Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. (3969 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / Should I Expose Him To His Fiancee? / Should A Guy Kneel Down When Proposing Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by wisyno(m): 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2011
I saw this guy & his girlfriend sitting by a table beside me in a fast food joint on a cool evening. Didn't really give them much attention, until i notice the guy kneeling by the girl, presenting a ring & obviously asking her to marry him. I was not too surprise because i've seen such love scenes in movies, but seeing it live is just making me wonder if it really makes sense for a man to be in a begging position (kneeing down) before his girl, (who is supposed to love him) would agree to marry him. Some say it's romantic but i don't think so. For heaven's sake, girls even desire marriage more than the guys.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by aminalib(f): 10:51pm On Jan 17, 2011
im sure women have gotten on their knees for u before, so wats the issue, did u think they were silly?
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by deniyor: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2011
Yeah I agree with you. After putting all the effort and money into buying the ring  embarassed, and the relationship, I think she should be the one kneeling down to accept my proposal lol  lipsrsealed.

Best to do it lying down in bed tongue.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Orton10(m): 11:09pm On Jan 17, 2011
Lmfao, Wisyno bro, do you know how it feels to finally see one's lost rib?
Bro its like the feeling you get after a finding a needle in a haystack,lol, Then talk more of proposing to her,
As for me o, God knows i've been fooling arround wif the wrong women all my life,
But the moment I set ma eyes on  dat rib, dat 'wife material', huh, i don't mind  licking her feet or
even kissing lil' a** while proposing, regardless irrespective of the fact that the She loves me or
even wants to gat married by all means.lol
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by aminalib(f): 11:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
that's so sweet orton,
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by deniyor: 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2011
Orton1_0:

Bro its like the feeling you get after a finding a needle in a haystack,lol, Then talk more of proposing to her,
As for me o, God knows i've been fooling arround wif the wrong women all my life,
But the moment I set ma eyes on  dat rib, dat 'wife material', huh, i don't mind  licking her feet or
even kissing lil' a** while proposing, regardless irrespective of the fact that the She loves me or

Na wao. It must be really bad for you. Lick on!
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by ednutey(f): 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2011
Kini big deal
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Orton10(m): 12:49am On Jan 18, 2011
aminalib:

that's so sweet orton,
, grin wink, fanks babe.
deniyor:

Na wao. It must be really bad for you. Lick on!
Bad how?? shocked
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Phate07(m): 1:20am On Jan 18, 2011

Kneeling down, lying down, sitting down, flopping down, flapping down. Whats the difference? The important thing is that she accepts to nag you for eternity. undecided
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by LordReed(m): 3:07am On Jan 18, 2011
It's simple. Women are emotional creatures n dat acting of kneeling down throws em for a loop it registers in their brain differently from a man so the kneel aint ur trip but hers. It will not demean ur position but rather stengthen it.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Osama10(m): 3:58am On Jan 18, 2011
Phate07:

Kneeling down, lying down, sitting down, flopping down, flapping down. Whats the difference? The important thing is that she accepts to nag you for eternity. undecided

Wicked but true comment. grin
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by roymary: 3:59am On Jan 18, 2011
Brigands will demand your money or your life, but a woman will demand both. Go on your knees boys; its your life and your money.  lipsrsealed
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 18, 2011
wisyno:

I saw this guy & his girlfriend sitting by a table beside me in a fast food joint on a cool evening. Didn't really give them much attention, until i notice the guy kneeling by the girl, presenting a ring & obviously asking her to marry him. I was not too surprise because i've seen such love scenes in movies, but seeing it live is just making me wonder if it really makes sense for a man to be in a begging position (kneeing down) before his girl, (who is supposed to love him) would agree to marry him. Some say it's romantic but i don't think so. For heaven's sake, girls even desire marriage more than the guys.

Kini big deal?
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by wisyno(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
Marriage is like a business contract for life which shld be mutually beneficial for both partners. U don't win a business contract by begging for it, rather u earn it by showing that u are capable of delivering on ur end of the bargain. What women really want to see is ur ability as a 'man' in all sense of the word and not some undignifying, often confused as romantic way of proposing a life time union. Some guys do dat mainly becos they want to imitate wat they saw in a romantic film.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
Well I believe its elegant and traditional. I can't imagine a guy proposing to me and not kneeling down, God I will give him one strange look tongue
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by femmy323: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2011
dat is good to me, for where eyes don open reach now lady dat have good characters are very scare so there is no big deal deir so u too can do dat kind of love (love wan tin tin).
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by NET1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
nonsense! Tried it once when I wanted one correct chic to marry me. She said I was a WUSSY.

Since then, I NEVER EVER do that shit. If you'll marry me, I dont have to beg for it. It's a two-way thing. We are both in it - enjoy it together or suffer it together.

Guys, take note o. That kneeling down stuff does not please women. It even makes them dislike you sef.

.NET
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by omega25red(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
.NET:

nonsense! Tried it once when I wanted one correct chic to marry me. She said I was a WUSSY.

Since then, I NEVER EVER do that poo. If you'll marry me, I dont have to beg for it. It's a two-way thing. We are both in it - enjoy it together or suffer it together.
Guys, take note o. That kneeling down stuff does not please women. It even makes them dislike you sef.
.NET
The woman called you a wuss because you are a wuss and not because you got on one knee to propose.

Getting on one knee to propose is a western gesture which is from the idea of being a gentle man when you propose. Besides some Nigerian cultures do worse. Like when you go to a traditional yoruba marriage the husband and his friends postrate (lay on the floor face down) in front of the bride and her parents begging for permission to marry their daugther ( i have seen that with my eyes) Buying cases and cases of yams cloths cows and money for dowry all goes in that direction too. I mean i would rather get on one knee than to be a nally ra ped by buying all that stuff just because i want to get married
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by ShyOne(f): 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
Orton1_0:

Well - Today I Have Had the Pleasure of Reading from a "REAL MAN." I cannot bow to you - because my knees belong to "my man." But I can definitely remove my head-scarve and curtsey.

