Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud (13333 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by chamber2(m): 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
. . .and how is life in those countries u mentioned? Better than Nigeria?

Nigeria is faring much better than the rest of them yet they don't give themselves global embarrassment as we do continuously.

Do you know it is even more difficult to do business in China than Nigeria and yet they are doing wonderfully well?Why are the Chinese doing well?Because of simple belief in their abilities and identity.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by dewol: 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2011
this saga of naija visa get worsen every day , majority think if they neva travel uk thy can not be a successful people
i think they face the music and all necessary  judgment should be done ,
Ikwikwikwi:

Thank God na Igbo people dem catch again, na Igbo people dey fall law pass us grin grin grin
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2011
chamber2:

. . .and how is life in those countries u mentioned? Better than Nigeria?

Nigeria is faring much better than the rest of them yet they don't give themselves global embarrassment as we do continuously.

Do you know it is even more difficult to do business in China than Nigeria and yet they are doing wonderfully well?Why are the Chinese doing well?Because of simple belief in their abilities and identity.

Oh please don't even go there, when it comes to sham marriage crime in the UK, Pakistanis and Nigerians lead the table, Chinese pple in the UK have their own identity in crime league in the UK, do ur research b4 u post.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by MaJBlige(f): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
This is utterly surprising.

Why is it that people havent started blaming GEJ for this particular case?

Means there is hope for GEJ, that one day - NairaLAnd people will see clearly.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by aparata: 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2011
W
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
justwise:

Oh please don't even go there, when it comes to sham marriage crime in the UK, Pakistanis and Nigerians lead the table, Chinese pple in the UK have their own identity in crime league in the UK, do your research b4 u post.
That means nothing and is irrelevant to the topic. Anyway I am not against people travelling and to be realistic people will always travel out ftrom populous developing countries to the West to seek their fortune. Again that is not saying that there are no opportunities in countries like India, China and Nigeria. Quite the opposite in fact
However Nigerians should go about getting their papers the legitimate way even if it takes longer.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by chamber2(m): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
Oh please don't even go there, when it comes to sham marriage crime in the UK, Pakistanis and Nigerians lead the table, Chinese pple in the UK have their own identity in crime league in the UK, do your research b4 u post.

My concern is,why can't we come home if we have nothing so serious doing abroad? Nigeria's ranking in crime is overflowing.If you listen to news everyday you must hear one.Every society has its own share of crime and criminals,if not y are laws created?But Nigerian situation is becoming alarming.

The ref.to China is to buttress the fact that it is not as such difficult to do business in Nigeria as people perceive.In reality,it is even more difficult to do business in China than Nigeria,and yet people make it in china.Simple belief and identity does the magic.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:20pm On Jan 28, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

This is utterly surprising.

Why is it that people havent started blaming GEJ for this particular case?

Means there is hope for GEJ, that one day - NairaLAnd people will see clearly.

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is responsible for this criminal behavior in many Nigerians youths, having served as Deputy Governor in Bayelsa, he used his enormous resources to arm youths with fake travel passports and his wife bribed UK immigration to let them pass so they can establish MEND UK for the purpose of fighting Oil Giants on their own turf. rather than stick with the plan, the Militants decided to get married to secure a better life. GEJ is to be blamed for all this  angry  angry  angry   grin  grin  grin satisfied now  grin
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by LiftedUp(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ chambers2
My concern is,why can't we come home if we have nothing so serious doing abroad?
Easier said than done, it is not as if there is something promising to go back to
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
chamber2:

[My concern is,why can't we come home if we have nothing so serious doing abroad? Nigeria's ranking in crime is overflowing.If you listen to news everyday you must hear one.Every society has its own share of crime and criminals,if not y are laws created?But Nigerian situation is becoming alarming.
The ref.to China is to buttress the fact that it is not as such difficult to do business in Nigeria as people perceive.In reality,it is even more difficult to do business in China than Nigeria,and yet people make it in china.Simple belief and identity does the magic.
Is that your concern.That they are abroad. Maybe  you are just mixing things up. It is highly likely that these guys would be scammers and fraudsters in whatever country they find themselves in. There are some people who make a career out of scamming and defrauding you know and are not interested in doing legitimate business.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by najalove: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ Steve_101  I find it VERY DISAPPOINTING that you would justify this behavior due to economic conditions.  I am not Nigerian.  However, I personally know first hand of several cases in which foreigners entered into a marriage with false intentions.  Irregardless of economic status, innocent lives (including children) have been affected by this selfish act.  Some of us really do marry for love.  So if the other party involved is in it just for papers, then they need to seriously reconsider this act.  Don't forget - we reap what we sow.  angry sad
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
chamber2:

My concern is,why can't we come home if we have nothing so serious doing abroad? Nigeria's ranking in crime is overflowing.If you listen to news everyday you must hear one.Every society has its own share of crime and criminals,if not y are laws created?But Nigerian situation is becoming alarming.

