Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted (31371 Views)

Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Thanks Supporters And President Tinubu / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit / Saraki Fires Back, Says Oshiomhole Behaving Like Rain-beaten Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by seanfer(m): 8:59am On Jun 05, 2020
omozu1:
If i am obaseki this matter is very easy for me with the rising cases of covid 19 in the state there is no way Ithe government will allowed direct system of voting in the primary election. All I need do is to increase the numbers to over one thousand before that day and call for a partial lockdown.
Then let me see how oshos and his gang will bring out all the APC members in the state to come and vote.

You’re funny If Obaseki tows this path, he will be burying his remain political relevance because this will give his opponents the opportunity to do what they like. The wards are in a place where people just trek to and vote their candidate. Will Obaseki declare lockdown on the day of General election?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by Caseless: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2020
Great2017:

Who are the EPM? They are nothing but a handful greedy political minority. The good people of Edo State are aware that Nigerian politicians are greedy but we would prefer a lesser evil.
lol
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by seanfer(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2020
jaxxy:

Godfather have been there and there’s nothing wrong with sharing ur experience or helping upcoming ones. That doesn’t give u right to abuse the law or process or form ur secondary or even parallel government. That will be unconstitutional and even against the law.

Such Godfather risk jail. If u can’t help, I won’t say unconditionally bt without breaking the constitution and law don’t help anyone. Planting a stooge is unlawful and unconstitutional.

Can you please be sincere and tell us all where Oshiomhole has shout Obaseki’s name in the crises all this while? Obaseki and his group keeps shouting Oshiomhole’s name all this while as if He is the fighting him.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by jaxxy(m): 9:05am On Jun 05, 2020
seanfer:

Can you please be sincere and tell us all where Oshiomhole has shout Obaseki’s name in the crises all this while? Obaseki and his group keeps shouting Oshiomhole’s name all this while as if He is the fighting him.

Does he need to shout it? He is definitely saying it in private and working overtime. Why??
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by emperor863(m): 9:14am On Jun 05, 2020
Trumpcard05:
Yes o. Govo no gree give them ”ilalobo” na Wetin wan kill them be that! Everyone sure knows the turncoat & godfather wannabe Oshiomhole is not to be trusted, but he would be put in his place surely as the tempo of support for a Governor who has outperformed his eight years in office in only four years continues to increase.

Obaseki’s re-election is as sure as the word sure itself. We on ground in Edo know the score. The hungry, greedy & insatiable so called political leaders led by the ugly rogue Oshiomhole & few un-informed Lagos commentators should keep deceiving themselves. Hehehe even frog eye don humble & lose moral since dem tell am say unstable fake pastor & thief as he called him will never be used as an alternative to the performing Governor Obaseki. Obaseki 4 + 4 is a goal!!

Oga please let's keep our fingers crossed. June 22 is but a few days away.

However, if you know an iota of politics, you'd realise that Obaseki can not win a direct primary. He has so much alienated himself from party members.

Whether APC wins the general election is a matter for another day but what is certain is that obaseki will not win a direct primary election in Edo state.

As for Buhari's vaunted support, do try and ask Ambode and Akinlade (Amosun) how the thing be for bodi.

As for Obaseki, I think it is those that are enemies of APC that want him to triumph in this case. He has so much rubbished the Party on so many occasions that observers are wondering why he is now running from pillar to post within the Party. Remember that he rejected two reconciliation committees put in place by the Party, one led by the Senate President and the other led by the much respected Chief Bisi Akande.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by spirul77: 9:28am On Jun 05, 2020
[quote author=Esseite post=90327805]
I'm not interested in their fight but I'm against obaseki because of his poor performance as a governor, dude performed miserably below expectation, let's agree he refused to share money but the question is what did he do with EDO money? Which governor now boast that he is renovation of a college of education as achievement? Short roads that aren't up to 1km in ekpoma as achievement? No projects in EDO, nothing, just talk talk and talk, has signed hundreds of MOUs with nothing to show for it, travels to court investors but yet destroys the investment in his state because they are Owned by people who don't support his ambition, bombs oppositions houses, demolishes houses and business places, revokes c of o of oppositions, most of the roads tarred washed away by erosion, at this time a performing governor should be campaigning and listing his achievements as a governor but obaseki? Never, he would rather pay online praise singers, list his achievements here and I will list osunbors achievement for the few months he was a governor, most of you supporting obaseki are not supporting him because he worked but just for your hatred for oshiomhole.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by jrusky(m): 9:29am On Jun 05, 2020
Obidon1:
The mater is not settled yet and you are thanking them

Oh my God leave Ambode out of all these mess stop being dumb making a silly rhetoric statement Ambode this Ambode that bullshit face Obaseki-Oshio-Iyamu saga or just shut up I'm sick of seen Ambode name on this issue. Enough!!!

