Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love (29440 Views)

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? / High Court Judge Cries Out As DNA Test Reveals Three Children Not His / My Four Children Not Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by pfadom: 7:18am On May 13, 2020
Shame on you! You're talking from you experience with your wife. How does she feel despite being a sitting senator.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Temptee101(m): 7:22am On May 13, 2020
Useless man.

Look at what a grown up ass man and public figure said publicly.

Inferiority complex, timidity, fear and naivety have finished this man.

Worst mistake/senator to represent Enugu North.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Awoo88: 7:22am On May 13, 2020
affable4:
Bush man.
In Africa, we marry for children. That is why after few years of marriage and there is no child, the extended family start exerting pressure. Questions like "what is the problem"? "When are we coming to eat rice"? Each question is alluding to your inability as a married person to produce your kind.

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Doyou2019: 7:23am On May 13, 2020
mmsen:

Yes. The implication of what he is saying is that Africans have no room for love.

Forever in 'survival' mode.

Third world syndrome

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Benwallt(m): 7:23am On May 13, 2020
Naked truth. This is good summary.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by colestephan86: 7:25am On May 13, 2020
affable4:
Bush man.
Why is he a bush man?
Are you married?
Do u have kids?
Pls tell me why he is a bush man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by AdaoraNK(f): 7:25am On May 13, 2020
JeffreyD1:
Well the main reason for marriage is not to make babies

But in Africa nko? The senator was talking about Africa's reason.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by bukatyne(f): 7:26am On May 13, 2020
A Northern senator interrupted him?

The irony grin cheesy

I wonder the type of love a man married to more than a wife can profess to have.

And I include men with a wife and concubines.

5 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by elpochas: 7:29am On May 13, 2020
That was before,now in africa marraige is even losing its value.men and women are now becoming baby parents,due to stress in marraiges.

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:31am On May 13, 2020
SageMK:
Is he insinuating Africans are incapable of love?
Read what he said and understand his context..
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Seun360(m): 7:31am On May 13, 2020
Husmernsheriffs:
The Reality is we don't know how long this lockdown will take, the best thing to do is to seize the opportunity to learn alternative way to make money online.
As far as am concerned, YouTube has prove to be the most reliable way to earn money because its owned by Google company.

I am an experienced and certified YOUTUBE CHANNEL Owner and i am willing to teach anyone who is interested in learning how to Grow A YOUTUBE CHANNEL or make money from YOUTUBE CHANNEL

TAKE NOTE THAT THERE IS A LITTLE PRICE ATTACHED

Kindly call or whatsapp me via
[0811 755–73–67]

Ok, I will contact you to know what's it entails.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:33am On May 13, 2020
JeffreyD1:
Well the main reason for marriage is not to make babies

What is the main reason in Africa?
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Johnchyz(m): 7:33am On May 13, 2020
If u like fvciking .people will teh u to go and marry.can u image?

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Cammo: 7:33am On May 13, 2020
He said nothing but the truth.

If you marry as a rich man and die, your wife would claim your property and get herself another man.

If you marry as a poor man and die, your wife would run into another man's house.

Either way, everything about you is forgotten; the only legacy you may leave behind is your children.

Love is a sham, especially in Africa.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by ekenetheorg(m): 7:47am On May 13, 2020
He made a very valid point. The media might use the headline to cause confusion though. Everyone should know his or her blood group from birth. And if you claim you don't marry for children, if you meet someone whose blood group and rhesus factor doesn't go with your own and you are deeply in love, please go ahead and get married but before that, do a vasectomy. Both of you. And if in the later stage you need children, there are too many children in orphanage homes that needs to be adopted

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by DeRay98(m): 7:48am On May 13, 2020
ephraim18:
He speak the truth... Typical African man

African woman nko? You're not aware that mothers are the ones who pressure their daughters the most to get married and bear grand children for her carry on her laps?
Fathers are the ones who pressure their daughters to get married asap
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by DeRay98(m): 7:51am On May 13, 2020
bukatyne:
A Northern senator interrupted him?

The irony grin cheesy

I wonder the type of love a man married to more than a wife can profess to have.

