Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad (13085 Views)

How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) / Why Do People Start Up Business After Their Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by dayokanu(m): 1:04am On Jan 25, 2011
Any ideas?
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 26, 2011
Gboliwe:

Is it just in the US? Please lets broaden it a bit to accomodate Nigeria as well. I'l definitely benefit from opinions

Good o! I beg not just Nigeria,it should accommodate all Nigerians planning to start business anywhere in the world,because I am in Australia and truely need to start my own stuff too.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by victorazy(m): 12:14pm On Jan 26, 2011
Exporting young ladies abroad for money husling can be a good business you know?
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by mbulela: 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2011
Ozin:

Good o! I beg not just Nigeria,it should accommodate all Nigerians planning to start business anywhere in the world,because I am in Australia and truely need to start my own stuff too.
hair salon is a profitable business that most blacks have not explored in Australia.
Their is paucity of salons (either male or female) that cater for black hair.
research a good location with concentration of blacks, charge low (as you would be competing against non consumption initially),make it exclusive (black hair only), make sure the hair service is very good but do not add unnecessary extras for a start and grow from there.

don't consider any import/export business.
the distance is a huge disadvantage and ancillary services are not as common as in europe/naija axis.

also, remember that the black community is not as affluent as you have in europe or america.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by FBS: 12:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
*Subscribing*
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Laura202: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
Shy-One:

Also - I have connected my business here in the U.S. with my fiancee's business in Lagos - we are now connected and will have websites up and running as well. He does similar area work - he is in graphics, training, leadership, audio/video presentation - I am word processsing, software training, teaching, leadership, edt/proof, agent representation, audio/video representation - and other areas that generate, work with these items.

My business pulls U.S. Clients to Him and His Pulls Nigerian Clients to me - circular - and so far it has been "off the charts" good.

I live in Monrovia,Liberia. I do exactly the same business as you. I recently added training to my services and because of the peculiar nature of my environment i am thinking of doing some NGO seminars as well ( HIV/AIDS and teenage pregnancy).

I am currently talking to some big NGOs for financial assistance. I am not doing this for the money actually,i think it's my calling because i have a passion for counselling younger people especially girls.
I wnat to know if you do the training yourself or you hire facilitators.@ Shy-one
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Intrepid1(m): 12:36pm On Jan 26, 2011
Soccer Academy, Sell one player to Manchester City and retire!!! grin grin grin
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Ninapha(f): 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2011
for those asking around Nigeria. I think catering/ decoration is a good business especially for the ladies though in my own case i am into full event management. Photography is another good area and if one can be patient to undergo training on catering, decoration and photograpy it would be an added advantage.

it requires setting a standard and professionalism and u have all the referals once u are hooked.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2011
mbulela:

hair salon is a profitable business that most blacks have not explored in Australia.
Their is paucity of salons (either male or female) that cater for black hair.
research a good location with concentration of blacks, charge low (as you would be competing against non consumption initially),make it exclusive (black hair only), make sure the hair service is very good but do not add unnecessary extras for a start and grow from there.

don't consider any import/export business.
the distance is a huge disadvantage and ancillary services are not as common as in europe/naija axis.

also, remember that the black community is not as affluent as you have in europe or america.

Thank you very much for this advise.But in a situation where I dont know anything about a salon biz.Do u have any idea about starting up an Africa restaurant with strictly naija food with less pepper of course.Because I know some of my white friends who visit me love okro when mixed with stew and eaten with Semolina.Most ask for that whenever they plan to come for dinner
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2011
Intrepid!:

Soccer Academy,  Sell one player to Manchester City and retire!!! grin grin grin

You too much I beg!!!
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Intrepid1(m): 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
You too much I beg!!!

Yes boss! You can be my first student, We go sell you give Bolton or Blackpool, How old you be, sef? grin wink
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by gpisflying: 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2011
There are alot of businesses one can startup abroad.i just read an interview about 2 nigerians in canada doing pretty good. http://thecreativeafricans.com/category/video-interviews-with-african-born-entrepreneurs/
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by gpisflying: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by LoveKing(m): 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2011
Intrepid!:

Soccer Academy, Sell one player to Manchester City and retire!!! grin grin grin

How can it take off abroad, how much funding needed to start, whats involved?
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by jeremiahb(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2011
In the UK, if you have the money then the best business to go into is the Child Care or Nursery.

