Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple (3957 Views)

If TB Joshua Knew He Was Gonna Die, Why Didn't He Name A Successor? (Video) / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2022
Me and my wife had an argument this morning.
God is all knowing and before creating Adam and even, He know what they would do. He knew they would be Tempted and they would eat the fruit and bring Sin to the world and He also knows that His son would have to die in order to save us from the sin caused by the fruit
Why didn't He just make the fruit inaccessible to them so they don't eat it.
But instead He Allowed them to get access to the fruit, eat and bring sin to the world.

Mind you, He's all knowing and He knows all this would happen before they did. He knew Satan would tempt them and they will fall, He also knew that He would have to curse them when they eat the fruit.

Why not just prevent this by making the fruit inaccessible to them. That's the logical thing to do

3 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:

But instead He Allowed them to get access to the fruit, eat and bring sin to the world.

Mind you, He's all knowing and He knows all this would happen before they did. He knew Satan would tempt them and they will fall, He also knew that He would have to curse them when they eat the fruit.

Why not just prevent this by making the fruit inaccessible to them. That's the logical thing to do
Your mistake is assuming God didn't expect all of this to happen from before He made man. undecided

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ogbeni na story that never happened abeg,lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your mistake is assuming God didn't expect all of this to happen from before He made man. undecided
Give a logical,and direct answer,lol

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

He knew it would happen before creating man. He knew that the only way to remove sin was to let His only son die. Why not just prevent it from happening at all.

4 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:
He knew it would happen before creating man. He knew that the only way to remove sin was to let His only son die. Why not just prevent it from happening at all.
You need to take time to understand why God created all of this to begin with and what He instead to gain from all of this. God's plan from the beginning was to build for Himself a people to serve Him and Sons and heirs to His Kingdom. He didn't want Robots... and so it had to be this way, I think. undecided

3 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 9:20pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You need to take time to understand why God created all of this to begin with and what He instead to gain from all of this. God's plan from the beginning was to build for Himself a people to serve Him and Sons and heirs to His Kingdom. He didn't want Robots... and so it had to be this way, I think. undecided

Preventing them from accessing the fruit doesn't make them robots.

And besides God loved what he created and He knows that if they eat the fruit, the perfect thing He created would be destroyed. Why not just prevent it?

For example, if I build a house and I put 2 tenants in the house, I love the house very much but there's a thief in the area that if he gets into my compound will likely lead my tenants astray which will lead to the destruction of that my beloved compound. The logical thing to do is to remove the thief from from the area by getting him arrested and sending him to jail so he won't disturb my tenant. And also if the compound is destroyed, my only son will have to go through the stress of rebuilding the compound.
And I know all these would happen before building the compound.
So I will make sure that even before I put tenants in that my compound I will make sure that the thief won't disturb them by putting him in jail.

3 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:
1. Preventing them from accessing the fruit doesn't make them robots.

2. And besides God loved what he created and He knows that if they eat the fruit, the perfect thing He created would be destroyed. Why not just prevent it?
1. Why would he prevent them from accessing the fruit trees when what He wanted was for them to make the choice to obey Him instead? undecided

2. Could could easy recreate the world. What He wanted wasn't a good world - He can make those anytime after all it only took Him 6 days to make this one . What God wants is instead a good people who will obey His commandments and Sons for His Kingdom.. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Why would he prevent them from accessing the fruit trees when what He wanted was for them to make the choice to obey Him instead? undecided

2. Could could easy recreate the world. What He wanted wasn't a good world - He can make those anytime after all it only took Him 6 days to make this one . What God wants is instead a good people who will obey His commandments and Sons for His Kingdom.. undecided

But He knew they would disobey. Even before creating them

5 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by budaatum: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
It seems more are finally seeking understanding, though the person the response below was to wasn't in the end.

The story is more like programming, as in, how some want to create you. Any person with a brain would object to a God who lies that you would die if you eat the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil then you eat and do not die.

And before anyone claims Adam and Eve died when they ate, just you note what they achieved after eating and how long they lived after.

budaatum:
I think it does make sense.

Evidence shows that some are created in God's image to rule and subdue and dominate and be blessed, while some are created naked from mud to slave in the Garden of Eden and not eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil for fear that they will die.

Thankfully, there's also a certain unbelieving Eve who used her own senses to check if she would die if she ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil only to find it good for food and for opening eyes and for gaining wisdom and for freeing from slavery in Eden from where she went in to be self employed and populated the earth with humans who are now on the way to rule over and subdue and dominate the moon and Mars.

The question then becomes, are you created in God's Image or are you descendants of stupid ignorant Adam, or at least use her own senses Eve?

