Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,608 members, 7,861,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Nigerian Women And Abortion - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women And Abortion (9882 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
Op
Where did you get your statistics from?
100%
Imaginee
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
MoodyQueen:

From title to content!!!

It's so annoying and disgusting that you find it
easy to point fingers at only women when it's obvious they are not impregnating themselves.

Why are you not talking about your counterparts on a rampage and equally basking in the light of unprotected sex??

Two irresponsible people are involved in an unwanted pregnancies so how is it 100% women?

Even if the effects weights negatively against women, it still doesn't give you the right to create a thread claiming Nigerian women drives euphoria in getting an abortion.

Men are the ones rejoicing over a responsibility taken care of. Men are responsible for 90% of abortions not women.
Hey calm down. If I get pregnant today. It's my fault totally. Don't ever blame any man.

Unless the man raped you, u are 100% responsible for yourself. In fact 200%.

By the way, na you go carry belle, not man.
Na you go receive societal scorn, not man.
Na you go born with all the wahala, not man.
U go train pikin, not man.
When pikin grow as it's done in most tribes in Nigeria, man will come and carry pikin.
What did you gain?
That's penny wise pound foolish.
U destroyed your life and opportunities because you couldn't say no to a man who want to do it raw, if u want raw, u refused to learn about your body, or go for the harmless morning after pills or even contraceptives.

U people are still yet to learn.
Emotional tantrum will not stop you from being tagged a baby mama or killed in abortion office or have destroyed womb.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by missjo(f): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Nigerian single women are culturally restricted when it comes to sex?

In this same Nigeria?

Ok.

@bold:

I totally agree with you.
Your point please before I can respond smiley

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by missjo(f): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ningen:

Not entirely true.
Not when coercion and manipulation exists.
Lol, what do you mean by coercion and manipulation and how exactly does it impact my decision to not get pregnant when I don't want to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

Hey calm down. If I get pregnant today. It's my fault totally. Don't ever blame any man.

When pikin grow as it's done in most tribes in Nigeria, man will come and carry pikin.
What did you gain?
U destroyed your life and opportunities because you couldn't say no to a man who want to do it raw, if u want raw, u refused to learn about your body, or go for the harmless morning after pills or even contraceptives.

Emotional tantrum will not stop you from being tagged a baby mama or killed in abortion office or have destroyed womb.
....This is exactly what the op is saying.

We all know that we have so many irresponsible and stupid men out there,but is that the reason for a girl to also be irresponsible and keep opening her legs for him to jump in without protection?

Let's look at it logically
If she gets pregnant,she suffers it
If she dies during abortion,she is gone and get family lost out.
If there is complications during abortion,she bears the brunt.

Moodyqeen should just calm down and try to understand the op.

I think this post serves as an advice for our ladies to be more careful and know the dangers involved in living a reckless life with an irresponsible man.

All you said here is correct.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
missjo:

Your point please before I can respond smiley

I don't agree with your assertion that Nigerian women are sexually repressed culturally to the extent they can't protect themselves.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

What did you gain?

Now, you are been unfair and wicked. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

....But thats the truth
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....But thats the truth

I was just winning her cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

I was just winning her cheesy
...Yeah. I know.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Justbehave(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
MoodyQueen:

From title to content!!!

It's so annoying and disgusting that you find it
easy to point fingers at only women when it's obvious they are not impregnating themselves.

Why are you not talking about your counterparts on a rampage and equally basking in the light of unprotected sex??

Two irresponsible people are involved in an unwanted pregnancies so how is it 100% women?

Even if the effects weights negatively against women, it still doesn't give you the right to create a thread claiming Nigerian women drives euphoria in getting an abortion.

Men are the ones rejoicing over a responsibility taken care of. Men are responsible for 90% of abortions not women.
I never knew you are this empty. S mh
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....This is exactly what the op is saying.

We all know that we have so many irresponsible and stupid men out there,but is that the reason for a girl to also be irresponsible and keep opening her legs for him to jump in without protection?

Let's look at it logically
If she gets pregnant,she suffers it
If she dies during abortion,she is gone and get family lost out.
If there is complications during abortion,she bears the brunt.

