Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,913 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud (13331 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by seye4nii(f): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2011
Thats not the point here, if i have then i'm not proud of it and will not come here to justify it.

I'm not Yoruba, so can't not finish that@justwise,,,,,,,dis is not proudness, show off or justifying.  im only trying to tell u the reason why those guys did wat they have done nobody is saying its right buuuut hey u got to do something about it nd dat is one of it eeither legally or ille dis guys did not steal from nobody they pay 4 dis service and things goes wrng 4 them pls lets wake up,,,
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by MaJBlige(f): 1:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
shotuns:

NIGERIA I HAIL THEE,

I was at the Nigerian Embassy in Beijing 3 days ago and I was shocked at what I heard from one of the diplomats.  376 Nigerian citizen presently in prison in Beijing alone, serving jailed terms for mostly drug trafficking, overstaying their visas, fraud and so on ranging from death penalty,life imprisonment and 15 years. According to the source, she said in January 7th 2011 , three(3) Nigerians were caught with drugs at the airport and they will surely be executed.
  There are many other Nigerias in other cities and provinces in China right now serving terms too, where is this country heading to, getting worst everyday, we keep on making the headline every single day,  God help us,

Where is the country heading to? You blame the country or the people? who ow what makes up a country?
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by shotuns: 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ Ma J blige .

I guess you know the answer to that question you asked,
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by shotuns: 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ Ma J blige .

I guess you know the answer to that question you asked,
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Beync(f): 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2011
someone is missing here, mofo has been cuaght up tongue
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by ifyegede(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
Hmm, All dis just 2 b a British citizen. Wish they cud b dis desperate 2 acquire heaven's citizenship.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by ifyegede(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
Hmm, All dis just 2 b a British citizen. Wish they cud b dis desperate 2 acquire heaven's citizenship.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
All these Yoruba people, must you guys live in abroad??, I am also suspecting eku-bear, fstranger1, bluetooth, them they always yearn like ppl way their leg no strong for where they r, :-)) :-D :-P
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by sunny202: 4:56pm On Jan 29, 2011
ALL IS WELL
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by lastpage: 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
I do not support fraud. I do not try to justify Fraud BUT l take into consideration, like any rational and matured person, the "circumstances" under which a crime is committed. In LAW, it is called "MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES" and is used as a defense in court, to REDUCE the punishment.

N.B: I did not say "to ESCAPE" the punishment!

Having said that, there are three categories of Nigerians on NL.
1.) The completely ignorant ones that wallows in their ignorance and stupidity
2.) The pretentious ones that hides behinds his/her keyboard, to pretend they are what they are not! Infact, they are the exact opposite of what they pose to be!!
3.) The ones that come on here to learn, contribute, exchange ideas and benefit in general.

I would have added the "ethnically bigoted" ones but they are very small in number!

Take for example, someone like Dele Momodu: He went to UK and claimed Asylum, anyone that has gone through an Asylum process or have close friends that have gone through it will tell you (if they say the truth o!) that "Its all formed stories" to make "Oyinbo a Maga" grin
They tell "Oyinbo" how government wants to kill them, how their life is threatened but what you will never hear them say is "truthfully how they entered the UK or any other country in Europe, as of late!".
He got his Asylum/ Refugee status and in about three years, U.K Citizenship (based on that long tale!)
Today, he is one of the greatest critic of people who go abroad to seek Asylum (the same process he benefited from!  shocked )
I guess he falls into category 2, above.

I have seen a lot of them here on NL, they come here to "form and foam"
99.99% of them tell lies.
You can as well say they are fraudulent!
BTW: A very tiny fraction are lucky, by virtue of birth, parentage or relationship or HSMP, after a time, we got the "darn Paleee" wink wink
But we have no right to insult those who are less fortunate! It will be hypocritical!!

Now, lets look at the[b] flip-side of the coin:[/b]
Back in time, the Brits and other Europeans also defrauded us and carted away our resources (l know its a long time), l am just saying that "the Kettle cannot call the Pot BLACK"
Why would they use our natural resources to develop their country and make us poorer, only to now erect a lot of barricades/huddles, for us to "SHARE" in their environment? Did we invite them over here, back then or did they forcefully seize what was ours? Think my friend, THINK a bit!!

Why would they create a "European Union, (E.U) for example and say all citizens of 28 countries are free to travel, live and work and then shut Africans out? Americans can come freely, all Scandinavian countries can come freely BUT not "AFRICANS"?

These are the context under which l look at their "legitimate laws" at times.
You create a "system" that make people in dire need to suffer, how would they not try to devise a mean of "beating" that system. It is WRONG, l agree. But who committed the FIRST wrong?

Again, we must also look at the "actions and attitudes" of this western countries, in making our country what it is today

When our leaders/politicians steal our "National Wealth", where do they keep the loot? Europe and Americas and Scandinavia (Dubai & UAE of recent) Ben Alli of Tunisia stole so much, he kept in france!
What happens to the loot when they die? These countries simply confiscate them for their own use!
Would it not have been "honest and fair" to return them back to the country?

