Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,555 members, 7,827,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? (7246 Views)

They Told Me To Join A Cult If I Must Become Governor - Labaran Maku / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Warning Nairaland Youths: Before You Join TAN And Loose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 11:47am On Oct 22, 2011
i have been thinking of this, are we ready, what would be the out come. let know ur opinion
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by aloyemeka1: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2011
Whats the aim of the revolution?. We elected our leaders, didn't we?
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by PointB: 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^^
To violently remove GEJ and replace him with Ayatollah Mohammadu bin Buhari, a bigot and murderer. What a lofty ambition!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
wow nigerians are truely the happiest and dumbest people on earth. i guess i am d only one that sees our nation is not heading anywhere
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2011
With the likes of PointB, we will only implode @ d sight of a revolutn
Abeg make we dey manage GEJ like this
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2011
We are too damn comfortable in this country
There will be no revolution
So no need to volunteer
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by manmustwac(m): 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
No need for revolution when all the brainwashed Nigerians are waiting for thier sky daddy to come down from imaginary heaven and solve their problems for them.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2011
but what would we tell our children when they asked us what we did to save our nation
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Beaf: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2011
grafikii:

wow nigerians are truely the happiest and dumbest people on earth. i guess i am d only one that sees our nation is not heading anywhere

When you paint all Nigerians as dumb in anger to just two responses, then you cut yourself out as two things:

[list]
[li]a bully[/li]
[li]dumb[/li]
[/list]
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2011
We will say:
"We siddon dey Look".
I know what I will tell my kids. The BB story.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2011
beaf what took you so long, ur allowance would be deducted for lateness in defending ur boss ooo GEJ
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Johndoe100(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2011
I already have. Why don't you join us? Under the inspired leadership of GEJ the revolution in Nigeria has begun, we are creating a new Nigeria which we all will be peoud of.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Parisgoodman(m): 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2011
grafikii:

but what would we tell our children when they asked us what we did to save our nation
i will tel them; children, my fellow nigerians were too lazy includin d scoundrel who asked dis question.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
Johndoe100:

I already have. Why don't you join us? Under the inspired leadership of GEJ the revolution in Nigeria has begun, we are creating a new Nigeria which we all will be peoud of.

Gbam! very correct! We are truly very peoud of it!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Whats the aim of the revolution?. We elected our leaders, didn't we?
C.K Chersterton said ''You can never have a revolution in order to establish a democracy,you must have a democracy in order to establish a revolution''. . .
Yes we elected our leaders but when our leaders cannot provide the basics for which we elect them,then a revolution is the next way out.Democracy also entails the right to disagree with the government.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by NegroNtns(m): 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2011
Revolution to replace the present with what ??  

You cant revolt just for reformation sake; there needs to be a better solution replacing the old, not just as an ideal but also as a practice!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Beaf: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

You cant revolt just for reformation sake; there needs to be a better solution replacing the old, not just as an ideal but also as a practice!

They are dolts, bruv. What more can you expect from such types? That they will actually think? shocked
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by NegroNtns(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
Beaf, that label is a good fit. It's a classic dramatization of adorning the swine's neck with a garland of pearls. A ruined outcome!

Ive said it many times - The leader we get is a reflection of the majority. To get a leader we are satisfied in we must first reform our own selves and outlook on civic discipline. Nigerian leaders are undisciplined because, first, the general populace is itself undisciplined.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by EzeUche(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2011
No we Igbos would watch while you all start your revolution.

First sign of weakness in Nigeria we will secede.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by femmy2010(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2011
Rovolution wont be an easy one to manifest when leaders are elected.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Beaf, that label is a good fit.  It's a classic dramatization of adorning the swine's neck with a garland of pearls.  A ruined outcome!

Ive said it many times - The leader we get is a reflection of the majority.  To get a leader we are satisfied in we must first reform our own selves and outlook on civic discipline.  Nigerian leaders are undisciplined because, first, the general populace is itself undisciplined.
We can't continue to repeat the same ol shiit every now and then. .something urgently must be done.Greece is a democratic country and they are holding their leaders for the condition of their economy but in Nigeria,our president is thinking of taking away subsidy and he still expects you to say thank you to him despite the high level of poverty in the country.A changes from this present pdp arrangee government is also a revolution but a good option must be made available and nigerians must work toward that purpose.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Beaf: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

We can't continue to repeat the same ol shiit every now and then. .something urgently must be done.Greece is a democratic country and they are holding their leaders for the condition of their economy but in Nigeria,our president is thinking of taking away subsidy and he still expects you to say thank you to him despite the high level of poverty in the country.A changes from this present pdp arrangee government is also a revolution but a good option must be made available and nigerians must work toward that purpose.

