improvement what should happen??
we have less than 5000 cases of the virus yet our govt don't knw the way forward, by the time we're closing to 100k cases only God knows then. there are disease in Nigeria which is more deadly than corona virus even with much more cases and we are living fine and managing it I.e over thousands have malaria in Nigeria presently but nobody seems to see it a disease that can kill. Truth be told, our govt don't know the next line of action, may God will help us all.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Royalbloodline: 1:46am On May 10, 2020
Kallmerb:
We honestly need lockdown at the moment... OVER 170 A DAY IS NOT GOOD

So u think knockdown will slow down the numbers? U are just deceiving ursef!

What did the last lock down achieve?

If u don't understand this virus just read and stop following people to shout lock down!

The cases u discover today may haVe been there for over 2weeks! It didn't just jump there in one day!

If Nigeria test adequately we will get over 100k cases in one day!

This thing is already in, the government has been complacent in handling it from the start!

Of what use is locking people infected already in their homes with uninfected ones?!
When u apparently won't be testing the masses to isolate the infected ones as soon as possible to prevent spread!

Those shouting lock down obviously have empty skulls!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by placeofallure(f): 2:08am On May 10, 2020
commodore007:
Reactive leadership occurs when you don't plan ahead to handle problems or opportunities. By reacting to situations only as they arise, you may fail to avoid a crisis or exploit a chance to succeed,we only react to situations in this country, the covid issue should not have escalated up to this level,but here we are. My question is that ,what is this government doing to Find a cure to this virus?, which research are we embarking upon to put an End to this scourge? it appears the solution government has is to keep people lock down...without a visible solution, we are still waiting for the West to find a cure

This is a very unusual situation, I've made an attempt to ask even the oldest of the old around, they've never experienced anything like this magnitude in the name of a pandemic so don't blame the government too much if they never envisioned this kind of a pandemic.

Now as a people, what do you do, what do I do? Fine, the government didn't plan for this but Thank goodness the government is at the very least, reacting. That's some effort. What do the people do? Simple instructions we cannot follow it!

If you do your bit, and I do mine and the 'visionless' government does it's bit, We will get there but might take a bit longer. Compare that to when the government does it's bit, and you and I refuse to do ours, we will never get there!
Thank God some of us can work from home, I can't imagine myself in those public places with such level of rowdiness. If the LASG thinks another lockdown is the needful then they should go ahead.

It is not every blame that we place on the door of the government. The governed too should stand up and make it count!
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ensamy(m): 3:03am On May 10, 2020
Herd immunity is the way out, if we locking down it will never end..... grin angry shocked sad
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Royalbloodline: 3:10am On May 10, 2020
Jakemedg:

U are very wrong! Not just lock down. But lock down with adequate aggressive testing!

U don't lock down positive asymptomatic people with the populace on the same compound and expect everybody not to get infected!

Get ur facts right

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Royalbloodline: 3:24am On May 10, 2020
placeofallure:

This is a very unusual situation, I've made an attempt to ask even the oldest of the old around, they've never experienced anything like this magnitude in the name of a pandemic so don't blame the government too much if they never envisioned this kind of a pandemic.

Now as a people, what do you do, what do I do? Fine, the government didn't plan for this but Thank goodness the government is at the very least, reacting. That's some effort. What do the people do? Simple instructions we cannot follow it!

If you do your bit, and I do mine and the 'visionless' government does it's bit, We will get there but might take a bit longer. Compare that to when the government does it's bit, and you and I refuse to do ours, we will never get there!
Thank God some of us can work from home, I can't imagine myself in those public places with such level of rowdiness. If the LASG thinks another lockdown is the needful then they should go ahead.

It is not every blame that we place on the door of the government. The governed too should stand up and make it count!

You are right to some extent, but I have to disagree with you on the fact that the government is reacting!

That is a big error of interpretation!

This government is clueless!!

What u are seeing is just a fake response to fill in the media and make it look as if they are on top of the situation!

When in actual fact they are not!!

I refuse to go back to where their error started from,the origin (failure to close borders on time or enforcing quarantine of incomers). Let's just assume the virus would still have made its way in, considering it's ease of spread.

The virus is here already, what is the way out? That is the question the government needs to be addressing.

Till date no new hospital has been built in any state!

With less than 4k cases we are already screaming NO BED SPACE!

We have tested less than 30k citizens out of a whole 200m plus!

No palliative plan for the citizens. No security, nothing!

Even lock down u cannot properly enforced!

Interstate lock down has been a complete failure!

No plans on getting a local viable treatment for the infection

So No, I completely disagree with u!

