Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,955 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (18052 Views)

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by friday2011(m): 11:26am On May 31, 2020
donnie:
I'm an ISRAELITE, not a Christian. YAH gave us no religion, He gave us laws. Major world religions like Christianity and Islam are from Babylon and they promote Satan worship.

Shalom. smiley

My dear, you are a nigerian, stop deceiving yourself.

How did you arrive at being an isrealite?

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by ThatFairGuy: 11:27am On May 31, 2020
Why should they go to church with this?

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 11:28am On May 31, 2020
jericco1:
E be like say you no dey Nigeria undecided
lol grin grin grin
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by ModestGal(f): 11:30am On May 31, 2020
I visited many churches today for sensitization. Some complied, some didn't comply with preventive guidelines. I noticed that churches with educated members complied with the rules more than churches filled with illiterates
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by ehissquare(f): 11:33am On May 31, 2020
Am a Catholic and presently my parish is still closed due to the lockdown rule.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by ModestGal(f): 11:34am On May 31, 2020
HoliMaree:
angry They are still putting us on lockdown, they said we shouldn't serve God. We don't know how long they intend to deny us our human right and freedom to worship.
Abi o, your human right to die
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Iceberg3: 11:34am On May 31, 2020
phransix2:

No u don't grin

Hmmmm
Brother Francis

grin
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Iceberg3: 11:36am On May 31, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Why should they go to church with this?

Then why are you crazy over the madness,why don't you mind your business?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by hahn(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2020
siverspooon:
Please is there any genuine data reseller anyone can recommend for me??

It is not polite to reply a question with a question
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Eberex(m): 11:48am On May 31, 2020
Yeye question
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 11:51am On May 31, 2020
Because I don't have money
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Vic2Ree(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2020
Vic2Ree:
Hebrews 10:24-25 King James Version (KJV)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I'm an atheist after abandoning the faith about two years ago. However, even from a Christian viewpoint, attending church on Sundays is not as mandatory as people make it seem.

At first, there is the common assumption that the day of rest aka Sabbath is supposed to be on Sunday. The Sabbath was actually meant to be on a Saturday but the Roman Empire Constantine, a mere mortal like us, changed it to Sunday.

Also, in the Christian doctrine, a relationship with Yahweh is important, and can only be achieved through Jesus his son. NOT by attending the "fellowship of the brethren".

There is only one important reason for attending church: to commune with, and establish mutually beneficial relationships with other individuals (brothers and sisters) of the same faith for the growth of the church.

Christians today are - to put it mildly - a very gullible bunch. They depend on flawed mortals such as themselves to feed them with the "word of god". They gobble up misinformation with much delight. Going to church is now a measure of righteousness such that a prostitute can walk up to you and compare herself with you, condemning you for not going to church.

Long story short: It is not by force to attend church. It is neither an option nor is it a law. Yahweh never made it a commandment. Although, it is highly advised because it helps strengthen the faith when "the brethren" live together in unity. What is important to secure favour in god is a strong relationship with Christ. Most people who claim to be Christians, have next to no relationship with Christ deep down in their heart. Them going to church is just self deceit.

Stop shaming people for not attending church. Didn't the bible say not to judge? There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. If you decide never to go to church, your god will not bemad at you, even if you stay home and watch TRACE Naija like I'm sure a bunch did this Sunday
wink
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by wunmi590(m): 11:54am On May 31, 2020
donnie:

That image is not only an abomination, it is annoying.

Then face your front undecided
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by donnie(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2020
friday2011:

How did you arrive at being an isrealite?

Luke 21:24
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Zephaniah 3:10
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my worshippers, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

Zephaniah 3:10
My scattered people who live in the Sudan, beyond the rivers of Ethiopia, will come with their offerings, asking me to be their God again. (TLB)

1 Share

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 11:58am On May 31, 2020
seproperties:
Pastors and Religious Leaders should Obey the Law .Coro is Real and does not respect anyone .
Then Y y'all call out d govt to open up d working days of d week, u mean d virus ain't active then? U telling me u ain't goin out to populated places during this lockdown??
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Taywon: 12:02pm On May 31, 2020
SCAMDEMIC
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by WaleRock: 12:08pm On May 31, 2020
Matthew 18²⁰

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

My home perfectly served as our church today. And when the churches are reopened, we'll not forsake the gathering of the brethren:

Hebrews 10²⁵ (KJV)
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by siverspooon(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2020
hahn:

It is not polite to reply a question with a question
I'm asking ppl reading the post. Someone might be the reseller I'm looking for
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by donMIG(m): 12:45pm On May 31, 2020
Lolz
Look at this brother u tink say na everywhere for naija dem easy lockdown

LOCKDOWN SINCE 100BC
I don tire!!!
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jubrilELsudan: 12:47pm On May 31, 2020
THESE CHRISTIAN FANATICS ARE VERY STUPID.

