Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake (9196 Views)

The Biggest Mistake A Lady Can Make In Life Is To Marry A Poor Man- Nigeria Lady / Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? / Does Being Muscular Really Attract Ladies To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Redwater666(f): 10:46am On May 31, 2020
I'm learning so much from him, i was empty but he gave me ideas and encouraged me to start my business which I'm making serious profit from, he's intelligent, business minded and really cool + cute but I'm afraid I'm not even the right one for him because I'm not in his league intellectually, swag etc etc But we've been friends for years...

i can't even ask him for money when I'm dead broke because i don't want to lose this friendship and I'm a hustler, i can hustle for my own self but I'm on the brink of losing this friendship because he has other girls that are finer and have more brighter future taking most of his time/attentions but i knew him first during our 100lvl days and should've dated him when i had a chance but he wasn't this amazing or maybe i was dumb following friends and doing stupid shit because i was ignorant... don't get me wrong lol i have rich guys with expensive cars wooing me dashing me cash gifts etc but this one guy (my friend) is trustworthy, knows how to act, has attitude, knows how to treat women, is very funny, handsome, and very popular at the same time + his circle of friends are out of this world creative people into programming, forex etc... he has never forced himself on me or pressured me for anything instead he shows me pictures of girls he has wooed that are really attractive and i get very bitter and jealous and badmouth them just to discourage him..

i feel really empty and i don't know if I'll be ever truly happy again for making this big mistake... he always says he likes lifting others around him up which is evident on how my life has improved since i knew him even when his friends used to tell him I'm wh0ring (talking to different guys) about in campus he didn't bother but was there for me...

I'm 22 now I'm really attractive but right now I fear he doesn't see me that way (dating material), i can't even seduce him i feel very dirty/inadequate when that thought comes into my mind but I'm running out of options... please nairalanders, how can i win him.. how can i make him love me.. i cooked a delicious meal for him and he said i can really cook.. what should i do... I'm really depressed now.

Please note, it's not about money, I'm willing to do anything for him even if he's broke to the last penny i still love him and will be there till my last blood because he made me believe in myself that I can also be something significant in this world.. now I feel i missed a powerful opportunity... do i still have a chance?

(edited, added paragraphs for easy readability)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by flyingpig: 10:50am On May 31, 2020
Ask him out on a date

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Nobody: 10:51am On May 31, 2020
Give the guy pûssy..he go love u cool

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by nairaland94(m): 10:52am On May 31, 2020
Will the world end if you express how you feel to him? You're an adult, take that bold step.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Redwater666(f): 10:54am On May 31, 2020
nairaland94:
Will the world end if you express how you feel to him?
You're an adult, take that bold step.
I'm not courageous enough to do this and I'll be risking everything.. if i get rejected i might never have the guts to stand before him in my life anymore.. what are my chances..? i think it's 20%..
flyingpig:
Ask him out on a date
I fear this will further complicate things... i know the Kind of person he is, my best bet is he'll start ignoring me and then ghost me if i make such a move... he's very good psychologist.. Any move i make he already knows how it'll end. Do you have ideas on how i can sustain this friendship instead? i was thinking: cooking for him and delivering it to him every weekends?

8 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Vyzz: 10:56am On May 31, 2020
Sorry
Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Vyzz: 10:59am On May 31, 2020
Awwwwwn Give me his number, I will guyly let him know Believe me he will come for u

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Nobody: 10:59am On May 31, 2020
The question is!! Is he single

If yes...
It will end in premium lager tears..

If no....
Say it to his fvckin face and fvck with his reply

13 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Bola146(f): 11:01am On May 31, 2020
I'm really speechless!!! Let me read comments
Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Ningen(m): 11:01am On May 31, 2020
This life is just funny. Really. grin

Cooking meals will only get you to his stomach.
And not his HEART.

The truth is; you CAN'T make him love you but you can ignite his romantic interest. So confess.

If you can't tell him how you feel, then it's better you accept and get comfortable in friend—zone.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by HARDDON: 11:02am On May 31, 2020
'the cooker!' brahahaha

Redwater666:

I'm not courageous enough to do this and I'll be risking everything.. if i get rejected i might never have the guts to stand before him in my life anymore.. what are my chances..? i think it's 20%..

I fear this will further complicate things... i know the Kind of person he is, my best bet is he'll start ignoring me and then ghost me if i make such a move... he's very good psychologist.. Any move i make he already knows how it'll end. Do you have ideas on how i can sustain this friendship instead? i was thinking: cooking for him and delivering it to him every weekends?

