Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,010 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:58 AM

Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC (24434 Views)

Court Renews Victor Giadom's Position As Acting National Chairman Of APC. / Court Grants Victor Giadom Access To Operate As APC Acting Chairman / South-South APC Leaders Endorse Victor Giadom As Oshiomhole’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by abysirius(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Did he at any point actually resigned his membership
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by engineerboat(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
APC keep repeating same mistake all over again.

Does the court cancel his acting chairman status.

No

Instead of heading to appeal.

They keep running around.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by engineerboat(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

This is a HC judgement like the Abuja own.
They are both Courts of Co-ordinate jurisdiction.

The CoA will be the tie-breaker.
For now, APC has 2 Ag Chairmen.

APC will prefer to keep running from High court to High cour.

It's in their DNA always leaving the right thing for injury hour when nothing can be done again
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Ekpekaycee: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Who went to court to seek the order? Or is it a judgement of a previous case?
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
jamesversion:
For the purpose of clarity, what is the name of the Judge that gave the court order.

Justice Abang Okon (APC) judge

Justice Mary Odili (PDP) judge

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
engineerboat:

APC will prefer to keep running from High court to High cour.

It's in their DNA always leaving the right thing for injury hour when nothing can be done again
I am not a lawyer but I know that they need a higher Court judgement to counter Justice Bature's.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by kahal29: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
seanfer:
fergie001, dansuqi, ejimatic .. I said it yesterday that all the rivers APC need to do is deal with Giadom from the grassroot. With the Help of Wike who is political enemy of Amaechi that will be easy to achieve.

I can't agree less. Abe hands are written over the order. You know Abe once helped Wike now Wike is returning the favor

3 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by kolade560: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
chriskosherbal:
APC ...should unite ontime cos thier division might be thier undoing come 2023.

they have lost since 2019 if not for rigging.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by hedonistic: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
The most useless country in the world.

A country where institutions mean nothing. Can be twisted by anyone who happens to have applicable influence at any given time. Sad indeed.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
sujexy:
Stop associating wike with the madness in apc...

.what do you know about politics? You better face your normal daily business....

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by muykem: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Conductor261:
sad nonsense.. Coordinate jurisdiction courts can't overrule one another.

APC legal adviser should be sacked. They should rather seek to set aside the order enabling the Acting National Chairman of APC Chief Giadom
That's not overrule. The cases are different and order are different. The only issue here is that one will not stand by implication.

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by kahal29: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
Olatomiwami:

U don't know law, your ward said u are not a member since uve resigned, u are speaking grammar grin

That's my thinking too. The facts of the case are not similar

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by AdebayoL(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
No more peace in APC, that is the work of almighty God.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by kahal29: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

I heard it is a notice of perpetual injunction?

OK.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:

OK.
I am asking.....I am not definitive.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by chuma86: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
First mistake: State high courts have no jurisdiction on national party leadership, only federal high court or fct high court. Second mistake: no high court can overrule another high. Both are courts of coordinate jurisdiction. It's clear there is a scheme to ensure apc doesnt field candidates in edo and ondo state guber polls. Giadom is still the legally recognised ag.chairman, only a superior court can undo his ag. Chairmanship.

5 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by BERNIMOORE: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
abobote:
It means APC doesn't have chairman as the second chairman is on life support
the Rivers court did not say Giedam should stop parading himself as acting national chairman....

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Sluacoast(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
still low on cash.
Get paid by watching videos online. https://izvideon.pw/688715429976582/. it's free, you watched some couple of video and get paid. love in Sharing. so try it guy's and win�

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by smartval(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
CilicMarin:
A Rivers State High Court has restrained Victor Giadom from parading himself as a member of the National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The court based its order on Giadom’s resignation as Deputy National Secretary of the APC to vie for the position of Deputy Governor in the party’s governorship primaries in 2019.

Recall that an FCT High Court reaffirmed Giadom as the acting National Chairman of the APC on Thursday.

It extended a March 16, 2020, exparte order permitting him to act as the party’s chairman in the absence of the suspended National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.

