Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,520 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:13 PM

My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe (50492 Views)

Can a graduate like me marry a financially stable illiterate woman? Please help / I Spotted This Fat Dude Outside My House By 4AM(Scary Photos) / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by bellenornor(f): 12:07am On May 11, 2020
Renida:
At 33 your life is still being run by external parties.

First, leave your parents house dude and be a man. If you stand on your own, you will command respected it's your orders that will be followed. And not the other way around.

Also, stop going to ask for favors from your parents. Till you stop, you continue to be subject to their decisions

Also I just checked your time line the past 6 years and your comments are filled with the rants of a spoiled child. Perhaps you need people to make decisions for you afterall

Brand/Rebrand Your Business.

Quality Graphic Designs Makes Strong Impression on Clients.

Contact me today for Creative, Affordable Captivating Graphic Illustrations

Contact me today for Creative/Affordable Graphic Designs
Lol. Went to his timeline to see for myself. The guy don mow the timeline

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by koyyess: 12:08am On May 11, 2020
Just look at what is bringing issues up. angry

Later when they go to obodo oyibo and their white master calls them their slave, they will carry big sign board and be shouting 'black and proud' when it's clear they don't like themselves.

Look at who is even raising dust...a female who was raised to hate her fellow female.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by DJBIGGY(m): 12:16am On May 11, 2020
nyzeo:
I am 33 and I come from a state from the south south. I met a girl in Lagos 4 years ago who is from the south east and we have been very good friends ever since then.

I have developed very strong affection for her over time and we started dating. We really love each other now and we have have finalized plans to get married anytime between this year and early next year.

The issues now is that my parents are insisting I marry from my state, somebody who speaks the same language. It has caused me to have issues with my mother because she is the orchestra of all this tribal bigotry.

Please lala and house memeber make una advice me abeg. I have found someone who truly complements my life I really sincerely love this lady. Thanks

Emotionally blackmail her... tell her if she refuse and she doesnt see you with another lady in another 30 years without her seeing her grandkids, she should blame herself

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Pablodtotti: 12:25am On May 11, 2020
Follow your heart bro. Your happiness is what matters
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by topedoski(m): 12:33am On May 11, 2020
atarapa:
if not because of cocona barbus I for say u be idiot. Lol
grin grin
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by topedoski(m): 12:33am On May 11, 2020
Fairview1:

That's so brutal Madam.

Kai
How na
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by topedoski(m): 12:34am On May 11, 2020
seanwilliam:
u no sabi math.. na7 years e remain grin
Na true oo
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by RTSC: 1:14am On May 11, 2020
PHijo:

When the so called Arab Sudanese were raped non Arab women. The primary purpose of their act was to "dilute" the other 'race'.

It is uninformed people that think ethnic mixtures is a form of being exposed. The worst bigots in human history always applied inter ethnic or inter religious reproduction as form of control and subjugation. The Korean/Chinese women who were taken for the imperial army of Japan were called 'Comfort women '.

Imperial Japan encouraged their army to father children with women they felt were culturally inferior to them. As long as people are being treated unjustly or consider others to be inferior, they have no business getting married to themselves.

The average Igbo is still a Biafran at heart, why marry your enemy when you have not healed from the trauma of the Nigera-Biafra war?
It is plain stupidity.

That parents are open or tolerate an inter ethnic marriage does not mean both or one party in the union does not have an ulterior motive.

Even poor people can have ulterior motives. Some people marry others to have access to certain places and positions.

How can you compare rape to marriage?

Did the Arabs marry their victims?

When is being biafran at heart means you hate the other ethnic group?
Where did you get that from?
Biafran is a nationality just like Togo or Ghana.
Citizens are allowed to have their individual feelings.

You are a pool of irrational mess.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Eniolakiite(f): 1:16am On May 11, 2020
grin grin

topedoski:
@ 33yrs ur parents still decide who u mingle with?
Well u still have 7 more years to be a fool forever wink
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by bameyi(m): 1:38am On May 11, 2020
nyzeo:
Akwa ibom
Ekpe Owohden. You be Owohden stand on your feet. That's why I like ibibio women then for done marry .
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Jaqenhghar: 1:42am On May 11, 2020
nyzeo:
I am 33 and I come from a state from the south south. I met a girl in Lagos 4 years ago who is from the south east and we have been very good friends ever since then.

I have developed very strong affection for her over time and we started dating. We really love each other now and we have have finalized plans to get married anytime between this year and early next year.

The issues now is that my parents are insisting I marry from my state, somebody who speaks the same language. It has caused me to have issues with my mother because she is the orchestra of all this tribal bigotry.

