Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:46 PM

Nigerian Women And Abortion - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women And Abortion (9909 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by liberalchick(f): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
DeckXavier:
So how are men to be held responsible before and after the pregnancy? I want to know if you've got something to say that sassysure hasn't said.
You’ve missed a few steps, we to go all the way back. We have to catch them young, in their adolescence (10-19). A series of comprehensive sex education and responsibility. Actions have consequences, safe sex, consent, being respectful of people’s bodies etc.

Laws, laws, laws and they should be enforced!! Nothing sets a human straight than consequences.

DeckXavier:
what about men who'll provide for the kid but have nothing to do with the child emotionally?
You can’t compel emotions not even from a two parent household.

A child still has financial needs if he can’t get the emotional one he/she shouldn’t also lose out financially.

However, an organized society seeks to have systems in place to provide the emotional needs of a child.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
[quote author=liberalchick post=90820583]
You’ve missed a few steps, we to go all the way back. We have to catch them young, in their adolescence (10-19). A series of comprehensive sex education and responsibility. Actions have consequences, safe sex, consent, being respectful of people’s bodies etc.

Laws, laws, laws and they should be enforced!! Nothing sets a human straight than consequences.[/quote] they'll only coerce a man to invest financially but not emotionally on the child, we both know kids need both otherwise we're creating a dysfunctional society. What happens when a man doesn't invest emotionally?
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
DeckXavier:
and girls still commit abortion? Lol.
Has it been proven that these ladies abort pregnancy for the fear of what the society will say?
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ariza:
Has it been proven that these ladies abort pregnancy for the fear of what the society will say?
lol, okay oo. grin
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
DeckXavier:
lol, okay oo. grin
Na ask I ask ooooo. In a country where baby Mama's and prostitutes are very common, I just want to know ni.

People still dey shame?
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pocohantas(f): 10:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
I don’t understand how everyone is saying same thing and somehow not agreeing.

grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin

Some people are trying to save face.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ariza:
Na ask I ask ooooo. In a country where baby Mama's and prostitutes are very common, I just want to know ni.

People still dey shame?
times have changed, but the society hasn't changed much. Let everyone take preventive measures to curb this problem, the consequences are daring especially for women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pocohantas(f): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hathor5:

Some people are trying to save face.

Lol. I am confused o, we all seem to be saying the same thing na. Maybe the OP needs to redefine the thread for us.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
DeckXavier:
times have changed, but the society hasn't changed much. Let everyone take preventive measures to curb this problem, the consequences are daring especially for women.
This is the point we have been trying to make. It takes everyone's effort to stop this menace not some gender closing legs, knowing their system or keeping tabs on their monthly flows. grin . Any sane guy that doesn't want to be "pushed" into fatherhood will take precautions too.

It's not that difficult. Haha

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ariza:
This is the point we have been trying to make. It takes everyone's effort to stop this menace not some gender closing legs, knowing their system or keeping tabs on their monthly flows. grin . Any sane guy that doesn't want to be "pushed" into fatherhood will take precautions too.

I don't think people who had a view contrary to yours meant any harm, they only felt the female gender should take more precautions because they get to bear the brunt, not the man. I subscribe to their views, deny a man sex when he tries to do the stuff without condoms, simple as ABC. Women are gatekeepers of offspring, na she get final say, not the man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. I am confused o, we all seem to be saying the same thing na. Maybe the OP needs to redefine the thread for us.

Have we agreed that everyone is responsible for their sexuality now?

I am happy with myself then. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ariza:

.....Why are most of you ladies like this?

Sis nobody is competing or saying that the guys should not be blamed but what we are talking about or saying is who bears the consequence more.

Like I asked earlier, which is easier for a lady?

1.. Taking precautions and being careful in order to avoid the irresponsible guys and actualise her full potentials or

2... Trying to compete or being at par with an irresponsible guy just to prove a point and end up wasting her life?

The topic is just an advice and some of you ladies turned it o a gender war.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pocohantas(f): 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hathor5:

I never knew this was in contest, hence my surprise. grin
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
DeckXavier:
I don't think people who had a view contrary to yours meant any harm, they only felt the female gender should take more precautions because they get to bear the brunt, not the man. I subscribe to their views, deny a man sex when he tries to do the stuff without condoms, simple as ABC. Women are gatekeepers of offspring, na she get final say, not the man.
Yes female should be careful. But they made it seem like it's all on the women alone. That was disturbing.

Anyways, I was expecting them to encourage ladies,young girls and women to be more financially, emotionally, mentally,morally and educationally emaciated. Because the truth is only a dependent, gullible and lazy lady can be manipulated and used to the extent of aborting severally for a guy all on the basis of relationship and promised Marriage. But no one mentioned that. Lol it is well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
pocohantas:

I never knew this was in contest, hence my surprise. grin

I was surprised too.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hathor5:

..Nne,you are making this look as if are fighting.

Yes,we all should try our best to teach our children both males and females how to be responsible in life.

The truth of the matter is thst after doing this,some will still go astray.

Let's be honest here,the girl child is still at a disadvantage in our society and ranting here will not solve the problems.

Let's all join together and raise more responsible children.

Finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Sis nobody is competing or saying that the guys should not be blamed but what we are talking about or saying is who bears the consequence more.

Like I asked earlier, which is easier for a lady?

1.. Taking precautions and being careful in order to avoid the irresponsible guys and actualise her full potentials or

2... Trying to compete or being at par with an irresponsible guy just to prove a point and end up wasting her life?

The topic is just an advice and some of you ladies turned it o a gender war.
Sir your number 2 does not even make sense to me, how is it an option?.

Anyways, you are a guy. I'd be a fool debating this topic with one.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
..Nne,you are making this look as if are fighting.

