Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election (29240 Views)

Obaseki's Commissioner For Environment, Oni-Okpaku, Resigns / Ohonbamu: I Am Now Supporting Ize-Iyamu, He Will Defeat Obaseki / Ajimobi-Led APC Reverses Cancellation Of Edo Governorship Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by CelestineNelson: 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Are you sure this is a sign of victory?
Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Job2004: 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
This game is too tight for Obaseki.
It's unfortunate we are in an insane society.
I strongly stand with Obaseki despite his short comings.
No to god fatherism
No to looting of wealth meant for the masses by a few

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by wink2015(m): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
He can resign that is a standard norm except here in Africa.

That will still not have any effect on Obaseki.

Soldier go ! soldier come BARRACK REMAIN .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by ojuu4u(m): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2020
House don collapsed, ambode treatment is knocking gbi gbi gbi

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by packman: 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
obaseki really being strong....
Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Upworkwriter007(f): 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
moderatedguy:
Stop lying he wasn't on Channels,if you insist pls go to Channels tv archive to retrieve d interview for us to view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyXlstlFzbs Guess this is what @IkalaiyeLOTO said.

11 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Iceberg3: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lord almighty, lahor wowo,awe uhundan nokhua nibun n'edo, lahor,put them to shame. Disgrace them and purge them out of the land. Ise

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Mires: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2020
Arabiandude:
Let me make it clear for those who isn't aware but come online to boast of how Obaseki will defeat Oshiomhole in this political battle. Majority of those in Obaseki government were once with Oshiomhole and they are die-hard Oshiomhole foot soldiers, including Osaro Obazee that picked nomination form and Osaigbovo Iyoha (Gbovo) that's Obaseki PA. Now this is the secret, so many persons would have wondered why Obaseki has been going on with this battle like a political novice, the person advising him on this is Chief Osaro Idah, he is Obaseki political adviser, he was also Oshiomhole political adviser and foot soldier, lastly, he was and still part of Ize-iyamu clique. So he has been advising Obaseki wrongly just to finish him politically. Expect more defection before the primary, the kind of defection that will surprise and shock Obaseki.
Hon Paul Ohonbamu was a member of Edo State House of Assembly and one of those that stood by Oshiomhole during the time EDHA had issues with PDP and Goodluck. He was personally compensated by Oshiomhole to run for HOR representing Ikpoba-Oka/Egor Federal constituency but lost to Hon EG Agbonayima in 2015 and because of his loyalty to the course, Oshiomhole personally recommended him to Obaseki as a commissioner...is this this same person that will end up betraying Oshiomhole when the die is cast? Someone should please tell Obaseki to go and sleep because he would have totally dissolved his cabinet and appoints new people when the battle with Oshiomhole started, but rather he continued using Oshiomhole and now also Ize-iyamu cliques and expect to win. So sad of him

Obaseki, agreed is a technocrat and not a politician. Like you rightly said, he would have dropped Oshomhole "boys" long time ago. That was the strategy Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State adopted. He picked his "men" and those whom Akpabio never wanted as cabinet members. For the PDP state excos that were/are Akpabio men, he gave them enough "sweet" and "chewing gum".

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Beosten(m): 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
Iceberg3:
Lord almighty, lahor wowo,awe uhundan nokhua nibun n'edo, lahor,put them to shame. Disgrace them and purge them out of the land. Ise

Wonder shall never end... A tribal bigot calling God Almighty!

1 Like

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by gcon21: 3:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
The end will justify d means.

Check my sig
Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Upworkwriter007(f): 3:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mires:

Obaseki, agreed is a technocrat and not a politician. Like you rightly said, he would have dropped Oshomhole "boys" long time ago. That was the strategy Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State adopted. He picked his "men" and those whom Akpabio never wanted as cabinet members. For the PDP state excos that were/are Akpabio men, he gave them enough "sweet" and "chewing gum".
All this would have worked for obaseki if Oshiomole is not the party chairman.

6 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by AkhereOkaka(m): 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
moderatedguy:
Stop lying he wasn't on Channels,if you insist pls go to Channels tv archive to retrieve d interview for us to view.