Please lala and house memeber make una advice me abeg. I have found someone who truly complements my life I really sincerely love this lady. Thanks
Na you and your mama go live together? Guy manup and do what you have to do
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by PHijo(m): 2:23am On May 11, 2020
RTSC:

How can you compare rape to marriage?

Did the Arabs marry their victims?

When is being biafran at heart means you hate the other ethnic group?
Where did you get that from?
Biafran is a nationality just like Togo or Ghana.
Citizens are allowed to have their individual feelings.

You are a pool of irrational mess.

Biafra? Nationality!#?!?

Where?

My friend stop getting emotional!

There have been several documented cases of racists getting married to people of a race they don't like. Several racists reluctantly allow their children marry other races.

Racist [wo]men get married to another race because of the kind of child they would like to have, their stereotypes on sexuality, the person's wealth or status in society.

The same principles apply when it comes to ethnicity.

A German would most likely marry a German before he marries a French or English.

In Nigeria we should see things in that same light.

An Igbo should not be demonized for wanting to marry an Igbo or wanting his children to marry Igbo.

Nigeria is not one, we should stop telling ourselves that lie.

Every citizen of Nigeria should be treated within the confines of law. We should stop trying to distort people's cultures through these thoughtless experiments that have failed in other parts of the world.

Inter ethnic marriage can only work to a certain degree when one of both parties submits to one of the cultures. It causes confusion. Many of such children have identity crisis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Nobody: 2:28am On May 11, 2020
Nukubib:
oga what happened to your lovely wife that supported you then? Have you gone your separate ways?
Nooo we dey ooo.
Separate go where.
Such an Exceptional Lady...
Which Other one dey available naaa
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by MessiahOwu: 2:32am On May 11, 2020
This your matter is complicated though!!!

but, the best thing is to let your mum know why you really need the other tribe girl.

meanwhile, follow your heart... marriage is never sweet without a woman you can stay with (Companionship).
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Beliti: 2:55am On May 11, 2020
Nice one, I'm just 20 nd I have already been told same by my parent I keep wondering cause their reasons are mere.
But I think the future tells and I hold my decisions.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Nobody: 4:06am On May 11, 2020
bonnyhope:

Girls don't love

Stop deceiving these up coming guys
Oga I’m a woman not a girl so I can relate maybe you need to upgrade from girls to women that’s how one man said he will refund my money lol and said the account was not going he just wanted to come to my house and see me o which he could have said .. I could say all men are deceiving but not all don’t generalize upgrade
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Tiheanacho(m): 4:35am On May 11, 2020
Lavisha:

and you want to marry a Igbo?!
I pity ya mama.
It's jx a pity u reason like a kid.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ModestGal(f): 4:47am On May 11, 2020
koyyess:
Just look at what is bringing issues up. angry

Later when they go to obodo oyibo and their white master calls them their slave, they will carry big sign board and be shouting 'black and proud' when it's clear they don't like themselves.

Look at who is even raising dust...a female who was raised to hate her fellow female.
Exactly bro, in Africa, females are the biggest enemies of fellow females. Our females backward, they will be the one to hate on their fellow females
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ModestGal(f): 4:52am On May 11, 2020
PHijo:

Biafra? Nationality!#?!?

Where?

My friend stop getting emotional!

There have been several documented cases of racists getting married to people of a race they don't like. Several racists reluctantly allow their children marry other races.

Racist [wo]men get married to another race because of the kind of child they would like to have, their stereotypes on sexuality, the person's wealth or status in society.

The same principles apply when it comes to ethnicity.

A German would most likely marry a German before he marries a French or English.

In Nigeria we should see things in that same light.

An Igbo should not be demonized for wanting to marry an Igbo or wanting his children to marry Igbo.

Nigeria is not one, we should stop telling ourselves that lie.

Every citizen of Nigeria should be treated within the confines of law. We should stop trying to distort people's cultures through these thoughtless experiments that have failed in other parts of the world.

Inter ethnic marriage can only work to a certain degree when one of both parties submits to one of the cultures. It causes confusion. Many of such children have identity crisis.
You are a disgrace to human beings. Go away with your racism and useless culture that have kept your people behind in everything. Try that with your kids and you will see that you will be disowned by all of them. This is 21st century, people should be allowed to marry who they desire
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Kazeemakeem(m): 5:02am On May 11, 2020
nyzeo:

Oga do there wish you will never regret
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Benresmy(m): 5:04am On May 11, 2020
This one na serious matter ooo
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by multiple4u: 5:08am On May 11, 2020
labelle123:
. Very very true speaking from experience

That's so True
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by GreatResearcher1: 5:12am On May 11, 2020
OriOko88:

Lol. So you could quote d bible. I tot you're a effing atheist with that blasphemous pic u always post of christian thread. Hippocrite
atheists read religious books than theists. I can quote Qur'an as well
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by scoundrel(f): 5:38am On May 11, 2020
Account creation year: 2010. Number of total comments posted: 34. Number of total topics created: 1. This person is an unserious entity. If this was how majority of Nairalanders behaved the administrator by now will struggle in a 50K/month job out of frustration. I guess the guy’s age is more like 23 or a little older, not 33.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by WeneDiali: 5:43am On May 11, 2020
OP marry from your tribe. Inter-tribal marriages no make sense. Lots of drama and baggages..