SAY IT LOUD Mr. Orton, SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

My 2 cents - as many times, in countless way, I will be on my knees for my man - the owner of his rib (me).

My heart will melt to see him on his knee [few times - because I don't want him down there much] during our different life-cycle events. (engagements, marriage, etc.)

To see him on his knee [those few times] - will make me gladly drop to my knees [all the time].

And a man that can't understand that or see its necessity in my regard - isn't the man for me.

Knee-dropping isn't about the "romance or the movies," it is about showing your significant other, your life partner that you definitely possess the "rare competency" to be willing to "give all" to the relationship. Giving your time, your pride, your self [being selfless] - walks your talk for you, as you no longer have to open your mouth - because your actions speak louder than your words.

If I am willing and will in deed - wash his feet with my hair (no weave), massage, kiss, lick, etc. his entire body; his dropping to his knee on rare and special occasions should be spontaneous and come from the heart. If it doesn't - he belongs to another and not me.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by MrsChima1(f): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
Girl, did you say lick his entire body? You go girl. wink Just stay away from the anus. That all Imma say.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by ShyOne(f): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ Chima

lololololol - what didn't you understand? lolololol

Sorry, but when I say the "entire body" - I mean the "entire body."  That's why dropping to his knee(s) - shouldn't be a problem but should be instantanteous.

capiche?

Hey how is your day today?
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by NET1(m): 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
omega25red:

The woman called you a wuss because you are a wuss and not because you got on one knee to propose.

Getting on one knee to propose is a western gesture which is from the idea of being a gentle man when you propose. Besides some Nigerian cultures do worse. Like when you go to a traditional yoruba marriage the husband and his friends postrate (lay on the floor face down) in front of the bride and her parents begging for permission to marry their daugther ( i have seen that with my eyes) Buying cases and cases of yams cloths cows and money for dowry all goes in that direction too. I mean i would rather get on one knee than to be a nally ra ped by buying all that stuff just because i want to get married

guy, come o, wait a minute! Have you met me before? Which one you dey attack me for all my posts? which one be ur own na? abeg, take another lane o. you no see me biko.

.NET
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Dsense(m): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
OP.
I 'm with you!. . . .Kneeling down while proposing to a lady means notthing romantic to me,And i don't think i can do it.
Also there are many magic and romantic ways i can use proposing to a lady.
But i'm not saying there is nothing wrong with doing it ,But i just can't!
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Orikinla(m): 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
Countless men have been doing so since Adam and Eve.

If you love and respect the future mother of your children, you should even do more to honour her.
[i]In fact, prostrate jo.[/i]
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Orton10(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2011
Shy-One:

Well - Today I Have Had the Pleasure of Reading from a "REAL MAN."  I cannot bow to you - because my knees belong to "my man."  But I can definitely remove my head-scarve and curtsey.

SAY IT LOUD Mr. Orton,  SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

My 2 cents - as many times, in countless way, I will be on my knees for my man - the owner of his rib (me).

My heart will melt to see him on his knee [few times - because I don't want him down there much] during our different life-cycle events. (engagements, marriage, etc.)

To see him on his knee [those few times] - will make me gladly drop to my knees [all the time].

And a man that can't understand that or see its necessity in my regard - isn't the man for me.

Knee-dropping isn't about the "romance or the movies," it is about showing your significant other, your life partner that you definitely possess the "rare competency"  to be willing to "give all" to the relationship.  Giving your time, your pride, your self [being selfless] - walks your talk for you, as you no longer have to open your mouth - because your actions speak louder than your words.

If I am willing and will in deed - wash his feet with my hair (no weave), massage, kiss, lick, etc. his entire body; his dropping to his knee on rare and special occasions should be spontaneous and come from the heart.  If it doesn't - he belongs to another and not me. 

Aww, thanks darling. grin grin kiss kiss

Mrs, Chima:

Girl, did you say lick his entire body?  You go girl.  wink  Just stay away f[b]rom the anus[/b].  That all Imma say.

Mrs Chima na dat one your eye go ever see. Bad woman. lol grin cheesy smiley angry angry
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Dsense(m): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
Orikinla:

Countless men have been doing so since Adam and Eve.

If you love and respect the future mother of your children, you should even do more to honour her.
[i]In fact, prostrate jo.[/i]
That's your problem! undecided
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by misanho: 8:08am On Jan 19, 2011
itz fair bro, u kneel first @ d beginning and she kneelz every other time after den, simple!
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by aminalib(f): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2011
smh
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by wisyno(m): 8:19am On Jan 19, 2011
@ rokiatu, saying u can't imagine a man proposing to u witout kneeling simply shows ur huge ego. Wat if he is ur dream man & he wouldn't do dat while giving u the ring? Would u deny the truth & reject his proposal for such a flimsy reason?
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by Onchedu(m): 10:31am On Jan 19, 2011
I doubt very strongly that I will be kneeling down to propose marriage to any woman. Not like I can't kneel, I just don't see the essence.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by MOBO444(f): 10:33am On Jan 19, 2011
@ Poster dont ever do it, dont kneel or even a kiss on the wedding day, tnhey dont deserve it,ok.
Re: A Man Down On His Kneels While Proposing Marriage To His Fiancee. by akin101: 12:39pm On Jan 19, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
it opens all doors

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Pros & Cons Of A Fling. / Girls And Their Fish Brain (they Always Love Backwards) / Backpage.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.