3 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Redwater666(f): 11:05am On May 31, 2020
Ningen:
This life is just funny. Really. grin

Yes it is my dear friend.. We never know what we have until we lose it...
Vyzz:
Awwwwwn
Give me his number, I will guyly let him know
Believe me he will come for u
It'll worsen my situation if he finds out i gave out his number in a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Fidelismaria: 11:10am On May 31, 2020

only a dumb guy will collect/eat food from a girl

A food that wasn't prepared in his presence

Las las na poison go follow am after he rejects you

Anyways

ain't you guys bro?

Bros don't fall for each other

Be contented been his friend

I wonder why people always complicate a good friendship with relationship

The fact that you guys are good friends doesn't mean you'll be good couple

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Nobody: 11:11am On May 31, 2020
Leave the innocent guy alone.

You should keep bleeping your sugar daddies, yahoo boyfriends and marry one of them.
When girls are active in the whöring game, they look down on good guys and cling to bad boys who would use and dump them. When their lives have been shattered into useless pieces, they come looking for good men to settle down with.
I think the guy should bleep you couple of times and dump you back to the trash.
No good man deserves to marry a whöre except his village people are seriously after him.

Redwater666:

He helped you. He never asked for sex in return. And that trend has been on for a long time.
It shows he's a good guy, who's also very disciplined. He deserves the best.
May he receive the courage to say NO.

Galactico4ever:
Just maintain your friendship and since you a still young,a lot more guys better than him will surely locate you.
Lot more guys better than him you say? You meant to say lot of simps. No real better guy would marry a whöre.
You people are the problem of these ladies and the cause of many broken marriages. You encourage them to be wayward. Although the world keeps degenerating into immoral filth, but always keep whatever moral fire left in the world alive. When I see few ladies like Eulialia on Nairaland, I'm always impressed. Only a sissy won't care about the moral past of the lady he wants to marry.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Galactico4ever(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2020
Since you are the one who friendzoned him during your 100lvl,bae I don't think you have any chance of having a romantic relationship with him.Just maintain your friendship and since you a still young,a lot more guys better than him will surely locate you.

13 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Vyzz: 11:12am On May 31, 2020
Redwater666:

Yes it is my dear friend.. We never know what we have until we lose it...
It'll worsen my situation if he finds out i gave out his number in a public forum.

From the way am seeing it which is the way u are painting it
Sis u will die in silence
And if u don't it will end in tears � � �

3 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by HARDDON: 11:13am On May 31, 2020
Aiit, on a serious note,

Gone are the days when the stomach( food ) and s3x are the best ways to a man's heart.

both of these come very cheap in this Data age.

You have a clue to your question in the statement you made about his friends; creative people and those that add value to his life as he does theirs.

What value can you add to his life? what creative, moneymaking idea can you drop? What quality social network can you introduce him to?

if you throw yourself at him or seduce him as most would advise, he most likely would start ignoring you(I speak from experience).
A friendzoned girl shouldn't be making advances. you are in our space for other reasons.

we see through lil girlish manoeuvres easily. those of us without principles wud just satisfy her curiosity( you dig?) and activate withdrawal processes before her bf-claiming fangs starts sprouting.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Stephenomozzy(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2020
Sometimes, people just wanna really be a pillar for uplifting others AND NOTHING MORE.

With all you've said about him, he's definitely not a shy guy, so if he really wanted you as a date, he'll likely have asked you out by now.

In my opinion, trying to plant love in his head when he's not really that into you, just may end in tears. Just keep being yourself, work on yourself more too (yes esteem).

Don't badmouth other ladies he brings up to talk to you, it further worsens your case. Just be cool and don't tie yourself down with a fantasy of having him. He's probably moved on with his love life in someone else' heart. Don't FORCE HIM TO DATE YOU - Dating is not exactly LOVING A PERSON.

20 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Dande55: 11:20am On May 31, 2020
Low self esteem at display.
You are still a kid though.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Vickho6(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2020
Fidelismaria:

only a dumb guy will collect/eat food from a girl

A food that wasn't prepared in his presence

Las las na poison go follow am after he rejects you

Anyways

ain't you guys bro?

