Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love (29436 Views)

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? / High Court Judge Cries Out As DNA Test Reveals Three Children Not His / My Four Children Not Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by luluosas(m): 5:27am On May 13, 2020
Very true
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by toffyz(m): 5:29am On May 13, 2020
Dude is right oo
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Wantedmiller: 5:30am On May 13, 2020
The funny part is that our senators always know what is right but putting it to work..............is matter of what I do know exactly......
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 5:33am On May 13, 2020
Wantedmiller:
The funny part is that our senators always know what is right but putting it to work..............is matter of what I do know exactly......
Not all know the RIGHT THING.
Don't use one reasonable senator to judge other stupid ones.
In a CLASS of 100 students, some people must come top of the class while some others remain at the bottom....

That doesn't make all reasonable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Kobicove(m): 5:37am On May 13, 2020
What the man said is true...people should stop deceiving themselves! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 5:39am On May 13, 2020
101% Truth. (Marriage is for NONSTOP SEX and PROCREATION of CHILDREN)
Just marry and maybe your wife is unable to have kids, then you will know if you married her for Love or procreation.
Genesis 9:7
"Be fruitful then and multiply, teem over the earth and subdue it!"
Genesis 9:1
"God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, 'Breed, multiply and fill the earth."
Genesis 1:27-28
[27]"God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.
[28]God blessed them, saying to them, 'Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that move on earth."

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by mmsen: 5:43am On May 13, 2020
EVILFOREST:

What about INDIA and CHINA
CHINA has similar Land Mass with the US and Canada...
CHINA is 1.5 Billion.
INDIA is 1.3 Billion
US is 310 million.
CANADA is 36 million.

Meanwhile these COUNTRIES are 10 Times bigger than Nigeria.
..... and NIGERIA is 200 Fucking Million.
We are Finished. .... Situation can only get worse

Even worse none of those countries has a population that has doubled in 30 years like Nigeria. And even now Nigerian women refuse to embrace family planning.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by mmsen: 5:46am On May 13, 2020
stevmatt15:
101% Truth.
Just marry and maybe your wife is unable to have kids, then you will know if you married her for Love or procreation.
Genesis 9:7
"Be fruitful then and multiply, teem over the earth and subdue it!"
Genesis 9:1
"God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, 'Breed, multiply and fill the earth."
Genesis 1:27-28
[27]"God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.
[28]God blessed them, saying to them, 'Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that move on earth."

The earth is already full of people and Africans do a bad job of taking care of kids.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 5:49am On May 13, 2020
mmsen:

The earth is already full of people and Africans do a bad job of taking care of kids.
Yes that is where we got it wrong
Bad child nurturing and up bringing.

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 5:50am On May 13, 2020
i concur
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by fabian063: 5:59am On May 13, 2020
After seeing the topic I'ld wanted to admonish him, but after reading the content, I saw that he was making a whole lot of sense

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Grandmeister(m): 6:04am On May 13, 2020
olaztek:
That's the reason we have so many divorces in our society.
And what about the divorce rate in the West?? Can it be compared to Africans? When a 30 years old woman has gone through 2 divorces already in the West..statistics proves your comment false.

8 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 6:13am On May 13, 2020
mmsen:

Even worse none of those countries has a population that has doubled in 30 years like Nigeria. And even now Nigerian women refuse to embrace family planning.
PROBLEM dey Naija ooooo
The POPULATION is too much.
.... and most people belonging to this population are ANGRY.... terribly angry.

Unplanned KIDS with Unplanned Future

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by brownemmanuel43(m): 6:18am On May 13, 2020
Mr. Senator is absolutely right. There is no love in Africa, an average African marry all bcs of offspring. Once a man got married, the next thing people around will be looking at is the wife's belle and they will start counting 9 months time for her

11 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by queengift(f): 6:25am On May 13, 2020
This is the bitter truth.

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by sassiemyk: 6:26am On May 13, 2020
He Speaks The Truth. Love Is Nothing To A Nigerian Woman. Money And Children Are The Major Motives Driving Marriages In Nigerian That Is Why Problems With Marriages Are Rife.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 6:29am On May 13, 2020
So I am speaking from experience and I know how it pains that you have made a choice and you discover that the choice can’t work. Because in Africa, we marry for children, we don’t marry for love.”

