Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,859 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:31 PM

Secular Music - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Secular Music (427 Views)

Apostle Edu Udechukwu Sends DJ Out Of His Wedding For Playing Secular Music / Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secular Music by chidera39(m): 5:00pm On May 26, 2020
Re: Secular Music by Juliusmomoh: 5:07pm On May 26, 2020
No matter how u may look at it, secular music is sinful. . . Don't advertize for the devil
Re: Secular Music by Enwhen(m): 5:12pm On May 26, 2020
You are confused, I don't blame u but all those fake pastors that decieves you people to get more congregation

You cannot serve TWO MASTERS

Christ Brown made it known in Falling Angel, His master , and Vow that with his talents , he will give his master wings to fly again.

Choose your master with the talents you have gotten...Your talents is enough to tell who your master is , just like Chris Brown and Alex Browkes
Re: Secular Music by Juell(m): 5:27pm On May 26, 2020
The content of the music is all that matters, in my own opinion. For example the song "lean on me" what's sinful about it? Or "you raise me up" cos they all carry the tag of being secular.
Re: Secular Music by chidera39(m): 5:32pm On May 26, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
No matter how u may look at it, secular music is sinful. . . Don't advertize for the devil
I'm not advertising for the devil ..
And state facts please
Re: Secular Music by Juell(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Do you know the song "lean on me"? Please what's sinful about it?
Re: Secular Music by Juliusmomoh: 5:34pm On May 26, 2020
chidera39:
I'm not advertising for the devil .. And state facts please
Ok, the fact is secular music is evil .... Do u want me to go deeper ?
Re: Secular Music by chidera39(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:
You are confused, I don't blame u but all those fake pastors that decieves you people to get more congregation

You cannot serve TWO MASTERS

Christ Brown made it known in Falling Angel, His master , and Vow that with his talents , he will give his master wings to fly again.

Choose your master with the talents you have gotten...Your talents is enough to tell who your master is , just like Chris Brown and Alex Browkes

There's no involvement of any pastor or deciet here ..
And are you saying that break dance, afro dance and the likes aren't God given ??
Re: Secular Music by Juliusmomoh: 5:38pm On May 26, 2020
Juell:

Do you know the song "lean on me"? Please what's sinful about it?
Bro, no matter how some secular musician sang about God, we know them. . They are wolf in sheep clothing .. Don't support them
Re: Secular Music by chidera39(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Ok, the fact is secular music is evil .... Do u want me to go deeper ?
My concern is .. Those that have the abilities to dance to this Genre of songs ..isn't it for a reason ?? Is it forbidden ??
Re: Secular Music by Juliusmomoh: 5:46pm On May 26, 2020
chidera39:

My concern is .. Those that have the abilities to dance to this Genre of songs ..isn't it for a reason ?? Is it forbidden ??
Yea, my brother is not only forbidden but it is highly forbidden... Why dancing to what God hate ? ...
Re: Secular Music by chidera39(m): 5:51pm On May 26, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Yea, my brother is not only forbidden but it is highly forbidden... Why dancing to what God hate ? ...
Hmm ...
Re: Secular Music by Juliusmomoh: 5:53pm On May 26, 2020
chidera39:
Hmm ...
May the lord be with u
Re: Secular Music by Enwhen(m): 6:03pm On May 26, 2020
chidera39:

There's no involvement of any pastor or deciet here ..
And are you saying that break dance, afro dance and the likes aren't God given ??

You know the answer if only u dont want to decieve yourself...

I dance all the listed dances above, but I can't decieve myself that it's God given...imagine dance wey we take dey roll for party , some wan dance am inside church...lols... Very soon girls will start twerking in church... We have sinned more than Sodo and Gomo , but God is just being merciful...

Bro if u want to dance anything for God do pls...but the fact say I no dey smoke(I'm not a born again)... No mean say I go say na nose Dem take dey smoke(i.e cannot different Godly from Ungodly)
Re: Secular Music by chidera39(m): 6:41pm On May 26, 2020
Enwhen:

You know the answer if only u dont want to decieve yourself...

I dance all the listed dances above, but I can't decieve myself that it's God given...imagine dance wey we take dey roll for party , some wan dance am inside church...lols... Very soon girls will start twerking in church... We have sinned more than Sodo and Gomo , but God is just being merciful...

Bro if u want to dance anything for God do pls...but the fact say I no dey smoke(I'm not a born again)... No mean say I go say na nose Dem take dey smoke(i.e cannot different Godly from Ungodly)
Good point bro
Re: Secular Music by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On May 26, 2020
chidera39:
Greetings
I have been seeing opinions and ideas about secular music being a sin and how it promotes the devil and disqualifies going to heaven
Actually .. I'm a trap and afro dancer, which obviously is involved with secular music and I consider it as a talent and kind of self discovery, i don't yet see how it affects me in a negative way. And not just that, I have some Western and Nigerian songs on my phone that sometimes calms me down, motivates me, put me in a good mood or just basically entertains me.. my question is : is this really considered a sin?? Especially the dancing part ..
All answers would be appreciated ... Nameste smiley

As far as the old and new covenants are concerned, [b]there is nothing sinful about music of any kind. [/b]NONE! If it appeals to you and you want to shake your bother, it's all you!
God is specific about what constitutes sin, and as long as it does not, do not make it sin to you.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Hate Being Called Alhaji Or Alhaja? / I Had This Serious Dream, Do You Know The Meaning? / God Changes Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.