Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels (29370 Views)

‘wadata Plaza Will Go Down’, Reactions Trail Wike’s Demolition Threat / Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh / How Obasanjo, Nuhu Ribadu, Ezekwesili Destroyed Nigeria’s Democracy – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by crackhouse(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2020
Raw breakers.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by spafu(m): 8:57am On May 12, 2020
Pk
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:58am On May 12, 2020
Abeg,my Port Harcourt brothers and sisters here. una good morning
seun good morning
lala good morning
mynd44 good morning
all of una good morning

make una help una guy,una guy na young guy, una guy na guy wey dey hustle as per photographer,una guy na upcoming one for that matter..
Una know as wike keep us now and na daily bread I dey see chop that time.

I know things hard for everybody here, I know as e dey be,make una pardon my manners. Na beg I dey beg.

Abeg I know say God fit use one of una touch me between today and Wednesday as per say wike lift lockdown for two days say make we go restock and the lockdown go start on Thursday.. as I dey talk now, I no get shishi.palliative or waiting den dey call am, them no One gree share.

abeg Aunties and uncles, help me to get a cartoon of Noodles.. abeg

for my PH brothers, I stay along TANK road near rumukwrushi market.

abeg, you fit call me out to give me even garri, it's highly welcome.

my bank detail dey my signature.
make una no vex.

abeg abeg. person should use church mind and help me.. and the man that locked us up is busy in the kitchen...

we don't suffer for PH.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by frankmoney(m): 8:58am On May 12, 2020
Still doesn't justify demolishing a building on a mere executive order

2 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by olancho: 8:59am On May 12, 2020
We're backward today because we don't obey the law. Don't open your business for a period and u opened. You should bear the consequences. This rubbish cannot happen in Ghana. Who are you to break the law. Wike did the right thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by tammie24: 8:59am On May 12, 2020
I'm with wike on this

He stated clearly not to open hotels
The hotel owners don't have respect for the citizens and the law

Are they the only hotel owners in rivers state?

They have the guts to break the law they should expect whatever comes with breaking the law

If we keep pampering law breakers in this country
Things will never get better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Alwaysachick: 9:00am On May 12, 2020
Nairaland is filled with Hypocrites or confused people that would rather follow the popular crowd instead of reasoning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Psalter: 9:00am On May 12, 2020
Obviously Tony Momoh is no longer in tune with the law. Executive order issued by a state Governor is not tantamount to law. In any case, any prevailing law in any state that flouts the constitution is to the extent of that inconsistency null and void. The kidnapping law Tony Momoh alluded to in his submission was duly passed by the legislature of the respective state. The principle of separation of power is still very much in operation . U can’t as an executive make law and at the same time be the judge in your case. Where lieth the principle of fair hearing. Wike goofed and will surely fave the consequence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:01am On May 12, 2020
festacman:
One thing I know is that Governor Nyesom Wike who boldly and personally supervised the demolition those hotels can't say he lacks the power to mobilise the police and soldiers to storm those hotels, seal them and arrest every human being in their premises: owner, manager, workers, pimps, oloshos and clients and shepherd them before a court with appropriate charges slammed against them as well as the hotels as entities.

I maintain that Gov. Wike has NO business demolishing those hotels. His action remains unnecessary, reckless and lawless.

The danger is that if Nigerian State Governors need only an Executive Order to act as judge, prosecutor, jury and penal enforcer and could demolish business buildings at will, then Nigeria is playing with fire because the business premises of many political opponents of state governors will be in crumbles across the country soon.

imagine establishing State Police for These clowns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Alwaysachick: 9:02am On May 12, 2020
Psalter:
Obviously Tony Momoh is no longer in tune with the law. Executive order issued by a state Governor is not tantamount to law. In any case, any prevailing law in any state that flouts the constitution is to the extent of that inconsistency null and void. The kidnapping law Tony Momoh alluded to in his submission was duly passed by the legislature of the respective state. The principle of separation of power is still very much in operation . U can’t as an executive make law and at the same time be the judge in your case. Where lieth the principle of fair hearing. Wike goofed and will surely fave the consequence.