If that "Nigerian man/woman had a "viable environment" at home, why would he/she be so desperate as to go into a sham marriage?
I know its difficult for peeps who have never experienced "decent environment" to understand what life is like, under such. I know!!
If Shell and BP Oil companies have not polluted our N.Delta, would some of these armed boys not have taken to their traditional farming and fishing business?
Now, they tell you, if you cant marry a white man/woman, you have to go back to "your country that they looted and ruined" shocked
WE ALL OWN THE U.K and the whole of EUROPE grin grin grin It is our wealth that developed it.
Our Cocoa, our latex Rubber, our Groundnut pyramid, our oil and our looted treasury.
PEEPS ARE SIMPLY PLAYING "THE GAME" with Oyinbo people, win or loose.
I can go on and on!
So, before you start "yarn-ing " and sounding like Saint Pope John Paul, look at the big picture first!,
The least they can do, to have and stand on a "moral high ground" is to help us CHASE away, ARREST and JAIL our looting leaders!
I dont support criminality but l dont think we should loose our self esteem and "shake" every time Oyinbo gets a cold

@Seye4nii
The remaining 95% are just yarn-ing rubbish!
Some dont even know the details of what this "arraingee marriage" is all about!
I want those that are living (or have lived long enough) abroad, to educate my ignorant peeps that just feel they must "contribute" to any topic
@LASTPAGE thax very plenty,,,,by doing arrangee marriage does not mean u ar a 419, i for one did my arrnge marriage pay money for it and all went ok and later divorce and re marry to my patner and everybody is now ok,so if u ar unlucky and things go wrong 4u that is when u will have problem,so these guys are not doing it for free they have payed lots of money for it is not for free and im sure nobody will pray for such things to happen to their sis or bruv bcz after loosing money their immigration status also is f.u.cked,,,dis is a game of immigration status not a fraud,,, Cry Kiss

Thanks Seye4nii. It is "honest people" like you, that l like. Not those hiding behind computer to appear as if they are one Simon Peter of later day Nigeria grin grin

Anyway, lets take it easy on ourselves. We will right our wrongs and get our country on a good footing, one of these days.
In 1978, One Naira was = Two Dollars and equals = One Pound, fifty Pence.  We did not tell the Oyinbo people to get Visa before coming here, and they were every where. Today, fortune has reversed! Go figure the rest! wink wink grin

Cheers everyone.
BTW: Dont burst any pipe in your head/neck over my comment. Its just my point of view; feel free to state yours and we can have a light banter over it.

Addendum: @kayci-d77.
Its not compulsory at all for anyone to aspire to live abroad. Its not by force at all BUT l know that if we are honest, no one will choose to live where there are no hospitals, roads are death traps, drugs are fake, Police are worse than armed robbers, people get roasted like Suya, just for having a different religion/opinion/tribe, where schools are closed 75% of the time, unemployed graduates roam around looking for food and some nice ladies are tempted into prostitution, just to earn food money, compared to where the EXACT OPPOSITE EXISTS!
Its a natural inclination of human-beings to ALWAYS want to better themselves.
Thats why Marcopolo, Mungo Park and Lord Lugard traveled to Africa in the first place.   shocked wink grin
Cheers
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by lastpage: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2011
Meen, look back and realize that was a long post! grin
forgive me, those that dont have the attention span.
Just skip it pls.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by sulad82i(m): 5:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
desperate attempts , this is what a lot of immigrants do in oyinbo country. this is not a 9ja thing, oyinbo pple from other poor country self they do am
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by seye4nii(f): 5:42pm On Jan 29, 2011
All these Yoruba people, must you guys live in abroad//////////@ ifyegede which plannet ar u from,,is it only yoruba people dey oyinbo country?okocha and nwobodo or chinyere naa yoruba name shine yr blakbox now,
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by etaurus(m): 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
I cant help laughing
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by lastpage: 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2011
desperate attempts ,  this is what a lot of immigrants do in oyinbo country. this is not a 9ja thing, oyinbo pple from other poor country self they do am
Infact, if we go by statistics, the "expert" in this "arrangee marriage" business are the Eastern Europeans!
Their women have made it a big, money-spinning business, JUST BUSINESS grin
Since they joined the E.U., they would marry anyone, anywhere, get their money and give you E.U Passport in no time wink
After that, "they never saw u before" shocked shocked grin

BTW: I wonder why we Nigerians always vilify ourselves so much, as if we are the worst human's on earth?
Anyway, it shows that deep down, we are good people. Only good people can do a "self-examination" but we need to take it easy O!
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2011
Nigerians are not the only peole involved in sham marriage, even some British people marry for paper in the US. Whilst I do not support any illegal act, I don't subscribe to people demonising Nigerians as if we are the worst set of people on earth.

here is a story of a Pakistani man caught in sham maariage:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334062/Police-arrest-Lithuanian-woman-Pakistani-groom-sham-marriage.html
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 6:59pm On Jan 29, 2011
see his pics

Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2011
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
Another story of an Asian man who disguise himself just to get asylum in canada:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326885/Man-boards-plane-disguised-old-man-arrested-arrival-Canada.html
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
see his picture below:

Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2011
tunnytox:

Another story of an Asian man who disguise himself just to get asylum in canada:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1326885/Man-boards-plane-disguised-old-man-arrested-arrival-Canada.html
tunnytox:

Another story of a British man who stole the identity of a dead American:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1295202/British-man-stole-identity-dead-American-gain-U-S-passport.html
tunnytox:

Nigerians are not the only peole involved in sham marriage, even some British people marry for paper in the US. Whilst I do not support any illegal act, I don't subscribe to people demonising Nigerians as if we are the worst set of people on earth.
here is a story of a Pakistani man caught in sham maariage:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334062/Police-arrest-Lithuanian-woman-Pakistani-groom-sham-marriage.html
So we should go ahead and commit crimes cos other does it?
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by seye4nii(f): 7:12pm On Jan 29, 2011
Aba ni'kan n da ikan o le mo'kuta@tunnytox 9ice  pix 4 dose badbeelle people to see once again{GBOGBO WA LOLE,,,ITS A PROVERB,
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
@justwise
The answer is NO! criminals are every where so its not only a Nigerian thing. Imagine a British man stole the identity of an american to gain US passport , these kind of crime is never given so much publicity but if its Nigerians they'll say we don come again!
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2011
@seye4nii
Thanks cool
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2011
tunnytox:

@justwise
The answer is NO! criminals are every where so its not only a Nigerian thing. Imagine a British man stole the identity of an american to gain US passport , these kind of crime is never given so much publicity but if its Nigerians they'll say we don come again!

Please lets not pretend as if we don't know how bad some Nigerians are. Lets stop crying victim here. Those pple you mentioned there did the crime and do the time. Yes other nationalities commit crime but that doesn't make it right.

Why do we like comparing crime? It doesn't matter who committed it, crime is crime.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2011
seye4nii:

Aba ni'kan n da ikan o le mo'kuta@tunnytox 9ice pix 4 dose badbeelle people to see once again{GBOGBO WA LOLE,,,ITS A PROVERB,
Bad belle in what sense? That u bought ur passport? You don't need to get worked out, free urself.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by seye4nii(f): 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2011
So we should go ahead and commit crimes cos other does it?////YES OOOO as long as u  do not commit murdrer,steal,rape or ham no f.u.r.k.ng citizen dis is for a reason and the reason is to rectify yr immigrtn status and dont 4get is not freee u got to pay.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by seye4nii(f): 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
That u bought your passport///////////uve lost track oga who tell u dat i bought palii buying p/p is differnt frm arrangeeee marriage its even aesier to buy p/p than going tru the strees of arangeee be worn.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by tunnytox(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
justwise:

Please lets not pretend as if we don't know how bad some Nigerians are. Lets stop crying victim here. Those pple you mentioned there did the crime and do the time. Yes other nationalities commit crime but that doesn't make it right.

Why do we like comparing crime? It doesn't matter who committed it, crime is crime.

No one is pretending here crime is a reality of life

Yes some Nigerians are bad, same as some British, some Americans, some Australians some South Africans etc

No one is crying victim I'm just establishing the fact that Nigerians does not have monopoly to commit crime the way some people potray Nigerians here (especially foreigners on this forum and some long lost Nigerians -" Awon omo to ti so ile nu"wink are just too bad, some of these foreigners have worst criminals in their countries.

Those who got caught in the stories above are doing the time? yes and so are the Nigerians caught in these crimes, is there any proof that they are being treated differently?
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
seye4nii:

That u bought your passport///////////uve lost track oga who tell u dat i bought palii buying p/p is differnt frm arrangeeee marriage its even aesier to buy p/p than going tru the strees of arangeee be worn.
You paid to marry somebody for passport, so u bought that passport.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by justwise(m): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2011
tunnytox:

No one is pretending here crime is a reality of life
Yes some Nigerians are bad, same as some British, some Americans, some Australians some South Africans etc
No one is crying victim I'm just establishing the fact that Nigerians does not have monopoly to commit crime the way some people potray Nigerians here (especially foreigners on this forum and some long lost Nigerians -" Awon omo to ti so ile nu"wink are just too bad, some of these foreigners have worst criminals in their countries.Those who got caught in the stories above are doing the time? yes and so are the Nigerians caught in these crimes, is there any proof that they are being treated differently?

You will only have a valid point here if those Nigerians are wrongly accused, apart from that, all u are doing here is to give excuses after excuses.
Re: Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud by seye4nii(f): 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2011
so u bought that passport///////u ar still missing it i do not pay for p/p i pay to rectify my status which is[ inde] if u know the meaning and if u dont dat is another topic 4 another day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday / Anyone Been To Luxembourg? / World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.