Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,721 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63522 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by richybanky(m): 9:08pm On May 31, 2020
Dpaulie:

...aluta against all oppression, forward ever, backward never...
For learning and culture, sport and struggle

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by castrokins(m): 9:09pm On May 31, 2020
This, I Think, And With All Sincerity, Is The Best So Far. Not Even Unical Where I Finished From Would Compare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by PVision2020(m): 9:10pm On May 31, 2020
Great Ife/2*
Africa's Most Beautiful Campus
Conscious, Vigilant, Progressive
Aluta against all Oppression
Forward Ever, Backward Never
For Learning and Culture, Sport and Struggle

Great Ife, I love you...

There is only one great Ife in the Universe Another great Ife is a counterfeit

Great/5*

Of the GREAAAATESSSST IFE
Ever Conscious Ife...

I rep White House, Awo Hall, IFE'14

5 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Kemistri4(m): 9:11pm On May 31, 2020
Nice

Though the pics appear "super-ehanced" and Over-edited cool
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by babaztee: 9:11pm On May 31, 2020
Credit should be given to leaders(Obafemi Awolowo, SLA Akintola, Sir. Adesoji Aderemi, the late Oni of Ife, e.t.c) with vision and mission who built this University when majority of people's eyes have not opened. If these leaders were corrupt like the present day leaders, nobody will be here to display any pictures. University of Ife, as it was called then was built when SLA was the premier of the Western region. The University was not just a master piece in terms of Architecture but also in Culture and learning. It is a University that even most African Countries are proud of. Most of these structures were built in the 60's, in 1983 one of the African head of state that visited University of Ife, then acknowledged that, "This is the most beautuful University in Africa". The truth actually, then is that. OAU is the 2nd most beautiful university after the University of Cairo(if my memory will not fail me). I don't know of now.

I am a product of Great Ife, from South West and have lived in the Niger Delta for more than 2 decades now. I used to punch and provoke the Niger Deltans, the south-south of Nigeria that, they were bereft of leaders. They have the petro-resources to build the most beautiful University, more beautiful than OAU, but what do they have? The billions is sitting in individual pockets. I pray that God will give us visionary leaders that will transform not only the infrastructures but also the contents.

Let not this generate any arguments or "my generator big pass your own".

cheers

6 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Kemistri4(m): 9:13pm On May 31, 2020
light099:
Trash pictures.
Color bleached pictures and blurry pictures.

The camera focal point too distorted the pictures instead of enhancing them.
Didn't OP see the sensible pictures presented on UNILAG and ABU threads?

OAU being one of the most beautiful universities in Nigeria with it's utilized sloppy land, people have been looking out for this thread, envisaging how a beautiful thread would be, but OP spoilt it.

The pics are over-edited
Pls no MODS should move this thread to FP until someone creates a proper thread. This one is bullshiit.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by ogene144(m): 9:13pm On May 31, 2020
chiefmc:
Good evening, please chat me up if you know printing business very well, I mean the entire value chain of printing and branding. Also very good graphic designers are also requested to chat me up. We need to work together for a new project
I learnt printing can work on 201,surd etc lets do business together
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Akinpelu9358(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2020
Great Ife!!!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by pongwa(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2020
Great Ife Great Ife
Africa's most beautiful campus
We are conscious vigilant progressives
Aluta against all oppression
Forward ever backward never
For learning and culture
Sport and struggle
Great Ife(mogbe)
I love you
There's only one great Ife in the universe
Another great Ife is a counterfeit
Great(5x).............

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by semitunde: 9:18pm On May 31, 2020
Probably the only school in Nigeria with it's own dam, central water treatment plant, and central sewage treatment system with its own oxidation pond. I've not seen this combo anywhere else in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by olawale1516(m): 9:20pm On May 31, 2020
When institution are closed what remain is University environment and structure beauty contest... Nigeria University have even give up about finding vaccine...
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by FYsol: 9:20pm On May 31, 2020
Of the greatest gbogbo! gbagba!!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by smeag0l(m): 9:20pm On May 31, 2020
This anthem takes me back to old memories. I love Ife. And everyone that schooled in this school in my office just have something unique about them.
pongwa:
Great Ife Great Ife
Africa's most beautiful campus
We are conscious vigilant progressives
Aluta against all oppression
Forward ever backward never
For learning and culture
Sport and struggle
Great Ife(mogbe)
I love you
There's only one great Ife in the universe
Another great Ife is a counterfeit
Great(5x).............

