Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 (24819 Views)

Question: Which Is The Most Populous Ethnic Group In Rivers State? / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by awgumayor: 10:54pm On May 28, 2020
Michael004:
[s][/s]Trash list.

Magrebes is the most populous tribe. Where did your Hausa get 78million. Where ijaw get 15million, who dash igbo 44million. Igbo is 34 million in population why Hausa and Yoruba are 43 and 40 million respectively.
" Igbo is 34 million in population". Because you believed that igboland is only SE. Now that you know there are Igbos in SS can you accept the figure.

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Oloun(f): 10:54pm On May 28, 2020
Michael004:
Sure na, igbos are just 34million in population and are only found in Nigeria.
what about Equatorial Guinea?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 10:54pm On May 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are not on honest person

They are even recognized in Gambia cheesy

Oku aka Aku Muhammadian

Yoruba Muslims. grin

I dash you those ones.

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Salewa97: 10:54pm On May 28, 2020
Bendeco2020:
Why I hate to argue with an average Yoruba person is that they lack facts and don't argue with points.

They will be wrong and still very loud, vomiting only insults.

The only strength they have is insults.

You mean Yoruba people lack facts? Seems you are new on Nairaland.

Read this thread and you will see we've been bringing sources to back our claims while some of your Igbo brothers are relying on hearsays about the Igbo traders they encountered!

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 10:55pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

Well the Igbos in Equatorial guinea will cancel them off.
Yorubas in Benin up to 2 million?
If they are assumed to be 2 million today, which I doubt, it means their population in 1952 would be like 285,000 in 1952.
Which would not be enough to make up the deficit Yorubas had on Igbos in 1952.
https:///Explore/groupdetails.aspx?peid=13167
You are just happy with your lies with your not found source.

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by senatordave1(m): 10:56pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

Afonja, are you tired of claiming Calabar? grin

Choke on this. https:///5875972/1952-nigeria-ethnicity-census-result

Me afonja? It is finished.so you are no different from the rest of the lots? You are just another bigot.seems the only reasonable easterner here fergie.so sad to think that I rated you highly.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Iamgrey5(m): 10:56pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

Yoruba Muslims. grin

I dash you those ones.
They are the Same group in Sierra lone

So Yorubas In

Nigeria

Benin republic

Togo

Ghana

Sierra lone

Gambia.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 10:57pm On May 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Also note that Fang are 80% of Equitorial Guinea 1.2 million population

You bad gan o. See how you busted his lie grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 10:59pm On May 28, 2020
senatordave1:

Me afonja? It is finished.so you are no different from the rest of the lots? You are just another bigot.seems the only reasonable easterner here fergie.so sad to think that I rated you highly.

Lol! I'm an Igbo nationalist. I never claimed to be detribalized or any thing like that.
Only fools are detribalized. A man must show allegiance to his Umunna.
I am not on NL to gather any useless rating from invisible persons. I'm here to project and protect Igbo interests. Nothing more and nothing less.

Your character is reminiscent of shadowy groups.
Nothing here concerns Calabar, but you are here convulsing since hours now? What's the proof you are not an Afonja?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by senatordave1(m): 10:59pm On May 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
He was talking about 33,000 igbos in Equatorial Guinea is more than the 300,000 Yorubas in Togo.

I noticed something about the guy,he has been pretending.he is just another ethnic hater who dislikes the west and dedicates several monikers to insulting or abusing other tribes.for long,he pretended to be sensible.he finally unravelled recently. He is just another meleszenawi or chino

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Iamgrey5(m): 11:00pm On May 28, 2020
Michael004:
You bad gan o. See how you busted his lie grin
There are only 33,000 Igbos in Equatorial Guinea whereas there are 2 million Yorubas in Benin and 300000 Yorubas in Togo

He is saying 33,000 is greater than 2.3 million.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 11:00pm On May 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
They are the Same group in Sierra lone

So Yorubas In

Nigerian

Benin republic

Togo

Ghana

Sierra lone

Gambia.

