Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,487 members, 7,857,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels (29389 Views)

‘wadata Plaza Will Go Down’, Reactions Trail Wike’s Demolition Threat / Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh / How Obasanjo, Nuhu Ribadu, Ezekwesili Destroyed Nigeria’s Democracy – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by luluman: 10:33am On May 12, 2020
coins501:
Sometimes I wonder whether these dudes parading themselves as lawyers really did study law
How will you sympathise when your principal is also a law breaker? Funny old man undecided
Stop wasting time wondering & start teaching people to respect the law of the land.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by luluman: 10:33am On May 12, 2020
bolaayenimo:
If the hotel owners sue and win in court, will Wike pay ??
Then let him go to court!!!
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by luluman: 10:34am On May 12, 2020
larrymoore:
it is heartless of the governor to have gone that far just as it is irrational of Mr momoh
Just as it is dumb for any Nigerian to circumvent laid down rules.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Edyfuzi(m): 10:43am On May 12, 2020
emkz:
Much as Wike warned about demolishing people's houses, he should have seized the hotels from them instead of demolishing someone's source of livelihood. If it was Protea Hotels or Radisson Blu, would he have gone there to demolish them?

He also has no right to auction people's cars. At the end of the day, Rivers State Government, inter alia, Rivers people would pay the costs of compensation for these victims arising from Wike's idiocy when this matter reaches the Supreme Court. Every action by a state executive must be backed by law or gazetted. So long as none of this was met, Wike's actions are criminal, ultra vires and impeachable. Let the victims prepare their court documents, Wike is in trouble after his tenure.

There must be a limit to executive brigandage.
If the hotel is seized. .who owns it, is it not the same government that owns it...so if the government decides to demolish it's property it's left for them
Whether seized or demolished the fact remains that the hotel has been demolished and I guess no hotel will open again
Nigerians are too difficult to manage unless when dealt with iron hand and that's what the always want and thats what wike is giving them
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by blessing193: 10:44am On May 12, 2020
Mr man go sit down.if it happen to be a Rivers man it will not be so what he did was wrong,what stop him from sealing the hotel rather than demolishing the hotel.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by overlord77: 10:46am On May 12, 2020
larrymoore:
it is heartless of the governor to have gone that far just as it is irrational of Mr momoh

It is more heartless to break the law. Laws are put in place to create order. As simple as traffic rules in this country, people break it every damn second cos they believe they can always talk and bribe their way out of it. One bastard scattered my rear end one day here in PH at a stop light cos he didn't wanna stop. I mean it was freaking RED light. I spent over 140k fixing that shit. How heartless is that

Trust me, in developed countries, citizens would love to also break the law but what constrains them is the fear of the consequences.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by desiredhome: 10:58am On May 12, 2020
Poloyanabo1:
You're an APC member and you're supporting tyranny.
I'm not surprised!

Sometimes you hear people asking who did this to us or is Africa cursed? and so on

The level of greed and poverty in this country can make a man see a black colour and still argue that it's white because of money/greed.. terrible

When it's favours you it's good, when it's against you it's not good,
you will support this evil so wike will notice you and share the money with you.....

Why didn't the Lagos State governor demolish the club house he sealed for violating the law?

Lawyer my foot
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by asahnwaKC: 10:58am On May 12, 2020
Laws are meant to be broken..that's why we have judicial courts to determine what punishment is to be melted out....what wike did is absolutely wrong..he's acting like a military leader....stupid power drunk governor
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by desiredhome: 11:09am On May 12, 2020
tammie24:
I'm with wike on this

He stated clearly not to open hotels
The hotel owners don't have respect for the citizens and the law

Are they the only hotel owners in rivers state?

