Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) (63576 Views)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Massacre Was A Series Of Shootings And Murders Wh / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / Super Long Building In Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Dorlarphor10: 9:44pm On May 31, 2020
Of the greatest Ife! Greatest Gbogbo!, Greatest Gbagba, articulate pawo, articulate shiwon.

There's only two higher institutions in Nigeria, Greatest Ife and Others. Brother and Sisters, I lie you not that's simply the truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Delite01(f): 9:45pm On May 31, 2020
My alma mater. Really missed the beautiful environment. Greetings to all OAU alumni

6 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Pelzzy: 9:47pm On May 31, 2020
Proudly great IFE...the king of Universities
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Proffessorr: 9:48pm On May 31, 2020
traihit:
To think that setting up of OAU was done by Nigerians and to see that its aesthetic beauty can stand with any international university is enough reason to bekubel that there is nothing we can't achieve if we decide to get things right.

Learnt that Arieh Sharon, an Israeli architect designed the university..

5 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nayturalistic: 9:57pm On May 31, 2020
Khunbz:
Wow! BA Eng also......class'12

Nice.. 6 yrs difference tho
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by hustla(m): 9:57pm On May 31, 2020
yusman14:
@op, should I continue the uploading??
I rep #ifetech anyway..
OAU have the best road network and landscape...
No wire poles on campus the wires are connected underground...
The university is well planned too; from academics area ,to hostels,to banking area,sports,and so on

best road? LOL You never enter CU before
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by SKYloafFISH(f): 9:58pm On May 31, 2020
Great OAU
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 31, 2020
yusman14:
More of beauty...
OAU is what we call architectural master piece....
Haters just need to visit the school and see those fabulous buildings..
We know just two uni in Nigeria, OAU and others
My almata.

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Oksoluk10: 10:04pm On May 31, 2020
hotspec:
ur 2nd pix is not OAU, but Nimbe Adedipe Library, FUNAAB, Abeokuta

oga that 2nd pic is called SPIDER that house both civil and materials science engineering department in OAU

5 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Mykel51(m): 10:07pm On May 31, 2020
Oksoluk10:

oga that 2nd pic is called SPIDER that house both civil and materials science engineering department in OAU

Yea, I m a Spyder-man....

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by quickly: 10:11pm On May 31, 2020
light099:
Trashy pictures. Color bleached and blurry.

The camera lens angle also distorted the pictures instead of enhancing them.
Didn't OP see the sensible pictures presented on UNILAG and ABU threads?

OAU being one of the most beautiful universities in Nigeria with it's utilized topography, people have been looking out for this thread, envisaging what a beautiful thread it would be, but OP spoilt it.

Pls no MODS should move this thread to FP until someone creates a proper thread. This one is bullshiit.

This school was built in 60s/70s and naija with poor maintenace culture e don wowo now.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Gibson01: 10:11pm On May 31, 2020
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder though, and it's a function of the area the place is sited (U might not want to compare Lagos or ibadan to ile ife in terms of beautification). But, an architectural masterpiece remains constant all over the world. So, when it comes to architecture, the unimaginable building curves, well planned and situated structures (hostels, academics and banking area) forget it OAU has it. But if it's normal tall buildings with paintings, other schools have it more, like unilag, u.i, etc.
#Nohating
#indeedGREAT ife...

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:15pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag [/s]Enijoku[s] Eni Njoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

Modified: Heard most of the hostels have been renovated and are now habitable. A good one i must admit. I will appreciate if i can get pictures of the new look.

Fixed!!
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Oksoluk10: 10:16pm On May 31, 2020
Elazizi05:

The 2nd picture is FUNAAB library...abeg!

Baba calm down, that 2nd pic is called SPIDER in OAU. Use by both civil and materials science engineering department
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by hotspec(m): 10:18pm On May 31, 2020
Oksoluk10:

very clever. Uve removed dt pix of funaab library. it was d second pix when I called ur attention to it
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Quickroofingpro: 10:23pm On May 31, 2020
OAU.. Oba Awon University !!!
OAU is just another world of its own...Can't forget all the memories.. The school is absolutely beautiful and well planned.
I REP Fajuite.. set awon #15..

Of the greatest Ife..
Of the Greatest Shiwon !!

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 10:24pm On May 31, 2020
If you are an alumni of this prestigious higher institution of learning, gather here for selfie grin

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Legolast: 10:26pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Lol......the editing has distorted the pictures. No doubt OAU has some of the most beautiful architectural buildings but due to lack of maintenance, they are becoming shadows of themselves. Most haven't been painted for decades. Reason is why UI and UNILAG are far ahead.

Take for example no hostel in UNILAG or UI can ever be this bad and unkempt like these ones in the first two pictures. Now compare this to the worst hostel in unilag Enijoku from the last two pictures and see what i am talking about.

Modified: Heard most of the hostels have been renovated and are now habitable. A good one i must admit. I will appreciate if i can get pictures of the new look.

Bro... Kindly update your photo gallery. You can't find this trash in OAU of today. Probably you have the hostel picture over 6yrs ago. I can get you recent pictures of the hostel.

I'm not a student of the school but I know you are wrong about this.

Peace

3 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Westernlove: 10:28pm On May 31, 2020
Overhyped & Glorified Secondary School

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by 1stola: 10:29pm On May 31, 2020
internationalman:
Even Ajegunle would have a beautiful aerial view.
Keep fooling yourselves

Should us ABA state university grin
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by RexTramadol1: 10:30pm On May 31, 2020
hustla:

best road? LOL You never enter CU before

The landmass is different tho'
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Westernlove: 10:30pm On May 31, 2020
damtan:
Did you say world class
Yes he meant Shiithole World Standard

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Westernlove: 10:32pm On May 31, 2020
internationalman:
Even Ajegunle would have a beautiful aerial view.

Guy You too Wicked lol.....

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by fikky2013(f): 10:32pm On May 31, 2020
I am not a product a OAU, but I give it to them anyday anytime.

yusman14:
@op, should I continue the uploading??
I rep #ifetech anyway..
OAU have the best road network and landscape...
No wire poles on campus the wires are connected underground...
The university is well planned too; from academics area ,to hostels,to banking area,sports,and so on

1 Like

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:33pm On May 31, 2020
Seun Osewa,the owner of this great site was a student here!
of the greatest shiwon!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 31, 2020
cavendishbaba:

Oga your second paragraph na lie!!! There is a hostel in Unilag that looks exactly like the first picture there... Close to the faculty of science building

Lol... You know nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by hustla(m): 10:33pm On May 31, 2020
RexTramadol1:

The landmass is different tho'

Una don wan dey change mouth
grin
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:40pm On May 31, 2020
now that we are done with federal institutions I suggest we take a look at what our brothers,private universities have got to offer us.
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 10:41pm On May 31, 2020
Great!
mismore:
Let me famz my school....
Of the greatest ife!!!
I wish we had better maintenance though
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by RexTramadol1: 10:41pm On May 31, 2020
hustla:

Una don wan dey change mouth
grin

Not at all, if you look at the distance covered for road construction, you will see OAU still has the best road network, I've been to CU too, great road, no doubts buh it's not as big as OAU so it's expected

Need I say that even CU worked on OAU's prototype?
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by hAlexandro(m): 10:43pm On May 31, 2020
;Dtwith all the sisha and over proud to be associated with a great institution
Re: Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) by andrewtosin(m): 10:48pm On May 31, 2020
Block wetin?
Kyrx:
These pictures speak less of OAU beauty.

I rep Awo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) / Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Guy Spends Almost A Year Gluing 42,000 Matches To Make A Giant Sphere

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.