People may prefer to suffer outside Nigeria than in Nigeria, they may be happy to do unskill jobs and have basic infastruture than working in good offices in Nigeria and their security can't be guarantee, from 419 to kidnapping to suicide bombing, that is not a place one will be quick to return to. Even as good as China's economy is, many chinese are stilling risking their lives  to travel to Europ by all means.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by babaowo: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2011
when will nigerian stand up to face challengings ?
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2011
[[b]quote author=najalove link=topic=593769.msg7621638#msg7621638 date=1296228338]
@ Steve_101 I find it VERY DISAPPOINTING that you would justify this behavior due to economic conditions. I am not Nigerian. However, I personally know first hand of several cases in which foreigners entered into a marriage with false intentions. Irregardless of economic status, innocent lives (including children) have been affected by this selfish act. Some of us really do marry for love. So if the other party involved is in it just for papers, then they need to seriously reconsider this act. Don't forget - we reap what we sow. angry sad
[quote][/quote][/b]Totally agreed with u.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by chamber2(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2011

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is responsible for this criminal behavior in many Nigerians youths, having served as Deputy Governor in Bayelsa, he used his enormous resources to arm youths with fake travel passports and his wife bribed UK immigration to let them pass so they can establish MEND UK for the purpose of fighting Oil Giants on their own turf. rather than stick with the plan, the Militants decided to get married to secure a better life. GEJ is to be blamed for all this

Nigerian problem has been existing before GEJ came into politics and he can do little or nothing as a deputy,VP or even president for this short period. It took president Lee 30 yrs in office to build Singapore.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 28, 2011
Some people here have this myopic idea that there will ever be a time when all Nigerians would live in Nigeria. Well that will never ever happen regardless of how Nigeria is.
The question we should be asking here is why Nigeria produces so many sociopathic fraudsters and scammers and not where they are based.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by MrCork17: 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2011
I bet they was IBO people (no oofeinse) angry
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is responsible for this criminal behavior in many Nigerians youths, having served as Deputy Governor in Bayelsa, he used his enormous resources to arm youths with fake travel passports and his wife bribed UK immigration to let them pass so they can establish MEND UK for the purpose of fighting Oil Giants on their own turf. rather than stick with the plan, the Militants decided to get married to secure a better life. GEJ is to be blamed for all this  angry  angry  angry   grin  grin  grin satisfied now  grin
That's total rubbish. When did he assume presidential power and for how long has he been in politics by the way?
Anyway Nigeria has produced too many fraudsters and scammers for a very very long time now so for you to blame a potentate for that is just disingenuous.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
Mr, Cork:

I bet [b]they was IBO people (no oofeinse) angry[/b]

Cluster bomb.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Lexusgs430: 4:55pm On Jan 28, 2011
"He that has no sin should cast the first stone "
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by koolchicco: 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2011
Lexusgs430:

"He that has no sin should cast the first stone "

Gbam! undecided
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by dremoney(m): 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
This issue is so simple and straightforward.

We have different categories of Nigerians living abroad.

Some continuosly develop themselves and can wake up anyday and fit back into the system back home.
Some start well overseas and get stuck at some point.They cant either move forward or shift to reverse gear.Always one excuse or the other to hang on here.
Some come in here as the only hope for a better future.They certainly have no stake in the structural design of Nigerians economy.
Some have no ambition.They simply come here to study but end up following the wagon of obtaining foreign passport which will eventually be useless to them.

The plain truth is, either in naija or abroad, educated or not educated, in as much as you can afford the basic things of life and a few luxury,you are successful as a Nigerian.

My point is, we need to be honest with ourselves. I have met Nigerians with less than two yrs in UK complaining about electricity or security back home but they av been in that system all there flipping life before coming here. They end up living from hand to mouth,in an unskilled work, yet forming janded.

We need to face reality, if u r well educated, no matter how difficult naija is, u will always breakthrough at the end of the day. Nigeria is not a write-off.

