Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First (20635 Views)

Africa: And The First Shall Become The Last, And The Last First. / Time For Bible Questions. Ask And It Shall Be Answered / "And Ye Shall Be Hated Of All Men For My Name's Sake" - Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Righteousness89(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2020

Matthew 21:28-31, Luke 18:9-14

These words were Repeated by JESUS CHRIST Himself.
Matthew 19:30, Matthew 20:16, Mark 10:31, Luke 13:30.

We should not be Carried away in our WORK for GOD to the Detriment of our WALK with GOD.

It is not Enough for you to Claim you Know GOD. The Question is does GOD know you?

You Might be a Pastor, Bishop, Leader,Evangelist, Prayer Warrior,worker etc in the Church

You Might attend all the Services, Vigils, Meetings, etc

You may Have been the one that Started the church In your House, Nation or Community

You May have been Saved Since 1970 or Whatever

All these are Good but the Ultimate is What is the Current state of your Personal Relationship with GOD?
Does The MASTER know you ?

One of my Earnest Prayer is " LORD, may I not be like the park boys in a bus park that loads a bus with people and do not go with the bus" in JESUS NAME.

1cor10:12 " Wherefore Let Him that thinketh he standeth take heed, lest he falls"

FACTORS THAT COULD MAKE A ONE A CASUALTY

1. Being a Hearer of The WORD and Not a Doer Romans 2:13, James1:22-25

2. Working For The LORD and Not Walking with The LORD Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 25:11-12

3. Having a Judgemental Spirit: you are quick to look at people even in the church and call them sinners . Or you see someone and due to the way he /she looks you castigate Him or her.

Just as what happened on this site few days ago. I. Saw a lady who came out to share her Challenges.Some of the Comments I saw here put tears in my eyes. Because someone made a Mistake in the past should not be a reason to crush her down. Once Repentance is made, JESUS Christ Forgives instantly.
Many who were busy insulting her may be shocked to see the lady in Heaven while they are still here. The First will be Last and the Last be First!

4. Living by your own Standard of Righteousness. Luke 6:46-49

5. Murmurings, Gossip, tale bearers in the Church: you claim to be a Believer but you engage in gossips and unnecessary talkings about that Brother or that sister! This One dress this way or that way! Our Sister should beware of this.

6. Familiarity With The WORD of GOD Or His Servant: Many Believers are guilty of this.

7. Hunger and Drive For Positions in the Church and not Having a Position with GOD ALMIGHTY, the Owner of the Church.

Only the Living has a Chance to Amend. Its an opportunity for us to check ourselves and ensure that we are Walking with GOD and not Just Working for GOD.

It's an opportunity for us to check and ensure our Personal Relationship with GOD is intact.

It is Better For one to leave The Work for GOD and Settle your Walk with GOD FIRST.

Pastor, Woman leader, Choir, Evangelist, Prayer Warrior, Youth Leader and all that are Titles. They do not Take anyone to Heaven.

Our Walk with GOD! Our Personal Relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY is the ultimate!

Let Him/ Her that Thinketh He Standeth, Take Heed, lest He falls.

The First Shall be the Last and The Last The First.

May GOD ALMIGHTY Help us to Make Amends where Neccessary in JESUS NAME

78 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Ugwueme1(m): 8:25am On May 24, 2020
honestly we need God grace and mercy in our lifes.what we have are just church gowers this days

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by KomonSense: 9:54am On May 24, 2020
Op...

It is very sad that Muslim Sallah celebration coincides with Christian's SUNDAY...

But mind how you preach on a Sallah day..

To avoid Jihad

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by jericco1(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2020
I really appreciate your sharing of this.. it is not easy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:55am On May 24, 2020
Let us explain as simple as we can.

What is the meaning of last shall be first and the first, last?

Bible Question:

Matthew 19:30 mean that Christians who are first in this life will be last in the kingdom and Christians who are last in this life will be first in the kingdom?

Bible Answer:

The phrase “first will be last and the last, first” can be found in four major passages of the Bible: Matthew 19:30; 20:16; Mark 10:31 and Luke 13:30. Both Matthew 19:30 and Mark 10:31 are about the same parable. There are only two different events in the Bible, let us quote one of them.

Parable of the Vineyard

The first time the phrase “first will be last and the last will be first” occurs in scripture is in Matthew 19:29-30.
It introduces a parable which begins and ends with this phrase. Jesus had just told the disciples that it was hard for a wealthy person to enter heaven (Matt. 19:23-26). The Jews believed that wealthy people could gain God’s favor and righteousness by giving money (alms).
This was a surprise to Peter. Here is Peter’s response.

Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?” Matthew 19:27

In essence Peter is asking,
“Then how can I get into heaven if even the wealthy cannot?”
Therefore, Jesus explains by using a parable about a vineyard owner who hires some laborers in the morning to work his vineyard.
Throughout the day he continues hiring others to work the vineyard.
Finally, Jesus repeats the statement “the first will be last and the last will be first” for emphasis.
At the end of the parable the phrase is actually reversed.

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last; and the last, first. Matthew 19:29-30 

Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?’ So the last shall be first, and the first last. Matthew 20:15-16 

In the context of the passage, the phrase “the first will be last and the last will be first” does not mean one person gains more honor than another.
It means that while a person may be first in this life with honor or wealth, that is not true in God’s kingdom. Salvation or eternal life is not earned by one’s status in this life.

From all of us @ [color=#006600][/color] : Have a beautiful sunday y'all!

KomonSense:
Op...
It is very sad that Muslim Sallah celebration coincides with Christian's SUNDAY...
To avoid Jihad
We believe it is only sad for you..
Why not shut up if you have nothing reasonable to type?
Religion bigot!

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Flexherbal(m): 9:55am On May 24, 2020
It is not Enough for you to Claim you Know GOD. The Question is does GOD know you?

A very good question.

3 Likes

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Nobody: 9:55am On May 24, 2020
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Surticifye: 9:55am On May 24, 2020
Good morning
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by virginboy1(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2020
Make Corona Virus do end. undecided

I don miss tithe giving sad

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by incogni2o: 9:56am On May 24, 2020
Remember
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by kaycyor: 9:56am On May 24, 2020
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

5 Likes

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by churchkilo(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2020
Ugwueme1:
honestly we need God grace and mercy in our lifes.what we have are just church gowers this days
yes oo , by strength can no man prevail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by vision2050: 9:57am On May 24, 2020
God grace is sufficient

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Tonysmith4sure(m): 9:58am On May 24, 2020
he who has ear, let him hear.

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by uncleFola(m): 9:58am On May 24, 2020
This is so deep..... and it’s sad that what we have in churches these days are are just people trying to be noticed by the congregation and then they forgot to create a place for God...... and the beautiful thing is that ,God looks at how pure your heart is to bless you, but Human commends you only by what they see u doing..... the question is that.... are you really really doing it for God or u just doing it to be applaud by mere mortals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Kizzygentle: 9:58am On May 24, 2020
H
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by floss(m): 9:58am On May 24, 2020
locust:
Hmm some people and space booking is just like 5 & 6 grin
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Radrusopsa: 9:58am On May 24, 2020
One
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by GodPunishBiafra: 9:58am On May 24, 2020
Stupîd and SENSELESS quote.

That's why more poor people think that they'll still become rich and rich people will still become poor.

2 Likes

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by AngelicDamsel(f): 9:59am On May 24, 2020
Summary of the write up.

We are saved by GRACE.

So many are against the gospel.
Many preach the gospel
So few do what the gospel says.

Pray for GRACE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by ManchesterUtd(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2020
post=89901591:
So says the word of God
comort fo here u ugly vulture meat seller

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Olatomz1(f): 9:59am On May 24, 2020
Space
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by ForeThinker: 9:59am On May 24, 2020
Kill the mindset that you’re not valuable just because others cannot see who you are & what you do. They do not see you because they are not aligned with you. Be grateful that God is showing you to not waste your time with convincing. Extend gratitude for those who do see the best in you.

3 Likes

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by point5: 10:00am On May 24, 2020
The meaning is deep..it’s deeper..
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by HighWITCH: 10:01am On May 24, 2020
Archaic Religious teachings that only sell HOPE without any substance. grin
Every religion has an expiry date, including yours. Go ask the Mayans, Egyptians, Greeks, or even the Aztecs.

11 Likes

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Adasun(m): 10:01am On May 24, 2020
Let God reign
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by GodPunishBiafra: 10:01am On May 24, 2020
KomonSense:
Op...

To avoid Jihad
Is this one ok
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Praylove: 10:01am On May 24, 2020
You're spot on.
However, I think unforgivingness and pride should also be included in the list.. Happy Sunday brothers and sisters in Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by friday23rd(m): 10:01am On May 24, 2020
TB jousha over to u
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Blackmoran(m): 10:01am On May 24, 2020
My problem in that saying, is how will someone who have live a life of sin commit so much atrocity, all of a sudden on his sick bed dying he remember to give is life to christ.. And he makes heaven.. Isn't that contradictory of what you sow you reap?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Staru1(m): 10:01am On May 24, 2020
Nice
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by TCRC: 10:02am On May 24, 2020
Glory Be To GOD

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.