Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33656 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:08am On Jun 11, 2007
Razorr:

I-man  angry , look, is it a cook you want to marry or a life partner?  angry
Like Seun said, if you need a cook, employ one!
There are more important things in marriage besides food. Companionship and friendship are the most important factors in marriege.
You want to marry someone you can grow old with and still be fond of. Someone you can share memories with in your old age on your rocking chairs.
Typical african men, all you think of is food!  angry   Then after your wife has cooked the food to make you happy at home, you would still go outside to chase pretty girls to have fun with.
Nonsense!  angry

Stop blithering  grin Its horrible to have a life partner who can't cook.Yes,food is very important.I want my kids to live a healthy life.Did you say cooks?In London?You are having a laugh  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:14am On Jun 11, 2007
Companionship and friendship are the most important factors in marriege.
Yeah right! Would you marry a truck pusher? I'm sure many truck pushers will provide you with companionship and friendship. grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:19am On Jun 11, 2007
What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook?

It depends on her other qualities and if she is willing to learn.

However, if all other factors are comparable, most men will prefer a second woman that can cook.

I think sometimes, some women under estimate the premium most men attach to good food.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Razorr(f): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Okay, when the not-too-common event of "honey wake up! did you hear that sound downstairs, it seems there's something moving in the basement", are you ready to take turns?  grin

How about opening doors for the lady? 50-50 implies opening doors for the man too!  grin

On the wedding day: the groom carries the bride for 2 minutes; the bride does exactly the same for the groom.  grin

Home improvement: I do the wirings in the basement; you do the wirings in the attic.  grin

Last name: they create a double-barreled last name. Or, use one name for x number of years then keep alternating. Or half the kids use one name and the other half use another name. Tufiakwa!  angry

I don't mind doing all that. Big deal!  grin

You should also be ready to carry half of the kids in your womb for nine months and give birth to them.  grin

I-man:

Its horrible to have a life partner who can't cook.Yes,food is very important.I want my kids to live a healthy life.

Good, then do the cooking!  tongue

I-man:

Would you marry a truck pusher?

If we love each other, why not?  
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2007
RichyBlacK:

However, if all other factors are comparable, most men will prefer a second woman that can cook.

Well put.All things being in equal,most men will choose a woman who can cook to one who can't.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Razorr(f): 9:25am On Jun 11, 2007
RichyBlacK:

I think sometimes, some women under estimate the premium most men attach to good food.

That's all some men think about: - Food food food!  angry

Is that what you should be looking for in a woman?  angry

Later you would over eat and carry your big belle around looking like you're pregnant!   grin   grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2007
Razorr:

That's all some men think about: - Food food food!  angry

Women love food as much as us. grin You talk about food more than us. . .you even write cookery books.

Later you would over eat and carry your big belle around looking like you're pregnant

Na bad food dey cause am.After eating all the junk food because my wife can't cook,no surprise I develop a pot belly grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by cyl(f): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2007
it is pertinent to note that we are in africa where it is a norm for women to cook for their families, however we should bear in mind that the western culture is sinking deep too so i suggest we dont throw culture away and at the same time not be too rigid to change, i suggest the woman in question learns to cook, no knowledge is wasted anyway.the value of a woman is in making her house a home and if that entails cooking,why not?(she can buy african pot)
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Razorr(f): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2007
I-man:

Na bad food dey cause am.After eating all the junk food because my wife can't cook,no surprise I develop a pot belly grin

That's a big lie! sad Most Nigerian men would insist that their wives cook amala or pounded yam for them and then they would eat it in very large quantities and get pregnant. When they get the large tummies, they would claim it's an 'evidence of good living'.

I don't know why our men have not developed enough common sense to know that you should not eat heavy meals at night!

If a man can't cook, he should not blame the woman for not being able to cook as well. If he knows how to cook, then he should teach his wife if she can't cook. Afterwards, they should share the cooking responsibilities.

If your wife can't cook, then cook for her. That's true love! wink cool
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Ndipe(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2007
Yeah, a woman should know how to cook, at the same time, the man should be adept at cooking. What will he do, if the wife is at the hospital giving birth? Would she, scram from the hospital to her house, to cook for the husband? What happens if she travels? For feminists, which I don't agree with, women should possess the homely qualities of cooking and taking care of the house. Those duties should take precedence over your career but this is only attainable when you have a supporting spouse. I applaud African women's efforts after a hard day at work, to clean the house, gather firewood to cook for the family, while the husband is just lazing around in the house. No, it is not fair, the man has to chip in also. Women are humans, not machines.

If you feel cooking emasculates you, then let there be an equal division of labor. The woman should stay at home, while you bring home the bacon.

