Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown (86409 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Akeredolu Mulls Defection To AA As APC Considers His Suspension / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by AleagueEdu: 6:17am On May 10, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

Wike and El Rufai no dey talk big big grammar... they are manning their state entry point themselves not trusting the citizens or the police

I hate to admit that Wike's lawless approach might be what Nigeria needs, afterall that was what China did to Wuhan, forgetting any useless noise from human right groups

Americans with all their useless Human Right Groups, Stupid Protest and Conspiracy Theorist calling it an Hoax and thinking its a joke has lost 70,000 souls , in simple contrast 2977 died in world trade center bombing 70,000 died due to corona, 4,244 Americans died in both Iraqi and Afghanistan war , still corona killed 70,000 in less than 4 months

even if world would end tomorrow some silly people would still be calling it conspiracy theory and hoax, till the dooms day begins,

Lagos should better not go the line Kano, Jigawa, and Bauchi are going because life sweet gidigan ni for Lasgidi and death is not an option

Say it all!
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ofiko123(m): 6:30am On May 10, 2020
Nice one.. Sanwo olu is working..
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by peroristic(m): 6:32am On May 10, 2020
Like play like play we Lagosian go soon use 3month for house when the time, because we no dey hear word..
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by yeman1(m): 6:34am On May 10, 2020
fergie001:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1259210784107835394

Another lockdown again ? You ppl should not kill the masses I beg .. hunger is in the town pls

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 6:35am On May 10, 2020
Royalbloodline:

So u think knockdown will slow down the numbers? U are just deceiving ursef!

What did the last lock down achieve?

If u don't understand this virus just read and stop following people to shout lock down!

The cases u discover today may haVe been there for over 2weeks! It didn't just jump there in one day!

If Nigeria test adequately we will get over 100k cases in one day!

This thing is already in, the government has been complacent in handling it from the start!

Of what use is locking people infected already in their homes with uninfected ones?!
When u apparently won't be testing the masses to isolate the infected ones as soon as possible to prevent spread!

Those shouting lock down obviously have empty skulls!
oh sir... Its lock down lock down not knockdown
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ofonimi: 7:00am On May 10, 2020
The main thing to address at this point is testing of individuals. More testing is what should be advocating for now.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by micxwell(m): 7:01am On May 10, 2020
Belugaice1:
shocked I always knew it would come to this

Infact I'm tired of this Corona shit make everything just go to normal abeg

Imagine this Corona virus happened 2006 wey be say na Nokia 3310 be smart phone that year shocked

You go don tier playing Snake and Xenzia like this cry
Make Imagination no kill you grin cheesy. E no go funny o.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by dederocs(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2020
you guys should enforce the regulations, lockdown will make things worse.

Jobless dependents advocating for more lockdowns, stay home so the people out are less. We have rent to pay Sanwo Olu, we can not stay
home and not hustle.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 7:16am On May 10, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Sacking never killed anyone o. I've lost a 22m p.a job and I no die

You lost 22m p.a job due to laziness, examine yourself
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 7:26am On May 10, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You lost 22m p.a job due to laziness, examine yourself

Lol! Naaaaah. Very hardworking actually. It's a Sunday morning and I've been up since 4am. Working
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 7:31am On May 10, 2020
airsaylongcom:

Lol! Naaaaah. Very hardworking actually. It's a Sunday morning and I've been up since 4am. Working

That's why you want lockdown so that you won't work on Sunday. You consider only yourself . What about those that can't feed without daily work? is the govt palliative going to go round? we were on lockdown in Lagos but Kaduna , Kastina, Kano were getting FG palliative instead. You better reason beyond your personal life o because in the long run if security collapses as expected it will affect you as well.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Ajalekoko76(m): 7:32am On May 10, 2020
Lockdown remains safest way to combat COVID 19. GOVERNMENT must pay the price as a response and responsive government.

Lockdown must follow with PALLIATIVE.

Government must play a leading role...

Wealthy ones should donate food items directly to the grassroots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by murmee: 7:45am On May 10, 2020
fortran12:

What will it achieve?
Fantastic question. The Lockdown will not achieve anything at all. If he lockdown now and ease or reopen later, he will see exactly the same thing he is seeing now. So how many times is the Governor going to lockdown Lagos.
I believe the Governor is under serious pressure to close down Lagos and it is not because of Coronavirus. (I am not saying Coronavirus does not exist in Nigeria)
I advise him to ask God to grant him the wisdom of Solomon in this delicate matter. If the Governor is not part of the SCAM at NCDC, he should be able to discern what is actually going on!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by murmee: 7:51am On May 10, 2020
Kasieze:
You think people will obey any rule. I don't even know why you open up the state.
So you mean the Commercial Capital of Nigeria should be on perpetual lockdown. What a thing to suggest!
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 7:52am On May 10, 2020
Mizwisdom:

That's why you want lockdown so that you won't work on Sunday. You consider only yourself . What about those that can't feed without daily work? is the govt palliative going to go round? we were on lockdown in Lagos but Kaduna , Kastina, Kano were getting FG palliative instead. You better reason beyond your personal life o because in the long run if security collapses as expected it will affect you as well.

So first of let me clarify that I work up at 4am on Sunday to do my work. Side hustle. I wasn't compelled to wake up. My time with my employers is Mon-Fri and u put in my best effort everytime.