UK and oda developed economies are at their boiling point. Even office workers cant save. Who can confidently say i am the MAN in my house without the wife's support in UK? There is no need to condemn, lets just deal with the thread and stop been short-sighted. Its not like the developed world is glittering. People with yankee passport sef dey run go Nigeria not to mention UK, mshew(kip fooling yourselves).
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by chamber2(m): 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2011

Some continuosly develop themselves and can wake up anyday and fit back into the system back home.
Some start well overseas and get stuck at some point.They cant either move forward or shift to reverse gear.Always one excuse or the other to hang on here.
Some come in here as the only hope for a better future.They certainly have no stake in the structural design of Nigerians economy.
Some have no ambition.They simply come here to study but end up following the wagon of obtaining foreign passport which will eventually be useless to them.

The plain truth is, either in naija or abroad, educated or not educated, in as much as you can afford the basic things of life and a few luxury,you are successful as a Nigerian.

My point is, we need to be honest with ourselves. I have met Nigerians with less than two yrs in UK complaining about electricity or security back home but they av been in that system all there flipping life before coming here. They end up living from hand to mouth,in an unskilled work, yet forming janded.

We need to face reality, if u r well educated, no matter how difficult naija is, u will always breakthrough at the end of the day. Nigeria is not a write-off.

UK and oda developed economies are at their boiling point. Even office workers cant save. Who can confidently say i am the MAN in my house without the wife's support in UK? There is no need to condemn, lets just deal with the thread and stop been short-sighted. Its not like the developed world is glittering. People with yankee passport sef dey run go Nigeria not to mention UK, mshew(kip fooling yourselves).

I think you are among the few sensible Nigerians abroad,keep it up.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by WackyJ1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 28, 2011
The reason i keep pounding on the head of Nigeria about her problems is because she is the giant of Africa we supposed to be talked about highly, mentioned when they are talking about world powers and so on. Those of you asking the common man what he is doing to improve Nigeria might as well hit their head against a brick wall( it achieves nothing). The only one in the position to do anything to improve Nigeria are the leaders of the main organizations of every relevant sector. The truth is, a vicious cycle is in play in Nigeria. The leaders eat money meant to develop nigeria, lack of development will led to tough life conditions for the people who will then result to corrupt practices to survive. Those saying the change starts with the common man are not realistic. The change starts from the top.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
dremoney:

Well don't judge anyone. Nobody owes you any explanation whatsoever as to their actions in the West as far as they are legitimate.
Everyone has their own life to live.  If you want to live in Nigeria then all well and good , but do not condemn others that choose to live abroad.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by MaJBlige(f): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2011
WackyJ1:

The reason i keep pounding on the head of Nigeria about her problems is because she is the giant of Africa we supposed to be talked about highly, mentioned when they are talking about world powers and so on. Those of you asking the common man what he is doing to improve Nigeria might as well hit their head against a brick wall( it achieves nothing). The only one in the position to do anything to improve Nigeria are the leaders of the main organizations of every relevant sector. The truth is, a vicious cycle is in play in Nigeria. The leaders eat money meant to develop nigeria, lack of development will led to tough life conditions for the people who will then result to corrupt practices to survive. Those saying the change starts with the common man are not realistic. The change starts from the top.

Honestly. Did you read this your verbose vituperations objectively before hitting the reply button?
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by WackyJ1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2011
The bolded part wasn't meant to be a vituperation.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by 677ano(m): 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2011
It does not matter what tribe they are. The issue here is that they are Nigerians and those in government  running Nigeria should be blamed.

This fraud, embezzlement etc started from the rulers of this great country where no one bothers about how you got rich or by what means
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2011
677ano:

It does not matter what tribe they are. The issue here is that they are Nigerians and those in government  running Nigeria should be blamed.

This fraud, embezzlement etc started from the rulers of this great country where no one bothers about how you got rich or by what means
These scammers have to take responsibility their own actions and they are facing up to the consequences of up to 3 years in the slammer.
They chose to scam and so should be ready to do the time for their crimes.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
WackyJ1:

The bolded part wasn't meant to be a vituperation.
But your posts are full of vituperations against imaginary enemies. Surprisingly though you avoid looking inwards and examining yourself. I wonder why
WackyJ1:

Igbos are everywhere. They are the most goal driven people. They'll do anything to achieve success. It could be because of jealousy or irritation. I have no problem with any other ethnic group apart from the hausas
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by MaJBlige(f): 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
677ano:

It does not matter what tribe they are. The issue here is that they are Nigerians and those in government  running Nigeria should be blamed.

These critics makes a good nollywood script.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday / Anyone Been To Luxembourg? / World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.