Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First (20672 Views)

Africa: And The First Shall Become The Last, And The Last First. / Time For Bible Questions. Ask And It Shall Be Answered / "And Ye Shall Be Hated Of All Men For My Name's Sake" - Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Lamasta(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2020
For as many that believed in Him He gave them power to be called the sons of God....

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Oladipo1166(m): 11:11am On May 24, 2020
KomonSense:
Op...

It is very sad that Muslim Sallah celebration coincides with Christian's SUNDAY...

But mind how you preach on a Sallah day..

To avoid Jihad

It is very sad that you don't have your username.
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Cocolatti(m): 11:13am On May 24, 2020
quote author=Righteousness89 post=89898509]
Matthew 21:28-31, Luke 18:9-14

These words were Repeated by JESUS CHRIST Himself.
Matthew 19:30, Matthew 20:16, Mark 10:31, Luke 13:30.

We should not be Carried away in our WORK for GOD to the Detriment of our WALK with GOD.

It is not Enough for you to Claim you Know GOD. The Question is does GOD know you?

You Might be a Pastor, Bishop, Leader,Evangelist, Prayer Warrior,worker etc in the Church

You Might attend all the Services, Vigils, Meetings, etc

You may Have been the one that Started the church In your House, Nation or Community

You May have been Saved Since 1970 or Whatever

All these are Good but the Ultimate is What is the Current state of your Personal Relationship with GOD?
Does The MASTER know you ?

One of my Earnest Prayer is " LORD, may I not be like the park boys in a bus park that loads a bus with people and do not go with the bus" in JESUS NAME.

1cor10:12 " Wherefore Let Him that thinketh he standeth take heed, lest he falls"

FACTORS THAT COULD MAKE A ONE A CASUALTY

1. Being a Hearer of The WORD and Not a Doer Romans 2:13, James1:22-25

2. Working For The LORD and Not Walking with The LORD Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 25:11-12

3. Having a Judgemental Spirit: you are quick to look at people even in the church and call them sinners . Or you see someone and due to the way he /she looks you castigate Him or her.

Just as what happened on this site few days ago. I. Saw a lady who came out to share her Challenges.Some of the Comments I saw here put tears in my eyes. Because someone made a Mistake in the past should not be a reason to crush her down. Once Repentance is made, JESUS Christ Forgives instantly.
Many who were busy insulting her may be shocked to see the lady in Heaven while they are still here. The First will be Last and the Last be First!

4. Living by your own Standard of Righteousness. Luke 6:46-49

5. Murmurings, Gossip, tale bearers in the Church: you claim to be a Believer but you engage in gossips and unnecessary talkings about that Brother or that sister! This One dress this way or that way! Our Sister should beware of this.

6. Familiarity With The WORD of GOD Or His Servant: Many Believers are guilty of this.

7. Hunger and Drive For Positions in the Church and not Having a Position with GOD ALMIGHTY, the Owner of the Church.

Only the Living has a Chance to Amend. Its an opportunity for us to check ourselves and ensure that we are Walking with GOD and not Just Working for GOD.

It's an opportunity for us to check and ensure our Personal Relationship with GOD is intact.

It is Better For one to leave The Work for GOD and Settle your Walk with GOD FIRST.

Pastor, Woman leader, Choir, Evangelist, Prayer Warrior, Youth Leader and all that are Titles. They do not Take anyone to Heaven.

Our Walk with GOD! Our Personal Relationship with GOD ALMIGHTY is the ultimate!

Let Him/ Her that Thinketh He Standeth, Take Heed, lest He falls.

The First Shall be the Last and The Last The First.

May GOD ALMIGHTY Help us to Make Amends where Neccessary in JESUS NAME
[/quote]
God Bless You

2 Likes

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by bestijenkins94(m): 11:27am On May 24, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Stupîd and SENSELESS quote.