Looser is a Looser nothing like oh he put up a fight. You went to play football with another team and you are beaten blue black and you are damn talking about putting up a fight, who care about your looser fight? That language belong to a looser ok.

In as much I prefer Obaseki to whoever that ugly beast is supporting does not mean I should be making a demoted IQ syndrome statement.

Go out and vote for Obaseki if truly you and the edolite love him there is a way someone will be beaten even to rig the result would be impossible. Hope you remember how Wike demolished the apc vmchallenge in lasf election that even apc manipulated scammed card reader bullshit..can't manipulated the result because the gap is extremely huge so go out there and disgrace the beast.

Good day
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by jessevictor459: 9:32am On Jun 05, 2020
This man is stupid... All of them are claiming to be fighting for the people whilst is their pocket they fight for... They are all jealous of Oshiomole and the power he has acquired over time and they see obaseki as a stepping stone for their own greatness and the governor who is stupid is busy fighting a useless battle.. And come to talk of performance has obaseki performed more than Oshiomole? Obaseki a man who left out 14 members out of the 24 members of the house... If he truly loved the pple, in a democracy why shut out their reps...

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by Okiibe(m): 9:38am On Jun 05, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/edo-2020-idahosa-thanks-buhari-says-oshiomhole-cant-be-trusted/

The repeated phrase "Oshiomole cannot be trusted" statled me.
How can he say it repeatedly in this interview that the whole APC chairman, in the person of Adam Oshiomole cannot be trusted?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by ogbonti: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2020
if you win a match because the owner of the team you play for is the referee - on game day, where is your satisfaction as a good player and team

worthy of the victory? if you pass an exam in flying colors because your mother was the chief invigilator on exam day and provided all expo for

you to pass, where is the feeling of exceptional performance when you see your result? if you buy a stolen car for 1/1,000th of the original

factory price, how satisfied will you be that you achieved the title of a car owner?

SAME - if Oshiomole knows he is a great politician and jagaban of edo state politics - and wants the full title to be given him without contest,

let him recuse himself from the process of writing the results and go campaign for Ize- Iyamu to test his own popularity in Edo state....

HOW CAN YOU MARK YOUR OWN EXAM ANSWER SHEET AND FAIL? AND WHEN YOU PASS - DOES THAT MEAN YOU ARE BRILLIANT?

nansense - I do not even know why this is an issue. In a sane society - Oshiomole should have recused himself from the process since

January of this year - and support Ize-Iyamu as a private party member who has no direct influence in writing the result of the primary!
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by osaspotorico: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2020
ebenhazard:
This one na mumu oo
shutup punk,what do u know?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by samdaisi: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2020
If i am obaseki this matter is very easy for me with the rising cases of covid 19 in the state there is no way Ithe government will allowed direct system of voting in the primary election. All I need do is to increase the numbers to over one thousand before that day and call for a partial lockdown.
Then let me see how oshos and his gang will bring out all the APC members in the state to come and vote.

I can see that this man can't differentiate btw direct and indirect primary election.
mind you in direct primary election you don't need to go beyond your vicinity and cast your vote.
while indirect primary election all the delegate have to travel with covid 419 infection and lodge in hotel first before moving to schedule place in the state capital where the perilous disease will begin to share

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by simigold: 10:25am On Jun 05, 2020
Even those fighting the governor under the acronym of Edo Peoples Movement (EPM) led by Oshiomhole have not accused him of non- performance. The only allegation they leveled against him was that he is not giving them money to share.

This is such a daft statement from a daft man. How can someone level allegation of not "sharing money" (tax payers' money)

Is this a joke or something? The level of IQ of some people are just dangerously incredible.
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by omofranyoung(m): 11:02am On Jun 05, 2020
All these key pads warriors commenting on issues they know nothing about....should allow Edo people handle their issues
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by Ruggedpen: 11:43am On Jun 05, 2020
Comedian2019:
If Edo people want to remain Oshio's slaves for life, how is that our problem?
What got me laughing is this statement: "The only allegation they leveled against him was that he is not giving them money to share." grin
Naija politics
but that has always been their allegation against him.
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by allstarfestus: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Why you carry edo matter for head..., just bcoz of one Derica of rice fool
ebenhazard:
This one na mumu oo
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by adekolaelect(m): 12:40pm On Jun 05, 2020
phransix2:
If we can do away with godfatherism maybe Nigeria will get better...
start by killing all your fathers and their gods . nowhere where there is no godfather but start by killing yours .