Yes,we all should try our best to teach our children both males and females how to be responsible in life.

The truth of the matter is thst after doing this,some will still go astray.

Let's be honest here,the girl child is still at a disadvantage in our society and ranting here will not solve the problems.

Let's all join together and raise more responsible children.

Finish

Finish. smiley
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ariza:
Sir your number 2 does not even make sense to me, how is it an option?.

Anyways, you are a guy. I'd be a fool debating this topic with one.
...Ok my dear.What of no 1. Please say something about it.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by LibChick: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Sis nobody is competing or saying that the guys should not be blamed but what we are talking about or saying is who bears the consequence more? .
The answer to that question is SOCIETY. You and I bear the consequences, we are the ones paying the price for unwanted children with NO access to resources, NO safety net, NO education.

Which do you think is better for our society? A collective effort or the mess we have now? Geez!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Its crazy you know, I know a lady that has committed nothing less than 5 abortions, 5 dead kids, may I never see myself in such situation cause I won't be able to live with myself after an abortion.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by cococandy(f): 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin

Like this right? grin

BUKATYNE

instead of them to insist the men buckle up and be sexually responsible and/chaste (which means the women also don't get to sleep about aka exercise their sexual liberation), it is to complain how the world is unfair and labeling women with a colourful sexual past

please isn’t this part of what others have been insisting on and you have been arguing against? Because women are affected most therefore the responsibility should be theirs?
Insisting on men buckling up and being sexually responsible is part of the prevention folks were talking about.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Westernlove: 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ariza:
If this is the case then why is no one really investigating on the cause and get to the Root of this. You know I so find Most Nigerians very shallow and hypocritical. If married woman engage in abortion more then how such women can condemn same act in others beats my imagination. Selective morality at work again isn't it?. Are they not endangering their lives too? Aren't they commiting murder too? Aren't they supposed to take responsibility of their sexual lives, calculate their flows, "get educated about their system" to avoid pregnancy like I'm read some ladies instruct on this thread. Lol But then Na single ladies enter trouble for 9ja.

That's not even where I'm going, My issue is why aren't women seeing the need to involve men in birth control. Why do they exclude men or Male child from sex education and taking responsibility? Why are Men not taught how to keep their bodies too?
Now this isn't feminism or equality reasoning it's just how any sane individual will reason. So far with all the morals and fear we all try to instill in the female child look at where it got us. When a society makes a specific gender the moral keeper and allow the other to live freely, then it is only a matter of time before morality is destroyed. It is either the free one corrupt the morally trained one or the latter lose strength or willingness to keep up. We create a fence and also create erosion in the same society and we expect flood free environment. We be jokers ! Bunch of jokers! grin.

Men should be held responsible for pregnancy just as women. It takes two to tangle, ovary and sperm to for embryo. You can't blame just one gender because she's the carrier. Then sex education and abstainance should be inculcated in both genders.

I applaud you for this master piece even though we do have our differences at times.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pocohantas(f): 12:00am On Jun 19, 2020
cococandy:

Like this right? grin

please isn’t this part of what others have been insisting on and you have been arguing against? Because women are affected most therefore the responsibility should be theirs?
Insisting on men buckling up and being sexually responsible is part of the prevention folks were talking about.

E weak me. Eye and brain come dey turn me sef.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by cococandy(f): 12:04am On Jun 19, 2020
pocohantas:

E weak me. Eye and brain come dey turn me sef.
many of us always believe there has to be two sides to every issue on NL. We versus Us.

Meanwhile this is a topic where that’s unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 12:07am On Jun 19, 2020
cococandy:

Like this right? grin

Please DO NOT twist my posts or lift them out of context to prove a point next time.

You are for sexual liberation which is fine. I have stated my position severally on this thread;

1. Men and women should be sexually chaste. This negates sexual liberation for both parties AND the view point that 'sex is just a physiological' need.

2. Women should take EXTRA precautions because they bear the brunt of sexual encounters gone awry pregnant wise. Some people suggested women study their bodies, others said no condom, no sex etc.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by cococandy(f): 12:09am On Jun 19, 2020
Literally quoted you. No added word.

Sorry it highlights the contraindications in your own posts.

bukatyne:

Please DO NOT twist my posts or lift them out of context to prove a point next time.

You are for sexual liberation which is fine. I have stated my position severally on this thread;

1. Men and women should be sexually chaste. This negates sexual liberation for both parties AND the view point that 'sex is just a physiological' need.

2. Women should take EXTRA precautions because they bear the brunt of sexual encounters gone awry pregnant wise. Some people suggested women study their bodies, others said no condom, no sex etc.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 12:20am On Jun 19, 2020
Westernlove:

I applaud you for this master piece even though we do have our differences at times.....
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 19, 2020
cheesy
cococandy:
cool

Obviously wasn’t a thread created to help or educate any woman.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Jun 19, 2020
pmoye:
Make no mistake, this is 100% about women, in case some start feeling the need to balance the gender here. .
Therein lies the problem. Society still thinks it's a women-only issue.

At a rate of about 4000 abortions per day, it is obvious that the Nigerian society is still quite comfortable talking through the corners of their mouths about morality and religions.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by MMotimo: 5:25am On Jun 19, 2020
Thanks to everyone on this thread stating that women are responsible for taking charge to ensure no unwanted pregnancies; emphasis on "unwanted" because we know there are women who will risk and even plan pregnancy for ulterior motives.

Even as a married woman, I am in charge of making sure precautions are in place because I have no wish to go through the hassles of pregnancy, daycare, etc again.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Need Your Opinions on my marriage / Chinese Vs Dog (2 Years-old Chinese Girl Ran Over By Cars ) / Should A Lady Marry A Man Who Is Jobless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.