That's why more poor people think that they'll still become rich and rich people will still become poor.
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Iamtoowise: 11:28am On May 24, 2020
virginboy1:
Make Corona Virus do end. undecided

I don miss tithe giving sad
You can now pay online brokeboy
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Nobody: 11:30am On May 24, 2020
Blackmoran:
My problem in that saying, is how will someone who have live a life of sin commit so much atrocity, all of a sudden on his sick bed dying he remember to give is life to christ.. And he makes heaven.. Isn't that contradictory of what you sow you reap?
Roman 9:18, I have mercy on who I want to have mercy, Brother the only thing keeping us in this generation is the mercy of God, Brother thinking they are righteous is a lie and the same mercy that would take some us to paradise but be kingdom minded and do your best to make it

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by opportunities12(m): 11:36am On May 24, 2020
KomonSense:
Op...

It is very sad that Muslim Sallah celebration coincides with Christian's SUNDAY...

But mind how you preach on a Sallah day..

To avoid Jihad

You've actually proved that common sense is not common with your comment. I pray you'll have it before it's too late
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Jokerman(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2020
Amen

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Grandmeister(m): 11:57am On May 24, 2020
HighWITCH:

Is that all? grin grin
Death doesn't scare people like us...something you can never come to terms with.
It does...for what is the purpose of living without hope? Why do we hustle, marry, slave and toil for our daily bread without hope? Why do we care what others think and say if our life is already a hopeless life set in stone? Why do we even care about others if life has been pre-ordained to be hopeless from the beginning? Isn't suicide the best thing a man can do for himself and rid his life of this imperfect world? Why do we struggle to live on if we have no hope here and after here? Why do YOU still walk this earth when you know it's all vanity and hopeless in the end??
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by ttbaba(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2020
[center][/center]SEE WHO MOCKED GOD: John Lennon (Singer): Some years ago, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: 'Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that.. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times. Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ): During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before his inauguration as President and he died. Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: 'God, that's for you.' He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner. The man who built the Titanic After the construction of the Cruise Ship, Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can sink it' The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic Marilyn Monroe (Actress) She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'. A week later, she was found dead in her apartment Bon Scott (Singer) The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: 'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'. On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit. Campinas (IN 2005) In Campinas , Brazil, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend..... The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: 'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.' She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, 'Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' Hours later, news came that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died. The car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle. Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.... "J-E-S-U-S" PS: If it was a joke, you would have sent it to everyone. So, are you going to have the courage to send this?. I have done my part. Jesus said: 'If you are embarrassed about me, I will also been embarrassed about you before my father.' You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking this.. No way! I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T..D. Jakes '8 Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!! 'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.' Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME .....You will receive a miracle.[center]SEE WHO MOCKED GOD: John Lennon (Singer): Some years ago, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: 'Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that.. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times. Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ): During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before his inauguration as President and he died. Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: 'God, that's for you.' He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner. The man who built the Titanic After the construction of the Cruise Ship, Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can sink it' The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic Marilyn Monroe (Actress) She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'. A week later, she was found dead in her apartment Bon Scott (Singer) The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: 'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'. On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit. Campinas (IN 2005) In Campinas , Brazil, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend..... The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: 'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.' She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, 'Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' Hours later, news came that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died. The car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle. Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.... "J-E-S-U-S" PS: If it was a joke, you would have sent it to everyone. So, are you going to have the courage to send this?. I have done my part. Jesus said: 'If you are embarrassed about me, I will also been embarrassed about you before my father.' You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking this.. No way! I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T..D. Jakes '8 Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!! 'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.' Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME .....You will receive a miracle.[/center]SEE WHO MOCKED GOD: John Lennon (Singer): Some years ago, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: 'Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that.. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him' (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times. Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ): During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before his inauguration as President and he died. Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: 'God, that's for you.' He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner. The man who built the Titanic After the construction of the Cruise Ship, Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: 'Not even God can sink it' The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic Marilyn Monroe (Actress) She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: 'I don't need your Jesus'. A week later, she was found dead in her apartment Bon Scott (Singer) The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: 'Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell'. On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit. Campinas (IN 2005) In Campinas , Brazil, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend..... The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: 'My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.' She responded: 'Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, 'Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full ' Hours later, news came that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died. The car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle. Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.... "J-E-S-U-S" PS: If it was a joke, you would have sent it to everyone. So, are you going to have the courage to send this?. I have done my part. Jesus said: 'If you are embarrassed about me, I will also been embarrassed about you before my father.' You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking this.. No way! I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T..D. Jakes '8 Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!! 'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.' Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME .....You will receive a miracle.
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Tokoz50: 12:09pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
post=89901591:
Let us explain as simple as we can.