They have the guts to break the law they should expect whatever comes with breaking the law

If we keep pampering law breakers in this country
Things will never get better
Tell wike to go and demolish Presidential hotel and some big hotels in GRA that are still operating...
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Bolosiye: 11:17am On May 12, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/former-minister-tony-momoh-backs-wike-on-hotels-demolition/
.. in as much as i'm not in support of people breaching the law, and which usually or normally should attracts due penalties in commensurate to the gravity of the offence...Tony momoh gave instance with the robbery and kidnapping cases respectively, theses two cases are exclusively treated in law , you know due to their enormity as they both poses a big threat to human life, these crimes in most occasions are being carried out at the influence of dangerous leather weapons with intent to either kill or maim to achieve a successful mission..and ofcourse death penalty or life sentence is not out of place for the offenders..The law as most people dont know has a human face, such that some offences or crime are treated with some measures of considerable leniency..which i think in my own mind should have applied in this wike vs hotel cases in rivers.....so my conclusion wike gone to far, at worst that hotel should have been sealed indefinitely.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Pandev(m): 11:28am On May 12, 2020
Alwaysachick:
The same set of people that called for Funke's head are definitely the ones criticizing Wike.

Confused beings
Funke's house wasn't demolished sir, she was charged to the court of law. You're the confused one here sir cool
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Pandev(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2020
24SEVEN:
Na Wike get this coronavirus season.. Oh mehn, everywhere Wike.

Lawyers who lambasted, lampooned and castigated Wike, the stage is set. Please take up the case on behalf of the owners of the hotels and Sue RVSG. I'm talking about the likes of Falana and Adegboruwa(hope i spelt it well).

Time for them to put their money where there mouth is.

Why I support the demolition is the peculiarity of Rivers. He knows us the people he governs, they are people you don't negotiate with, any sign of weakness or inability to keep to your threat, they will take you for a very long ride. A state littered with natural strongheads, cultists, militants and people who love to thwart instructions for fun of it, to show they have level and guts. Na Wike fit us.
in short, there shouldn't be any court of law in Rivers State. Let Wike be the accuser, prosecutor and the judge grin
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by adebwalex(m): 11:42am On May 12, 2020
HE AS DONE IT
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Istand4justice: 11:48am On May 12, 2020
festacman:
One thing I know is that Governor Nyesom Wike who boldly and personally supervised the demolition those hotels can't say he lacks the power to mobilise the police and soldiers to storm those hotels, seal them and arrest every human being in their premises: owner, manager, workers, pimps, oloshos and clients and shepherd them before a court with appropriate charges slammed against them as well as the hotels as entities.

I maintain that Gov. Wike has NO business demolishing those hotels. His action remains unnecessary, reckless and lawless.

The danger is that if Nigerian State Governors need only an Executive Order to act as judge, prosecutor, jury and penal enforcer and could demolish business buildings at will, then Nigeria is playing with fire because the business premises of many political opponents of state governors will be in crumbles across the country soon.

You're saying this even after they attacked the taskforce and hospitalized some of them? Tell that to those poor members of the task force and their families who were injured. Leaders have to take this kind of decisions sometimes or they'll ride over them
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Pandev(m): 11:49am On May 12, 2020
moralistic:
...the penalty for drug trafficking in Malaysia is death... incase
because it is Malaysia's law and not the Malaysian president's executive order. Thanks sir
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Pandev(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2020
guy222:
this one don exchange his brain with akara, so you are saying the lagos state governor can as well demonish funke's house or the house the party took place abi, why you mumu like this. Keep reasoning with your anus
shocked
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Nobody: 11:54am On May 12, 2020
desiredhome:

Sometimes you hear people asking who did this to us or is Africa cursed? and so on

The level of greed and poverty in this country can make a man see a black colour and still argue that it's white because of money/greed.. terrible

When it's favours you it's good, when it's against you it's not good,
you will support this evil so wike will notice you and share the money with you.....

Why didn't the Lagos State governor demolish the club house he sealed for violating the law?

Lawyer my foot
I don't fully understand you!
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Pandev(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2020
Lyricsmansion:

Bros you can seek refund of all your tuition fees from various institutions u attended..
grin if na you get the school, you fit return im tuition fees?
Make bros just go collect another jamb form, simple.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by adebwalex(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2020
FAITHFUL GOD
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by emkz: 12:01pm On May 12, 2020
fergie001:
My dear emkz:

Hahahahahaha.....very funny.

Since 2015? You should be an overly optimistic person if you think the EFCC will investigate Odili.

They have been saying this since 2015, Buhari has 3 more years grin

Hahaha.....funny
My dear, Wike's wife is too junior a Judge with the retinue of Judges he is 'close' with. I will stop there.