As for a woman who does not know how to cook, prior to getting married, that is a shame!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by blackbeaut(f): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2007
Dont mind all those men that want a woman to be their slaves! You both go to work to make ends meet and sometimes you even get home later than your husband and he sits around waiting for you to come and cook for him! angry  
If a woman cant cook, then so be it!! We are all not perfect, they are some women that can cook, but cant clean the house, so what do you do then? and who says the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? Then you never meet better man!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by sweetchick(f): 11:39am On Jun 11, 2007
First of all, Seun is a guy after my heart.
I am a very good cook( if I may say so myself) but I definitely would want a guy to appreciate me for much more my cooking skills
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 11, 2007
Woman's duty, Man's duty re social strero types, if u want a cook pls hire one.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by blackbeaut(f): 11:42am On Jun 11, 2007
has it ever occured to you men that the woman might JUST not like cooking? Chew on that!! Are there not things that you are supposed to do, that you dont just like doing and try avoiding it by all means?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by blackbeaut(f): 11:45am On Jun 11, 2007
aisha2:

Woman's duty, Man's duty re social strero types, if u want a cook please hire one.
Abi? grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by JennyMan(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2007
Her value (price) is far below rubies,
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by efuah(f): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2007
love reigns

JennyMan:

yes oh
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Razorr(f): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2007
JennyMan:

efuah:

yes oh

Efuah, that was an insult to women o! shocked I don't know why you said 'yes o'! angry
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Dynast(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2007
Good for raising ur kids
companionship
satisfying ur eros if libido is far fetched
Assist in family upkeep
QED
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by blackbeaut(f): 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2007
JennyMan:

I feel sorry for your wife!
efuah:

love reigns
yes oh
I guess you are just a bit retarded or should i say your views are myopic? Whatever!                            

angry
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2007
blackbeaut:

Dont mind all those men that want a woman to be their slaves! You both go to work to make ends meet and sometimes you even get home later than your husband and he sits around waiting for you to come and cook for him! angry  
If a woman can't cook, then so be it!! We are all not perfect, they are some women that can cook, but can't clean the house, so what do you do then? and who says the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? Then you never meet better man!

What a contradiction.Firstly,she says this:
You both go to work to make ends meet and sometimes you even get home later than your husband and he sits around waiting for you to come and cook for him! angry  
Then this:
If a woman can't cook, then so be it!!

Hang on,if they both go to work and should alternate the  cooking as a result,how come you excuse women who can't cook.In that circumstance,only the man who can cook will be doing the cooking despite the fact that both are tired from work .

You can hyperventillate all you want,the fact is  men will be disappointed if their wife can't cook.Not their girlfriend but their wife
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by mukina2: 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2007
I-man why you so crazy angry

its not by force to learn how to cook angry if a woman can cook fine, if she cant fine, if you love her cook for her, afterall marriage is for better and for worst angry
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2007
mukina2:

I-man why you so crazy angry
its not by force to learn how to cook angry if a woman can cook fine, if she can't fine, if you love her cook for her, afterall marriage is for better and for worst angry

Keep quiet! grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by blackbeaut(f): 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2007
I-man, if you read my views very well, you would notice that they are both in different paragraphs.
First one talks about a woman that can cook but might not be able to do this based on situations and the second talks about a woman that can't cook at all.
GET IT? HOPE YOU DO, COS I CAN START EXPLAINING/TRANSLATING PEOPLE'S REPLIES TO YOU! tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by mukina2: 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2007
I-man:

Keep quiet!  grin
angry

you will marry a farmer angry, whose entire life will be on the garden and in the kitchen angry
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2007
i don't think any woman (who feels that she has a self worth) should marry a man who likes her just for food. He loves the food not you. why bother?
if a woman who can't cook has no value to you, go get a chef/cook and marry her? how difficult is that?

or better still, go get married to food. yeah some men marry goats and cows in some countries. lol

cooking isn't even all that difficult to begin with but level of interest matters. why can't these men learn to cook if they love food and are interested in it so much?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Razorr(f): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2007
WesleyanA, thanks for that observation. Unfortunately, some men wouldn't listen to you. angry

Mukina, the funny thing about men who run their mouth about wanting to marry women who can cook is that they end up not marrying their soul mates.
If a man takes too much interest in food and makes cooking a criteria for finding a wife then its more likely that he'll marry the wrong person and end up unhappy. cry

I noticed that most men who claim to have perfect wives (i.e. wives that can cook, keep the house tidy and are good in bed), usually cheat on their wives!
Can any man please explain why this is so? angry
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by blackbeaut(f): 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2007
Razorr:

WesleyanA, thanks for that observation. Unfortunately, some men wouldn't listen to you. angry

Mukina, the funny thing about men who run their mouth about wanting to marry women who can cook is that they end up not marrying their soul mates.
If a man takes too much interest in food and makes cooking a criteria for finding a wife then its more likely that he'll marry the wrong person and end up unhappy. cry

I noticed that most men who claim to have perfect wives (i.e. wives that can cook, keep the house tidy and are good in bed), usually cheat on their wives!

Razorr, u've just hit the nail on the head! Go on girl! kiss
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by JJay1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2007
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2007
Razorr:

Are you saying that the cheating rate among men with wives that can't cook is lower? Abeg give me a break! I'm yet to see any evidence that correlates infidelity with cooking skills. If you have such evidence, please post immediately. Arbitrary claims like these need to be backed up.  smiley
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by JJay1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2007
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by JJay1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: I-man on Today at 09:32:14 AM
Na bad food dey cause am.After eating all the junk food because my wife can't cook,no surprise I develop a pot belly

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you dont wanna develop pot belly, hit the bloody gym and stop whining!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding / Bob-manuel Don-christian: 'My Wife Had A Son For Another Man' / The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.