Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (34121 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2007
aww did the shot at your oyibo honeys hurt you? cry grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by grafikdon: 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2007
Why all the name calling? Davidylan isn't confused, he simply refused to say things the ''independent black women'' want to hear. Abeg o, na true he dey yarn, if you no like am, you're on your own o. I don't even understand why some of you are fuming. . . is a woman knowing how to cook an abomination? Is it an abomination for a woman who knows nothing about cooking to learn how to cook? Na wa for WAEC o. . .una just dey carry this ''independent black woman'' thingy too far. I am pretty sure our mothers are the real independent black women and they are excellent cooks. Does that make them slaves? If your answer is yes, na your own mama be slave o. Like David D said, "Go and buy a good cookery book or better still, ask daddy for tips''. . .while you are at it, grab some magi and knorr cubes . . . cooking ain't no rocket science, neither is it an abomination nor ''beneath'' the ''independent black women'' grin

Na me talk am.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:52pm On Jun 16, 2007
Arguing with you people is like having a down's syndrome kid read the dictionary

In other words, it's a waste of time.

quote where anyone said that cooking is an abomination? Everyone should be able to cook, why not?

gosh you people give me a headache.

as for independent black women, isnt it ironic that you people keep using that word even though black women are more likely to be able to cook than white females?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by grafikdon: 12:03am On Jun 17, 2007
One doesn't necessarily have to use the words "independent black woman is above cooking'' to make a point. I got that impression from reading the thread and from people who get their feathers all ruffled at the single mention of ''cook for your husband'' even if it was clearly meant as a joke. Nah, ''independent white women'' actually cook since. . . besides, I can't remember an ''independent white woman'' who tried to decapitate me for refusing to address her as Dr,Dr,Chief,Loolo,Pastor, Barrister, Engineer, Technician, Kabiyesi Wilkinson grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:06am On Jun 17, 2007
if putting a tv dinner in the microwave is considered "cooking" then yea they cook.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 12:15am On Jun 17, 2007
Women who can't cook have no value!! Wetin?Truth must be told grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:18am On Jun 17, 2007
4Play sharrap jare.

since you think your traditional food is "nasty" then what should be made? hotdogs?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 12:33am On Jun 17, 2007
@davidylan, whatever, trust me i dont ever whant to no u either
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 17, 2007
anabell:

@davidylan, whatever, trust me i don't ever whant to no u either

tongue u shld pick a medal. how many people have you fought with on this thread alone? Even if you were the best chef in the world, your attitude is enough to drive decent fellas away. enjoy ur bile filled world.

ThiefOfHearts:

aww did the shot at your oyibo honeys hurt you? cry grin

hurt me ke? yeye pikin, thank God that i'm having a far better than expected day at work if not . . . grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 12:48am On Jun 17, 2007
'@davidylan, u are here by IGNORED
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 17, 2007
anabell:

'@davidylan, u are here by IGNORED

why didnt you do this 3 threads ago? Did you think anyone noticed your insultive presence? grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:26am On Jun 17, 2007
i can see u are a woman, u just cant stop talkin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:30am On Jun 17, 2007
@davidylan, did anyone notice,i can see u did give it up woman
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:46am On Jun 17, 2007
What is the value of a woman who can't keep to her own publicly uttered words? grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 17, 2007
I-man:

What is the value of a woman who can't keep to her own publicly uttered words? grin

priceless grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:34am On Jun 17, 2007
anabell:

i can see u are a woman, u just can't stop talkin

anabell:

@davidylan, did anyone notice,i can see u did give it up woman

and she said i was hereby ignored! grin

I-man:

Zero value! grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 8:37am On Jun 17, 2007
4Play sharrap jare.

can't believe i didn't figure this thing out. cheesy
I was begining to wonder why i-man's posts were exactly just like 4play's. lmao

4play, well i still remember you telling me to go discuss tampons when i posted in a politics thread. why am I not surprised?
anyways how's coco29?

this is funny.

still funny.

ThiefOfHearts:

if putting a tv dinner in the microwave is considered "cooking" then yea they cook.

this is even funnier.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by tollu: 9:17am On Jun 17, 2007
cool Good morning every one, I am a women's Liberation representative and i am here to seize the mouths and dicks (probably use them as spatulas) of all men on this board insisting that women must cook!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2007
Abeg what is the need of fighting for women who can't stand for their rights? Nigerians are annoying. Na una know if una wan die for inside kitchen and bedroom. Carry una wahala commot!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by isocks2001(f): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2007
@MICHELIN, TRU TALK MY SIS.I CAN NOT BE BOTHER ABOUT THIS LAME TOPIC, WITH THE NIGERIAN MEN CRYING FOR WOMEN MAID 4 WIVES[right][/right][[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by isocks2001(f): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2007
They don't need to learn anything. What works for one couple does not necessarily work for the other. My dad doesnt cook, my mom does all the cooking and stacks up for when she is not available. they've been married for donkey years without any incident of vultures looking to reap where they did not sow.