What is the meaning of last shall be first and the first, last?

Bible Question:

Matthew 19:30 mean that Christians who are first in this life will be last in the kingdom and Christians who are last in this life will be first in the kingdom?

Bible Answer:

The phrase “first will be last and the last, first” can be found in four major passages of the Bible: Matthew 19:30; 20:16; Mark 10:31 and Luke 13:30. Both Matthew 19:30 and Mark 10:31 are about the same parable. There are only two different events in the Bible, let us quote one of them.

Parable of the Vineyard

The first time the phrase “first will be last and the last will be first” occurs in scripture is in Matthew 19:29-30.
It introduces a parable which begins and ends with this phrase. Jesus had just told the disciples that it was hard for a wealthy person to enter heaven (Matt. 19:23-26). The Jews believed that wealthy people could gain God’s favor and righteousness by giving money (alms).
This was a surprise to Peter. Here is Peter’s response.

Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?” Matthew 19:27

In essence Peter is asking,
“Then how can I get into heaven if even the wealthy cannot?”
Therefore, Jesus explains by using a parable about a vineyard owner who hires some laborers in the morning to work his vineyard.
Throughout the day he continues hiring others to work the vineyard.
Finally, Jesus repeats the statement “the first will be last and the last will be first” for emphasis.
At the end of the parable the phrase is actually reversed.

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last; and the last, first. Matthew 19:29-30 

Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?’ So the last shall be first, and the first last. Matthew 20:15-16 

In the context of the passage, the phrase “the first will be last and the last will be first” does not mean one person gains more honor than another.
It means that while a person may be first in this life with honor or wealth, that is not true in God’s kingdom. Salvation or eternal life is not earned by one’s status in this life.

From all of us @ [color=#006600][/color] : Have a beautiful sunday y'all!

We believe it is only sad for you..
Why not shut up if you have nothing reasonable to type?
Religion bigot!
[/s]
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by HighWITCH: 12:13pm On May 24, 2020
Grandmeister:

It does...for what is the purpose of living without hope? Why do we hustle, marry, slave and toil for our daily bread without hope? Why do we care what others think and say if our life is already a hopeless life set in stone? Why do we even care about others if life has been pre-ordained to be hopeless from the beginning? Isn't suicide the best thing a man can do for himself and rid his life of this imperfect world? Why do we struggle to live on if we have no hope here and after here? Why do YOU still walk this earth when you know it's all vanity and hopeless in the end??

All you have analyzed herewith is simply your perception of things in order to attach an apparent value to life.
From time immemorial, man's only goal has been to attach a worthwhile meaning and sense to the life so as not to feel despondent.
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Dreason(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2020
it may mean that they;.
arrogant,the proud,the powerfull,the hoiler than thou,those who jugde others bcus they think they are better. will be last. while they; meek,humble,those who encourage others,those who dnt jugde or condem others will be first.
it will be easy for a donkey to pass the eye of a needle than for the 'rich' to make heaven. thats why we all need huminity. note this those nt mean only poor people would make heaven. they rich jesus was talking about is those who cnt make time for their GOD, those who put their job first bfore GOD. those who insult,critise,condem others,bcus of their wealth. jg

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Grandmeister(m): 12:35pm On May 24, 2020
HighWITCH:

All you have analyzed herewith is simply your perception of things in order to attach an apparent value to life.
From time immemorial, man's only goal has been to attach a worthwhile meaning and sense to the life so as not to feel despondent.
Still did not answer my question...why go on living when you can end it right now and have peace forever? When you can end it right now and sleep without a care in the world? Without having to worry about money, family, stress, diseases and even death itself? Are you not being a hypocrite and a coward if you still continue to persevere in a world of utter hopelessness?? Walk the talk..end it right now.
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 24, 2020
post=89901591:
Let us explain as simple as we can.