At this point, Senate President Ahmad Lawan interrupted, saying: “Senator Chukwuka Utazi, I think you should be speaking for yourself.”

Hahahahaha my brothers in the northern part no go like that part, because I don't see anything called love from those who harboured more than 5 wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by riczy(m): 6:40am On May 13, 2020
The kind of bill they sponsor in d house is laughable, this is nt a bill in a senile climes, its d needful. So we we ve nt been doing it because its nt enshrine in d law? cool, its truly owewerising dt dis is comn now! Now we are waking up.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by abysirius(m): 6:43am On May 13, 2020
opribo:
Exactly, the only one reason why you marry is for children.
It will be wrong to conclude this as the onle reason people get married. What about companionship?? ...especially in Ur old age. People marry for diverse reasons and maybe to some children might be considered as one of the major reasons..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by malcom1X: 6:43am On May 13, 2020
mmsen:

Which Asia?

Asians aren't having 5/6 children anymore. Only Africans are foolish enough to do such in the age of contraceptives.

Stupid people.

What's wrong with having 5 to 6 kids? Just asking.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by abat4real37(f): 6:46am On May 13, 2020
He's right to an extent, you will see some men and mother in law's disturbing the wife after few months of marriage because of pregnancy
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Xclusiveanalyst: 6:51am On May 13, 2020
STORY TIME AFRICA
Follow this link to join our WhatsApp group: https:///KMbCoyOoPdQElzU7DnEJds
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Eniolakiite(f): 6:53am On May 13, 2020
You’re right

Amotolongbo:
The senator is saying the truth though.

When a man or woman is reaching a certain age, people start asking and looking forward to the time he/she will come on to settle down with a partner, not because they want him/her to be taken care of by the partner, but because of the offspring coming out of the Union.
Family and friends start anticipating for the fruits of the womb and less concerned about how happy they are being together. And in Africa we care more and more influenced my what is happening in our environment, environments (family and friends) dictate to us on how to live our lives.

If majority of us in Africa do marry cause of love, we need not always getting worried about the delay in childbirth or sex of the children given birth to.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by ZeroShenanigan(m): 6:57am On May 13, 2020
He is actually refer to healthy children.. He is trying to say, one the reasons we married is children, so why can't the children be healthy?

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by sylve11: 6:58am On May 13, 2020
Lol @ Utazi grin cool
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by TruthSpeaker: 7:00am On May 13, 2020
Speak for yourself
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Menesh: 7:03am On May 13, 2020
malcom1X:

What's wrong with having 5 to 6 kids? Just asking.

Raising 5 to 6 children with this level of poverty here and now is not moimoi. Unless you want to train them our old ways.

By and large, during our childbearing years, we dream so much of a future successful grownups ( Male and female), who will support us when we are old, forgeting so easily what it takes raising them, and the overwhelming toll it will take on us physically and mentally.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Lawmak: 7:04am On May 13, 2020
So Sam Egwu still dey Senate.
Na wa oo
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by liveyourlife007(m): 7:09am On May 13, 2020
Thats true. the book IN DEPENDENCE by sarah manyika. emphasis this point. Ty and Vanessa never ended up together . ..pick_up_your sandal and shit like that

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by roseb1(f): 7:13am On May 13, 2020
Macsjebs:
Not everyone, just a generalisation

Everyday and in every way, Nairaland gets a lot more interesting and educative

One thing I will never forget are kind words which well known and respected monikers posted on the thread on my signature
Explorer doesn't advertise his thread. You should take a cue from him. We know you are trying though, U don't need to advertise it. Allow the thread to speak for itself capishe? I hope I spoke kindly? cheesy grin
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 7:16am On May 13, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/extra-in-africa-we-marry-for-children-not-love-says-enugu-senator

I think this post should be for the northern Nigeria, because what I see going on here is very very pathetic
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by InvertedHammer: 7:17am On May 13, 2020
/
Once you marry, awon womb watchers will show.

After two years of no pregnancy, the question will be about offsprings not happiness (nor love).

By the way...who asked the senator?

\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Is Always Running / Confronting The Mistress / Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.