Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,883 members, 7,848,571 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:26 AM

Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers (28504 Views)

Court Restrains Ayu From Acting As PDP National Chairman / Stop Acting As Wike’s Aide, APC Tells Makinde / 2023 Presidency: Why Atiku, Wike Should Support South-East — Nwodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Nobody: 7:51am On May 13, 2020
Sonoyom:
Wike is the chairman Rivers State Covid 19 committee and if Sagay calls him the President of Rivers State it's ok because the President of the Federal Republic is missing in action.
Gbam since the head of state is a vegetable, let the active ones take action.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by tochievol: 7:54am On May 13, 2020
Wike is the real metal..the real Odumeje if you know the meaning in Igbo. The man is good

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by wink2015(m): 7:56am On May 13, 2020
Why is a greater number of Nigerians condemning governor Wike?

Some months back, former Niger delta militant, Asari Dokubo has this to say about governor Wike lack of respect of traditional institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK0fztGrnko

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Angelfrost(m): 7:58am On May 13, 2020
"Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC)"

What the fvck does the above even mean??! undecided

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by nairavsdollars(f): 7:59am On May 13, 2020
Lies. Audio Gra gra. Remember in 2018 when Wike was doing gra gra that Tambuwal will be PDP presidential candidate. Atiku who left APC came and snatch the ticket in Wike's territory, PH. Yeye Odumeje

tochievol:
Wike is the real metal..the real Odumeje if you know the meaning in Igbo. The man is good
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Salako01(m): 7:59am On May 13, 2020
It never good to go overboard but what Wike is doing is what the lawless nature of Nigerians has occasioned. People see the right thing to do but just do the exact opposite. So, an iron fist sometimes, is needed to help everyone fall in line. If the institutions eg police etc worked well without their greed to jeopardize our collective health by collecting bribes then U won't see governors going to the borders to man it themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by uthlaw: 8:00am On May 13, 2020
Incoming Biafra president!
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by kenduline(m): 8:01am On May 13, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
Rivers state is a federating unit, and should be allowed to protect its citizens. Wike is in order.

Picture: beautiful PORT HARCOURT city with well paved roads.
Oga focus on the topic nor dey derail like person wey nor get future,I have been observing you lately, every states has its beautiful and poor environment,I have been to portharcourt bro stop all this childish act it won't lead you anywhere.PortHarcourt is beautiful go kill yourself..even ur almighty Dubai has its own ugly side ...F***k you

4 Likes

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by ChelseaDr(m): 8:02am On May 13, 2020
The security and welfare (including health) of a people is the primary responsibility of any sane government

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by ajbf: 8:02am On May 13, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
Rivers state is a federating unit, and should be allowed to protect its citizens. Wike is in order.

You are looking for problem with some people. Of all the areas in Port Harcourt, is this area with brown roofing houses you were able to snap? Did not you see beautiful estates to snap? grin grin
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by friday2011(m): 8:07am On May 13, 2020
Boydehot:
I see no sense in what this gay (sagay) is saying

Exactly, he was just talking from both sides of his mouth...

He is faulting wike for his strict measures and supporting sanwo olu to go in that direction.

The one wey dey annoy me na when he said sanwo olu should give 48hrs to allow lagosians restock.

'It shouldnt be lagosians but the rich people'.

How many lagosians can actually restock if sanwo olu enforce total lockdown again at this trying time.

Anyway I dont blame him, he belongs to the ruling class, yoruba pple will say "enu e ti je dodo, enu e ole so ododo mo"

Which means he has dine with the bad people and he cant tell the bad people the truth again.

I just hope nigerians are wise now, we just need participate more in politics to make the system work, things are really messy and unfortunately it has become a normal.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Sonoyom(m): 8:08am On May 13, 2020
Ausrichie:

Gbam since the head of state is a vegetable, let the active ones take action.
Alot of Governors have been at the fore in the fight against COVID 19, but our president is releasing recorded video.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by PortHarcourt1st: 8:08am On May 13, 2020
kenduline:

Oga focus on the topic nor dey derail like person wey nor get future,I have been observing you lately, every states has its beautiful and poor environment,I have been to portharcourt bro stop all this childish act it won't lead you anywhere.PortHarcourt is beautiful go kill yourself..even ur almighty Dubai has its own ugly side ...F***k you

As a Rivers boy, I know PORT HARCOURT is a beautiful city. Look at our well paved roads. Do you have such good roads in your state?