CORONA FALL INSIDE THEIR ANUS.

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by donMIG(m): 12:50pm On May 31, 2020
U know weitin baffle me b say
I never read for Islamic section say them take dia religion play
Y that man up there wei dei ask y ppl go go church dei play with wrath of God?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by 1Sharon(f): 12:50pm On May 31, 2020
HundredWays:
but hope u believe that God created Heaven & Earth?

Yes Panku did it
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MuttleyLaff: 12:52pm On May 31, 2020
donnie:
I'm an ISRAELITE, not a Christian. YAH gave us no religion, He gave us laws. Major world religions like Christianity and Islam are from Babylon and they promote Satan worship.

Shalom. smiley

friday2011:

How did you arrive at being an Israelite?
This is what identity thieves do. Coveting.

Committing identity theft, desiring what is not lawfully, legitimately, anthropologically, genealogically possibly theirs and lusting after what they are not. How is it ethnically possible that a black man can be an ancient reddish-brown clay skinned Israelite?

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Mightyjp(m): 12:56pm On May 31, 2020
Jesus said, "am happy when they told me let us go to church". Defend dis
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Candyness(f): 12:58pm On May 31, 2020
Premiumwriter:
So my sisters just returned from church and were asking me why didn't I go to the church.

I asked if they didn't hear about the lockdown and the told me the church was filled today.

Can you imagine that?

In the village here, the pastors whose opinion these people trust more won't care to educate them or obey the lockdown order.

Instead they will start church as early as 5am and close around 6-7. I don't know if they expect the virus to be sleeping by then.

God knows what will happen if someone is with the virus one Sunday.

No men
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MuttleyLaff: 1:10pm On May 31, 2020
donnie:

Shalom. smiley

pek:
Then there was no need to open the thread and comment.

Jokerman:
Christianity is from Babylon?

Lol... Antichrist agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad8dyjUG-j0

donnie, keep on insulting the gullible and itching ears’ intelligence with his delusion about himself being an Israelite, his contradictions and fantasies, that makes no logical sense. This is why I keep pointing out that Baba d is flaky, he swayed from Roman Catholicism to Constantine Christianity and now today, he is rooted in this black supremacy, black superiority over white hate on display ideology. I am 1000% certain that soon tomorrow he’ll sway again however the direction of the wind of change blows and make a jump again.

Hopefully unlike his experience of jumping from the frying pan into the hot fire place, his next coming change won't be jumping into a deep black hole that he wouldn't be able to climb up and out from so to escape, but if he does repent, as just like the prodigal son did, get back to his self and right senses, he then will change and jump into the awaiting welcoming, loving and expectant Hands of Yahshua Ha Mashiach, aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world (i.e. refer to Luke 15:11-32 for the story about the ''The Parable of the Lost Son'')
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Pearly255(f): 1:10pm On May 31, 2020
All things work together for good to those who love God. Proverbs 8:17 proverbs 8:35-36. If you find me, you find life.

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MERCHANDISER: 1:13pm On May 31, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. He is not lying ooo
Come to my street here Lagos one church done full with members.
Also, one catholic church inside one estate here in Lagos is having 4 masses every Sunday

give me their address let me report them...
i wan blow whistle grin
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by buzorcharles(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2020
Op did u go to church today? Nonsense
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by donnie(m): 1:19pm On May 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

jump into the awaiting welcoming, loving and expectant Hands of Yahshua Ha Mashiach, aka Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the whole wide world (i.e. refer to Luke 15:11-32 for the story about the ''The Parable of the Lost Son'')

The BANTU/Ancient-Hebrew word is HAMASHIYAH form where you get MESSIAH. Not Hamashiach.

It's about time we correct you of this Yiddish you're speaking thinking you're speaking Hebrew.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Reasons Sunday School Is Important In Your Christian Life / Can A Christian Make Heaven If He Doesn't Go To Church? / Back From The Dead: 300 Years Old Body Of A Saint Girl Opens Eyes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.