But the party’s NWC insisted that the Deputy National Chairman (South), Abiola Ajimobi, is the only acting National Chairman recognised by the party’s constitution.

https://aledeh.com/just-in-court-restrains-giadom-from-parading-himself-as-member-of-apc-nwc/

Since big brother Naija is not in session this year, APC has been giving it to us hot hot and we are even enjoying it
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by seanfer(m): 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:

I can't agree less. Abe hands are written over the order. You know Abe once helped Wike now Wike is returning the favor

Those who are not in rivers won’t know what’s playing here.
WIKE will help Abe to make Amaechi political useless

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by tesppidd: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Gforce2015:

Justice Abang Okon (APC) judge

Justice Mary Odili (PDP) judge

Justice Enebeli

Rivers PDP judge

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Jostoman: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
All4:
Nigerians can be naive..if you think pdp winning this election you all are naive!
This is all a game plan to divert your attention from the real plans of winning the election.
Obaseki is a goner! September is months ahead and politics is dynamic.Apc can never let go.apc got the structure and money go exchange. Hands done minutes from both parties but APC will take the day.
we don hear you Mr octopus.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by kahal29: 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

I am asking.....I am not definitive.

Based on what I read from the Nation is actually an order of perpetual injunction. Besides I feel the facts of the case is not exactly the same with the one of FCT.

On lighter note I have a feeling that Alaibe will spring a surprise at the supreme court based on his case with Diri. I strongly feel Tanko is up-to something as he is the one heading the panel alongside his usual squad.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Fuckalldmods(f): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Wetin he wan take that wan do now that he is the acting chairman...
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
dansuqi....This your party get advisers?

You are restraining him as a result of resignation.

On Monday, he will go to a CoA , flash his waiver...get a stay of Execution...e never finish!?

Vote of no confidence is in the APC Constitution....why not use that as a caveat?

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Ikmonie92: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
quickberry:
Good news.

On his(BAT) mandate we shall stand

God bless Nigeria,
God bless Kwara State
God bless Lagos State
God bless PMB
God bless PYO
God bless BAT
God bless Prof. Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq
God bless Babajide Sanwoolu
God bless APC

@Senator Ajimobi, may God heal you completely.
Chai dem don chop you ooooo
Nothing remain again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by BERNIMOORE: 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
chuma86:
First mistake: State high courts have no jurisdiction on national party leadership, only federal high court or fct high court. Second mistake: no high court can overrule another high. Both are courts of coordinate jurisdiction. It's clear there is a scheme to ensure apc doesnt field candidates in edo and ondo state guber polls. Giadom is still the legally recognised ag.chairman, only a superior court can undo his ag. Chairmanship.
the Rivers court did not say Giedam should stop parading himself as acting national chairman....the Rivers high court knows that they Can't talk about Giedam chairmanship because appeal court was already aware of Giedam acting in that capacity pending the determination of the pending case that oshiomole just lost...besides a waiver below from federal level makes this rivers order a dead rubber

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Dansuqi: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:

By next week,giadom's ward will likely suspend him.he will ultimately lose

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Corporate2020: 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
quickberry:
Good news.

On his(BAT) mandate we shall stand

God bless Nigeria,
God bless Kwara State
God bless Lagos State
God bless PMB
God bless PYO
God bless BAT
God bless Prof. Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq
God bless Babajide Sanwoolu
God bless APC

@Senator Ajimobi, may God heal you completely.

Please remove Mr Constituted Authority, he can never survive this. The day he demolished part of Yinka Ayefele's building, I knew the gods have turned their back against him. Even a nakked mad man roaming the streets will not hurt a cripple. Ajimobi cannot survive this COVID-19 because the Earth is Cleansing itself.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
kahal29:
Based on what I read from the Nation is actually an order of perpetual injunction. Besides I feel the facts of the case is not exactly the same with the one FCT own.
I though perpetual injunction must have both parties represented, and is a course for final relief. That is to end a lawsuit.

On lighter note I have a feeling that Alaibe will spring a surprise at the supreme court based on his case with Diri. I strongly feel Tanko is up-to something as he is the one heading the panel alongside his usual squad.
Well, the case has Alaibe likely to lose.
The PDP NEC & SWC are in tandem with the Constitution, that doesn't look to me like Alaibe will have a reprieve.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Scawraw: 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Thrash,trasher,trashest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmed Zainab: Land Borders To Be Reopened Soon / DSS Arrests Another Boko Haram Kingpin In Maiduguri / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: South-East Governors, Ortom, Ishaku, Reject It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.