He was on channels television programme politics today With Seun some time late last year or early this year. Search on YouTube you will find the it

4 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by neoclassical: 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Noerection:
Just look at what IPOB miscreants have caused this Man with their bad lock?
We are expecting them to conduct online pool for Edo "erection" but they afraid
Go back to primary school first and learn how to spell the word 'luck'
Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by AkhereOkaka(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
oyeb15:
I see Obaseki as a political novice. He ought to have decamped to PDP and muster support from grassroot.Align with Tambuwal and Wike together with d faction of APC that's with him.
There are some fight you lose as a member of a family but will win if you are not in that family.
His fall is imminent. The Oshiomole camp will win Edo even if they will leave Ondo for d Fayemi Camp.
My thought, was thinking he will toll that part since he's in control of the state house of Assembly

1 Like

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by FlordFlorez(m): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Its better for obaseki that he resigned than being a political spy. Yeye talk, which one be "for the good of Edo state", abi ur filthy/selfish interests.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by truentalk: 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mires:

You're comparing two different scenarios. Because then akpabio and Emmanuel are in different parties

6 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by spirul77: 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=moderatedguy post=90304975]
Is that all you have to say?
I blame oshiomhole for packaGing and foisting a clueless and directionless person like obaseki on the good people of EDO, we've never had it this bad, no project, but yet doesn't allow predecessors project to thrive, obasekis end is so glaring.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Pusyiter(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
I can attest that you are truly Omotoh
Arabiandude:
Let me make it clear for those who isn't aware but come online to boast of how Obaseki will defeat Oshiomhole in this political battle. Majority of those in Obaseki government were once with Oshiomhole and they are die-hard Oshiomhole foot soldiers, including Osaro Obazee that picked nomination form and Osaigbovo Iyoha (Gbovo) that's Obaseki PA. Now this is the secret, so many persons would have wondered why Obaseki has been going on with this battle like a political novice, the person advising him on this is Chief Osaro Idah, he is Obaseki political adviser, he was also Oshiomhole political adviser and foot soldier, lastly, he was and still part of Ize-iyamu clique. So he has been advising Obaseki wrongly just to finish him politically. Expect more defection before the primary, the kind of defection that will surprise and shock Obaseki.
Hon Paul Ohonbamu was a member of Edo State House of Assembly and one of those that stood by Oshiomhole during the time EDHA had issues with PDP and Goodluck. He was personally compensated by Oshiomhole to run for HOR representing Ikpoba-Oka/Egor Federal constituency but lost to Hon EG Agbonayima in 2015 and because of his loyalty to the course, Oshiomhole personally recommended him to Obaseki as a commissioner...is this this same person that will end up betraying Oshiomhole when the die is cast? Someone should please tell Obaseki to go and sleep because he would have totally dissolved his cabinet and appoints new people when the battle with Oshiomhole started, but rather he continued using Oshiomhole and now also Ize-iyamu cliques and expect to win. So sad of him

1 Like

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Mires: 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2020
oyeb15:
I see Obaseki as a political novice. He ought to have decamped to PDP and muster support from grassroot.Align with Tambuwal and Wike together with d faction of APC that's with him.
There are some fight you lose as a member of a family but will win if you are not in that family.
His fall is imminent. The Oshiomole camp will win Edo even if they will leave Ondo for d Fayemi Camp.

He's not a novice like you pointed out. He has thought of the move and found it is not his best bet. About 30% of Edo people are Moslems for your record. As it stands today, there's politics of religion played in Nigeria besides ethnicity. An average moslem believes APC is his party irrespective of who is field.
If he has detected to PDP, he will lose woefully.
Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Upworkwriter007(f): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mires:

He's not a novice like you pointed out. He has thought of the move and found it is not his best bet. About 30% of Edo people are Moslems for your record. As it stands today, there's politics of religion played in Nigeria besides ethnicity. An average moslem believes APC is his party irrespective of who is field.
If he has detected to PDP, he will lose woefully.
Waow, no wonder PDP won in Bauchi, sokoto and Oyo. Christians dominate those three states die. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Mires: 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
truentalk:

You're comparing two different scenarios. Because then akpabio and Emmanuel are in different parties

No! Udom dropped Akpabio "boys" in his cabinet when Akpabio was in PDP and the Senate Minority Leader. Udom quickly saw ahead given some body language.

