Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love (29439 Views)

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? / High Court Judge Cries Out As DNA Test Reveals Three Children Not His / My Four Children Not Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by kalufelix(m): 9:09am On May 13, 2020
yemzzy22:
me I marry for an happy home and successful one to training my children to be great and blessed children
How does this differ from what the senator said ??
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Larcardii(f): 9:13am On May 13, 2020
baiaon:
There is nothing like "love" in any marriage in the world."Love" is a term created by advertisers to sell wedding dresses and rings and romance books and movies.
Getting married is strictly a political and business decision/arrangement.No emotions should be involved
I pity d woman dat will marry this one

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Talius(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2020
Many will deny this, but most are guilty.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by FlordFlorez(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2020
Psoul:

So you can marry a woman u don't love so long as she will be able to bear children for u?
Can u count atleast hundred couples in ur immediate environ (ur family inclusive) that love each other purely?
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by rationalhuman(m): 9:17am On May 13, 2020
You are partially right, While other communities have 1 or 2 kids max, Muslims in Asia are still having 5,6 kids,
I can say this by my personal witness of this in India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand.

mmsen:

Which Asia?

Asians aren't having 5/6 children anymore. Only Africans are foolish enough to do such in the age of contraceptives.

Stupid people.

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by bukatyne(f): 9:17am On May 13, 2020
DeRay98:

you know the northerners like to pretend alot, they 'll tell you it's the prophet's instruction...

cheesy

It is a Nigerian trait.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Esco2: 9:18am On May 13, 2020
Some how correct.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 9:20am On May 13, 2020
malcom1X:

What's wrong with having 5 to 6 kids? Just asking.
Well the earth is over-populated already and death rate is reducing. Everyother part of the world have accepted this, now reducing their birth rate, creating awareness for birth control, abortion is widely practiced and some men in the west get vasectomy on them selves. Africa and middle east are the only exception, it's worst in Africa, Nigeria esp, our population will grow twice the size by 2035, it's going to be horrible, more crimes will be commited and there would be a massive fall in economy, poverty will be wide spread.
I myself don't plan on bringing any kids to this horrible world and I don't think anyone else should but like if you really want a kid, ONE should be enough, for the sake of our planet and it's future inhabitants.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by rationalhuman(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2020
Agreed, Most of the people hate this but truth is We are the Most unproductive people in this world.

Some people hate Foreigners but i dont, you Remove Brits, Yankees, Indians, French from this continent, Their know how, Their Products, Their Technical Leadership and we will be left with nothing but Fufu and Ugali also not to forget our Tribalism to sell or kill each other without second thought.
zcee:
one black head African/Nigerian can't rule a country like Nigeria with such population..

In as much I do not support the breaking up of Nigeria, I think that will be the best option let everyone manage their own prob..

We are too large to be ruled by one black African person except the Britain will come back and take over from us..

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 9:21am On May 13, 2020
“I marry for children not Love” then problem solved that’s why we have a lot of fatherless children

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by hammerP: 9:23am On May 13, 2020
Larcardii:
.marriage is not only for kids okpo...anybody can have kids

IN THE OLD DAYS, WE CALL SUCH KIDS BASTARD.

GOOGLE THE MEANING OF BASTARD.

MARRIAGE IS AN ARRANGEMENT BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE THAT ARE OF AGE AND SEEK TO REPRODUCE.

MARRIAGE IS THEIR CONTRACT AND AGREEMENT, RECOGNISED BY LAW, TRADITION AND CHURCH.

https://www.google.com/search?q=BASTARD&oq=BASTARD&aqs=chrome..69i57.2731986j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Bastard a person born of parents not married to each other.

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by CCC2(m): 9:26am On May 13, 2020
People marry for many reasons, both collective and individual, Which child bearing is undeniably a primary reason especially in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by kalufelix(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2020
abysirius:
It will be wrong to conclude this as the onle reason people get married. What about companionship?? ...especially in Ur old age. People marry for diverse reasons and maybe to some children might be considered as one of the major reasons..
you are almost on the same line without knowing it... The companionship you talked about is expected to come from the children when you must have become old..because the govt barely has plans to cater for the aged... So you invest in the children property to save your aged asss when the time comes... Let me also add that in some cultures you eagerly anticipate the day your daughter will finally bring home a rich son-in law...lol ... We forever on "survival mode" every relationship is transactional... The senator is 101% right no need for the twist.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Liposure: 9:44am On May 13, 2020
He's right. People dont care about luv in marriage anymore
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by babajero(m): 9:45am On May 13, 2020
sunnyanet:
You are on your own
He said the absolute truth.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by mmsen: 9:46am On May 13, 2020
malcom1X:

What's wrong with having 5 to 6 kids? Just asking.

