Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,407 members, 7,843,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

A Nigerian Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigerian Revolution (527 Views)

'A Silent Revolution Is Taking Place In Lagos' - Goodluck Jonathan / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Revolution by EzeUche2(m): 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable" - John F. Kennedy

Nigeria is in need for a revolution. I have stated this time and time again. But now, I have been given impetus to create this thread with the latest rounds of protest that have rocked the Arab World.

The Tunisian president was ousted, and now the Egyptian people are starting to rise up and throw off the yoke of tyranny. Fighting can be seen in the streets of Cairo and Alexandria. I feel that Tunisia is becoming a sign of hope for all the oppressed people in the world.

Now let us discuss Nigeria. Whenever, I see Nigeria, I do not see progress, I see retrogression. People may point to certain cities as beacons of hope, but for the most part, Nigeria is a failure. People are poorer today in Nigeria than during the early days of progress. I have always been led to believe that nations are suppose to progress, not move backwards.

We need a revolution and we need it now!
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:05am On Jan 27, 2011
Diplomacy and discussions are preferable, young Nzeogwu.

That is all.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by johndoe200: 2:21am On Jan 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

We need a revolution and we need it now!

We are already on the way to it. However not the violent revolution you espouse.

Our president GEJ is initiating a quiet revolution. When he wins the elections , you will see the full extent unfold.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by ifele(m): 2:25am On Jan 27, 2011
Eze Uche I agree. A revolution will break Nigeria up. Some nincompoops dont want that. Because there is too

much at stake for them. Royal Dutch Shell for example relies on keeping the status quo going as it is. Nigeria

feed the greed of a few devilish players. So let rise up as long as we do it right.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by EzeUche2(m): 2:25am On Jan 27, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Diplomacy and discussions are preferable, young Nzeogwu.

That is all.

No we need to wipe out all these corrupt politicians. The ones who have mortgaged our nation's future. I have no mercy for those who worried about their own ass. And I am tired of the apologist as well, who supports these buffoons.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by Freewilly(f): 2:30am On Jan 27, 2011
Revolutions require sacrifices, how many Nigerians are ready to sacrifice for this revolution. Revolution is not by mouth or internet propaganda alone.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by EzeUche2(m): 2:54am On Jan 27, 2011
Freewilly:

Revolutions require sacrifices, how many Nigerians are ready to sacrifice for this revolution. Revolution is not by mouth or internet propaganda alone.

It always take one soul. One selfless soul. That is what it took in Iran, India, Tunisia etc. It takes one person to get the ball rolling. And do not underestimate the power of the internet.

The revolution will be televised.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by jumobi1(m): 3:02am On Jan 27, 2011
johndoe200:

We are already on the way to it. However not the violent revolution you espouse.

Our president GEJ is initiating a quiet revolution. When he wins the elections , you will see the full extent unfold.
Not really. If there would be a revolution, we would be seeing signs in the North already.
When he wins, they would be regular riots, nothing revolutionary.

I shared your views before he won the PDP primaries.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by johndoe200: 3:10am On Jan 27, 2011
Freewilly:

Please tell them.
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by Ikengawo: 7:13am On Jan 27, 2011
REvolution?
Nigerians don't pay taxes, don't pick up their own trash when the constantly liter, bribe fellow Nigerians, and praise men that make their money from stealing oil money when they're in their presence, believe in witchcraft, con each other and others regularly, and don't follow the laws of their own country.

you can revolt, separate, riot, and protest nigeria all you want but so long as Nigerians are not willing to change you're still going to be in the position you're in now
Re: A Nigerian Revolution by namfav(m): 8:24am On Jan 27, 2011
lol

easy said than done

(1) (Reply)

Court Stops Theodore Orji / Nepa Bill,yet No Light / Kwarans Have Come Of Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.