THE GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED AT ALL LEVELS!!

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Greenified(m): 3:30am On May 10, 2020
beautyhd:
Anticipated.

I went to market today and realized that many people aren't bothered about this covid 19, many buyers and sellers without face mask.

No form of social distancing maintained.

This same set of people will start screaming if another lockdown is enforced. They will or have ended up jeopardizing govt efforts for the past 6 weeks.
Why do you think the lockdown was relaxed before? It's simply because the shameless government have nothing to give these same people you see in market

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by cuteboy2: 3:38am On May 10, 2020
As usual the governor confirms commercial buses and okadas are flouting the rules. However in applying punishment, he wants to confiscate only okadas.

Lagos State is so scared of touching operators of these small buses known as "small doctor". They flout traffic laws and are the primary cause of most of the traffic gridlocks because they load and drop passengers anywhere they feel like.

I once asked a LASTMA official why they are not arrested, he says if they try it the agberos and NURTW boys will beat them up, and MC Oluomo will back them up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by placeofallure(f): 3:55am On May 10, 2020
Royalbloodline:

You are right to some extent, but I have to disagree with you on the fact that the government is reacting!

That is a big error of interpretation!

This government is clueless!!

What u are seeing is just a fake response to fill in the media and make it look as if they are on top of the situation!

When in actual fact they are not!!

I refuse to go back to where their error started from,the origin (failure to close borders on time or enforcing quarantine of incomers). Let's just assume the virus would still have made its way in, considering it's ease of spread.

The virus is here already, what is the way out? That is the question the government needs to be addressing.

Till date no new hospital has been built in any state!

With less than 4k cases we are already screaming NO BED SPACE!

We have tested less than 30k citizens out of a whole 200m plus!

No palliative plan for the citizens. No security, nothing!

Even lock down u cannot properly enforced!

Interstate lock down has been a complete failure!

No plans on getting a local viable treatment for the infection

So No, I completely disagree with u!

THE GOVERNMENT HAS FAILED AT ALL LEVELS!!

Even Sanwoolu at some point in his broadcast admitted the borders should have been shut earlier.

Why I am so furious with people is because many are not wise. Looking at this ease in lockdown, who is exposed to getting infected? Sanwoolu and his family are not among the crowd at the banks, pulling down their gates they're not among the people sitting shoulder to shoulder in the danfo buses, they're not in the bustling and jostling at Idumota or Oyingbo. Sanwoolu and people like him would have been tested.when testing is still audio to the common man. The ordinary man on the street cannot get access to testing. If by chance Sanwoolu and people like him get infected, they get preference in receiving treatment, where does that leave us, the commoners?

That is where people should be wise and guard against being infected like their lives depend on it, it does actually. You can't force the government to love you but won't you show yourself some little self-love?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by shounited74: 4:06am On May 10, 2020
And be ready to provide palliatives for every household. You can't just be shouting lockdown without considering the people that feeds on daily work. spoke with a friend in America and she said the government is providing them palliatives and nobody is going out. She is a health official, she even said the lockdown may be up to 6 months or a year.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by yom2(m): 4:44am On May 10, 2020
commodore007:
don't mind them. Always choosing the easy way out to show that they are doing something

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by chisani(m): 4:53am On May 10, 2020
Good speech and advised but the palliative measures still questionable.

Hence the need for civil disobedience in the state. Covid19 is real but hunger is more real.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 4:55am On May 10, 2020
OhBiafra:
Till they sack you from work before your eyes go clear. Continue asking for lockdown...

Sacking never killed anyone o. I've lost a 22m p.a job and I no die

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Yasco73: 5:36am On May 10, 2020
Memberclub:
By next week Lagos will likely be having around 800 cases per day. And the way things are happening in the north is another huge problem.

Good thing I already have my international passport
your international passport is as good as nothing for now. cause it not take you to the airport not to tail of you leaving the country.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Luckydubby7(m): 5:50am On May 10, 2020
Mizwisdom:
I'm not in support of the lockdown. The lockdown is worst because people roam about aimlessly with nothing to do but this easing of lockdown most people are more productive. Security was terrible due to jobless boys during the lockdown, no palliative for people in need. How long do they intend to carry out lockdown? if you say three months, it's impossible. If you say two months, it's still impossible. The highest they can do is a month, and afterwards many businesses will close shop, people will lose jobs, crime will increase, in short there will be massive problems.

. Thank u exactly our point here.
I'll suggest let learn to leave with this virus because even though they lockdown till December it will never yield any positive result.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki And His Sons Watch Arsenal Vs Tottenham Match At Emirates Stadium / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.