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lol.. Charley Temple grin grin
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by Proudlytips: 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
ok
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by bashcares(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
Ambode was not a coward, he fought till the last day... Didn't he contest for the primaries but was unlucky, but I believe the party members that voted sanwoolu can see the results of their exam...
No be the same Lagos we dey,any major improvement ���

crispus09:
this fight is going to make sense a lot,though obaseki might not win re-election but I'm happy he ain't caword like Ambode.
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by bashcares(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2020
Don't mind them, all these ppl shouting ambode... didn't he contest for the primaries but lost his ticket then he accepted the results...
I believe you can see all the policies that was created by ambode are been reversed by sanwoolu just to show you his level of hatred towards him....

I really commend obaseki for trying to contest under the same party, June 22 is not far...let the best candidate win.

If Edo ppl like they should still go ahead and support the short man...na Dem go enjoy the jollof...

jrusky:

Oh my God leave Ambode out of all these mess stop being dumb making a silly rhetoric statement Ambode this Ambode that bullshit face Obaseki-Oshio-Iyamu saga or just shut up I'm sick of seen Ambode name on this issue. Enough!!!

Looser is a Looser nothing like oh he put up a fight. You went to play football with another team and you are beaten blue black and you are damn talking about putting up a fight, who care about your looser fight? That language belong to a looser ok.

In as much I prefer Obaseki to whoever that ugly beast is supporting does not mean I should be making a demoted IQ syndrome statement.

Go out and vote for Obaseki if truly you and the edolite love him there is a way someone will be beaten even to rig the result would be impossible. Hope you remember how Wike demolished the apc vmchallenge in lasf election that even apc manipulated scammed card reader bullshit..can't manipulated the result because the gap is extremely huge so go out there and disgrace the beast.

Good day
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by haqun: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2020
phransix2:
If we can do away with godfatherism maybe Nigeria will get better...
Unfortunately we can't not only in Nigeria fatherism in politics is all over the world

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by SirBunky85(m): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2020
crispus09:
this fight is going to make sense a lot,though obaseki might not win re-election but I'm happy he ain't caword like Ambode.
what is obaseki doing dat ambode didn't do?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by crispus09(m): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
SirBunky85:
what is obaseki doing dat ambode didn't do?

Ambode bowed later he didnt fight to last he was so afraid of tinubu mercenaries,he didnt even invoke power of incubency as a sitting governor,I guess he tried to be a gentle man
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by duwdu: 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
emkz:
Support Obaseki openly and strategize with his opponent in secret. Obaseki is too naive and more members of his cabinet shall resign in the buildup to June 22. As Ayodele Ozugbakun of TVC put it yesterday, he begs and then brags. A good war general does not issue threats, he springs surprises, which is what Oshiomole has learnt.

Isn't it curious Philip Shaibu, Obaseki's deputy, has been silent while Obaseki and his foot-soldiers are making noise like loose canons? I won't be surprised Philip is negotiating a safe landing.

PS: Though Oshiomole is very controlling, aggressive and garrulous, he is not Obaseki's problem. Obaseki made Oshiomole his problem. Obaseki's fundamental problems are the 14 elected lawmakers he refused to inaugurate and the state party leaders he refused to acknowledge, probably because he reasoned running a state is a sole proprietorship, it is actually a political partnership. This was also Ambode's fundamental mistake. Tinubu could have forgiven him and allowed him to run, but the footsoldiers who determine the tide of elections would have worked against him thereby sacrificing his position as their leader. So I would re-echo to Obaseki the same advise I gave Oshiomole when he was being irritatingly garrulous last year: talk less and strategize more. Oshiomole does not the clout of an Anenih in Edo State politics and if you can convince state party leaders to support you, you don't need Oshiomole's endorsement. Therefore, go and make a pact with state party leaders and state legislators to negotiate a second term. You need Ize-Iyamu because of his grassroots base. Pius Odubu as well and Chris Ogienwoyi are forces in Edo politics since the last ten years. If you play the cards well, they can step down for you and give you their structures. It is not called begging, but lobbying the key decision makers to grant you your wishes. People have companies lobbying politicians in the United States for favourable legislation and even defence contracts. Also note that Tinubu and Buhari cannot instruct Oshiomole to support you or not to and Oshiomole would listen to them, he'd lose face and political capital. Same way, Oshiomole cannot instruct Ize-Iyamu, Ogienwoyi, Odubu or 14 house of assembly members to support you, and they'd listen. All politicians have their interests and would not serve a single politician's interests. In this light, no politician would sacrifice their ambitions for another politician if there is nothing to gain or compensation for them. I wish you well, but with the way you are going and with politicians like Idahosa talking carelessly, you are making your case worse and may be forced to throw in the towel. Just as the fundamental currency of the INEC chairman is integrity and track-record of successes, the currency of a politician is a strong support base; lose it and lose everything.