Bros don't fall for each other

Be contented been his friend

I wonder why people always complicate a good friendship with relationship

The fact that you guys are good friends doesn't mean you'll be good couple

So you never chop for girl house before abi,,,,
What if both of h are eating from the same plate nko?
Check it out

3 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Nobody: 11:55am On May 31, 2020
First off, your future is brighter than the stars... don't think otherwise.
Love yourself more, because that is the only way you can attract real love into your life.
He might not be the one for you, so don't beat yourself up or feel sad.
Relax baby girl and keep your options open... cause you're a star.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by paulolee(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2020
it depends...for d few simps dt refused to take d daily redpills being dished out her on n.l...it may end well wit dm if u are lucky
Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 31, 2020
Nowhere in your write up did you hint that he is romantically interested in you. If you are sure that he is, then you should make it known to him in a medium he understands. The way you describe him, he doesn't appear like someone that will ridicule your effort for making your interest known. Also, men do not think of league in the same way women do, for men, if you are a good woman and decently attractive, that should be enough to qualify you as a potential date mate. If it happens that the feelings you have for him are unrequited, then move on.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Ablemax(m): 12:22pm On May 31, 2020
Op u Don finish school??

1 Like

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Soren4(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2020
You had the opportunity to be with him long time ago but you felt he was out of your league. Now you've seen a potential in him and here you are saying bla bla bla....
Sometimes that which you are looking for is just right at your fingertips..... Just move on with your life

11 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Angelacruz: 12:39pm On May 31, 2020
U can never tell.Just try ur luck sis.If u luv somebody walk up and tell him u luv am,is not a crime.
Redwater666:

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Ahmed0336(m): 1:10pm On May 31, 2020
Tell him what you just wrote up there.

But keep it at the back of your mind that

" IT MIGHT END IN TEARS"

1 Like

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by prettyGabby(f): 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
Just tell him your mind dear.
If he turns you down you move on

2 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by Stillthebest: 1:52pm On May 31, 2020
shocked

Once you have your esteem intact, you won't think that you are disposable.

You are young and naive. What if he won't be good for you? What if you both try something, you won't last together?
There are alot of ifs.

Let nature make a call. You don't have the pipe so don't dictate the tune. All I see here is a young naive lady suffering from complex.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by foleskay(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2020
Vyzz:
Awwwwwn
Give me his number, I will guyly let him know
Believe me he will come for u
Husbandsnatcha
Re: Does Being Friends With A Guy Always End Well? I've Made The Biggest Mistake by John1152(m): 2:25pm On May 31, 2020
Redwater666:
I'm learning so much from him, i was empty but he gave me ideas and encouraged me to start my business which I'm making serious profit from, he's intelligent, business minded and really cool + cute but I'm afraid I'm not even the right one for him because I'm not in his league intellectually, swag etc etc But we've been friends for years...

i can't even ask him for money when I'm dead broke because i don't want to lose this friendship and I'm a hustler, i can hustle for my own self but I'm on the brink of losing this friendship because he has other girls that are finer and have more brighter future taking most of his time/attentions but i knew him first during our 100lvl days and should've dated him when i had a chance but he wasn't this amazing or maybe i was dumb following friends and doing stupid shit because i was ignorant... don't get me wrong lol i have rich guys with expensive cars wooing me dashing me cash gifts etc but this one guy (my friend) is trustworthy, knows how to act, has attitude, knows how to treat women, is very funny, handsome, and very popular at the same time + his circle of friends are out of this world creative people into programming, forex etc... he has never forced himself on me or pressured me for anything instead he shows me pictures of girls he has wooed that are really attractive and i get very bitter and jealous and badmouth them just to discourage him..

i feel really empty and i don't know if I'll be ever truly happy again for making this big mistake... he always says he likes lifting others around him up which is evident on how my life has improved since i knew him even when his friends used to tell him I'm wh0ring (talking to different guys) about in campus he didn't bother but was there for me...

I'm 22 now I'm really attractive but right now I fear he doesn't see me that way (dating material), i can't even seduce him i feel very dirty/inadequate when that thought comes into my mind but I'm running out of options... please nairalanders, how can i win him.. how can i make him love me.. i cooked a delicious meal for him and he said i can really cook.. what should i do... I'm really depressed now.

Please note, it's not about money, I'm willing to do anything for him even if he's broke to the last penny i still love him and will be there till my last blood because he made me believe in myself that I can also be something significant in this world.. now I feel i missed a powerful opportunity... do i still have a chance?

(edited, added paragraphs for easy readability)

like Jesus, love is calm and patient. you are not in love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Africa Is Rich! See Photos of A Large Diamond Found In Bostwana! / Who Is The Prettiest, Hottest, Sexiest Lady On Nairaland? / 9jaloversforum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.