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:
He did and He even has a punishment ready for them for it , death - from dust, you were made and to dust, you shall return - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 20 . However, not all their children turned out like them.undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He did and He even has a punishment ready for them for it , death - from dust, you were made and to dust, you shall return - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 20 . However, not all their children turned out like them.undecided

If He knew that they would disobey. There are 2 things

1: He won't have created them
2: He would remove the thing that would make the sin. Since he knew they would disobey even if He instructed them not to eat it

It's like lighting a candle and telling a stubborn child not to play with the candle. You know the child is stubborn and won't hear. And you know if the child plays with the candle, he would burn down the house.
The best thing is to remove the candle so the child won't have anything to play with. It's that simple

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:
1. If He knew that they would disobey. There are 2 things

1: He won't have created them
2: He would remove the thing that would make the sin. Since he knew they would disobey even if He instructed them not to eat it

It's like lighting a candle and telling a stubborn child not to play with the candle. You know the child is stubborn and won't hear. And you know if the child plays with the candle, he would burn down the house.
The best thing is to remove the candle so the child won't have anything to play with. It's that simple
You are still reasoning this the wrong way. undecided

Do you not go ahead with a business plan that promises an eventual return on your investment, in the multitudes, simply because you are aware that you might incur significant amount of losses In the first couple of years of investing? undecided

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:
absolutely! undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by funkmrflexx(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are still reasoning this the wrong way. undecided

Do you not go ahead with a business plan that promises an eventual return on your investment, in the multitudes, simply because you are aware that you might incur significant amount of losses In the first couple of years of investing? undecided

Well you can't compare a business plan with the creation of Adam and Eve because God is all knowing.

And the only return in the creation story was Jesus coming to die for us to reconcile us back to God. All these could have been prevented

7 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:
1. Well you can't compare a business plan with the creation of Adam and Eve because God is all knowing.

2. And the only return in the creation story was Jesus coming to die for us to reconcile us back to God. All these could have been prevented
1. This is about comparing a business but instead about getting you to think according to how the story is actually told to you. undecided

2. Wrong! You need to get rid of the stories you have been fed by others of what is written and actually read the book for yourself in order to understand what God's plan has been from the beginning and how it is all realized in the end. undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by PhenomenalAustin: 11:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
funkmrflexx:

Preventing them from accessing the fruit doesn't make them robots.

And besides God loved what he created and He knows that if they eat the fruit, the perfect thing He created would be destroyed. Why not just prevent it?

For example, if I build a house and I put 2 tenants in the house, I love the house very much but there's a thief in the area that if he gets into my compound will likely lead my tenants astray which will lead to the destruction of that my beloved compound. The logical thing to do is to remove the thief from from the area by getting him arrested and sending him to jail so he won't disturb my tenant. And also if the compound is destroyed, my only son will have to go through the stress of rebuilding the compound.
And I know all these would happen before building the compound.
So I will make sure that even before I put tenants in that my compound I will make sure that the thief won't disturb them by putting him in jail.

Watch them call you a Satanist, devil worshipper or atheist, just for asking questions cool

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by PhenomenalAustin: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
When Cain was cast away after murdering Abel, he went to the land of Nod and married a wife.. Where did the wife come from? I mean, did God create other people same time he created Adam and Eve, orrrrrrr is this fiction?

embarassed

4 Likes

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:
When Cain was cast away after murdering Abel, he went to the land of Nod and married a wife.. Where did the wife come from? I mean, did God create other people same time he created Adam and Eve, orrrrrrr is this fiction?
embarassed
Obviously, Cain married one of his sisters just like his other brothers did. undecided

For Pete's sake, Eve was Adam's own clone and they married each other. So why would there have been a need to create "other people" for them to marry? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by PhenomenalAustin: 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Obviously, Cain married one of his sisters just like his other brothers did. undecided

For pete's sake, Eve was Adam's own clone and they married each other. undecided

Oww nice

Could you point out that in the Bible? Chapter or verse, please?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:
Oww nice
Could you point out that in the Bible? Chapter or verse, please?
In Genesis 1, you are told that male and female did God create them. And then in Genesis 2 we switch to the story of the particular male and female that were created - Adam and Eve. And the female happens to have been created(cloned) from the male. undecided
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by PhenomenalAustin: 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In Genesis 1, you are told that male and female did God create them. And then in Genesis 2 we switch to the story of the particular male and female that were created - Adam and Eve. And the female happens to have been created(cloned) from the male. undecided

Tf I know all these man. I'm asking about the verse or chapter where it was described that Cain married his SISTER when he left, for the land of Nod?
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:
Tf I know all these man. I'm asking about the verse or chapter where it was described that Cain married his SISTER when he left, for the land of Nod?
This isn't rocket science abeg! If Adam and Eve were clones and married each other, and they were both the only male and female created, where do you figure their sons would have sourced partners from? undecided

Cain left for the land of Nod does not mean that Cain went alone to the Land of Nod,nor does it mean family cannot go to visit Cain in Nod, nor does it mean one of his sisters could not visit him and stay with him in the land of nod even as his wife. undecided

I mean if you really need to be spoonfed these things, then I suggest you stay away from scripture cause it requires you to use the understanding you have - even basic human language comprehension - just as you would any other book out there. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Dtruthspeaker: 4:16am On Sep 22, 2022
funkmrflexx:
Me and my wife had an argument this morning....

