Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec (12073 Views)

Ministerial List: Those who Were Hopeful, But Have Been Disappointed! / NANS Tells Buhari: “You Have Disappointed Us In Your 100 Days In Office” / Prove Your Allegations Against Us, INEC Dares PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2011
victorazy:

Na waoo for our graduates nawa days
Do all graduates offer computer courses in school ?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Eyayomosko: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2011
how do you expect them to be able to operate it without difficulties when there was no proper training.too bad for INEC.to me,i think they disappointed us themselves
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by wesley80(m): 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
celemel:

Does he not know that every graduate of the Nigerian tertiary education system, who has managed to graduate even with a Pass class of degree must embark on the NYSC and that most of the corps members are not employable and cannot even spell their names at all?  Something is definitely wrong with our dear Professor!

And u think something isnt wrong with u?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Parnassuss(m): 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2011
H$LBroker:

Those graduates that can't operate a computer system, and inability to work with Microsoft office application programs are really disgrace to this country Nigeria, that is my view, because at this modern age, our graduates should be perfect in operating computer system and office application programs.

I stand to be corrected but that is my view.

Corrected, hmph, you merely stand very wrong!
Where in the school curriculum (primary to tertiary) does it provide computer training for students? The plain and simple fact is that VIRTUALLY all who have learned to operate a computer system in Naija today have done so through personal means. That aside, it should be considered that most corps members who applied for the INEC jobs are those who need the paltry N20,000 that they will be paid after 15 days of gruesome work. I am serving right now and I tell you that I almost paid people to ensure that my name did not come up for the task. It therefore stands to reason that those corps members are not the creme of student society that would most likely have been exposed to computer training, not by their making but default.
We cannot just come out and start blaming corps members without considering their formative societies. If Jega is disappointed in corps members for their incompetence then the entire Nigeria should go up against him for his! Simple.
That said, it should also be noted that INEC categorically asked each and every applicant how proficient he/she is with a computer, so c'est la vie i guess.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by OLADO(m): 3:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
Never will Govt and her parastatals accept a fault, always shifting the blame. Even When the Registration was manual, the printer and stationery suppliers were the ones to Blame.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by celemel(m): 4:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
@wesley80:
Don't attack me.  Rather, prove me wrong.  You have no idea whatsoever about the standard and quality of our education and the things we see everyday in the field.  You may not believe me.  Try and conduct interviews or call for handwritten applications for employment in your organization some day.  I guess, you would know better! You simply don't have any idea at all about my assertions above!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by wesley80(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What facts? The Actual facts or your imagined facts?

http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-now-the-fifth-largest-country-in-the-world-2009-4

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1382.snc4/163413_479288597199_9445547199_5658562_14158417_n.jpg

What has this useless links got 2 do with the erroneous facts u tabled abt internet penetration in the SW?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by ufumes(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2011
INEC should not shift their inadequacies to innocent corpers, the computers are inferior and they knew it.All they need to do is to work on it to improve.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
wesley80:

What has this useless links got 2 do with the erroneous facts u tabled abt internet penetration in the SW?

ROFLMAO!!!!

Now I need to read the graph for you as well? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by aikuda(m): 4:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
Behold, let the blame game continue!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by opabukun(m): 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
Are these nut d same system used by mobile network operators using even an O'level student (in my area)?
If MTN can deploy d young lady dat did my mtn reg. 4me, using same sets of system, y can't INEC deploy d Corps members wit adequate knowledge?
Shifting blame (transfer of aggression) is not d solution. if they decided not 2 take d corps members through training coz dey (INEC) want 2pocket d fund meant 4 training, dey should save us d brouhaha,
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Akuviv: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
IT ONLY SHOWS THAT INEC WAS NOT FAIR DURING THEIR RECRUITMENT PROCESS BUT ONLY ENGAGED 'RELATIVES, FRIENDS & LOVERS'  wink AS THEIR ELECTION OFFICERS. I wonder what would happen to our votes!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by wesley80(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
celemel:

@wesley80:
Don't attack me.  Rather, prove me wrong.  You have no idea whatsoever about the standard and quality of our education and the things we see everyday in the field.  You may not believe me.  Try and conduct interviews or call for handwritten applications for employment in your organization some day.  I guess, you would know better! You simply don't have any idea at all about my assertions above!

Actually I do. I'm One, I agree with that there r a lot of unworthy degree holders out there but no matter the amt, there's still no justification to lump all together and treat them all as one. Not even one.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by monkeyleg: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2011
Nigeria, what a funny country. When I was shouting about the obvious failures of INEC in the recently concluded Delta state election  re-run, some folks on here shouted me down.

At that time, I was raising the alarm that all doesnt seem well with INEC, Well according to Chief Zebrudaya "How You are".

Inec well done
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by nvo5(f): 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
opabukun:

Are these nut d same system used by mobile network operators using even an O'level student (in my area)?
If MTN can deploy d young lady dat did my mtn reg. 4me, using same sets of system, y can't INEC deploy d Corps members wit adequate knowledge?
Shifting blame (transfer of aggression) is not d solution. if they decided not 2 take d corps members through training coz dey (INEC) want 2pocket d fund meant 4 training, dey should save us d brouhaha,

thank you my brother.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Omolulu(m): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
Men education is really terrible in this country, no matter who we blame, the ultimate fault lies with the past leadership who have failed to provide a concrete foundation,

so una mean say on should not assume graduates of 2010 are computer literate?? choi!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by wesley80(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!!!

Now I need to read the graph for you as well? ROFLMAO!!