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Boydehot: 8:10am On May 13, 2020
jericco1:

Because you don't have sense undecided

If sagay think that it is only the federal government has the power to take action as it please them.
Then i have more sense than you.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by PortHarcourt1st: 8:11am On May 13, 2020
ajbf:

You are looking for problem with some people. Of all the areas in Port Harcourt, is this area with brown roofing houses you were able to snap? Did not you see beautiful estates to snap? ;

I don't understand your point. Isn't this beautiful? PORT HARCOURT is a very beautiful city with well paved roads as shown here

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Boydehot: 8:13am On May 13, 2020
friday2011:

Exactly, he was just talking from both sides of his mouth...

He is faulting wike for his strict measures and supporting sanwo olu to go on that direction.

The one wey dey annoy me na when he said sanwo olu should give 48hrs to allow lagosians restock.

'It shouldnt be lagosians but the rich people'.

How many lagosians can actually restock if sanwo olu enforce total lockdown again at this trying time.

Anyway I dont blame him, he belongs to the ruling class, yoruba pple will say "enu e ti je dodo, enu e ole so ododo mo"

Which means he has dine with the bad people and he cant tell the bad people the truth again.

I just hope nigerians are wise now, we just need participate more in politics to make the system work, things are really messy and unfortunately it has become a normal.

He thinks that it is only the federal government that has the power to do as it please them.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:15am On May 13, 2020
" On this matter, when the federal government actually makes a pronouncement, no state authority can contravene it. It is when the federal government doesn’t say anything or give any directive that the state is free to give its directive. You all can see the way Lagos state responded. The federal government gave the directive on lockdown and there was no resistance because the state government knows that the federal government has overriding authority both under the Quarantine Act of 1926.
States can operate, provided they don’t clash with the federal government. When the federal government gives a directive along that issue, states can no longer do that because it is a constitutional matter. So, the way Wike has been carrying on is as if there is a republic of Rivers state of which he is the President. He has done it so far and gotten away with it because the federal government is very accommodating. We have a President who is very gentle, who doesn’t want to make trouble with anybody but wants things to go on peacefully in the country"..

I hope those supporting governor wike rascality sees this...
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by wax101: 8:16am On May 13, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

You don't live in Port Harcourt city Oga. You live in Diobu which is a slum & where poor & "below average" people live.
Go & live in places like Old Gra, new Gra, stadium road, ODILI road, cocaine village etc then snap pictures and post on Nairaland. Mumu Oshi!

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by LCling: 8:18am On May 13, 2020
Very stupid.very stupid heading. Wike is the president federal republic of rivers by law na.once its not Nigeria. Rivers is a federating unit na, just imagine the quality of people in this FG
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by babajero(m): 8:18am On May 13, 2020
This man sounds really empty.
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by wax101: 8:28am On May 13, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
" On this matter, when the federal government actually makes a pronouncement, no state authority can contravene it. It is when the federal government doesn’t say anything or give any directive that the state is free to give its directive. You all can see the way Lagos state responded. The federal government gave the directive on lockdown and there was no resistance because the state government knows that the federal government has overriding authority both under the Quarantine Act of 1926.
States can operate, provided they don’t clash with the federal government. When the federal government gives a directive along that issue, states can no longer do that because it is a constitutional matter. So, the way Wike has been carrying on is as if there is a republic of Rivers state of which he is the President. He has done it so far and gotten away with it because the federal government is very accommodating. We have a President who is very gentle, who doesn’t want to make trouble with anybody but wants things to go on peacefully in the country"..

I hope those supporting governor wike rascality sees this...

Oga I totally detest the way Wike is handling Rivers state. It is totally undemocratic but you are wrong when you said it's because buhari's led FG is gentle and accommodating.
It is because Wike now understands that buhari is a weakling & does not even know his left from his right.
During OBJ's regime, no governor could try such because such governor would be impeached. Obj impeached Fayose, Alamaiseya, ngige & some other sitting governors who challenged him because he was totally in control. But Buhari is lifeless that's why some governors are taking laws into their hands.
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by MotiveU(f): 8:29am On May 13, 2020
Must this guy talk...
Who is going to interview him sef because I don't understand his relevance on the matters he calls himself into or he his been interview for.
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by PortHarcourt1st: 8:30am On May 13, 2020
wax101:

You don't live in Port Harcourt city Oga. You live in Diobu which is a slum & where poor & "below average" people live.
Go & live in places like Old Gra, new Gra, stadium road, ODILI road, cocaine village etc then snap pictures and post on Nairaland. Mumu Oshi!