Just listen to your self, my dear NO consequences awaits Wike, deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by DipoToyo(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2020
Keep your eyes open

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by IkwerrePikin: 9:04am On May 12, 2020
virginboy1:
Instead of demolishing the hotel. It could have serve more use as an isolation or quarantine Center.

Did anybody tell you we lack Quarantine center in Rivers state? You hate obeying laws and you should be ready to bear the consequences. Law does not understand the world “pity”.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Gandollar(f): 9:06am On May 12, 2020
festacman:
One thing I know is that Governor Nyesom Wike who boldly and personally supervised the demolition those hotels can't say he lacks the power to mobilise the police and soldiers to storm those hotels, seal them and arrest every human being in their premises: owner, manager, workers, pimps, oloshos and clients and shepherd them before a court with appropriate charges slammed against them as well as the hotels as entities.

I maintain that Gov. Wike has NO business demolishing those hotels. His action remains unnecessary, reckless and lawless.

The danger is that if Nigerian State Governors need only an Executive Order to act as judge, prosecutor, jury and penal enforcer and could demolish business buildings at will, then Nigeria is playing with fire because the business premises of many political opponents of state governors will be in crumbles across the country soon.
Why did the hotelier flagrantly broke such a fearful law, even in the midst of a mystery disease killing people in thousands?

Did you read that advance teams were sent to warn them, and even a PDP leader in the hotel, supervised the beating of the officials?
The guy has been declared missing with a bounty on his head!

Governments all over Nigeria have been demolishing markets, shops and houses of erring citizens, for the greater good of all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by CaptainFM1: 9:06am On May 12, 2020
bolaayenimo:
If the hotel owners sue and win in court, will Wike pay ??

The state pays, not Wike.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by ariefadenco: 9:07am On May 12, 2020
larrymoore:
it is heartless of the governor to have gone that far just as it is irrational of Mr momoh

Look at the EFFIGY OF JUSTICE. She is blind folded, she is heartless, she doesnt recognise family, tribe, personality or race. It metes punishment as the law dictates. This is what a good law and an unbiased leader should represent.
Wike has not fallen short of what is expected of him.

5 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by tomju(m): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
I have a question for Prince Tony Mommoh. Hotel presidential Port Harcourt had guests during the lockdown. Why didn't Wike go and demolish it?
If the law says stealing attracts a jail term of 7 years. And someone steals. You sentence him to death! Is it justified? What did the law passed against lockdown say was the penalty for violators? Was there any law? Or a mere pronouncement by the governor not backed by a corresponding law from the house of assembly? If there was, what was the penalty for violators?
These are cardinal before you go into whether Wike was wrong or wrong! Because he was wrong. You can see I didn't insert an option of "right" there.
You can not be the accusers, the judge, and the executioner. Tony mommoh is looking for butter in PH, that is why he is supporting rascality.
If you argue Wike was right, quote a law that says violators will have their properties demolished.

5 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Gandollar(f): 9:07am On May 12, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Lawyers will always support themselves the same way the the military do

Falana and Adegboruwa have openly disagreed with Wike's actions, say something else.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by echelons(m): 9:08am On May 12, 2020
Alwaysachick:
The same set of people that called for Funke's head are definitely the ones criticizing Wike.

Confused beings
Remember Funke was taken to court and there was a process to her conviction? Was she destroyed arbitrarily?

Wike is a governor for crying out loud, and not a tout.

This shows in essence that it's only in Lagos and Abuja that human rights are at least observed to a reasonable extent

2 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by kitombo: 9:08am On May 12, 2020
yanabasee1:
What happened to fining them... Demolishing a building that only violated social gathering is wicked....

Wike will surely pay for his sins, whether he likes it or not....

How will the hoteliers recover from their lost?

