Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,287 members, 7,853,359 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:10 PM

Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC (24440 Views)

Court Renews Victor Giadom's Position As Acting National Chairman Of APC. / Court Grants Victor Giadom Access To Operate As APC Acting Chairman / South-South APC Leaders Endorse Victor Giadom As Oshiomhole’s Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by tesppidd: 6:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

APC Constitution

Am I still lying?
So it says subject to NEC approval.

But part of his issue with Ajimumobi is that the NEC did not certify his appointment as Deputy National Chairman.

What do you call this?

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Clevite(m): 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

That's the mistake we always do. Shifting blames from who should get it.

Why should Oshiomhole had granted him a waiver, and now turn around to act all nice. Giadom has not been your friend, why not say NO.
Unfortunately for Giadom, the said waiver has no legs to stand in APC constitution. He can't take it to court to enforce it. APC constitution only makes provision for a waiver in case of a new or a returning party member seeking to contest in an election, like in Samuel Ortom , Ize-Iyamu and Obaseki's cases. No mention is made of waiver for an executive member who had resigned his position to contest for an elective post seeking to return back to the executive postion, like Giadom had done.

The waiver granted to him was just a gentleman political arrangement initially aimed at reconciling him and Amaechi, his godfather, with the Party.

The new confrontational move by him sent a signal to the party hierachy i.e. NWC that they were not ready for reconciliation, hence the NWC's move to quickly dust his resignation file and ratify it as stipulated by their constitution.

The move by his party's local chapter to give that resignation a judicial flavour is a master stroke that would be impossible for him to dodge.

With a judicial pronouncement affirming his non-membership of the NWC, the podium upon which his Acting Chairmanship status stands has been taking off its feet.

4 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
tesppidd:
So it says subject to NEC approval.

But part of his issue with Ajimumobi is that the NEC did not certify his appointment as Deputy National Chairman.

What do you call this?
That's the problem

If NEC didn't approve for Giadom....it will envelope Ajimobi, Bulama and Ize-Iyamu.

The suspension of the Deputy National Chairman North will be void.
The Imuse/Oshiomhole faction will also be void.

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PIMPAR: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

APC Constitution

Am I still lying?

Stop your deceit you PDP mole. How did it relate with Apc, the gibbish you lifted from internet?
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by ofiko123(m): 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
The court has spoken..Giadom do the needful..
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:

Stop your deceit you PDP mole. How did it relate with Apc, the gibbish you lifted from internet?
Ok....if you have the APC Constitution, you can post it now....maybe the one I downloaded is wrong.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by tesppidd: 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

That's the problem

If NEC didn't approve for Giadom....it will envelope Ajimobi, Bulama and Ize-Iyamu.

The NEC ratification is not supposed to be an issue that is why the NWC took everything for granted because it's an internal issue.

The APC just didn't envisage this level of internal enmity.

If I were the NEC i would let Giadom be chairman and get to court immediately to remove him ASAP.

Now that Obaseki is gone that shouldn't be much of a problem because the risk of Giadom bringing him back is eliminated.

Allow Giadom rule; anybody between Obudu and Ize yamu that emerges, no wahala.

Then focus on removing Giadom and taking on Obaseki with my power from Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Jesusloveyou: 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
engineerboat:
APC keep repeating same mistake all over again.

Does the court cancel his acting chairman status.

No

Instead of heading to appeal.

They keep running around.
nobody is challenging his acting chairman,
But they are telling you that the acting chairman is not even a member of nwc. Not to talk of acting chairman for nwc,

That is what we call audio acting chairman,
Where someone who is not a member of a group will be their chairman.
Very funny.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
tesppidd:

The NEC ratification is not supposed to be an issue that is why the NWC took everything for granted because it's an internal issue.
They can even do a mini-Convention at the Zonal level, especially now Abe's faction is in Rivers.
They dare not call for NEC. The Governors want Oshiomhole out, if he wants to stay...there must not be NEC.
Instead, use a Zonal Mini-Convention to ratify Giadom' ouster or suspension.

The APC just didn't envisage this level of internal enmity.
Very true

If I were the NEC i would let Giadom be chairman and get to court immediately to remove him ASAP.
That was what I was telling dansuqi.
Allow him lead....pass a vote of no confidence which is in the APC Constitution.

Now that Obaseki is gone that shouldn't be much of a problem because the risk of Giadom bringing him back is eliminated.

Allow Giadom rule; anybody between Obudu and Ize yamu that emerges, no wahala. Then focus on Obaseki.
Its up to the Party.
I believe they haven't taken certain actions because where the President tilts is unpredictable for now, as always.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Jesusloveyou: 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

This is a HC judgement like the Abuja own.
They are both Courts of Co-ordinate jurisdiction.

