Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else (2234 Views)

Why does this boy in my class get scared of me? / 1st Impressions Dat Makes U Like Someone Instantly / Yes! I Told Him Openly That I Like It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by cheesyLog: 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
Right, I have only just gotten over a girl (who is one of my best friends), who I never won, after liking her for about a year and a half.  So i thought 'this is ridiculous, I need to move on.' (Took a while!.) 

Anyway, I started to notice this girl who is in a couple of my classes, we joked and I made her laugh a bit, and over the xmas hols, we spoke over Facebook a lot.   We are both revising for a Maths exam next week so our conversations tended to start from that, and then grow smiley

When we got back to school, it was kind of the same, joking, chatting a little on facebook.  I have started to quite like her by this point.  I don't think she knows I like her, but I'm not certain that she doesn't like me either.   Recently, the FB chat has slowed down, and I have noticed that in my DT class she might be flirting with someone else.

I dunno what to do.  If I try to act now and ask her out, I could make Maths and DT awkward if she says no.  If i leave it, she may end up with this other guy :/ Its soooo difficult.

Bit stuck to be honest.  Any advice would be received gratefully!! Thanks
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by Dyt(f): 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ask er b ur gf
simple
i lyk wen young ppl fall in love
always a story 2 tell
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
op advise from a senior. Why dont u wait till u get to 100level or Hnd1 before thinking about relationship?
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by deniyor: 7:07pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^ He can start now. Success will improve his confidence and come handy when needed in that HND1 or college or whenever.

@OP
The worst the girl can do is say no, maybe slap you in the process (if you overstep your boundaries). But I will tell you this, as a man, its part of the game. If you want to hv a good lady at anytime in your life, you hv to be able to take risks. NO MORE DROOLING OVER A LADY FOR MONTHS AND YEARS ON END!!!!! ok? Just approach them and say your mind, even if you stammer it out, you will improve over time. All you need is confidence.

Go talk to the lady tomorrow and tell her what you want. If she says no, move on. No shaking since you will hv saved yourself the emotional torture and hv time to study too. Plus believe me when I say girls are a dime a dozen. Lots of them round the corner!
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by cheesyLog: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
That's brilliant advice tbh smiley

It's just, after the first incident, my confidence of asking girls out has dropped.  I wouldn't know how to start. I have double Maths with her tomorrow, should I try to walk with her and ask her 'I was wondering, would you like to catch a film sometime?' or should i do something small to start like 'Wanna do some maths revision at break?' (as enticing as that sounds)

Thanks so much btw
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by Atreides(f): 8:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
@O.P,you sound like me! I was hung up on a guy for like a year(gulp) and we did the whole fb thing(we were in different schools though). I got over it(somebody shout hallelujah),but i never knew whether he liked me back or not. I always wonder what if? What if he'd spoken up? For all we know,she might like you too. She might've been waiting for you to make a move and when you didn't,she might've assumed you just wanted to be friends and then decided to give the other guy a shot. As it is now,nothing's set in stone. She's just flirting with the other bloke-she hasn't started anything serious. I really think you should speak up. Just get it out there.
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by cheesyLog: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2011
Yeah, why not

I'l try and ask her out tomorrow, ask her if she wants to see a film? Is that a bad way to ask a girl out? I really dunno ,

Thanks to everyone !
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by Atreides(f): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
cheesyLog:

Yeah, why not

I'l try and ask her out tomorrow, ask her if she wants to see a film? Is that a bad way to ask a girl out? I really dunno ,

Thanks to everyone !
Aww sug. . It's not a bad way to ask a girl out. You sound like a sweetheart. Good luck!
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by omega25red(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2011
the film i dea is good but how do you approach her? what are you going say
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by cheesyLog: 10:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
Hopefully, just walk to the common room with her, and suggest seeing 'Little Fockers' She said she wanted to see it.