When you fight people....be ready to face the consequences..... Abba Kyari fought with alot of people...Ofcoz you know where he is today....

Why bring Abba Kyari into this? We all will die one day, so nothing exceptional happened to him.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by okoloemmalex(m): 9:08am On May 12, 2020
it took Wike almost 2weeks sounding this warnings both on the TV, Radion and even charged the traditional rulers to also scale the sensitization down to her people. And he did emphasized on the Hotel case, but people 're here talking out of sentiments and emotions.

Wike did nothing wrong if you did read the content of the reasons why they were demolished.

Let's be objective in our judgement

3 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by sencekompis: 9:10am On May 12, 2020
ANIMAL KINGDOM TONY IS SENSELESS WIKE POWER DRUNK. SHITTHOLE
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by MicaiahOgorry06: 9:10am On May 12, 2020
"Let all soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation." Romans 13:1-2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Originalsly: 9:11am On May 12, 2020
Why demolition and not seizure? Oh well... if it is the law then he has the right to demolish the properties for violation. He is not going to be in office forever.... what goes around comes around.... his supporters should not complain when their properties are demolished for various vuolations.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by adenigga(m): 9:11am On May 12, 2020
coins501:
Sometimes I wonder whether these dudes parading themselves as lawyers really did study law
How will you sympathise when your principal is also a law breaker? Funny old man undecided

He's a stupid lawyer, where is rule of law?
Where is separation of powers?

So, under executive act, governors or president can perform the functions of executive, legislative and judiciary?
Please, I need clarification!

Maybe I am missing!

3 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by sencekompis: 9:12am On May 12, 2020
okoloemmalex:
it took Wike almost 2weeks sounding this warnings both on the TV, Radion and even charged the traditional rulers to also scale the sensitization down to her people. And he did emphasized on the Hotel case, but people 're here talking out of sentiments and emotions.

Wike did nothing wrong if you did read the content of the reasons why they were demolished.

Let's be objective in our judgement

I PRAY IT HAPPENS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IJN AMEN
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Nobody: 9:12am On May 12, 2020
larrymoore:
it is heartless of the governor to have gone that far just as it is irrational of Mr momoh
...the penalty for drug trafficking in Malaysia is death... incase

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Gandollar(f): 9:12am On May 12, 2020
24SEVEN:
Na Wike get this coronavirus season.. Oh mehn, everywhere Wike.
Have you seen it? It's on FP!

Video of Wike cooking in the kitchen grin

Wike is trending cheesy
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Nobody: 9:14am On May 12, 2020
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by fergie001: 9:15am On May 12, 2020
emkz:
Much as Wike warned about demolishing people's houses, he should have seized the hotels from them instead of demolishing someone's source of livelihood. If it was Protea Hotels or Radisson Blu, would he have gone there to demolish them?

He also has no right to auction people's cars. At the end of the day, Rivers State Government, inter alia, Rivers people would pay the costs of compensation for these victims arising from Wike's idiocy when this matter reaches the Supreme Court. Every action by a state executive must be backed by law or gazetted. So long as none of this was met, Wike's actions are criminal, ultra vires and impeachable. Let the victims prepare their court documents, Wike is in trouble after his tenure.

There must be a limit to executive brigandage.
Which Supreme Court?
Wike?

You must be new in this country o
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Nobody: 9:15am On May 12, 2020
virginboy1:
Instead of demolishing the hotel. It could have serve more use as an isolation or quarantine Center.

when you become a governor, use it as such
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by guy222: 9:16am On May 12, 2020
Alwaysachick:
The same set of people that called for Funke's head are definitely the ones criticizing Wike.

Confused beings
this one don exchange his brain with akara, so you are saying the lagos state governor can as well demonish funke's house or the house the party took place abi, why you mumu like this. Keep reasoning with your anus

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

June 12: Agba Jalingo arrested / 2023: Kwankwaso Commissions Secretariat In Lafia (Pictures) / How Lawyers’ Show Of Shame During Football Match Mars NBA Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.