No Yoruba in Ghana, and Sierra Leone.

I give you Gambia, Togo and Benin Republic.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by senatordave1(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

Lol! I'm an Igbo nationalist. I never claimed to be detribalized or any thing like that.
Only fools are detribalized. A man must show allegiance to his Umunna.
I am not on NL to gather any useless rating from invisible persons. I'm here to project and protect Igbo interests. Nothing more and nothing less.

Your character is reminisce of shadowy groups.
Nothing here concerns Calabar, but you are here convulsing since hours now? What's the proof you are not an Afonja?

Those that know me well know where I am from and I value them highly unlike you.continue manifesting and tarnishing the image of your tribe

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Iamgrey5(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

Go and check Your Krio cerole link again about Sierra lone

As for Ghana, Yorubas have been in Ghana amongst our Ewe cousin for the past 200 years. Even before you people migrated to Equatorial Guinea.

Yorubas have palace in Ghana

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/inside-palace-of-ghanas-yoruba-monarch.html

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Benevento(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2020
The land mass of the whole SE is almost the same size with Oyo state...

is it that Igbos have high birth rate (like a nuclear family having 24kids) or what? I actually thought it only Hausas that give birth recklessly.

can someone please explain this to me, I mean how Igbos are more than Yorubas considering that small land mass.

please explain to me.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 11:03pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

The Igbos in equatorial guinea like Yorubas in Togo are recognized as indigenous group.
They have been there long enough to earn indigenous status.

Igbos are in Ghana, Ivory Coast, Liberia, etc too.
Not only Yorubas.
As it 2018 the total population of equatorial guinea is 1.3 million of which 81% of it are fang tribe. while others share the remaining. So how are you popular.
How many igbos are in Ghana, ivory Coast, Liberia.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2020
senatordave1:

Those that know me well know where I am from and I value them highly unlike you.continue manifesting and tarnishing the image of your tribe

Tarnish Igbo image?
More like protecting Igbo image from hateful beings like you out to tarnish it.

Move biko.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

So how do you explain the Brimahs in Ghana?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 11:05pm On May 28, 2020
[.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 11:06pm On May 28, 2020
Michael004:
As it 2018 the total population of equatorial guinea is 1.3 million of which 81% of it are fang tribe. while others share the remaining. So how are you popular.
How many igbos are in Ghana, ivory Coast, Liberia.

How many Yorubas are in Ghana, Ivory Coast or Liberia?
grin
No official figures, only guess works.

But this here my friend, is an official figure :https://www.nairaland.com/5875972/1952-nigeria-ethnicity-census-result

Cry me a river. grin

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by LegendHero(m): 11:06pm On May 28, 2020
Yoruba Yoruba Yoruba again!

How could Yoruba be less than Igbos in Africa even with the fact that the Yorubas got a lot of indigenous natives scattered in some African countries and recognized by their government and officially gazetted.

Even within Nigeria, you can clearly see that the Yorubas are the second most populous tribe. So what is actually the drift of the argument now?

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Iamgrey5(m): 11:07pm On May 28, 2020
DuwaRepublic:

So how do you explain the Brimahs in Ghana?
He doesn't know they also Yoruba Muslims cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 11:08pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

Igbos in Equatorial guinea have been there before 1960 and are now registered as indigenous group there, consisting 5% of the population there.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea

I dont see Yoruba recognized officially as an ethnic group in Togo.

As for Sierra Leone. The Yorubas were as much as Igbos there. The two groups were rivals and well balanced.
See this thread :https://www.nairaland.com/997451/early-colonial-views-igbos-yorubas

Stop lying Man, igbo is not up to 5% of equatorial guinea population. According to their Wikki, it says igbos and others make up 5% not just igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 11:09pm On May 28, 2020
Michael004:
Stop lying Man, igbo is not up to 5% of equatorial guinea population. According to their Wikki, it says igbos and others make up 5% not just igbos.

https:///wiki/Demographics_of_Ghana

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Sammy07: 11:10pm On May 28, 2020
senatordave1:

That is why I said igbos are a loud minority.this attitude exaggerates their population. In calabar,igbos outnumber yorubas by a tiny margin.in my street,5 igbos will be so loud and ubiquitous while they will be six yorubas who are quiet and always on low key

Lol, I don't know their problem swears.