Most parents spend a fortune of child care, nanny or babysitter.

If you are even qualified its even better
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by asscend: 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2011
Ozin:

Thank you very much for this advise.But in a situation where I dont know anything about a salon biz.Do u have any idea about starting up an Africa restaurant with strictly naija food with less pepper of course.Because I know some of my white friends who visit me love okro when mixed with stew and eaten with Semolina.Most ask for that whenever they plan to come for dinner

As long as you can cook; you can set it up.  

However i don't know the local laws there but you can find out from your local province.

Rent a shop and convert it into a Resturant or take away shop.  

You can also cook from home and supply for events.  

From what you said the people like your food; you can have that as your special dish.

Don't forget to do your costing and check availability of what you need.

Dont limit it to the black people only as they are still few compared to parts of Europe and America.  Enlarge your coast and grow your food business.  The chinese never limited their food to themselves only, the rest of the world has come to embrace it.

Australians like food, that i know, they have a good climate to grow food and they make the use of it.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by asscend: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2011
LoveKing:

How can it take off abroad, how much funding needed to start, whats involved?

Just discover an outstanding talent and show case him to them- they will go for him. while you smile to the bank as an agent. Oh dont forget to get your licence as a Fifa football agent. The cost please find that out on Fifa website.

All the best and i look forward to hearing your name as the one that sold a better Maradonna to Man city.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by SOPRANO(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
[b][/b]

Business Ideas In U.S:

1) Franchise: (7-11, Mcdonalds, Subway, Panera Bread)- Most banks will loan you the franchise fee if you have a good proposal and location

2) Tow-Truck: Start-up cost is about $10k -$15K (you do not have to drive it, just set-up a lot, hire driver, and dispatch center which can be done from home) easy money and low bond-cost

3) Cleaning business: Low start up cost, look for office contracts-get bonded and hire spanish pple: you just have to monitor their performance and check for tardiness

4) Mentoring and tutoring: Lots of government grants especially if you cater to low-income families and minorities (hire smart high school kids (they preffer it than wrking at mickey D)for tutoring your clients; pay them $1 above minimum wage and they will want to work overtime,  grin grin

Note: Day Care is good, but watch out for law-suits, and their bond rate is higher.

Business Idea In Nigeria:

1) Hauling: by far the most profitable with less headaches: start with a truck, GPS or any tracking device to track your driver and u will smile to the bank  grin grin grin[b][/b]
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by mbulela: 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2011
Ozin:

this is the easiest idea that Nigerians and blacks have considered in Aussie.
yet it has failed repeatedly.
the reasons are these;
the black community is not affluent enough to form a base from which to launch an african restaurant and attract other races.
2ndly, the distance from africa is too far to enable you source african ingredients at a rate where economies of scale will make a difference to your cost structure.
3rdly resturant biz is big in Australia,so you almost have to start big to break even.

Do not be dismayed,it is possible but it is not as easy as it looks as many have gone that route unprepared.

Your white friends will love to eat Nigerian food but it would have to be in a classy restaurant as eating out is a major part of their daily living there.
a buka will not work.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by mbulela: 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
one correction;
one way buka style will work is if you get a spot in a campus cafeteria.
the indian delis do it and it works for most of them.
cost is low and market is assured.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by MaJBlige(f): 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2011
LOL.

Look at people who ordinarily want to think they know d best. Cant even come up with ideas for business in America. LOL.

I wonder.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Intrepid1(m): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2011
Just discover an outstanding talent and show case him to them- they will go for him. while you smile to the bank as an agent. Oh dont forget to get your licence as a Fifa football agent. The cost please find that out on Fifa website.

All the best and i look forward to hearing your name as the one that sold a better Maradonna to Man city.