Moodyqeen should just calm down and try to understand the op.

I think this post serves as an advice for our ladies to be more careful and know the dangers involved in living a reckless life with an irresponsible man.

All you said here is correct.
And we keep on getting hurt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

And we keep on getting hurt.
....That's it. I have a cousin that is this situation now.

Opened her legs and got preggy for one idiot who abandoned her and the baby for donkey years now.

She keeps coming to me for help and I'm even getting tired.

But she was warned before hand and she did not listen to any body.

Who is suffering it now,She offcourse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by missjo(f): 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

I don't agree with your assertion that Nigerian women are sexually repressed culturally to the extent they can't protect themselves.
I never said they can't, I implied it's harder. This is why I used the word 'embarrassed'.

Culturally, premarital sex still has taboo status. It's mostly forgivable for males but all hush hush when it comes to females. This is one reason why sexually-active single women may find it embarrassing walking into a pharmacy to get birth control patches, pills, or condoms.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
pmoye:
What exactly is the reason why Nigerian women are so much in love with abortion? It is so rampant that you get tempted to categorize abortion as another method of contraception. The funny thing is that most of these ladies involved are religious individuals... What exactly is going on?

And they always claim it is a mistake. There is no accident in having sex. You don't walk on the streets and suddenly slip and fall on a ready-to-fire di.ck. There's always a process involved in sex.

Make no mistake, this is 100% about women, in case some start feeling the need to balance the gender here.

If you're a single mother because of this-kind of mistake, then what a shame. Abortion and single-motherhood should never be a replacement for good sense.

Says the Oracle.

In love with abortion? In love? Are you ok?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Don't mind me.
Na vex
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

What did you gain?

Why do we complain about irresponsible men? Why would they be responsible if we absolve them from responsibility in the name of "the woman will suffer greater consequences"?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:
The truth is that majority of us don't know anything about how their system works.
Aside std, if u are not sure of how your system work, please go and buy CD yourself and keep at home. Inside that part of your handbag only you have access to.

All these schools nowadays don't teach girls preventive method.

I was introduced, educated on how to play safe in junior secondary by a gyneocologist that the state govt sent to girls school in my state then. It was like further maths then. Made no sense. By senior secondary, sharp babes started teaching us in dormitory. Before we left school we became pro at reading and understanding our individual cycles.
Today, that's what I rely on as a woman with a healthy sexual appetite.

Except std, u want to go raw, learn your body. Your partner should be the type that will accept no when u say u are not free.

But oir girls, the latest fashion, gossip, is what they prefer.
I haven't seen any post since I started using this site where girls teach themselves how billings method work. Rather, they are interested in buying postinor 2.
As for raw sex, it will continue till forever.
Why not educate yourself.

I took me not less than one yr monitoring my cycle and making mistakes to learn how to use it. I don't use any contraceptive. That book is every girl's bible.

Those who do sociology and or social work use that book.
Love and life ....By l mcsweeny. I don't know if I got it right.

Instead of ladies to take full responsibilities for themselves, it is to whine and compare themselves with guys.

Ok o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

Don't mind me.
Na vex

I am just pulling your legs o jare.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....That's it. I have a cousin that is this situation now.

Opened her legs and got preggy for one idiot who abandoned her and the baby for donkey years now.

She keeps coming to me for help and I'm even getting tired.

But she was warned before hand and she did not listen to any body.

Who is suffering it now,She offcourse.
I lost 2 people to quack abortion.

Two cool babes. The guys are busy enjoying their lives.
Women use your head, no.
He gives me money, he is caring.
He will marry me.
I will trap him with pregnancy.

And here we are.
We end up becoming bitter baby mamas or wives that are trapped the men who wouldnt have proposed in the first place if not for pregnancy. Guy will be showing you he don't want you and u are there forcing yourself on him cos you have his kid.
No dignity.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

I am just pulling your legs o jare.
I know, I just remembered a relative we lost due to abortion. It was horrible.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

I lost 2 people to quack abortion.

Two cool babes. The guys are busy enjoying their lives.
Women use your head, no.
He gives me money, he is caring.
He will marry me.
I will trap him with pregnancy.