They're just too loud.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by pazienza(m): 11:11pm On May 28, 2020
Michael004:

Whatever.
Still :https://www.nairaland.com/5875972/1952-nigeria-ethnicity-census-result

Choke on the above grin wink

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by LegendHero(m): 11:12pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

How many Yorubas are in Ghana, Ivory Coast or Liberia?
grin
No official figures, only guess works.

But this here my friend, is an official figure :https://www.nairaland.com/5875972/1952-nigeria-ethnicity-census-result

Cry me a river. grin

So you mean a population Census of not up to 450k difference that was conducted in 1952 is what you are using to judge the current year 2020?

People already told you of Yoruba population that are indigenous to Togo and Benin and recognized by their government as an official ethnic group. If you were to quantify that it will be more than 450k right? That means I am assuming time remain stagnant.

Who in their right state of mind bandy around a 1952 figure as their proof in 2020?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Iamgrey5(m): 11:13pm On May 28, 2020
senatordave1:

I noticed something about the guy,he has been pretending.he is just another ethnic hater who dislikes the west and dedicates several monikers to insulting or abusing other tribes.for long,he pretended to be sensible.he finally unravelled recently. He is just another meleszenawi or chino
He is a hater from the onset

Senator Dave Tesumole Jare cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Bendeco2020: 11:14pm On May 28, 2020
Benevento:
The land mass of the whole SE is almost the same size with Oyo state...

is it that Igbos have high birth rate (like a nuclear family having 24kids) or what? I actually thought it only Hausas that give birth recklessly.

can someone please explain this to me, I mean how Igbos are more than Yorubas considering that small land mass.

please explain to me.

Population is not about land mass bro

kanuri, Jukun, gwari and some other minority tribes have large land mass than Igbo's... But as we all know, the Igbo's are far more populated than them.

Even Niger state or Borno state is bigger than Yoruba six states combined together...... does that implies that gwari or kanuri that owns those states has more population than Yoruba tribe?

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 11:14pm On May 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Sir they bear different names in those places. The world Yoruba was not used to generalize Yorubas until 1900s

Oku in Sierra Leone

Ana in Togo
And official language in Togo are French and Yoruba.

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Twistaray(m): 11:16pm On May 28, 2020
So...i opened the so-called Egbere News outlet thinking I will find some stats and or table. But what did I find? The usual Nonsense, some office table news that has no stats backing nor table.

So I was wondering how did the figure came about??

cool

I am done talking.

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 11:17pm On May 28, 2020
pazienza:

There are no official Yorubas in Brazil.
Just black slaves from all parts of Africa practicing Yoruba traditional religion, as a means to reach out to Mama Africa, since Yorubas were the last set of slaves to arrive South America from Africa, at a time most Slaves from Congo, Igbo, Mandika, Angola, etc who were brought there earlier had all lost their link to Africa due to the slave masters initial strict rules of trying to "deAfricanize" them.
The Yoruba slaves arrived at a time the white slave masters had relaxed their initial rules that stripped the earlier slaves of their Africa names, religion, etc.
This allowed Yoruba slaves retain their traditional religion, while other blacks who had lost their religion decided to copy Yoruba religion and even names in bid to reconnect to Mama Africa.

Not every black in Brazil practicing Yoruba religion is of Yoruba descent.
Yorubas are not the major black group taken to Brazil.
Eyah, sorry, you can proof with fact and not your fallacy. I feel for you brov

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Angry Youths Protest Bad Roads In Sango Ota, Ogun State / Nigerian Soldiers Worshipping God In The Northeast: VIDEO / Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.