Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,264 members, 7,853,305 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC (24438 Views)

Court Renews Victor Giadom's Position As Acting National Chairman Of APC. / Court Grants Victor Giadom Access To Operate As APC Acting Chairman / South-South APC Leaders Endorse Victor Giadom As Oshiomhole’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Dansuqi: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:

Based on what I read from the Nation is actually an order of perpetual injunction. Besides I feel the facts of the case is not exactly the same with the one of FCT.

On lighter note I have a feeling that Alaibe will spring a surprise at the supreme court based on his case with Diri. I strongly feel Tanko is up-to something as he is the one heading the panel alongside his usual squad.

Am suspecting that too.look at his body language and the way he told them to accelerate everything.

The supreme court is overburdened.someone should send a private bill to amen the constitution to allow the supreme court have 2 or three branches and to increase the number of judges to 30 or more

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Jostoman: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Brandstudio01:
APC Abeg your problem too much
chaii judiciary don suffer for APC hand o, so every APC member now have their own court and judge separately.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Scawraw: 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Corporate2020:

Please remove Mr Constituted Authority, he can never survive this. The day he demolished part of Yinka Ayefele's building, I knew the gods have turned their back against him. Even a nakked mad man roaming the streets will not hurt a cripple. Ajimobi cannot survive this COVID-19 because the Earth is Cleansing itself.
Human being like you.

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by mannyiyke: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Brandstudio01:
APC Abeg your problem too much
grin
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Dansuqi: 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:
dansuqi....This your party get advisers?

You are restraining him as a result of resignation.

On Monday, he will go to a CoA , flash his waiver...get a stay of Execution...e never finish!?

Vote of no confidence is in the APC Constitution....why not use that as a caveat?

I think they have done that but you know getting a stay of execution on non electoral issues which are not time bound takes time.I believe this is to buy time.oshiomhole did the same thing
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Dansuqi: 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:

I can't agree less. Abe hands are written over the order. You know Abe once helped Wike now Wike is returning the favor

How did wike help him
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
APC is heading to self destruction.
POI/Osho will never win this battle. Obaseki and PDP will emerge winner come the polls and even if not, they will be victorious at the Courts.
To many Court cases aren't good for POI and he will probably get consumed by one.

2023 is an interesting one....While the PDP are rebuilding quietly the APC house is in total disarray. Yet to hear a serious grumble at the Edo state chapter of PDP, those initial complains by the gubernatorial aspirants are dying down slowly. The PDP under Uche Secondus is great. His ability to unify all conflicting parties through dialogue is a sign of what we should expect in the future. The PDP will certainly take over the country come 2023.

The crises in the APC have just began. I see the the party breaking into two. And that will only make the Tinubu vs El rufai/Amaechi Aspiration a weaker one.
Osibanjo's fate is very uncertain...He have got no party structures.
Makinde and Akeredolu will frusturate Tinubu's ambition. Wike, and the SS govs will give repay Amaechi for in his own coins...

It is a win win for Obaseki and the PDP.
My humble predictions though.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by abysirius(m): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
engineerboat:
APC keep repeating same mistake all over again.

Does the court cancel his acting chairman status.

No

Instead of heading to appeal.

They keep running around.
Na u mumu pass.. if it is established that he is not a member of the party, no be to go get court injuction to set aside the power that court gave him to act as the chairman? Court did so believing he was member of the party but now they said they just denied his membership. grin grin grin
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by kahal29: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

Well, the case has Alaibe likely to lose.
The PDP NEC & SWC are in tandem with the Constitution, that doesn't look to me like Alaibe will have a reprieve.

That's just my feeling though not backed by any hard fact. You know you once asked my opinion in one of those Bayelsa thread but didn't have anything to say then. However based on the proceedings of the case earlier in the week at Supreme Court I began to suspect something fishy.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by cryptotech: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
This is serious.

please check my signature.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Dansuqi: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Metaphysical once said the victory of wike in 2019 and the non fielding of apc candidates in rivers is part of the 2023 playbook by tinubu/osibanjo.maybe this is still part of the plan.wike might not be averse to Abe succeeding him afterall
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Dansuqi:

I think they have done that but you know getting a stay of execution on non electoral issues which are not time bound takes time.I believe this is to buy time.oshiomhole did the same thing
I still won't be surprised if I still see another order before the end of today.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by joyandfaith: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
engineerboat:
APC keep repeating same mistake all over again.

Does the court cancel his acting chairman status.

No

Instead of heading to appeal.

They keep running around.

that is definition of confusion

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Minjim: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
jamesversion:
For the purpose of clarity, what is the name of the Judge that gave the court order.

You mean the judge that gave Gaidom the order to be Apc chairman?
I think his name is Samira Bature. Does that help?
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
null and void since it is not coming from a court of higher jurisdiction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:

That's just my feeling though not backed by any hard fact. You know you once asked my opinion in one of those Bayelsa thread but didn't have anything to say then. However based on the proceedings of the case earlier in the week at Supreme Court I began to suspect something fishy.
The Imo case has jolted a lot up.
Well, nah....I don't see it coming!
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by kahal29: 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
Dansuqi:

Am suspecting that too.look at his body language and the way he told them to accelerate everything.

The supreme court is overburdened.someone should send a private bill to amen the constitution to allow the supreme court have 2 or three branches and to increase the number of judges to 30 or more

I strongly feel something fishy will happen in that case
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by akudinaobi(m): 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
The old man is on life support he cant make it
he is dead quote author=quickberry post=90845434] Good news.