He knew Satan would tempt them and they will fall, He also knew that He would have to curse them when they eat the fruit.

Same way you know that your children will write exams (all knowing) so you also know that they can pass exams (as well as fail them).But you already know.

You also know that when they fail their exams their lives in your house will never be the same and you would curse them for disgracing you.

So Everything God did on that day, too do it everyday eg You already fore-know that your trusted staff can still steal your money kept in your office.

funkmrflexx:

If you had children, the biscuit you kept hidden in your cupboard and inaccessible, did you not discover that your children omeday had already gone to pinch them?

That is what Freedom and Free will means. They are not robots and you knew that too

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Dtruthspeaker: 4:28am On Sep 22, 2022
funkmrflexx:

For example, if I build a house and I put 2 tenants in the house, I love the house very much but there's a thief in the area that if he gets into my compound will likely lead my tenants astray which will lead to the destruction of that my beloved compound. The logical thing to do is to remove the thief from from the area by getting him arrested and sending him to jail so he won't disturb my tenant.

That is one logical thing but not the only one for when the thief gets out of prison, he can still come back to disturb your tenants, so your problems continue.

So another logical one is to leave that house vacant (as is also your right).

Another one is to put your tenants in one of your other bad houses (hell) that you do not care for

Or Another one is to play to go for the glowry that inspite of the thief's attack, your tenants prevailed over the bastard and the bastard shamefully ran away from your house, which is even a permanent solution to the thief's attack.

That is another logical solution.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Dtruthspeaker: 4:32am On Sep 22, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:

Watch them call you a Satanist, devil worshipper or atheist, just for asking questions cool

See, no one has called him that. But when atheists and satanist start speaking, we all know that they have come.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Dtruthspeaker: 4:34am On Sep 22, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:

embarassed

Mrs Adam committed adultery with Satan and gave birth to girls first which is why women are evil and why God does not like women.

Which is why she hala as she was still committing paternity fraud and lying, "I have gotten a man from God". Meaning, all her first children, where women.

And of course nature has already shown us that women can easily born girls but there seems to be something about boys, which is why when they birth a boy, they rejoice and are proud. "I don born boy o"

With these, one can clearly see why God is very far from women but prefers the man.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Dtruthspeaker: 4:45am On Sep 22, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:

Genesis 5:4
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by PhenomenalAustin: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Mrs Adam committed adultery with Satan and gave birth to girls first which is why women are evil and why God does not like women.

Which is why she hala as she was still committing paternity fraud and lying, "I have gotten a man from God". Meaning, all her first children, where women.

And of course nature has already shown us that women can easily born girls but there seems to be something about boys, which is why when they birth a boy, they rejoice and are proud. "I don born boy o"

With these, one can clearly see why God is very far from women but prefers the man.

Yoo.. What the fuckkk did you just write

Omo.......

And for your information, there are more boys (1.01) born to girls (1.00)
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by Dtruthspeaker: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2022
PhenomenalAustin:

Yoo.. What the fuckkk did you just write

Mango tree must born mango fruit. Devil must born devil. How many times have people cried out that women are too too wicked?

Or women and Satan are 5 and 6?

Devil must born devil.

PhenomenalAustin:

And for your information, there are more boys (1.01) born to girls (1.00)

It has always been said that women are more than men so even if it changes today, it does not matter, for that is what it was in the past.
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by dattaswami1: 9:29am On Sep 22, 2022
funkmrflexx:
God is all knowing and before creating Adam and even, He know what they would do. He knew they would be Tempted and they would eat the fruit and bri....ey eat the fruit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqx5yWnrgF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcH_ySF-jiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2nSqhNysqQ
Re: If God Is All Knowing, Why Didn't He Prevent Adam And Eve From Eating The Apple by TenQ: 2:49pm On Sep 22, 2022
funkmrflexx:
God is all knowing and before creating Adam and even, He know what they would do. He knew they would be Tempted and they would eat the fruit and bring Sin to the world and He also knows that His son would have to die in order to save us from the sin caused by the fruit

Have you not noted that God Himself planted the tree of knowledge of good and evil Himself in the midst of the garden!

The tree had a purpose!
It was an examination with consequences!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ayo Oritsejafor Shops For N1billion For Multi-purpose Church Complex / Meet Latascha Emanuel Who ‘preaches’ With Her Breasts Out / Ramadan Funnies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.