Yes boss!
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by toyemz(f): 4:24pm On Jan 26, 2011
become a personal buyer
i do this in UK
loads of Nigerians come to buy things
some have no idea where you can get good deals
scout the internet for such places or sites
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by Intrepid1(m): 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2011
LOL.

Look at people who ordinarily want to think they know d best. Cant even come up with ideas for business in America. LOL.

I wonder.

Who let Florence Ita-Giwa on this thread? angry grin wink kiss
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by 1honeybee: 4:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
toyemz:

become a personal buyer
i do this in UK
loads of Nigerians come to buy things
some have no idea where you can get good deals
scout the internet for such places or sites

ehnmm, so u buy for them and they pay u? undecided
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by haboosa(m): 4:56pm On Jan 26, 2011
this is an interesting topic smiley smiley
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by jerryben12: 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
Facebook wasn't the first to start a social networking site. Myspace was there long before. What makes you thrive in a place where are lots of competition is distinction.
**ebusiness is a go for everyone** Own a website and drive customers to your site. I have assisted people in owning their websites and meeting their passions. Your website is the face of your business today.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by MMM2(m): 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
drug business or 419
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by buzugee(m): 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2011
let me tell you a business that can net you millions in a year but you need
1, a trusted white friend
2, small training.

ok a nigerian woman does this in chicago and every week she uses u haul truck to load her money to the bank  grin grin

here we go
1, go to those nursing schools and learn to be what they call an LPN
2, get some money together and rent somewhere. buy all the equipment that you used in your lpn training and stock this place up
3, get a white business partner (prefarably a nurses aide or lpn)
4, build a huge network with fresh of the boat female foreigners (especially africans)
5, establish a school on your premises where you teach them how to be a CNA (you charge them for this)
6, have your white friend go to all the hospices, hospitals, nursing homes, retirement centres, VA centres, private clinics etc in your area to inform them that you supply CNA, nurses aided and LPN
7, have a database of all your students and then send them to all these places as requested
8, rent a u haul truck to load your millions into the bank
9, buy a small mansion in beverly hills
10 retire
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by femmy2010(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2011
Crematory is another viable one.
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by naijacutee(f): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2011
I don't know where in the US you are, but the impression I get is that transportation is an issue, thus most people should own a car.

How about starting up a taxi business? In the current economic climate, I'm sure there are a lot of people who own cars, but who have no jobs. Could you start up a taxi company signing up cabbies ( also checking what the legal requirements are, and helping your potential cabbies fulfill them).

Potential cabbies pay a monthly registration fee to you, and you as an office/company can find them work. They are self-employed, so they sort out their own taxes - no tax headache on your part outside your own income.

Your company fixes prices on destinations and take a percentage of all their income. Your booking office books their journeys for them, so there is no 'ojoro' there.

All you need is a well-lit office near a train station (where you are sure trains run at night) = Customers Galore!
Re: Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad by buzugee(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
naijacutee:

I don't know where in the US you are, but the impression I get is that transportation is an issue, thus most people should own a car.

How about starting up a taxi business? In the current economic climate, I'm sure there are a lot of people who own cars, but who have no jobs. Could you start up a taxi company signing up cabbies ( also checking what the legal requirements are, and helping your potential cabbies fulfill them).

Potential cabbies pay a monthly registration fee to you, and you as an office/company can find them work. They are self-employed, so they sort out their own taxes - no tax headache on your part outside your own income.

Your company fixes prices on destinations and take a percentage of all their income. Your booking office books their journeys for them, so there is no 'ojoro' there.

All you need is a well-lit office near a train station (where you are sure trains run at night) = Customers Galore!

taxi business in america is controlled by the jewish and russian mafia. unless of course you have $200,000 to pay for a medallion and thats only for 1 taxi. so if you want to own 10 taxis, you need 2 million dollars for 10 medallions. price of 10 cars. another 100,000 dollars. so you need 2.1 million dollars to start a taxi bidness with 10 cabs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With 1,200,000 Which Legit Business Can I Start In Ibadan / Portugal, Others Buy Nigerian Crude Oil First Time / Inventions That Can Make You Rich (both In Nigeria And Abroad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.