Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love (29437 Views)

Can A Woman Love Her Husband And Not Love His Family? / High Court Judge Cries Out As DNA Test Reveals Three Children Not His / My Four Children Not Mine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by FlordFlorez(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2020
Psoul:

I never attacked your family. I don't know how ppl make haste to talk and also fail to keep track of their words.

You are angry cos ur family is mentioned. You fail to realize that my response was according to question u asked while quoting me.

You asked me if I can mention up to 100 ppl in my community that married out of love, my own FAMILY INCLUSIVE. Go back and check ur comment.

My response was, if you can ask this kind of question, it might be that u came from a broken home or a home devoid of parental love for you not to have experience love in a family. Now show me the insult in my response.

Let me still tell u. No person that comes from a family where his parents love themselves so much, will ask that kind of question u asked. Take it or leave it.

We are FINE in my family. I have nothing else to say to u.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Pearly255(f): 10:24pm On May 13, 2020
Damn true. I do wanna marry for love.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 13, 2020
this the internal excuse men give themselves to cheat and the excuse women give themselves to stay in a loveless, abusive marriage.
Backward people!

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Theoutsider: 11:52pm On May 13, 2020
Nigeria has a food supply problem.
A government problem.
An education problem.
Property problem.

So the answer is throwing children at it. grin

This country is doomed.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by opribo(m): 4:37am On May 14, 2020
abysirius:
It will be wrong to conclude this as the onle reason people get married. What about companionship?? ...especially in Ur old age. People marry for diverse reasons and maybe to some children might be considered as one of the major reasons..

In Africa where culture matters, the one and pnly cardinal reason for marriage is children everyother thing is ephemeral.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Psoul(m): 8:13am On May 14, 2020
FlordFlorez:
We are FINE in my family. I have nothing else to say to u.

Good, if you're fine in ur family, stop making comments that will contradict you, your family and others.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by babajero(m): 8:17am On May 14, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Companionship? someone to talk to at home, share intimate gist, share life experiences on daily basis, eat with, go out with etc?
Then what else is family?
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by babajero(m): 8:20am On May 14, 2020
Ausrichie:

So you prefer to give birth to children and live in misery all your life than to marry who you love adopt children and have at least a mixture of happiness and misery in your life.
My question to you, please answer with sincerity. Can you adopt a child knowing fully well you are able to father one?
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 9:58am On May 14, 2020
babajero:
My question to you, please answer with sincerity. Can you adopt a child knowing fully well you are able to father one?
Yes, of course what is wrong? That is what I am planning on doing self.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by mmsen: 10:21am On May 14, 2020
Farki:

Because of religion and upbringing, making learning about sex education taboo and culture of having as many kids as possible.

A society that makes information a taboo is a doomed society.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by babajero(m): 11:17am On May 14, 2020
Ausrichie:

Yes, of course what is wrong? That is what I am planning on doing self.
Then you are impotent.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Beolly(m): 12:21am On May 15, 2020
mmsen:

Which Asia?

Asians aren't having 5/6 children anymore. Only Africans are foolish enough to do such in the age of contraceptives.

Stupid people.

Bros it's so alarming and asides people complaining about Buhari, I think we also need to focus our attention at alarming rate at which people give birth in this country particularly the poor who have next to nothing having as much as 4-5 children

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by delawal: 11:55am On May 16, 2020
Beolly:

Bros it's so alarming and asides people complaining about Buhari, I think we also need to focus our attention at alarming rate at which people give birth in this country particularly the poor who have next to nothing having as much as 4-5 children
this corona time,is showing alot of such people shege. even to,eat na wahala
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Beolly(m): 10:18am On May 21, 2020
GeeJack:

Well the earth is over-populated already and death rate is reducing. Everyother part of the world have accepted this, now reducing their birth rate, creating awareness for birth control, abortion is widely practiced and some men in the west get vasectomy on them selves. Africa and middle east are the only exception, it's worst in Africa, Nigeria esp, our population will grow twice the size by 2035, it's going to be horrible, more crimes will be commited and there would be a massive fall in economy, poverty will be wide spread.
I myself don't plan on bringing any kids to this horrible world and I don't think anyone else should but like if you really want a kid, ONE should be enough, for the sake of our planet and it's future inhabitants.

My Gee two fingers in the air for you. I have said some of the things you wrote up there to different people here but no one cares to listen. Nigeria will never adopt such an approach even the young ones won't. How will a poor man who earns next to nothing expect to live a reasonable and fulfilled life when he has 6 kids to cater for. I feel the government needs to take a stand it will be hard for any government to achieve any reasonable development if our population continues to rise.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Beolly(m): 10:28am On May 21, 2020
bluefilm:

Na dust and akamu full your head.

Nothing like brain at all...
Have we fared any better under the series of looters who have ruled us? The whites have compassion for one another not so with a black man
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Beolly(m): 10:38am On May 21, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Companionship? someone to talk to at home, share intimate gist, share life experiences on daily basis, eat with, go out with etc?
That's applicable to some men not all men. At my age I still enjoy my single life and won't want to bring anyone to disturb my peace in the name of marriage, I keep to myself a lot and I cherish it and won't want any 'intruder'. Maybe when I desire I should have kids I would.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 21, 2020
Beolly:

My Gee two fingers in the air for you. I have said some of the things you wrote up there to different people here but no one cares to listen. Nigeria will never adopt such an approach even the young ones won't. How will a poor man who earns next to nothing expect to live a reasonable and fulfilled life when he has 6 kids to cater for. I feel the government needs to take a stand it will be hard for any government to achieve any reasonable development if our population continues to rise.
Bruh. Whenever I tell people this they laugh and reply with the " I'll have as much kids as I want" , " the bible says be friutful and multiply", "Who will continue your lineage" . I swear to god it annoys the shit out of me, these people have no idea what they are doing. More than half our population are illitrates and irresponsible, they have poor parenting skills but they act as if they are doing the world a favour by bringing kids… I'm only glad I wont have any offspring to suffer all of the damage that will be caused.
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Beolly(m): 10:46pm On May 21, 2020
GeeJack:

Bruh. Whenever I tell people this they laugh and reply with the " I'll have as much kids as I want" , " the bible says be friutful and multiply", "Who will continue your lineage" . I swear to god it annoys the shit out of me, these people have no idea what they are doing. More than half our population are illitrates and irresponsible, they have poor parenting skills but they act as if they are doing the world a favour by bringing kids… I'm only glad I wont have any offspring to suffer all of the damage that will be caused.
But as regards getting married you might change your mind as time goes on maybe you will just settle for a kid
Re: Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 21, 2020
Beolly:

But as regards getting married you might change your mind as time goes on maybe you will just settle for a kid
Nahh, not doing either… I might consider adoption maybe when I'm like 40

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Is Always Running / Confronting The Mistress / Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.