Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger (3896 Views)

From Being Probed By The HR Of Her Office To Surprise Proposal (photos) / Birthday Wishes: Somebody Should Surprise Me / Look Through:your Boobs Surprise Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by EDIJ: 10:18am On Jan 26, 2011
Dear All, i really would like to have your opinion(s) and pieces of advice. I love my girlfriend so much and we have been dating for about a year. The relationship has been good thus far. She actually thinks i am a special person. I am not like the normal guy, i made up my mind to marry the person that will be my girlfriend. Meaning i had prayed and planned to date only once. Hence, i took my time to be very careful in choosing a girlfriend. My girlfriend is nice and very loving. I am a cool guy who could do anything for anyone i am in love with. Our relationship is long distance for now but soon we hope to be in the same city. Honestly, we have had a very nice time these past few months and she actually knows i have plans to marry her. The truth is that she even wants marriage to happen sooner than i thought. Being the only person working, i have been making most of the calls (naturally, i guess) but lately, now that she's on a scheme that allows her to make free calls to me all day, it appears she isn't disposed to calling me as often as i did afterall. Lately, i note that she is capable of getting angry easily. Although, i have always believed she's on the subtle side. Somehow, after 12 months of dating, she snapped at me for the very first time simply because i have been constantly (not intentionally) asking about the wellbeing of one of her family members with whom she's had a quarrel and with whom i would want her to reconcile, she snapped using words that suggests to me that she doesn't respect me. The question i asked did not in my mind warrant such reaction from her. I am a guy but i have never spoken like that before to her and would never imagine expressing my disapproval to her using such language. I was surprised at her reaction and she knows because i wasn't expecting her to talk to me (after all i have done for our relationship) in the manner she did considering the question i asked. Now she's been drawing back from me a little because of the episode, reason being that she didn't like the fact that i acted "surprised" when she snapped. Her arguement was that she was only expressing her feelings.

Guys, i love this girl but i am a very peace loving person. I don't like people who get angry easily and i just note that this is the only "but" in my relationship. Anytime i call after the episode, she speaks in monosyallbles. If anyone should really be angry in the circumstance, i think i should be the one and not her so i do not know why she's acting up because i was surprised that she could snap at me in the manner she did ( i mean, that would be the very first time). She hardly calls me when she says she'd call me back after i have called and we couldn't conclude on a discussion (despite that she's on a free call scheme). In one word! i feel like i am being taken for granted by a person i love so much, it hurts bad and i have also decided to withdraw a little to see what's up( i actually find this very hard to do). Please let me have your views and experiences if any. Thanks
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by 190: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2011
**Wipes head with hankerchief inside Minus 7 degree**
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by Kellymario: 11:07am On Jan 26, 2011
MY friend, i really do understand what you are going through right now but you know that is the problem with some girls, I will advice you give her a break- i mean let her be for some time now that she is even withdrawing from you . If she comes back with remorse on her face, accept her back but if she doesn't, let her go.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 26, 2011
could be she is taking you for granted.give her breathing space to shake her up your dear gal is feeling overly loved and feels she can get away with anything with you.since you value her so much u need to check her excesses and let her know wat is acceptable to you and what is not.

Pull back big time and start doing things you enjoy.Deliberately refuse to call her for sometime let her work for you too,bet you if she is the one for you she"ll come running.Meanwhile never make yourself overpleaser in the rship again.try not to overdo the pull back thing sha.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by Madukaele(m): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2011
u said u r d 1 dat should b anger so she is anger with u cos u refused 2 b angre. take it or leave it. dats d truth
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by Ournaija: 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2011
andromida:

could be she is taking you for granted.give her breathing space to shake her up your dear gal is feeling overly loved and feels she can get away with anything with you.since you value her so much u need to check her excesses and let her know wat is acceptable to you and what is not.

Pull back big time and start doing things you enjoy.Deliberately refuse to call her for sometime let her work for you too,bet you if she is the one for you she"ll come running.Meanwhile never make yourself overpleaser in the rship again.try not to overdo the pull back thing sha.

The above has said it all.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by samsaro: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2011
i will you advice to also get angry maybe she;ll come back to her senses[/color]
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2011
EDIJ:

Dear All, i really would like to have your opinion(s) and pieces of advice. I love my girlfriend so much and we have been dating for about a year. The relationship has been good thus far. She actually thinks i am a special person. I am not like the normal guy, i made up my mind to marry the person that will be my girlfriend. Meaning i had prayed and planned to date only once. Hence, i took my time to be very careful in choosing a girlfriend. My girlfriend is nice and very loving. I am a cool guy who could do anything for anyone i am in love with. Our relationship is long distance for now but soon we hope to be in the same city. Honestly, we have had a very nice time these past few months and she actually knows i have plans to marry her. The truth is that she even wants marriage to happen sooner than i thought. Being the only person working, i have been making most of the calls (naturally, i guess) but lately, now that she's on a scheme that allows her to make free calls to me all day, it appears she isn't disposed to calling me as often as i did afterall. Lately, i note that she is capable of getting angry easily. Although, i have always believed she's on the subtle side. Somehow, after 12 months of dating, she snapped at me for the very first time simply because i have been constantly (not intentionally) asking about the wellbeing of one of her family members with whom she's had a quarrel and with whom i would want her to reconcile, she snapped using words that suggests to me that she doesn't respect me. The question i asked did not in my mind warrant such reaction from her. I am a guy but i have never spoken like that before to her and would never imagine expressing my disapproval to her using such language. I was surprised at her reaction and she knows because i wasn't expecting her to talk to me (after all i have done for our relationship) in the manner she did considering the question i asked. Now she's been drawing back from me a little because of the episode, reason being that she didn't like the fact that i acted "surprised" when she snapped. Her arguement was that she was only expressing her feelings.