1 Like

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Chatbot1234: 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
i hope obaseki comes out successful or apc lose edo state.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by spirul77: 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=Job2004 post=90305843]
In obasekis four years as a governor, he hasn't done half of what oshiomhole did in one year in office yet they complain of looting, the obasekis commissioner that was caught with starch of money in Europe is yet to be heard of.
Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by royalfly(m): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Everyone say obaseki has lost this and that, I potty you all. To make the issue worse I have a feeling they are edo indigenes who want to continue being a slave. Obaseki has done nothing to no one. Oshiomole should rest already. Can’t forget his first tenure as a governor in edo state. I can’t believe he is this kind of man. Obaseki will overcome. Mark my words. This is a battle between light and darkness.

3 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Charly68: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Obaseki is a tecnocrat like Ambode..he does not know the game and can not even play the dirty game of politics.. he made a very grave error. My village people say ,when you know a man will not allow you to eat belle full ,you must add his meal to what you are preparing to eat .. Na so dem go dey remove the absober shock from his bottom until he remains alone in his contest . They will make him a general without troope .. He can't spend the money they will spend because from the look of things ,he is very shruod and frugal . But Nigeria politics is not like that . The masses can only vote for what parties offer them.. so of the Governor believed that his performance will give him his party's ticket,I pity him so much because party primary does not follow that calculation .

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Arabiandude: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2020
Pusyiter:
I can attest that you are truly Omotoh
Lol, nor vex boss...na we enter street, they go house to house and even quarried with our friends and family just to sell Obaseki to Edo masses because till today we still have firm believe in Oshiomhole and since he asked us to support Obaseki, we had to and what did we got in return in terms of development and continuing the developmental strides Oshiomhole started, nothing. Instead after making him governor, he started abusing us and telling the world that we asked him to share Edo resources and we are fighting him because he refused.
See, upto recently I had to opportunity to work as a PA to a member of EDHA, but I refused because I am too big to be doing boy boy, running after politicians just for peanut and I am too young to devoit my whole life to politics and been a politician, when the world hasn't known me as a wealthy private sector business man, so, I and so many others that made Obaseki governor has never demanded a dime from him.
So, na we go still remove am.

And mind you, till today in Edo State, there are still lot of persons that sees Oshiomhole as their political mentor, his grassroot supporters and love him genuinely, me inclusive, but same can't be said of Obaseki. Obaseki is only enjoying the privilege of a Governor, no grassroot or young politician can collect a bullet for him.

11 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by freshkpomo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Party after party for POI as he will continue jumping from one party to another...

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by therajah: 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Arabiandude:
I believe you! You make a lot of sense!

2 Likes

Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by Mires: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
Upworkwriter007:

Waow, no wonder PDP won in Bauchi, sokoto and Oyo. Christians dominate those three states die. grin grin grin

You are just trying to be sarcastic. The states you mentioned, find out the reason why APC lost. For instance, the people of Oyo state wanted to teach Ajimobi (the self acclaimed constituted authority) to be humble. Oyo people were at peace with the APC candidate, Mr. Adelabu . It was unfortunate that he was riding on Ajimobi"back". It was not as if they really wanted GSM.
Re: Paul Ohonbamu Resigns Obaseki's Commissioner Ahead Of Edo Governorship Election by ObserveSense(m): 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
bolaayenimo:
seems Obaseki is flushing out bad eggs. Never heard of this man's name before
He resigned! Not sacked! So, who is flushing who out?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta Congress To IPOB: ‘No Secessionist Group Can Annex Us’ / Progress Report: 2nd Niger Bridge / Navy Warship Arrives Nigeria From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.