4 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Grateful02(m): 9:20pm On May 31, 2020
no be lie bro.. I support this motion �

Thecvbankng:
This latest trend on NL is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Maybe the next one should involve the interiors of these buildings; studios, labs, research centers, features that are unique to one's university. It would be nice to see these schools go toe to toe on that.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SamuelLoch: 9:20pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

Make sure you modify this post.
Those photos of OAU's hostel are really obsolete. OAU has since renovated her hostels plus redefine hostel policy. It looks beautiful now.
I'm not there but I was at some of their hostels sometime last year, it's totally different now.

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:21pm On May 31, 2020
Una get luck! It really lived up to the hype. I love it cheesy shocked
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Yankee101: 9:22pm On May 31, 2020
Any school that can harnesses nature is cool
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Onlyonebuhari: 9:22pm On May 31, 2020
Basic123:

Obviously,you have not gone out.

have you bee. to U.I

U just made me laugh, UI can't stand OAU in all aspects except one; the Medical school.
I know everything about UI

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nchenches: 9:23pm On May 31, 2020
Puvour:
Indeed, when it comes to campus beauty and serenity in Nigeria, a magnificent West African estate, the OAU, comfortable sits on top.

With a perfect blend of inspiring architecture and nature, the university is overlooked by a touristic mountain from where the Nigerian academic giant can be viewed in a glance. The planning of the school is such that there are special designated areas for academics, hostels, sports, banking, markets, staff quarters, a university farm etc.

Rumor has it that this citadel of learning is well on its way (if it already hasn't) to generate her own independent power supply that will help boost adequate research activities. This is expected to translate into better global ranking for the university in the coming years.

The University, which also has produced numerous notable alumni including the current president of the African Development Bank, Akinwunmi Adesina, is perhaps the only one such in the country where some form of space research takes place.

These are some random aerial and other pictures from "Great Ife" as it is fondly called.

But why do people retouch and repaint these aerial view photos before posting them on line? Who do they think they are fooling?
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Sonicroyel: 9:27pm On May 31, 2020
Trendy247:
Poor over-edited pictures..
Possibly edited with a tecno phone
Tecno even does better I'm thinking a Siemens phone
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Juchii(m): 9:28pm On May 31, 2020
But why is UNN in such a mess cry cry cry
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Albertone(m): 9:29pm On May 31, 2020
Kyrx:
These pictures speak less of OAU beauty.

I rep Awo.
Awon ti Awo boys...
I miss Aro from the likes of Opakume,Opa,Baba tee etc

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Deicide: 9:32pm On May 31, 2020
Ok, uni lag is still winning

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Thetruthalways: 9:36pm On May 31, 2020
light099:
Trash pictures.
Color bleached pictures and blurry pictures.

The camera focal point too distorted the pictures instead of enhancing them.
Didn't OP see the sensible pictures presented on UNILAG and ABU threads?

OAU being one of the most beautiful universities in Nigeria with it's utilized sloppy land, people have been looking out for this thread, envisaging how a beautiful thread would be, but OP spoilt it.

Pls no MODS should move this thread to FP until someone creates a proper thread. This one is bullshiit.
The thing is that no hostel was shown in any of the pictures...
They should show pictures of hostels and lecture halls so we see how the students are surviving...
Some of the universities are even battling with water supply....
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by wman(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2020
traihit:
To think that setting up of OAU was done by Nigerians and to see that its aesthetic beauty can stand with any international university is enough reason to bekubel that there is nothing we can't achieve if we decide to get things right.

It was built by Israelis. A former Isreali Deputy Prime Minister was the Chief Architect.

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by fullblast(m): 9:37pm On May 31, 2020
It was with so much nostalgia when I and a friend , an alumni too, payed a visit to Great Ife campus sometime last year when TuBaba received an award from Ife.

Of the Greatest Ife.....

Behind us is the amphitheatre and Oduduwa Hall

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Oladipojay(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2020
You should also post OOU
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Jarus(m): 9:39pm On May 31, 2020
Proudly Great Ife

5 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 31, 2020
wow
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by traihit: 9:42pm On May 31, 2020
wman:

It was built by Israelis. A former Isreali Deputy Prime Minister was the Chief Architect.

oh...I see.Thanks for the info
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Benwallt(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2020
That akintecture is marvelous

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo / Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.