Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:26 PM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (34107 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2007
davidylan:

To be frank that was her EXACT reason for insisting we all learned to cook and i'm glad she taught us well.

Good. More mothers should do the same.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

You "grin" men are looking for my wahala. angry tongue

Debo, sharrap over there. If you werent an alajenu, they wouldnt have to do "prevention" for you. Not saying stocking food is wrong, it's not. It can be a lovely thing. Just that it would kind of sad if it becomes a requirement everytime she travels some place in FEAR that some slut will come around with her[b] Iya Basira food[/b] because the husband can't do so for himself.

Iya Basira food happens to be very tasty, if my wife to be can only make mac and cheese, she is in big trouble too grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2007
Her washing her yansh and mensuration remnants in her food adds all the more flavor.

cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by needeeg(m): 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2007
How u sure?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2007
well if my wife is the one doing the washing, its all good, cos either way i get to taste the yansh anyways grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2007
needeeg:

How u sure?

I help her. Looking for used tampons and squeeze it into jellof rice. Hence the flavor and color. cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2007
Story Story Once upon a time, time time

When we all went to Nigeria summer last year, my dad stayed behind because of work. A few of my mom's "friends" called asking if they could "make stew for him" and that he must be hungry and all that rubbish about loneliness. He politely said No and told them that he usually makes his own food anyway. The funny thing was that these women would usually come to our house and KNEW that he's the one that makes pounded yam and all that as my mom has never picked a mortar(for pounded yam anyway) in her life so for them to make such retarded suggestions just proved how conniving they are.

Everytime my mom called him from Nigeria, he would tell her about how so and so called him about wanting to bring food and they would both just laugh on the phone together. Seriously it's hilarious how pathetically ridiculous some Nigerian women are. Awon asewo oshi.

Now had my dad been one of those lazy men who relied on others for everything, he would have fallen for their crap. This happens all the time in most Nigerian homes and it's quite depressing. HOPE ALL THOSE KINGS, THAT FEEL THEIR WIVES SHOULD ALWAYS DO THE COOKIN WILL LEARN FROM THIS
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 7:51pm On Jun 16, 2007
@thiefofhearts, good one
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2007
anabell:

HOPE ALL THOSE KINGS, THAT FEEL THEIR WIVES SHOULD ALWAYS DO THE COOKIN WILL LEARN FROM THIS

They dont need to learn anything. What works for one couple does not necessarily work for the other. My dad doesnt cook, my mom does all the cooking and stacks up for when she is not available. they've been married for donkey yrs without any incident of vultures looking to reap where they did not sow.

Sit down and cook for ur husband, if he wants to help you out then so be it.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by needeeg(m): 7:54pm On Jun 16, 2007
Abi david!!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2007
David, Now I know why you want daughters, you this tyrant!  tongue

One min you talk about compromise, next min it's talk about shutting up and just cooking

all those smoke fumes have messed with your head.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by needeeg(m): 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2007
grin grin D is much serious!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2007
i have a question even, those 'vultures' that wanted to cook for your dad - werent they married women? you women are the cause of your own problems grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

David, Now I know why you want daughters, you this tyrant!  tongue

One min you talk about compromise, next min it's talk about shutting up and just cooking

all those smoke fumes have messed with your head.

It's all part of the compromise my dear.  grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2007
married miserable women with ugly lazy husbands.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2007
davidylan:

It's all part of the compromise my dear. grin grin

You don mara.

all those fumes sha. Pele.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

married miserable women with ugly lazy husbands.

sounds like the ideal feminist here. grin
Only divorce papers left to complete the circle of misery.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by needeeg(m): 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2007
Abi, and u r proud of wat ur dad did
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2007
Um I was responding to debo, david.

He asked about the women that called and I said they were miserable married whores.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2007
yeah i wasnt refering to you, the miserable married whores i meant. grin
You're not married neither are u miserable so you're safe.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2007
needeeg:

Abi, and you're proud of what your dad did

proud that he's not a typical Nigerian idiot that would follow any conniving woman with tupperwear? Yes.

what kind foolish question be that?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2007
@davidylan, like i said no one will tell me how to run my home when the time comes,that will be the decision of myself and my husband, a man that we both reason the same way
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2007
davidylan:

yeah i wasnt refering to you, the miserable married whores i meant. grin
You're not married neither are u miserable so you're safe.

lol oh I get what you meant now, No don't sound like feminist else they wouldnt be willing to cook for someone else in the first place. duhhhh  tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

lol oh I get what you meant now, No don't sound like feminist else they wouldnt be willing to cook for someone else in the first place. duhhhh  tongue

don't let them decieve you, i bet they were one of those championing for 50:50 in the kitchen before they got married. How they wish your father was their husband now, poor things. When a woman is trying to steal a man, feminism, 50:50 and "he must know how to cook" fly out of the window.

anabell:

@davidylan, like i said no one will tell me how to run my home when the time comes,that will be the decision of myself and my husband, a man that we both reason the same way

I can bet you'd be elbow deep in soap suds while your husband is enjoying the football game when that time comes. So much for crying for equality. We've seen it all before.  grin

I beg to take my leave o my people, enjoy urselves and REMEMBER: cook for your husbands especially u TOH! Go and buy a good cookery book or better still ask daddy for tips.   tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 8:14pm On Jun 16, 2007
@DAVIDYLAN, SPEAK 4 URSELF, COS U DONT NO A DAMN THING ABOUT ME
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2007
David it's not your fault. Continue eating that spoilt panla soup that your mom made for you before you left Nigeria since your oyinbo hos can't even toast bread.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 16, 2007
This David is confused and he is confusing me. Who is he?

First he makes sense and later turn senseless like the 99% of the men here.

David stick to one opinion!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2007
michelin89:

That has always been his problem unfortunately.

I think it's all that cheap crack in Rochester.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by dude4luv(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2007
anabell dear dont be offended, do you know how to cook?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2007
@dude4luv, i am very good cook smiley
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2007
@topic

They have no value.They should be named and shamed grin grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 16, 2007
anabell:

@DAVIDYLAN, SPEAK 4 URSELF, COS You DONT NO A DAMN THING ABOUT ME

trust me, i dont even want to know.

michelin89:

If "making sense" is the same thing as simply taking ur side then i dont wish to ever make sense.

ThiefOfHearts:

David it's not your fault. Continue eating that spoilt panla soup that your mom made for you before you left Nigeria since your oyinbo hos can't even toast bread.

hmmm this did not even deserve a comment.

For Christ's sake its a mere forum, the way some of you go on here one would assume the arguments here are about life and death. People are busy with their life cycles and some sad individuals are busy hyperventilating here. kapish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22)

Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / 8-Month-Old Baby Dies As Ogun Pastor Orders Concubines To Beat Up Wife (Pix) / Some Childish Things Some Men Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.