I will never support inter-ethnic marriage.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Kyn4kyn: 6:20am On May 11, 2020
In other words your parents are tribalistic
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by PHijo(m): 6:55am On May 11, 2020
ModestGal:

You are a disgrace to human beings. Go away with your racism and useless culture that have kept your people behind in everything. Try that with your kids and you will see that you will be disowned by all of them. This is 21st century, people should be allowed to marry who they desire

On the contrary, it is people like you who pretend these differences don't exist that are the world's problem. My place is probably better advanced than yours. In the last 60 years, how has this so-called multiculturalism helped Nigeria in particular and the world at large?

Instead, the result is dysfunctional homes, confused children and distorted sexuality. My culture is in NO WAY useless.

I won't let left leaning anarchist rob me of my identity in the name of a globalization.

My people have been shortchanged because of their liberal disposition.

Yoruba to Yoruba, Igbo to Igbo, Ijaw to Ijaw,Ibibio to Ibibio, Fulani to Fulani etc.

We will be doing ourselves a disservice if we promote this inter ethnic trash.

Today many people of African descent in the diaspora wish their African culture was largely preserved.

If we fail to preserve our respective cultures, tomorrow our children will ask us why we failed to.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by nuelyoyo(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2020
Are you from Azumini?
safarigirl:

This is so odd for me, I simply cannot relate to this love lost thing.

My place shares a boundary with Akwa-Ibom state, so, we are even closer to the Ibibio than Igbo side and both villages intermarry a lot. I have cousins from Akwa-Ibom, and such. So, this enmity you speak of is very new to me.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ModestGal(f): 7:03am On May 11, 2020
PHijo:

On the contrary, it is people like you who pretend these differences don't exist that are the world's problem. My place is probably better advanced than yours. In the last 60 years, how has this so-called multiculturalism helped Nigeria in particular and the world at large?

Instead, the result is dysfunctional homes, confused children and distorted sexuality. My culture is in NO WAY useless.

I won't let left leaning anarchist rob me of my identity in the name of a globalization.

My people have been shortchanged because of their liberal disposition.

Yoruba to Yoruba, Igbo to Igbo, Ijaw to Ijaw,Ibibio to Ibibio, Fulani to Fulani etc.

We will be doing ourselves a disservice if we promote this inter ethnic trash.

Today many people of African descent in the diaspora wish their African culture was largely preserved.

If we fail to preserve our respective cultures, tomorrow our children will ask us why we failed to.
Nothing much to say to you Mr RACIST, I can clearly see that you need help.
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by Ereolamide: 7:05am On May 11, 2020
OriOko88:

Shut up. That's too saucy.

Your father's blue balls
Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by PHijo(m): 7:07am On May 11, 2020
ModestGal:

Nothing much to say to you Mr RACIST, I can clearly see that you need help.

No, people like you need help!
That I decided not to marry another race doesn't make me a racist.

Would you willingly give up your culture, language and religion for mine?

I wouldn't give up mine of yours, that creates room for conflict. The best way to avoid such conflicts is to settle for someone from the same cultural cluster with me.

1 Like

Re: My Parents Won't Allow Me Marry Outside My Tribe by ModestGal(f): 7:12am On May 11, 2020
PHijo:

No, people like you need help!
That I decided not to marry another race doesn't make me a racist.

Would you willingly give up your culture, language and religion for mine?

I wouldn't give up mine of yours, that creates room for conflict. The best way to avoid such conflicts is to settle for someone from the same cultural cluster with me.
Of course, marrying someone from ones tribe doesn't make one to be a tribalistic, but publicly saying one shouldn't marry from other tribes is an attribute of a RACIST. And Racists a re mentally unstable people with too much ethnic ego. And truth is that these people are usually with the worst ethnic behaviour

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Women Narrate How They Discovered Their Boyfriends Are Gay / Trending Picture Of A Future Slay Queen On Facebook. / Four Ladies Married To The Same Man Proudly Show Him Off (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.