But You don't seem to be getting the point. There was lockdown and everyone screamed. Got lifted the lockdown with rules. Everyone wear a mask (a proper one not the nonsense a lot of people are wearing), buses load two passengers per seat and other rules. Are they been followed? If they are then fine leave the economy open. If they aren't who is to blame? Government? When people start dropping like flies and overwhelm the health system is that when you want the government to intervene? People should abide by small health rules and that's a problem for Nigerians then we scream that we have bad leaders when that is what we deserve. I thought people received small sense during the lockdown but it's like I thought wrong. It's relaxer they got in exchange for a brain. Lockdown until Nigerians can follow this small rule

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Depot(m): 7:53am On May 10, 2020
They are fasting.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by murmee: 8:01am On May 10, 2020
airsaylongcom:

These ones are the reason for the need to lockdown. Boarded a bus in the Ajah axis. They have zero compliance for the two a seat. I've got a car and can drive around but I wanted to see the level of compliance. For an extra 50naira these ones are ready to compromise the entire health of the state. They are the reason I support the lockdown until they get sense
And are you going to feed them until they get sense?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by witworth(m): 8:04am On May 10, 2020
fergie001:

can you see how miserable and incompetent government can be in Nigeria.
Anyway I understand everything Sha, it's normal when the foundation is wrong, the building is in disaster
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by murmee: 8:04am On May 10, 2020
sammirano:
This govt is the definition of insanity. What has the previous lockdown achieved? What will the new one do? This governor just proved any idiot could be in position. He is so clueless and lacks initiative, and he exhibits some aggressive traits.
The Governor is under tremendous pressure from people benefiting from the Coronavirus thing!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ajijolaoluwa007: 8:09am On May 10, 2020
[/quote] shocked sad
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by SouthNigerian: 8:10am On May 10, 2020
3rdeyeNigeria:

Add my name too, I second what he said... They would be fresh lockdown and everybusiness would be closed and people would sheeply and cowardly obey... Saying it is for their own good.

Like the last one, no public transport, no market, no business but people were free to move.

Alright, bookmarked this
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Bekool(m): 8:16am On May 10, 2020
fergie001:

No nigerian state have what it takes to sustain the lockdown.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 8:23am On May 10, 2020
murmee:
And are you going to feed them until they get sense?

I'm feeding myself and getting sense. They sh2do the same
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Obidiugwu: 8:33am On May 10, 2020
I think Lagos State Govt is trying their best but the one that called for serious attention is crowd at various banks of which I'm a living witness.
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by seglabsy(m): 8:35am On May 10, 2020
fergie001:

why is it that every where will not be crowded,better look for drug to cure.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by seglabsy(m): 8:40am On May 10, 2020
PRECIOUS14482:
The problem is that Nigerians are irresponsible.
look at you maybe you are rich.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by seglabsy(m): 8:43am On May 10, 2020
Kallmerb:
oh sir... Its lock down lock down not knockdown
e ku ise oga tisa.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by askakim(m): 9:07am On May 10, 2020
we have never see anything yet in Lagos, I was forced to go and use POS when I saw crowd at the bank recently, I will never join the crowd in this critical time... Am always at a distance when am at work or outdoor. At this time, no guest is allowed to visit me even my extended blood. Convid 19 is real and kills..
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Ogaonos: 9:32am On May 10, 2020
KingKingKing:
Nigerians are very stubborn people!

There was a lockdown they whined and said the Govt was insensitive! They said okay we would ease the lockdown,all you gotta do would be to wear facemasks and gloves, we said okay!

Lockdown was eased and people flouted these rules , refused to wear face Masks, gloves and observe social distancing! Most Nigerians are foolish, stupid and ignorant!

Sanwo olu please lock us Down for 5 months except there's an improvement before then, then throw the keys into the Atlantic ocean!

WE GO LEARN BY FORCE
covid19 has shw lagosians are very uncivilised Nd arrogance pple.for example in Benin here there is partial lockdwn but d resident are complying.it very stupid of lagosians to flout rules because has d govt as ease d lockdwn.they ease hustling.so flouting social distancing rules.is quite stupid.because their welcoming total lockdwn for a longer period which means longer hunger

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Mizwisdom(f): 9:47am On May 10, 2020
airsaylongcom:

So first of let me clarify that I work up at 4am on Sunday to do my work. Side hustle. I wasn't compelled to wake up. My time with my employers is Mon-Fri and u put in my best effort everytime.

But You don't seem to be getting the point. There was lockdown and everyone screamed. Got lifted the lockdown with rules. Everyone wear a mask (a proper one not the nonsense a lot of people are wearing), buses load two passengers per seat and other rules. Are they been followed? If they are then fine leave the economy open. If they aren't who is to blame? Government? When people start dropping like flies and overwhelm the health system is that when you want the government to intervene? People should abide by small health rules and that's a problem for Nigerians then we scream that we have bad leaders when that is what we deserve. I thought people received small sense during the lockdown but it's like I thought wrong. It's relaxer they got in exchange for a brain. Lockdown until Nigerians can follow this small rule

Are you just coming to Nigeria or what is the reason for your thinking pattern? do you know that there will be security problems due to lockdown with no palliative and that people who are supposed to be in their houses will be out at night doing vigilante work?. Supposing those people get infected and take the viruses to their families and those sharing compounds with them nko?

You ignored what I pointed out to you that when Lagos was on FG lockdown, FG was sharing palliative to Northern States leaving Lagos to Sanwo Olu who was overwhelmed by the number of people requiring palliative. Lockdown won't work because it's impossible for palliative to go round, I repeat it's impossible!

Thirdly, with the lockdown, how many people were tested? to be candid we have many more people already infected so keeping them locked up without enough enforcement and palliative will lead to more casualties

The government doesn't know what to do, they think using methods used abroad will work here but it won't. The virus has come to stay just like any other virus e.g HIV, flu, we should be looking for local readily available remedies to manage it. That's the way to go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki And His Sons Watch Arsenal Vs Tottenham Match At Emirates Stadium / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.