If I was your relative, I'd tell you to gather what is left of your integrity and don't continue this fight. The enemies are too much and are baying for your political blood. If you lose this fight, that would be the end of your political career and forget about any board appointment by any company in Nigeria or abroad because your political inexperience would be used to adjudge your sense of professional judgement. Try and recall Mohammed Lawal, DSP Alamieyeseigha, Oserheimen Osunbor, Celestine Omeiha and Akinwumi Ambode. Circumstances were different, but the end result was the same.

This is a well-reasoned write up. Thanks for posting.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by duwdu: 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
seanfer:

Bro can I ask you a question? Can you separate Politics from Godfatherism and Cabals? My advise will be if you know you don’t want to be stooge to anyone then don’t ride on the horse of God fathers.

This is one very sensible advise.

P34c3
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by duwdu: 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
ogbonti:
if you win a match because the owner of the team you play for is the referee - on game day, where is your satisfaction as a good player and team

worthy of the victory? if you pass an exam in flying colors because your mother was the chief invigilator on exam day and provided all expo for

you to pass, where is the feeling of exceptional performance when you see your result? if you buy a stolen car for 1/1,000th of the original

factory price, how satisfied will you be that you achieved the title of a car owner?

SAME - if Oshiomole knows he is a great politician and jagaban of edo state politics - and wants the full title to be given him without contest,

let him recuse himself from the process of writing the results and go campaign for Ize- Iyamu to test his own popularity in Edo state....

HOW CAN YOU MARK YOUR OWN EXAM ANSWER SHEET AND FAIL? AND WHEN YOU PASS - DOES THAT MEAN YOU ARE BRILLIANT?

nansense - I do not even know why this is an issue. In a sane society - Oshiomole should have recused himself from the process since

January of this year - and support Ize-Iyamu as a private party member who has no direct influence in writing the result of the primary!

See self-induced frustration and "painment," lol.

P34c3
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by ogbonti: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
duwdu:

See self-induced frustration and "painment," lol.

P34c3

On the contrary Sir, I am ONLY here on nairaland for fun and just to follow what’s going on in Nigeria - for over 23 years now and counting - Everything Nigeria is a liability to me not an asset because I do not make a dollar from Nigeria - I only send money there —— I do not live in Nigeria —— I was only born in Nigeria - so if Oshiomole and Buhari likes, let them burn down the country - it’s really non of ma fv ccking business - YOU CANT GET PAINED BY WHATS NOT AFFECTING MAKING YOUR MONEY OR HOW YOU LIVE - so if it’s the online argument that’s bothering you - I humbly concede — you win Sir - your victim medal is on the way grin Ese pupo
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by SirBunky85(m): 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
crispus09:

Ambode bowed later he didnt fight to last he was so afraid of tinubu mercenaries,he didnt even invoke power of incubency as a sitting governor,I guess he tried to be a gentle man
what has obaseki done dat ambode didnt do?must ambode attack tinubu before u know he's no coward?nawao
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by osazsky(m): 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2020
crispus09:

Why did you call me an hypocrite,its obvious you dont know what to say or type hence your brain just process trash and let it out without filtering it.
stop typing from Jo's go and watch ur osun broadcasting service it will help u get some education
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by duwdu: 12:54am On Jun 06, 2020
ogbonti:

On the contrary Sir, I am ONLY here on nairaland for fun and just to follow what’s going on in Nigeria - for over 23 years now and counting - Everything Nigeria is a liability to me not an asset because I do not make a dollar from Nigeria - I only send money there —— I do not live in Nigeria —— I was only born in Nigeria - so if Oshiomole and Buhari likes, let them burn down the country - it’s really non of ma fv ccking business - YOU CANT GET PAINED BY WHATS NOT AFFECTING MAKING YOUR MONEY OR HOW YOU LIVE - so if it’s the online argument that’s bothering you - I humbly concede — you win Sir - your victim medal is on the way grin Ese pupo

Please check the original post in the following thread; I hope you can see its relevance to what you're writing? If not, then it's all good. No offense or pun intended.

https://www.nairaland.com/5783095/opinion-really-want-ex-know

Good luck!

P34c3
Re: Edo 2020: Idahosa Thanks Buhari, Says Oshiomhole Can’t Be Trusted by surgical: 6:28am On Jun 06, 2020
seanfer:
See the face of one of those advising Obaseki. It shows that they’ve not learnt anything from the crises they’re in. This man is jealous of Oshiomhole’s achievement and that’s the reason they’re misleading Obaseki against his benefactor.
what benefactor,edo is the property of oshiomole that he can use for benevolent act better get that fact Mr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Visits Former President IBB In Minna (Photo) / Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) / Return Of The Abducted Dapchi Schoolgirls: PDP Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.