And the bolded is the reason?. . . Dolts indeed!
What political party is better, both morally and structurally? What we have here, is the playing out of a losers game:

[list]
[li]Lost elections[/li]
[li]Took to rioting and murdering youth corpers[/li]
[li]Sponsored boko haram[/li]
[li]Called Nigerians fools rules by id!ots[/li]
[li]Coined words like "retardeen" and "odechukwu"[/li]
[li]Now that all the above have failed and the country doesn't even aknowledge the whiners, they are calling for "revolution" and longing for coups[/li]
[/list]

I'm wondering what place is meant to be the venue for the liberal expression of foolishness in the "revolution." Who volunteers their backyard for the experiment? grin
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by noLongTinn: 2:56pm On Oct 22, 2011
EzeUche:

This is exactly why an Egyptian style revolution won't happen in Naija.

Negro_Ntns:

Exactly, i think a revolution has already started in the SW but its not quick enough! We have Fashola as a transformational leader and bad leaders such as Bankole, Akala and Daniel are being held accountable.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2011
Beaf:

And the bolded is the reason?. . . Dolts indeed!
What political party is better, both morally and structurally? What we have here, is the playing out of a losers game:

[list]
[li]Lost elections[/li]
[li]Took to rioting and murdering youth corpers[/li]
[li]Sponsored boko haram[/li]
[li]Called Nigerians fools rules by id!ots[/li]
[li]Coined words like "retardeen" and "odechukwu"[/li]
[li]Now that all the above have failed and the country doesn't even aknowledge the whiners, they are calling for "revolution" and longing for coups[/li]
[/list]

I'm wondering what place is meant to be the venue for the liberal expression of foolishness in the "revolution." Who volunteers their backyard for the experiment? grin
Seems you forgot that pdp is an extension of the military era.The same people that spoilt nigeria are still the ones controlling the party,so what do you expect from such party ? Obj,ibb,ty danjuma,atiku. .is there any hope if these people still exist in pdp ?
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by NegroNtns(m): 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2011
We have Fashola as a transformational leader and bad leaders such as Bankole, Akala and Daniel are being held accountable.

Thank you nLT,

We need more Governors to do that at their level of accountability. As the grassroot refines itself, an upward reconciliation will emerge and the corrupt ways will incrementally be replaced by a more committed spirit to serve and uphold.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by delpee(f): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2011
EzeUche:

Like you watched from 1993 - 1999 only to shout marginalisation after!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Beaf: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Seems you forgot that pdp is an extension of the military era.The same people that spoilt nigeria are still the ones controlling the party,so what do you expect from such party ? Obj,ibb,ty danjuma,[size=14pt]atiku[/size]. .is there any hope if these people still exist in pdp ?

Why do I recall Atiku as an ACN presidential candidate? Why do I recall Amosun as a PDP reject? I could go on! Lol!

Dreams of revolution in a progressing Nigeria is a losers game. Its called sour grapes.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by NegroNtns(m): 3:19pm On Oct 22, 2011
Seems you forgot that pdp is an extension of the military era.The same people that spoilt nigeria are still the ones controlling the party,so what do you expect from such party ? Obj,ibb,ty danjuma,atiku. .is there any hope if these people still exist in pdp ?

Bluetooth,

In Nigeria, you can clean out corruption in two ways:

1. bloodhsed - in which you eliminate an identified number of people to send a message
2. electoral system - in which you vote in a pre-identified number of candidates with proven record of accountability.

For both 1 and 2, there is a challenge.  The problem of corruption is so broad and so sunken into our national spirit that the elimination list will cover the entire national political hierarchy. After you are finished with 1 there will be no one of political savviness and experience left with which to fill the candidate list in 2.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2011
i don't expect anything better from d likes of beaf and co, libya and egypt are far better than nigeria yet its poeple stood up when they had to. why are we like this? what is our problem?
what have gotten from our leaders yet we defend them on empty stomach
some of us even defend convicted at the law court
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2011
even in the us, the occupy
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Dede1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2011
I will join if the imaginary revolution is meant for disintegration and end to the contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Rgp92: 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2011
What Nigeria need is revolution of mind, nothing more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Buhari Must Do To Win 2015 Election / Watch Video Of IG Of Police Nigeria Struggling To Read Speech In Kano (VIDEO) / Anambra Oil Producing Communities Belong To Ijaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.