Hahahaha......Who is Fashola without executive powers?
Go & ask about the houses he brought down in Lagos and where the cases have ended.

He has been queried by the NJC, since Dec 2009 when Odili's wife was still at the Court of Appeal?....Can you tell me the outcome?

My bro....Please use the political section often....you will understand.

You seem not to understand a few things I can't spell out here or perhaps you live abroad.

My humble advice to the man
Don't trade words with Wike. Let him enjoy himself, then use back-channels and appeal heavily to him.

So that he can meet you halfway, at least till he leaves there.

Total E&P that were praising him that day were not mad. They were only doing what was necessary.

https://guardian.ng/news/odili-approaches-court-as-efcc-begins-probe-of-alleged-n100b-fraud/
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by fergie001: 12:02pm On May 12, 2020
emkz:

https://guardian.ng/news/odili-approaches-court-as-efcc-begins-probe-of-alleged-n100b-fraud/
We are still on NL....we ll discuss the matter when it gets to his wife's table at Abuja.

Don't worry.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Pandev(m): 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

seems your period is missing. if this fool was an APC gov, imbeciles like you would have been ranting like spoilt toy?

I think you're under spell to support his foolishness? nonsense impersonator
shocked 'ranting like spoilt toy'? grin
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by emkz: 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
fergie001:

We are still on NL....we ll discuss the matter when it gets to his wife's table at Abuja.

Don't worry.

May God spare our lives. Amen.

Nice talking to you bro.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by desiredhome: 12:05pm On May 12, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

I don't fully understand you!
Ok
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by fergie001: 12:10pm On May 12, 2020
emkz:

May God spare our lives. Amen.

Nice talking to you bro.
Same here, Sir
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by Alwaysachick: 12:10pm On May 12, 2020
Wolgrace:

Hey!! No one is crying for sympathy or mercy for disobeying the law, but to let the constitutional law have its way, and charge if found guilty, and punished in accordance with the law codes. And demolition of building is NOT and will never be part of the punishment if proven guilty. What happened to sureties and fines, light jail terms, temporary suspension of operation of the company, license seizure, etc? Or is any of the confisticated buildings recovered from looters who broke the law and abused offices ever demolished? Let the hoteliers punished with the law codes, not governor who also disobeyed and trample upon the voice of the law. ABUSE OF POWER IS DISOBEDIENCE TOO!

Where is the sense of comprehension in your epileptic and beer-palour counter arguments? Very poor critical objection withou the reason of the law!

All this grammar doesn't change the fact that some one disobeyed the law and absconded.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by GraphicDesigner(f): 12:15pm On May 12, 2020
larrymoore:

Baba, kpishunugi dere.....
Nigerians need force. We too slack.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by ABCthings: 12:23pm On May 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
Oga Tony pls tell Them...

If you have the guts to break the law, you should have the same guts to Receive whatever comes with it

It's Just like some of my Brothers here that are against Receiving and Accepting JESUS CHRIST, despite Salvation being free. Yet they tell you How Wicked GOD is let people go to Hell Fire..

Exactly!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by suremanpatriot: 12:31pm On May 12, 2020
momoh yu are the worst law breaker and evil jornaliat mercenary for corrupt govts regimes.God punish yu with stroke and high bp evil man.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by chronique(m): 12:31pm On May 12, 2020
dheespectre:
Meanwhile, grow bald and receding hairline without expensive hair transplant or surgery today. In 7 days, you'll get to see results.
Also turns grey hair dark from the roots up.
4990 a bottle..
Call 08 1 66 62 4 2 68

Please, I need this. My hairline is receding badly.
Re: Tony Momoh Reacts To Wike Demolition Of Hotels by emeone: 12:41pm On May 12, 2020
Spot on..
We are in rule of law, negligence of the law is not an excuse.
During Tinubu time KAI people catch me for crossing high way close to a bridge.
Despite all my Grammer n gra-gra they took me to a kangaroo court.
So all my excuse didn't hold water.
Since then am careful breaking the law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Politics? A Must Read And An Eye Opener!!!!!!!! / Ganduje: Kwankwaso Wants To Return To APC / Keyamo To Onaiyekan: Dear Daddy, your Comments Are becoming unstatesmanlike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.