What has those maps and graphs got 2 do with internet penetration in the SW? and u're ROFLaughing your AO!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by violent(m): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
wesley80:

U're such a doofus. Now I see y they say u're a senile old woman. What has those maps and graphs got 2 do with internet penetration in the SW? and u're ROFLaughing your Dry AO!!!

that's rude and uncalled for!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2011
Akuviv:

IT ONLY SHOWS THAT INEC WAS NOT FAIR DURING THEIR RECRUITMENT PROCESS BUT ONLY ENGAGED 'RELATIVES, FRIENDS & LOVERS'  wink AS THEIR ELECTION OFFICERS. I wonder what would happen to our votes!
Exactly what a friend told is happening is kogi state where virtually all the ad-hoc staff are indigenes who are not necessarily corpers.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2011
aikuda:

Behold, let the blame game continue!

It is really sad that an INEC rep should try to shift the blame to our corpers when INEC has had so much time to prepare for this(They gave us the schedule).
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by wesley80(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
violent:

that's rude and uncalled for!
You want do like better person now. Na me u want take shine abi?
Ok I've taken it back (modified my post). She just has a penchant for getting on peoples nerves. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by akbtunes: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2011
we have a fundamental problem, it is deeply woven into the very fabric of our society! shame, on us all embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by vincent10(m): 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
I am a corper. After the training we realize the finger print scanners were faulty. These complain were made known to INEC officals but they told us it is national issue and we should use it like that and stop complaining. A case of Olusegun Obasanjo where it took 2hours for him to register with the presence of the state Residential Electoral Officer
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by lynxnoon(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
INEC = Bunch Of Fools!!! angry angry angry
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Kayraph(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2011
He also admitted that the upfront allowance the corps members were to be paid before the start of the exercise could not be paid due to tedious banking process, a development which also made the process of registration slow as many of them had nothing to eat during the exercise.

Why are you all ignoring the above remark? How do you expect someone to perform effectively on an empty stomach? A hungry man will be slower in his activities than a man with full belly. I believe that INEC is unfair in blaming these helpless corpers. Are the corpers responsible for the inability of OBJ and Mark to register?

We need REVOLUTION!!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by lynxnoon(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
vincent_09:

I am a corper. After the training we realize the finger print scanners were faulty. These complain were made known to INEC officals but they told us it is national issue and we should use it like that and stop complaining. A case of Olusegun Obasanjo where it took 2hours for him to register with the presence of the state Residential Electoral Officer
I think NYSC should demand for an official and nation-wide broadcast of apology from those idiots called INEC angry angry
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by favinvest: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2011
wahala dey!!!

employers are hearing this one;; hope to employ dis barge of NYSC members will not be very difficult ooo,

the corpers are saying its d machine fault,

my question is

when u knew that the machine where not operating well intially and INEC refuse to change them; why did u not  pull out of the campaign;; why?

just 4 d sake of few thousands of naira; ur future reputation / the certificate u suffer to get is not being questioned,

as for i knew INEC brought second-hand machine and pocketted the cash; but just looking 4 whom to pass d blame to.

POOR CORPERS ARE VICTIMS!!!!
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by wesley80(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
vincent_09:

Corper, dem say una no sabi anything, dem say all of una na Olodo's na true?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by otokx(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2011
INEC should take responsibility for all this rubbish. Where i went to the people were there alright but they said the laptop had not come so whose fault is it?
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by lynxnoon(m): 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2011
otokx:

INEC should take responsibility for all this rubbish. Where i went to the people were there alright but they said the laptop had not come so whose fault is it?
Blame the corper na. . . . . . . .for not making the laptop come on on time. . . lol grin grin
Useless INEC theives angry angry
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by Kilode1: 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
As the voters’ registration continued on its fumbling note into day three yesterday, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), attributed the inefficiency to low knowledge of the corps members who were deployed as registration officers. The Commission, while apologising to members of the public for the delay and general inadequacies attending the exercise across the federation, said “we are sorry but we will continue to improve.”

Featuring on a political programme, “Focus Nigeria”, the INEC National Commissioner in charge of Publicity, Prince Solomon Soyebi, lamented that the commission was not happy with the development but explained that the commission took it for granted that the corps members would know the basic operations of a computer, a belief, he said, turned out to be misplaced.

So the best Papa INEC can do is to throw his children under the bus? shocked

So that INEC top commissioner who failed to get OBJ registered na corper?

Shameful! SMH
Re: Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec by litaninja(m): 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2011
@INEC: how very touching! now its graduates that are to be blamed for not being able to work those slow CELERON , Chinese powered machines that you ordered. Before we even go far, how do you expect a graduate to properly work a computer if he doesnt have one to himself / herself? And those that can actually afford one, how many hours per day do they have the power supply to use them? Okay you trained them right? for what? 6 hours in 2 days and then administered a typical NIGERIAN theory exam to them? Do be ridiculous! I am currently serving, I am NOT a part of the AD-HOC staff simply because I can just visualize the whole thing from here. Poor corpers sitting in the sun, slow net-books and webcams with outdated drivers, and useless internet link.
Still on the matter, whatever happened to the allowance they were supposed to receive BEFORE the exercise commenced, even the encouragement from that would help boost a corper's interest in doing a good job as ad-hoc staff, INEC stop looking for CHEAP LABOUR after-all billions of naira were allocated to this exercise!
Abeg leave corpers out of the blame on this, yes, a lot of corpers are not computer literate and tech savvy but at least they could learn if given the proper tools,
OLODO INEC!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Vows To Stop Boko-Haram At All Cost / Wike In Charge Of Patience Jonathan’s Mom's Burial / Edo APC Governorship Primary: How Obaseki, Odubu, Airhiavere, Others Stand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.