Sit down and cook for your husband, if he wants to help you out then so be it.[quote][/quote] @DAVIDLYLAN BOBO LIKE U WANY DAY YAP FOR HERE, NA UR KIND THEY WASH UR WOMAN PANT 4 HOUSE
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2007
michelin89:

Abeg what is the need of fighting for women who can't stand for their rights? Nigerians are annoying. Na una know if una wan die for inside kitchen and bedroom. Carry una wahala commot!

Fighting for their "rights" not to cook?  grin grin grin What a load of tripe! there is no law that says you must cook for ur husbands, the married women here have not indicated they are in bondage in the kitchen and certainly do not need your help fighting for ridiculous rights. Soon they'll be fighting for "rights" not to get pregnant.

The above quote is the reason Nigerians are annoying, coming up with statements that fail the test of intellectual integrity. My mom had done all the cooking all her life, she spends weekends scrubbing her house top to bottom and she has been chief paediatrician of her hospital for the last 10 yrs. When you get to that level you can start making noise!

isocks2001:

@MICHELIN, TRU TALK MY SIS.I CAN NOT BE BOTHER ABOUT THIS LAME TOPIC, WITH THE NIGERIAN MEN CRYING FOR WOMEN MAID 4 WIVES[right][/right][[color=#990000][/color]

Nigerian men certainly dont want maids for wives! They want a career woman, a partner, a friend, a mother, a home-maker, someone they can be proud of. One set of women they also DO NOT want? Those who cry simply because they have to cook for their husbands!

If you couldnt be "bother" about this lame topic i wonder why you posted in the first place. To refer to michelin89's post as true talk says a lot about you really.

You can all keep living in your false utopia!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2007
isocks2001:

@DAVIDLYLAN BOBO LIKE You WANY DAY YAP FOR HERE, NA UR KIND THEY WASH UR WOMAN PANT 4 HOUSE

One example of women who have no value to the Nigerian man, one who cant even construct good grammer! grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2007
davidylan:

Fighting for their "rights" not to cook? grin grin grin What a load of tripe! there is no law that says you must cook for your husbands, the married women here have not indicated they are in bondage in the kitchen and certainly do not need your help fighting for ridiculous rights. Soon they'll be fighting for "rights" not to get pregnant.

The above quote is the reason Nigerians are annoying, coming up with statements that fail the test of intellectual integrity. My mom had done all the cooking all her life, she spends weekends scrubbing her house top to bottom and she has been chief paediatrician of her hospital for the last 10 years. When you get to that level you can start making noise!

Ohhhh David your wahala too much. Where I state cooking and sexing are "rights"?

I nor wan argue with you today, so abeg wait for TOH or Wes.

Na them go answer you!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2007
Im not arguing with David, michelin. He's bipolar.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by isocks2001(f): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2007
HA HA HA MR DAVIDYLAN, ALL THE REAL MEN HAVE  HAD  THEIR SAY AND HAVE LEFT THIS TOPIC BUT U < WOMAN WRAPPAR> IS TILL HERE NAGGIN ABOUT LOL.ABEG MY NIGER BROTHER I NO UR WOMAN WAN KILL U WITH HOUSEHOLD WORK, BUT VENTIN UR ANGER ON US WONT HELP U ,GETTIN A JOB IS UR BEST BET ,COS LIKE I CAN SEE U DONT HAVE ONE THAT Y U ARE HERE SENDIN SILLY POST, THIS TOPIC IS NOT  4 CONFUSED KID LIKE U!I BEG TO TAKE MY LEAVE COS I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2007
isocks2001:

HA HA HA MR DAVIDYLAN, ALL THE REAL MEN HAVE HAD THEIR SAY AND HAVE LEFT THIS TOPIC BUT You < WOMAN WRAPPAR> IS TILL HERE NAGGIN ABOUT LOL.ABEG MY NIGER BROTHER I NO UR WOMAN WAN KILL You WITH HOUSEHOLD WORK, BUT VENTIN UR ANGER ON US WONT HELP You ,GETTIN A JOB IS UR BEST BET ,COS LIKE I CAN SEE You DONT HAVE ONE THAT Y You ARE HERE SENDIN SILLY POST, THIS TOPIC IS NOT 4 CONFUSED KID LIKE You!I BEG TO TAKE MY LEAVE COS I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY TIME

grin grin grin grin You couldnt do the job i do in a million yrs even if u tried so hard! Keep flipping the burgers! Only children type in all caps, didnt they tell u its equivalent to shouting and tht shouting is not lady-like? cheesy
What a shame.

ThiefOfHearts:

I'm not arguing with David, michelin. He's bipolar.

Whatever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22)

12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's / How Does A Working Couple Cope Without A Maid? / Some Childish Things Some Men Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.