What is the meaning of last shall be first and the first, last?

Bible Question:

Matthew 19:30 mean that Christians who are first in this life will be last in the kingdom and Christians who are last in this life will be first in the kingdom?

Bible Answer:

The phrase “first will be last and the last, first” can be found in four major passages of the Bible: Matthew 19:30; 20:16; Mark 10:31 and Luke 13:30. Both Matthew 19:30 and Mark 10:31 are about the same parable. There are only two different events in the Bible, let us quote one of them.

Parable of the Vineyard

The first time the phrase “first will be last and the last will be first” occurs in scripture is in Matthew 19:29-30.
It introduces a parable which begins and ends with this phrase. Jesus had just told the disciples that it was hard for a wealthy person to enter heaven (Matt. 19:23-26). The Jews believed that wealthy people could gain God’s favor and righteousness by giving money (alms).
This was a surprise to Peter. Here is Peter’s response.

Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?” Matthew 19:27

In essence Peter is asking,
“Then how can I get into heaven if even the wealthy cannot?”
Therefore, Jesus explains by using a parable about a vineyard owner who hires some laborers in the morning to work his vineyard.
Throughout the day he continues hiring others to work the vineyard.
Finally, Jesus repeats the statement “the first will be last and the last will be first” for emphasis.
At the end of the parable the phrase is actually reversed.

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. But many who are first will be last; and the last, first. Matthew 19:29-30 

Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your eye envious because I am generous?’ So the last shall be first, and the first last. Matthew 20:15-16 

In the context of the passage, the phrase “the first will be last and the last will be first” does not mean one person gains more honor than another.
It means that while a person may be first in this life with honor or wealth, that is not true in God’s kingdom. Salvation or eternal life is not earned by one’s status in this life.

From all of us @ [color=#006600][/color] : Have a beautiful sunday y'all!

We believe it is only sad for you..
Why not shut up if you have nothing reasonable to type?
Religion bigot!
Wow, so you're even a Christian. You're gradually changing on NL, pls keep it up. Happy Sunday feminine
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Judybash93(m): 12:52pm On May 24, 2020
winj:
you have absolutely no evidence that "JESUS CHRIST Himself" wrote it, your only evidence is that white people came here to enslave and colonize Africa and they used the same trick you believe in today to achieve it.
Religion is mental slavery, only fools believe it!
My goodness!!! I wish i had the balls to be spilling truth like you sir. When i grow up i wanna be like you cry cry cry cry
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Bamidayo542: 1:08pm On May 24, 2020
see below
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by rosy1992(f): 1:22pm On May 24, 2020
Thank you for this inspirational write up.

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by seunak2016: 2:14pm On May 24, 2020
Radrusopsa:
One
I pity people who will do business with you, u just registered today
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Hancycool111: 2:25pm On May 24, 2020
Nice one, God bless you

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by HighWITCH: 2:40pm On May 24, 2020
Grandmeister:

Still did not answer my question...why go on living when you can end it right now and have peace forever? When you can end it right now and sleep without a care in the world? Without having to worry about money, family, stress, diseases and even death itself? Are you not being a hypocrite and a coward if you still continue to persevere in a world of utter hopelessness?? Walk the talk..end it right now.

Lol. Your "question" is too elementary to deserve answer. Besides, you wouldn't understand any objective response since you only see life from a religious periscope. Therein is your answer.
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Darlingboy4sure(m): 2:50pm On May 24, 2020
Blackmoran:
My problem in that saying, is how will someone who have live a life of sin commit so much atrocity, all of a sudden on his sick bed dying he remember to give is life to christ.. And he makes heaven.. Isn't that contradictory of what you sow you reap?

Depending on what u call it...but the fact that u pray on ur sick bed doesn't guarantee u heaven!

God judges the heart, he knows all things.