Ok.i will prove to you that Gra, Stadium road, etc, are not different from what I posted earlier. See PORT HARCOURT TOWNSHIP in PORT HARCOURT local government. This place is less than half a kilometre to the government house

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by nairavsdollars(f): 8:30am On May 13, 2020
I agree with you. Thar is the point professor Saga is making

wax101:

Oga I totally detest the way Wike is handling Rivers state. It is totally undemocratic but you are wrong when you said it's because buhari's led FG is gentle and accommodating.
It is because Wike now understands that buhari is a weakling & does not even know his left from his right.
During OBJ's regime, no governor could try such because such governor would be impeached. Obj impeached Fayose, Alamaiseya, ngige & some other sitting governors who challenged him because he was totally in control. But Buhari is lifeless that's why some governors are taking laws into their hands.
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Cantonese: 8:30am On May 13, 2020
Baba Sagay praised Sanwoolu for following the steps of the FGN and disagreed with Wike and Bello on the one hand. On the other hand, in the same interview he accused Sanwoolu of not being proactive enough with the lockdown in Lagos.

I hope the man is not confused and is part of those obsssessed with Wike.

I have repeatedly asked if the people of Eleme have come out to protest against Wike. Have we heard any noise from other areas of Rivers state against him? There is calmness and orderliness in Rivers state. People have better understanding of what they are expected to do to protect themselves, their loved ones and others now in Rivers state?

I want to ask if the same level of kidnapping, robbery, electoral violence and other forms of crimes in Rivers state are perpetrated in Lagos state, will Baba Sagay be talking about the rule of law? At a point we were told that kidnapping started in Rivers state and then spread into other states. The kind of electoral violence experienced at each election in Rivers state is better seen than imagined. If Baba Sagay is made the governor of Rivers state, will he be shouting to the high heavens about the rule of law?

Rivers state needs a very tough governor like Wike or El Rufai to maintain some level of sanity.

From this interview baba Sagay has showed to us that the lockdown order in Lagos failed because there was no enforcement. Again Sanwoolu cannot be forceful because of politics too. He will always remember what played out with Ambode. Yesterday only he threatened another lockdown. Even if a new lockdown order is given, will the people comply? Lagos is the epicenter of covid 19 and needs strong measures to make the state safer.

Baba Sagay should praise Wike for doing well to manage the kind of people leads in Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by Kachi11061998(m): 8:30am On May 13, 2020
Wike is far better than d lifeless President of Nigeria who value d life of a cow more than human beign. Wike has d right to protect d people that elected him to be their number 1 in d state.

Is it not d same NCDC that quarentine d so called chinese ppl that came to naija for 14 day? Why are they refusing to quarantine them self after coming frm a high risk state . They are taking this covid 19 to look as if its a federal allocation whereby al d state wil hv it.

Finally , this con3 needs a revolution. Fg hv failed. It is time to protect ur self . They said there is inter state lockdown bt they are sending almarjiri down to south. Evil govt.

May GOD Give WIKE More strenght to lead his ppl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by tradebot: 8:30am On May 13, 2020
But he is the president of Rivers.
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by wax101: 8:35am On May 13, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

Ok.i will prove to you that PORT HARCOURT is not different from what I posted earlier. See PORT HARCOURT TOWNSHIP in PORT HARCOURT local government. This place is less than half a kilometre to the government house

This is mile 2/Elechi in Diobu slum of Rivers state which is very far from Government house. You are very poor and living in a Dirty slum. It's just like me snapping pictures in Ajegunle slum and claiming it is Lagos city.
WHO CAUSED YOU WITH POVERTY?

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:35am On May 13, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

As a Rivers boy, I know PORT HARCOURT is a beautiful city. Look at our well paved roads. Do you have such good roads in your state?

Cape Town is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Does not mean they do not have poor areas. Compare the first two and last two pictures. Will someone staying in the second area claim Cape Town is ugly?

Your mission is well noted but can not discredit the beauty of Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by 24SEVEN: 8:39am On May 13, 2020
PortHarcourt1st... Good Morning.. How far na..grin grin. Should we start our normal drama on NL?.. Or Should I give you small time to login your other monikers? grin
Re: Sagay: Wike Should Stop Acting As President, Federal Republic Of Rivers by PortHarcourt1st: 8:42am On May 13, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Cape Town is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Does not mean they do not have poor areas. Compare the first two and last two pictures. Will someone staying in the second area claim Cape Town is ugly? Your mission is well noted but can not discredit the beauty of Port Harcourt.

I am still confused about you guys. Are you saying that this picture show PORT HARCOURT city isn't beautiful?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Of Daura Gave Guinean President The Same Title As Buhari's Son In 2019 / Osun Tribunal: I Didn’t Forge Certificate, School Made Mistake – Adeleke / Senator Dino Melaye Uncovers $137m Fraud In NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.