And here we are.
We end up becoming bitter baby mamas or wives that are trapped the men who wouldnt have proposed in the first place if not for pregnancy. Guy will be showing you he don't want you and u are there forcing yourself on him cos you have his kid.
No dignity.
...Like I said before. Only the wise ladies here will take the advice from this topic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
missjo:

I never said they can't, I implied it's harder. This is why I used the word 'embarrassed'.

Culturally, premarital sex still has taboo status. It's mostly forgivable for males but all hush hush when it comes to females. This is one reason why sexually-active single women may find it embarrassing walking into a pharmacy to get birth control patches, pills, or condoms.

In this Nigeria? wink

Let me agree you are right.

Even though I know a lot of pharmacies sell condoms, pills etc off the counter. Even big supermarkets sell condoms if the girl is shy to buy on her street.

A girl can't buy condoms, pills etc but can do abortions. OK.

She can sha insist that the guy she is sleeping with MUST use condoms abi?

If she is NOT in her safe period, she can decide no sex abi?

Babes, a sexually active lady has no excuse to protect herself.

None.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:

I know, I just remembered a relative we lost due to abortion. It was horrible.

You know how many girls have lost their wombs? Or died on the doctor's table

Or saddled with kids they can't cater for?

It is terrible.

Sorry about your relative.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hathor5:

Why do we complain about irresponsible men? Why would they be responsible if we absolve them from responsibility in the name of "the woman will suffer greater consequences"?
.....So which is easier for you?

Guarding yourself against this so called irresponsible men and live your full life potentials

Or Competing to be at par with them and maybe get into trouble you might regret for the rest of your life?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....So which is easier for you?

Guarding yourself against this so called irresponsible men and live your full life potentials

Or Competing to be at par with them and maybe get into trouble you might regret for the rest of your life?

Which is easier for you? Take responsibility for protection? Or get AIDS? And have your children all over the place?

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hathor5:

Which is easier for you? Take responsibility for protection? Or get AIDS? And have your children all over the place?
...Answer my question first.Stop the emotions and be logical.

But let me answer you.

An irresponsible man doesn't give a damn about contacting Aids or even having a family.

You that is responsible, becareful.

That's all we are saying.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
Double post
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
...Answer my question first.Stop the emotions and be logical.

But let me answer you.

An irresponsible man doesn't give a damn about contacting Aids or even having a family.

You that is responsible, becareful.

That's all we are saying.

It's actually you people who make this argument here who are emotional. Will you tell your sons that it is the woman's responsibility to take protective measures in the name of "she will suffer the greater consequences"? And that it doesn't matter if he has bastards all over the place and possibly HIV?

@bold
An irresponsible woman doesn't care if she infects you with whatever can end your life.

You people think you sound logical and even pretend to care but you don't make sense at all. Two people have sex, two people can suffer consequences, children can be harmed, and you will make it a gender war instead of teaching everyone responsibility. Nonsense!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hathor5:

It's actually you people who make this argument here who are emotional. Will you tell your sons that it is the woman's responsibility to take protective measures in the name of "she will suffer the greater consequences"? And that it doesn't matter if he has bastards all over the place and possibly HIV?

@bold
An irresponsible woman doesn't care if she infects you with whatever can end your life.

You people think you sound logical and even pretend to care but you don't make sense at all. Two people have sex, two people can suffer consequences, children can be harmed, and you will make it a gender war instead of teaching everyone responsibility. Nonsense!
..ok bye. You win

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Hathor5(f): 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
..ok bye. You win

It's not about winning. Have a good day sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pocohantas(f): 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Hathor5:

@bold

I guess the point is, while it is the responsibility of both to take pregnancies- one would suffer the effect of this irresponsibility, PHYSICALLY, PSYCHOLOGICALLY, FINANCIALLY and in whatever way we can think of.

Women need to learn to be “selfish”. Trust me, if men had wombs, humanity may have gone extinct. They are that selfish.

I hate blame games on things like this, so I am 100% selfish. The one I can do, I will do it. The one I can’t do, I will NEVER do it.

18 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married / . / Why Don't Nigerian Parents Listen To Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.