Many people neglect to serve God at their prime, with the mindset that at d point of death, they will make a U turn. In such a scenerio, ur prayers may never be answered, or such person may die unexpectedly, coz God cannot be mocked!
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Grandmeister(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2020
HighWITCH:

Lol. Your "question" is too elementary to deserve answer. Besides, you wouldn't understand any objective response since you only see life from a religious periscope. Therein is your answer.
We all know the answer..you don't have the balls to put your money where your mouth is...
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Ebubenwa042(m): 3:53pm On May 24, 2020
Help me O lord in any way my life need Amendment.
Abba Father guild and direct my ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by ejiksman4sureyahoocom(m): 4:21pm On May 24, 2020
Thanks for your good sermon.

Righteousness89:

We should not be Carried away in our WORK for GOD to the Detriment of our WALK with GOD.

It is not Enough for you to Claim you Know GOD. The Question is does GOD know you?

You Might be a Pastor, Bishop, Leader,Evangelist, Prayer Warrior,worker etc in the Church

You may Have been the one that Started the church In your House, Nation or Community

All these are Good but the Ultimate is What is the Current state of your Personal Relationship with GOD?

One of my Earnest Prayer is " LORD, may I not be like the park boys in a bus park that loads a bus with people and do not go with the bus" in JESUS NAME.

1cor10:12 " Wherefore Let Him that thinketh he standeth take heed, lest he falls"

2. Working For The LORD and Not Walking with The LORD Matthew 7:21-23, Matthew 25:11-12

3. Having a Judgemental Spirit: you are quick to look at people even in the church and call them sinners . Or you see someone and due to the way he /she looks you castigate Him or her.

Just as what happened on this site few days ago. I. Saw a lady who came out to share her Challenges.Some of the Comments I saw here put tears in my eyes. Because someone made a Mistake in the past should not be a reason to crush her down. Once Repentance is made, JESUS Christ Forgives instantly.
Many who were busy insulting her may be shocked to see the lady in Heaven while they are still here. The First will be Last and the Last be First!

5. Murmurings, Gossip, tale bearers in the Church: you claim to be a Believer but you engage in gossips and unnecessary talkings about that Brother or that sister! This One dress this way or that way! Our Sister should beware of this.

6. Familiarity With The WORD of GOD Or His Servant: Many Believers are guilty of this.

7. Hunger and Drive For Positions in the Church and not Having a Position with GOD ALMIGHTY, the Owner of the Church.

Only the Living has a Chance to Amend. Its an opportunity for us to check ourselves and ensure that we are Walking with GOD and not Just Working for GOD.

It's an opportunity for us to check and ensure our Personal Relationship with GOD is intact.

It is Better For one to leave The Work for GOD and Settle your Walk with GOD FIRST.

Pastor, Woman leader, Choir, Evangelist, Prayer Warrior, Youth Leader and all that are Titles. They do not Take anyone to Heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Cloud007: 4:43pm On May 24, 2020
Listen, this is wisdom.

....the beginning shall be the end and the end shall be the beginning.

Cos the the end was imbedded in the beginning.
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by Legendguru: 5:23pm On May 24, 2020
God is good

1 Like

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by God2man2again(m): 7:48pm On May 24, 2020
Mathematically, if the first shall be the last, and the last be the first then it means

If 1=First
and
100=Last

Then
1=First=Last
1=1=100
1=100

and
100=Last=First
100=100=1
100=1

It can only mean everybody is equal before God.

I really stand to be corrected though
Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by zivility: 10:59pm On May 24, 2020
The simplest explanation of the meaning of that statement is: a pastor or leader who teaches a congregation about spiritual matters and the way to paradise cannot make it to paradise himself unless each and every member of his congregation makes it to paradise. He is the first here, going to paradise he will be last. If he decieves his congregation and they r lost he will never make it, if he leads them alright their success will be great blessings for him. The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Righteousness89:

Re: The First Shall Be Last And The Last Shall Be First by incogni2o: 2:24pm On May 25, 2020
Cocolatti:
quote author=Righteousness89 post=89898509]

God Bless You
Hmm

Amen,

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

28-Year-Old Pastor Missing In Onitsha (Photo) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video) / Julius Malema To Visit T.B Joshua To ‘Ask For Blessings’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.