It takes a lot of time, patience, emotional intelligence and material resources to raise one child, not to speak of five. Typically, people who think that it is normal to have 5 children lack most, if not all, of those traits.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Liposure: 9:48am On May 13, 2020
Larcardii:
I pity d woman dat will marry this one
cut him some slack

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Liposure: 9:51am On May 13, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Can u count atleast hundred couples in ur immediate environ (ur family inclusive) that love each other purely?
help me askam

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by bluefilm: 9:51am On May 13, 2020
Sinator Utazi bu oke akpa amu.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by babajero(m): 9:53am On May 13, 2020
Jmk9292:
People marry for different reasons... Utazi speaks for himself
Which other main reason can a man marry, apart from starting up a family?

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by kalufelix(m): 9:56am On May 13, 2020
Psoul:

So you can marry a woman u don't love so long as she will be able to bear children for u?
From the medieval times marriage has always been an economic partnership... What if the one you love is HIV + ... You no go jakpa??

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Poorboy41: 9:56am On May 13, 2020
But what is the reason for marriage? If not children?
Love died long time ago

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Kaamisha: 9:59am On May 13, 2020
He has made an important point, far more important than what is discussed here but people will not pay attention to what is important but to what makes them emotional.

This is what should be highlighted:

“In the developed world, particulars of a child’s blood group is given at birth. A test is done to show the blood group, the genotype before leaving. In the birth certificate of the child, all those things are put in place. We should not be waiting for when people want to go and marry, that is when they will start checking their genotype and their blood group, it shouldn’t be.”

As for his statement that Africans marry to have children. Isn't it true? Why are you people so upset? How many spouses stand by their wives/husbands when one of them can't have kids? How many Nigerian couples accept not to have kids or opt for adoption?

6 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Kaamisha: 10:01am On May 13, 2020
GeeJack:

Well the earth is over-populated already and death rate is reducing. Everyother part of the world have accepted this, now reducing their birth rate, creating awareness for birth control, abortion is widely practiced now and some men in the west even willfully segregate themselves. Africa and middle east are the only exception, it's even worst in Africa Nigeria esp, our population will grow twice the size by 2035, it's going to be horrible, more crimes will be commited and there would be a massive fall in economy, poverty will be wide spread.
I myself don't plan on bringing any kids to this horrible world and I don't think anyone else should but like if you really want a kid 1 shoukd be enough, for the sake of our planet and it's future inhabitants.

Your wisdom will fall on deaf ears.

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by hammerP: 10:01am On May 13, 2020
Poorboy41:
But what is the reason for marriage? If not children?
Love died long time ago

Emotions are unreliable and can change anytime.

We fall in and out of love all the time.

Truth be told, we are mortal and will die.

Women after 40 enter menopause and conceiving is almost impossible, if not impossible.

So we get married to create continuity even after we are dead, a part of us still lives in the place of our offspring.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by GodPunishBiafra: 10:02am On May 13, 2020
hammerP:
Marriage is for children.

That is correct.
In your own world and you're so fûcking on your own.

Your opinion:

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by hammerP: 10:06am On May 13, 2020
[s]
GodPunishBiafra:

In your own world and you're so fûcking on your own.

Your opinion:
[/s]

Never on my own, as of now, 102 Likes 6 Shares

Take your dusty gay ass off my mention.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by mechanics(m): 10:08am On May 13, 2020
sunnyanet:
You are on your own
Don't mind him.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by prettysassygirl(f): 10:09am On May 13, 2020
He is speaking for himself alone.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by kalufelix(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2020
Larcardii:
.marriage is not only for kids okpo...anybody can have kids
Not everyone is comfortable with the shameless 'babymama' 'babydaddy' approach... Even though people of high social class has made it to seem like a norm...it's not... Some want to be legit.. It also gives you full right to your children in some cultures... No need for the "okpo" insult...

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by GodPunishBiafra: 10:10am On May 13, 2020
hammerP:
[s][/s]

Never on my own, as of now, 102 Likes 6 Shares

Take your dusty gay ass off my mention.
Lol!
Of course the internet is filled with many stupîd people...

You can take those likes and shares to national assembly for your share of Ghana must go.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by hammerP: 10:14am On May 13, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:

Lol!
Of course the internet is filled with many stupîd people...

You can take those likes and shares to national assembly for your share of Ghana must go.

Stay off my mention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Is Always Running / Confronting The Mistress / Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.