On his(BAT) mandate we shall stand

God bless Nigeria,
God bless Kwara State
God bless Lagos State
God bless PMB
God bless PYO
God bless BAT
God bless Prof. Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq
God bless Babajide Sanwoolu
God bless APC

@Senator Ajimobi, may God heal you completely.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fredoooooo: 6:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Olatomiwami:

U don't know law, your ward said u are not a member since uve resigned, u are speaking grammar grin

Their opinion is law to them ... or anything that favor their emotions
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

This is a HC judgement like the Abuja own.
They are both Courts of Co-ordinate jurisdiction.

The CoA will be the tie-breaker.
For now, APC has 2 Ag Chairmen.

this court order is null and void. the court does not have the right to sit on a suit already decided by a court of equal jurisdiction.

Giadom is still APC chairman until the appeal court say otherwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Dansuqi: 6:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:

I strongly feel something fishy will happen in that case

I believe the ruling will come next week although the chances of alaibe winning is 30%
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Kendaboss(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Abe has always been trying to frustrate Amaechi plans since he lost the Gov. ticket even if it means betraying the party to get back at Amaechi. But time will tell
Dansuqi:
Metaphysical once said the victory of wike in 2019 and the non fielding of apc candidates in rivers is part of the 2023 playbook by tinubu/osibanjo.maybe this is still part of the plan.wike might not be averse to Abe succeeding him afterall
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by abysirius(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Obaseki joining PDP might actually not be to fly pdp's flag in the forthcoming election. Perhaps just to give them his support while they will compensate him in other areas upon delivering the state to PDP. I sincerely doubt if it is a good move for PDP to use him. The liability will be too much and I doubt if it will really worth it..
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by AK481(m): 6:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

That's the mistake we always do. Shifting blames from who should get it.

Why should Oshiomhole had granted him a waiver, and now turn around to act all nice. Giadom has not been your friend, why not say NO.

No provision for waiver in apc constitution, it was given in error and it is deeply regretted .
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by jaxxy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
All4:
Nigerians can be naive..if you think pdp winning this election you all are naive!
This is all a game plan to divert your attention from the real plans of winning the election.
Obaseki is a goner! September is months ahead and politics is dynamic.Apc can never let go.apc got the structure and money go exchange. Hands done minutes from both parties but APC will take the day.

Obazeki unifies Apc and pdp. He's is now in hybrid form. There is no competition. grin
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PIMPAR: 6:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

That's the mistake we always do. Shifting blames from who should get it.

Why should Oshiomhole had granted him a waiver, and now turn around to act all nice. Giadom has not been your friend, why not say NO.
Stop misleading people here. There is nothing like waiver when it comes holding one appointment and you want to contest for another political office, such as Gov and Presidential position
You submit your resignation letter along with your creditial to the INEC
Stop your lie

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PIMPAR: 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
AK481:

No provision for waiver in apc constitution, it was given in error and it is deeply regretted .
Nobody gave him any waiver. Oshiomole was just trying to accommodate Giadom back as it was a party affair,but since Giadom is clever than his shadow, they have to bring his file case out
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Bighead9: 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ugly Obaseki and Igbo's right now . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by olajide8(m): 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
KenOne:
Instead of these people to head to supreme court to challenge Giadom chairmanship you went back to state high court.

The same mistake they made when Abuja high court suspended Oshiomhole they went to Kano high court to get a judgement reinstating Oshiomhole court of equal jurisdiction.

To these Oshiomhole and Tinubu supporters Rivers high court ruling supercedes Abuja high court and appeal court.

Just like the way they waved off ordinary ward chairman like they called him that suspended Oshiomhole.

As right as it sounds and looks, there is a process to send matters to the appeal court - they could challenge this matter and the court of appeal would fix a date which would be too late and affect the primaries in edo or they could get a counter order setting aside a retired NWC from parading himself - and then stand on the latest order which automatically sets aside the previous order set by the exparte motion- this would force gaidom to head to the court of appeal not the apc
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:

Stop misleading people here. There is nothing like waiver when it comes holding one appointment and you want to contest for another political office, such as Gov and Presidential position
You submit your resignation letter along with your creditial to the INEC
Stop your lie
APC Constitution

Am I still lying?

Clevite:

Unfortunately for Giadom, the said waiver has no legs to stand in APC constitution. He can't take it to court to enforce it. APC constitution only makes provision for waiver in case of a new or a returning party member seeking to contest in an election. No mention is made of waiver for an executive member who had resigned his position to contest for an elective post like Giadom had done.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by wickyyolo: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
All4:
Nigerians can be naive..if you think pdp winning this election you all are naive!
This is all a game plan to divert your attention from the real plans of winning the election.
Obaseki is a goner! September is months ahead and politics is dynamic.Apc can never let go.apc got the structure and money go exchange. Hands done minutes from both parties but APC will take the day.

You’re naive because you’re not God .
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by ChukwuObe: 6:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Some idiots that went to school but never educated dont know that parties dont give waiver when you are going for election. How many of such waiver has APC as a party given before? Otunba Adebayo was once the APC Deputy Chairman South. Was he given waiver to go as a minister? Why are some people so foolish to know the truth and follow it? I pity Amaechi and Giadom, they will be suspended before the next adjoined date in 2 weeks from their ward and the court will uphold their suspension like that of Oshiomole and they will be partyless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over NEC Meeting At Aso Rock (Photos) / Marilyn Gbalahan: Okowa's Daughter Gives Birth On His 58th Birthday (Photos) / Delta, Akwa Ibom Received Largest State Allocations In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.