Guys, i love this girl but i am a very peace loving person. I don't like people who get angry easily and i just note that this is the only "but" in my relationship. Anytime i call after the episode, she speaks in monosyallbles. If anyone should really be angry in the circumstance, i think i should be the one and not her so i do not know why she's acting up because i was surprised that she could snap at me in the manner she did ( i mean, that would be the very first time). She hardly calls me when she says she'd call me back after i have called and we couldn't conclude on a discussion (despite that she's on a free call scheme). In one word! i feel like i am being taken for granted by a person i love so much, it hurts bad and i have also decided to withdraw a little to see what's up( i actually find this very hard to do). Please let me have your views and experiences if any. Thanks

Seriously (no offense) . . . . how old are you undecided

Do you seriously expect you guys to date/marry without having any sort of misunderstanding?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by EDIJ: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2011
@UJujoan, Thanks for taking time out to write on this. How Old am i? Well, i am old enough to have worked for four years (after uni). For your information, we have had misunderstandings severally in the past and we have handled each one in a matured way. But this time, my girlfriend, like never before, snapped at me as if i was a nobody. I am not one of those who believe that a relationship would always be rosy, but i sure believe that the way and manner we express our disapparoval(s) especially to a loved one matters a whole lot. It's just like a wife pulling out a knife all in the name of " a normal or expected misunderstanding".
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2011
EDIJ:

fuk her in the arse she will behave proper
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by deniyor: 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
1. You decided to have one and only one relatonship in your life and you chose a long distance one? You are a joker!
2. Long distance relationships characterized by phone calls etc make it easy to mask one's feelings, actions and reactions. You see that anger you are surprised at? that is her personality. SHe has been able to hide it all this time. That was just a momentary slip. May or may not happen again.
3. The real reason for the anger is frustration. She is getting bored of all the call only type of relationship. Your relationship lifetime is panning out with her. You can tell by the fact she wouldn't even call you when it was all free for her to do so. Were you expecting she will all over you with a phone cos she has the ability to
4. She may be tolerating you only cos you are working, and sponging off you a little. Maybe not at first, but right now. Money or not, Working or not, you should always give people a chance to show their love and commitment to you. Dont make up excuses for them and decide to show all the love on your side cos of circumstances. abi you think your gf don't call other people ni? - including other guys.

goodluck with what is left of your relationship with your perfect selection
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by mcnikes(m): 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2011
Dude, i have One advice for you, MAN UP!.
Stop licking her .a.s.s.
You've got 2 balls man, don't just sit on them. use 'em.
Then she'll know who the man is. But if she decides to leave, fine.
Go get another.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by duality(m): 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
@op, the love is going cold. Take things slow and u'll see clearly. Learn from this and never kill that loving personality in you. If you do trust me, you will win.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by degubi(m): 4:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
You want to get married? This are the character traits you will find offensive in the people you care about and how you deal with it will show your preparedness to settle down. People tend to abuse what comes freely to them so you may need to hold back and cool down on things a little though i know this may be hard because of the depth of your love. Some times its just good to let people be and stop shadowing them, because the way they treat you may rub off negatively if you are not strong enough mentally.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by deema(f): 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2011
@op
seriously i know aw u feel. Infact it is kind of normal in most relationships. U GET PISSED OFF ONCE IN A WHILE AND TAKE IT OUT ON YOUR PARTNER. I think u should give er time and let er cool. u will experience more of this later in the relationship. give er time and ler her know aw u felt wen she used such words at u. if she loves u she will respect ur request.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by Basildon1(m): 5:44pm On Jan 26, 2011
For her to snap at you this time, it's obvious that she has not suddenly gone crazy. She has you all sized up and has just been tolerating ur spineless behavior. Get this straight - women dont like guys that suck up to them!

Respect and treat her right but grow a spine quickly. She shouted on you and you couldnt bring her to order!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beginning To Surprise Me- Anger by MMM2(m): 6:06pm On Jan 26, 2011
don't worry dis is testing time she is just testing ur luv . Ope u pass her exams.

(1) (Reply)

I Am In A Complicated Dilemma In Need Of Help From Matured Minds Only / "Can Sex Make A Man Surrender"....? / Annoyying Girls Actions That Guys Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.