And I include men with a wife and concubines.
you know the northerners like to pretend alot, they 'll tell you it's the prophet's instruction...
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by CreekCommando: 7:51am On May 13, 2020
Sam Egwu and Chukwuka Utazi are very very backward dunces representing their respective senatorial districts. I pity those districts. These backbenchers can never show up on anything affecting Igbo or even their zones, but only to appear and be talking of sickle cell anaemia, maybe, they are AS and foolishly married AS and now have 3 or 4 sickle cell kids.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by OKTolu: 7:51am On May 13, 2020
You have your own reason why you marry,I have mine

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by alphaRego01(m): 8:03am On May 13, 2020
Hahhaahahah.for some families, de love husband and wife are supposed to show on themselves, they direct all they energy on the children ,unknowingly making things difficult for the children

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by adikwuandy: 8:07am On May 13, 2020
The senator is actually saying the truth.

Child bearing is not the main purpose of marriage though, you can still have children without marrying.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Terver90: 8:08am On May 13, 2020
Somewhere in Nigeria, birthday control is a zero to the people, but a very big boast to number of wives and when talking of children if you can't boast of 20, you have not arrived. I don't want to be amongst those causing division in Nigeria so I am trying very hard to be careful in picking my words. I believe and hope that someday good will come to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by zcee: 8:31am On May 13, 2020
EVILFOREST:

What about INDIA and CHINA
CHINA has similar Land Mass with the US and Canada...
CHINA is 1.5 Billion.
INDIA is 1.3 Billion
US is 310 million.
CANADA is 36 million.

Meanwhile these COUNTRIES are 10 Times bigger than Nigeria.
..... and NIGERIA is 200 Fucking Million.
We are Finished. .... Situation can only get worse
one black head African/Nigerian can't rule a country like Nigeria with such population..

In as much I do not support the breaking up of Nigeria, I think that will be the best option let everyone manage their own prob..

We are too large to be ruled by one black African person except the Britain will come back and take over from us..

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Psoul(m): 8:33am On May 13, 2020
FlordFlorez:
He's very correct

So you can marry a woman u don't love so long as she will be able to bear children for u?
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by baiaon(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2020
There is nothing like "love" in any marriage in the world."Love" is a term created by advertisers to sell wedding dresses and rings and romance books and movies.
Getting married is strictly a political and business decision/arrangement.No emotions should be involved

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Farki: 8:46am On May 13, 2020
mmsen:

Even worse none of those countries has a population that has doubled in 30 years like Nigeria. And even now Nigerian women refuse to embrace family planning.

Because of religion and upbringing, making learning about sex education taboo and culture of having as many kids as possible.

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by solostar1: 8:56am On May 13, 2020
Psoul:

So you can marry a woman u don't love so long as she will be able to bear children for u?
will you marry that person you love is both of you are of the genotype AS.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by EmmyKrim(m): 8:59am On May 13, 2020
adikwuandy:
The senator is actually saying the truth.

Child bearing is not the main purpose of marriage though, you can still have children without marrying.
please you have ended up confusing us.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by solostar1: 8:59am On May 13, 2020
CreekCommando:
Sam Egwu and Chukwuka Utazi are very very backward dunces representing their respective senatorial districts. I pity those districts. These backbenchers can never show up on anything affecting Igbo or even their zones, but only to appear and be talking of sickle cell anaemia, maybe, they are AS and foolishly married AS and now have 3 or 4 sickle cell kids.
Will you marry that person you love is both of you are of the genotype AS.
Try to read and comprehend before throwing tantrum about an issue you know nothing about.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Bambela(m): 9:01am On May 13, 2020
My Senator is absolutely correct. You will agree with him if you are married, more especially if the union is not bringing children.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by kalufelix(m): 9:02am On May 13, 2020
Don't know about Africa ... But in Nigeria.. He is 100% correct.. You all can continue with deceit and denial all you want... Another thing is the parents see the children as an extension of their property... Who marriage hepp??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Larcardii(f): 9:06am On May 13, 2020
hammerP:
Marriage is for children.

That is correct.
.marriage is not only for kids okpo...anybody can have kids

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby / Behaviors To Avoid While Waiting To Marry / To The Married; When Did You Know He/she Was The One For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.