The CoA will be the tie-breaker.
For now, APC has 2 Ag Chairmen.
Jesusloveyou:
nobody is challenging his acting chairman,
But they are telling you that the acting chairman is not even a member of nwc. Not to talk of acting chairman for nwc,

That is what we call audio acting chairman,
Where someone who is not a member of a group will be their chairman.
Very funny.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PVision2020(m): 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

APC Constitution

Am I still lying?

The waiver applies only to Article 31(i) and not (ii) and (iii)

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PIMPAR: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
PVision2020:

Ignore that PDP mole to continue to fool himself.
He once said Exparte order has to time frame yesterday.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
PVision2020:

There is a difference between 31 (1) and 31 (i)

Check well, its 31(1) meaning covering the whole portions of 1 and not i

5 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:

Ignore that PDP mole to continue to fool himself.
You can talk to me directly, you don't need an intermediary.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Jesusloveyou: 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

That's the problem

this is what I wanted to clarify you yesterday,
You said ajimobi and bulema were not ratified by NEC or mini convention,
I discovered that the same rope tied giadom,
His waiver need to be ratify by NEC.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
Well, we will see how the Court react.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PIMPAR: 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

You can talk to me directly, you don't need an intermediary.
And who are you? PDP mole

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PVision2020(m): 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

There is a difference between 31 (1) and 31 (i)

Check well, its 31(1) meaning covering the whole portions of 1 and not i
Check the conditions very well and you'll know it only applies to (i).

There can't be waiver for (ii) - Nomination by constituents through primaries (direct, indirect, consensus), you don't waive nomination (primaries).

The conditions for waiver also applies only to (i)

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
PIMPAR:

And who are you? PDP mole
That's better.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by babytoun: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
All4:
Nigerians can be naive..if you think pdp winning this election you all are naive!
This is all a game plan to divert your attention from the real plans of winning the election.
Obaseki is a goner! September is months ahead and politics is dynamic.Apc can never let go.apc got the structure and money go exchange. Hands done minutes from both parties but APC will take the day.

see as this one dey talk with all authority..

except apc find a way to legally stop obaseki from contesting then be sure they have a battle on their hands

Benin no be lagos ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
PVision2020:

Check the conditions very well and you'll know it only applies to (i).

There can't be waiver for (ii) - Nomination by constituents through primaries (direct, indirect, consensus), you don't waive nomination (primaries)
Well, I would have said why did Oshiomhole grant it then?...
But at this stage, the Court will have to help us from here.
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by sujexy(m): 7:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Gforce2015:

.what do you know about politics? You better face your normal daily business....
APC was built on different interests that are now clashing, coz the unifying force(Buhari) has been spent.

If you were not expecting a divided house like this, then you are naive.

Please, never come close to my mention again.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by fergie001: 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
this is what I wanted to clarify you yesterday,
You said ajimobi and bulema were not ratified by NEC or mini convention,
I discovered that the same rope tied giadom,
His waiver need to be ratify by NEC.
I get the picture now. Very Correct, except that Giadom is basing whatever on the judgement before the stay of execution...how that is true or untrue is left for the legal experts.

3 Likes

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by marv1: 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Judiciary is one of the Nigeria problems.
Giving conflicting pronouncements to cause confusion

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PVision2020(m): 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

Well, I would have said why did Oshiomhole grant it then?...
But at this stage, the Court will have to help us from here.
Oshiomole granting it doesn't make it legal.
You're right, this is right time for lawyers and judges to cash out big time. Na court go settle am Las Las

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by WATCHOVER(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
All4:
Nigerians can be naive..if you think pdp winning this election you all are naive!
This is all a game plan to divert your attention from the real plans of winning the election.
Obaseki is a goner! September is months ahead and politics is dynamic.Apc can never let go.apc got the structure and money go exchange. Hands done minutes from both parties but APC will take the day.
Stop stammering, APC has lost Edo State completely

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by PIMPAR: 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
fergie001:

That's better.
And that is your mission here to mislead innocent people
Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by babytoun: 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Stop stammering, APC has lost Edo State completely

Don't mind him ..talking about money exchanging hands as if he doesn't know the financial war chest of pdp in SS --' okowa + wike + udom+ Diri backing a sitting governor ...where will Apc get the money to outwit them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by Monjerk: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Still trying to figure out which one is the biggest, between APC and Nigeria problem.

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains Victor Giadom From Parading Himself As Member APC NWC by WATCHOVER(m): 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
babytoun:

Don't mind him ..talking about money exchanging hands as if he doesn't know the financial war chest of pdp in SS --' okowa + wike + udom+ Diri backing a sitting governor ...where will Apc get the money to outwit them?
I tire for the guy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Handlers Should Stop Him From Reciting Quranic Verses - Jaafar / Xerona Donald Duke Playing Guitar (Photo) / Age Cheat: Sack Ayade As Governor - PDP To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.