Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Unmarried Women - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unmarried Women (9377 Views)

How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Why are some unmarried women so hateful and lack pity ? / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unmarried Women by Mariangeles(f): 4:09pm On May 16, 2020
Prymestrr:

Lol... Maria ike ki gwuru biko. Oya gwam ebe ibi kam bia kporo gi ga oriri na nkwari grin

I ma ihe g'eme ni? I ga gwam ebe ibi, ka'm were ugbo elum bia kporo gi, ka-anyi ga ebe obula ichoro
cool
Re: Unmarried Women by Prymestrr(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2020
Mariangeles:

I ma ihe g'eme ni? I ga gwam ebe ibi, ka'm were ugbo elum bia kporo gi, ka-anyi ga ebe obula ichoro
cool
Lol... Iche n'adirom serious eh kwa. Oya enyem ekwe nti gi k'anyi koria. First of all ka mu dikwa sure n'imara mma nwanyi grin
Re: Unmarried Women by Jman06(m): 5:13pm On May 16, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

The average Nneka and Adetutu has been conformed by the society to believe that her worth and life purpose is tied to marriage.And without marriage she is nothing and cannot make it in life.

If you think outside the box and cage that the society has put you in you will be labelled and called all sorts of names for thinking differently.

The white or oyinbo society is quite different because they give room for new ideas and do not force you to conform due to the fact that they have evolved.They were once like us too.

Dambisa Moyo is an African woman from Zambia at 51, unmarried the last time I checked and doing well for herself.
Stop blaming the society for what you all love to do

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Women by jclassiq(m): 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
AeroplaneApple:
Most of the women you posted have kids and even a man. Nothing beats having a spouse. Women with spouse are more mentally balanced and make good decisions.

Unlike those that sleep alone and wake alone. There is a part in your life you can't replace with a pillow or a dog

The same applies to men.

I don't see the correlation in these points you raised. Mentally balanced? Good decisions? I just don't get it.

What makes single people mentally unbalanced pls? And why, do you think they make poor decisions?
Re: Unmarried Women by AeroplaneApple: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2023
jclassiq:

I don't see the correlation in these points you raised. Mentally balanced? Good decisions? I just don't get it.

What makes single people mentally unbalanced pls? And why, do you think they make poor decisions?

Perhaps you did not read my post
Re: Unmarried Women by Obierika(m): 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2023
I don't see the point in shaming women who are not married especially as it happens here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Women by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2023
Monishaa:
Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906)

She was dedicated to the abolition of slavery and workers' rights but marriage was not on her mind. She organized anti-slavery campaigns and fought for women's right to vote. In 1877 she said in a speech that as women gained more freedoms it would be harder for them to submit to the inequalities of marriage.
The future she spoke of is now becoming more and more of a reality. undecided
Re: Unmarried Women by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
Obierika:
I don't see the point in shaming women who are not married especially as it happens here in Nigeria
Na cultural brain damage dey cause that nonsense. undecided
Re: Unmarried Women by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
mrblessed:
But the truth remains that if Genevieve meets a "good" today, she wouldn't think twice before embracing the institution of marriage.
■ Why are we so obsessed with how the western world shapes their value, the way they live, to the detriment of our culture. Marriage, no matter the degree of unceasing campaign to make undesirable, is one of the highly respected institutions in Africa. The African society holds everyone accountable -- men and women -- and pressure to maintain a home is distributed, maybe not evenly, to both gender. We have great value for marriage in Africa, and the breakdown of the institution in the west is not something to be emulated.
How do you know this for a fact about her? Are you able to read her mind or something? undecided

2. If there exists this set of beings in the West, what makes you think that kind does not equally exist in your non-western culture? Why must all those who exist in your Africa be subjected to your cultural ideals even when it serve no clear benefit for them? Why is your idea of African culture all about getting everyone to conform to the same standards and norms you bend yourself to? undecided

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Women by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Sep 07, 2023
I think it's very admirable of her to have :
1) stood up against slavery during a time like that.
2) stood up against slavery as a woman during a time like that
3) Not bowed down to societal pressure
4) And fought for women's right

She was among the very first women to speak up. I can only imagine the threats she got everyday, the pressure to bow down to societal pressure etc. I mean this is still very much the case in 2020, just take a look at how some automatically assumed this is going to be another 'single women bashing' thread, therefore I can only (thankfully) imagine how the pressure must have been back then
Imagine what could happen in a Nigeria where women would stand up for equal treatment and rights for women, and other minority groups, in Nigeria just as this woman did in her own time. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If You Are Using AC With Prepared Meter What Is The Billing Like? / Things Every African Immigrant Can Relate To / My Wedding Is In A Week And I Have Pimples All Over My Face. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.