However, I am thinking about leaving it until after my exams are over (2 weeks) - Just take one thing at a time. If she says no, I don't want to get distracted, especially over important exams. Might ask if she wants to see it with me, and suggest to see it after exams as a celebration?
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by Ifedisky(m): 10:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
it might be a good idea to do da doodah sharpish before the other interlopers gain a foothold on your territory wink
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by MrCork17: 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
cheesyLog, bro may be its becoz u aint gots money undecided
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by 190: 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2011
Mr, Cork:

cheesyLog, bro may be its becoz u  aint gots money undecided

((((((((( PEARL )))))

MR.COCK'S 5TH FAVOURITE WIFE!!

Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by Mygoldie(f): 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^thats a black albino girl,he asked for a white obobo woman,but he got a black albino.
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by 190: 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2011
Mygoldie:

^^thats a black albino girl,he asked for a white obobo woman,but he got a black albino.
grin grin grin

Mygoldie

Then you have not met NKIRU,

((( NKIRU )))

COCK 2ND BEST WIFE AFTER SARAH, THE MURDER OF COCK'S 11 CHILDREN

SHE IS LIGHT SKIN,CAN COOK CLEAN AND WASH AND SCRUB BATHROOM FLOOR

Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by MrCork17: 10:50pm On Jan 13, 2011
Mygoldie:

Mygoldie . sweery can we just kiss & make up?
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by 190: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Mygoldie . sweery can we just kiss & make up?

NO

MYGOLDIE ISN'T INTO ROOSTER'S

MYGOLDIE MEET

((( SARAH )))

MR.COCK FAVOURITE WIFE AND MURDER OF HIS UNBORN KIDS!!

Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by ALICIA22(f): 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
190 the Almighty tread derailer tongue
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by 190: 10:58pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^My dear you wont understand

Im on a quest to finish this foooooooooooL called cock today

He has since been a nuisance and today he would learn his place!!
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by Mygoldie(f): 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
190:

NO

MYGOLDIE ISN'T INTO ROOSTER'S

MYGOLDIE MEET

((( SARAH )))

MR.COCK FAVOURITE WIFE AND MURDER OF HIS UNBORN KIDS!!

he asked for ''obobo'';he got a 'read head' instead. grin grin grin
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by ALICIA22(f): 11:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
190:

^^My dear you wont understand

Im on a quest to finish this foooooooooooL called cock today

He has since been a nuisance and today he would learn his place!!

190 Alright I can see go after him the way the cat go after the rat and pour very hot water on him cork cool cool
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by 190: 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2011
Where is cock

he seems 2 be dodging me!!
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by gbengress1: 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2011
One of d reason why students fail WAEC
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by deniyor: 11:47pm On Jan 13, 2011
@poster
That's a nice way to ask her out. It's a start but know you will still have to go for the kill shot. That is, you have to let her know you do not want to be friends. You will to be more than just friends, you want her to be your gf. Don't assume she knows exactly what you mean. Else she could be going to the movie or hanging out with you just as a friend.
Don't worry, girls shake in their legs too when we ask them out. They will always deny it but keep that in your mind, always.
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by dayokanu(m): 3:26am On Jan 14, 2011
This thread is the answer to the thread below

[size=28pt]79.6% Students Fails Again In Waec Exams[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-582709.0.html
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by deniyor: 9:39pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^ lol. If a guy with stomach ache goes to the doctor and tells the doctor he has an headache, he will be given advil ( panadol or similar) to cure the headache. Now face the topic at hand and stop passing judgement.
Re: I Like A Girl In My Class, Think She May Like Someone Else by cheesyLog: 11:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
I don't have a clue what has happened to this thread , Dunno what 'WAEC' is

She wasn't in school today sad will try Monday

We had a fun chat on Facebook today smiley

(1) (Reply)

Romance To The Core / The "Death-sentence" Words You Should NEVER, EVER Say To A Woman? / Is It Really A Bad Thing If You Get Married To An Older Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.