Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? (19904 Views)

Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Yxxx: 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Your village people tie gele for your matter be dat except you are very tired just except o .
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Bukkiminat(f): 12:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
sholarr12:
Perhaps, because of the AC you dozed off? Or you didn't sleep well at night and that made you doze off?

Share your experience.

Why will you doze off during an interview? undecided undecidedis your mummy not praying for you?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Doyou2019: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
PussyKing:
grin grin
Perhaps our senators always doze off during seatings cheesy
Obaseki was once pictured sleeping in a UN summit last year.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Ubdavis(m): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
Its a typical example of sleeping in the labour room!
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by MRLANNISTER(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
Classic Nigerian youth. Unprepared, disoriented, distracted and voluntarily hopeless. I read the write up and I was too dissapointed. This is the difference between self belief and being a buffoon.

joviegghead:
Lol
Actually yes! We were kept in a room i.e me and other fellow applicants. We were told they'll call us one after the other.
The room was chill, bright. Perfect place to crash(sleep) , most especially after walking in the sun just to locate the place. And crash(sleep) I did.
Embarrassing!
My name was called twice. The first, I heard deep from my sleep. The second made me jolt. Bad timing.

I was so disoriented, unstable. All preparation throw outta window.
Was ushered into the interviewing room. Right in front of me was a pretty lady but with a Stern, straight face. And there I was with sleepy red eyes. I guess she noticed. I was embarrassed. She fine die.

Blabbed all through. Answered her questions stupidly. And i definitely didn't need anyone to tell me I wasn't gonna get the job.
I wasn't bothered anyway. Just wanted to give it a try.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
Your two eyes are wild opened sef den never give you job mtcheee grin
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
gaetano:
I haven't dozed off before, but I've farted unknowingly in an interview. It was a silent fart and mine smells really bad. I lost my confidence when the panel started looking at each other when they noticed. One of the most embarrassing days of my life. I fixed that problem with herbs i got from my village.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by jesse8048(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
toyotamuscle:
hi am in need of a job.i stay in abuja.i can work as a network admin.a
supervisor in a hotel or any other organisation.also I can work as an I T
support, I T officer.i can create and maintain WordPress sites.am a graduate
of publuc administration. I have a ccna from aptech.i can do any job so long
its not a professional work like accounting etc. job salary not below
50,000naira.chat me on whatsapp 08089411836.

Remove the salary part, not necessary.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by alizma: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
sholarr12:
Perhaps, because of the AC you dozed off? Or you didn't sleep well at night and that made you doze off?

Share your experience.

The topic should be, "has your village people ever followed you to an interview? "
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
Lol, no but I must admit that I have slept while writing exams.
I had just moved to Abuja to join my dad (now late), I was required to write and entrance exam before I'd be admitted into primary 2, well, given that I had started school late, learnt to speak English language at age 6 (lol, I spoke just Yoruba till I was 6 thereabout) so I wasn't so bright then, well, after I had got dome with English language part I was required to write a math exam, na there my my village pipu sidan on top my matter, I knew close to nothing and suddenly began to doze off, lol. It wasn't funny back then, I was in a pathetic state and my stepsister had to use the butt side of her umbrella to wake me up. Lol, na so I take repeat primary one oooo grin grin grin grin. When I remember that day I just laugh and I tend to use my experience as an example to parents, guardians etc not to be negative when a child appears to be dull because I was TERRIBLE, patience, love and dedication help a child grow and learn not insults and beatings.
Oh, back then in UI I would once in a while sleep while writing exams because I only assimilate and night (from 2100- 6am), and during exam period I would read back to back ooooo, so yea, about 5 times all through my year in school I slept due to fatigue.
cheesy cheesy grin Happy father's day to the amazing dads here. Let me chime this in, though late, my dad helped shape me greatly and his love, teachings and all keep moulding me daily.

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:
I had just moved to Abuja to join my dad (now late), I was required to write and entrance exam before I'd be admitted into primary 2, well, given that I had started school late, learnt to speak English language at age 6 (lol, I spoke just Yoruba till I was 6 thereabout) so I wasn't so bright then, well, after I had got dome with English language part I was required to write a math exam, na there my my village pipu sidan on top my matter, I knew close to nothing and suddenly began to doze off, lol. It wasn't funny back then, I was in a pathetic state and my stepsister had to use the butt side of her umbrella to wake me up. Lol, na so I take repeat primary one oooo grin grin grin grin. When I remember that day I just laugh and I tend to use my experience as an example to parents, guardians etc not to be negative when a child appears to be dull because I was TERRIBLE, patience, love and dedication help a child grow and learn not insults and beatings.
Oh, back then in UI I would once in a while sleep while writing exams because I only assimilate and night (from 2100- 6am), and during exam period I would read back to back ooooo, so yea, about 5 times all through my year in school I slept due to fatigue.
cheesy cheesy grin Happy father's day to the amazing dads here. Let me chime this in, though late, my dad helped shape me greatly and his love, teachings and all keep moulding me daily.
can i pm u? I don't have intention to cheat, even i don't have any of the relationship.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by noisy45(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
sholarr12:

Share your experience.

I did while filling my details on my record of office form
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Abeyjide: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
lai lai. ise aye ni yen oo
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
kokaneprodigy:
You can’t die of pneumonia with AC worst case u die of hypothermia
but all na die na, which she trying to avoid.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Fuckalldmods(f): 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2020
cheesy I remember few years ago when I went for an interview, all these kind of interview that you will wait at the waiting room/hall to the extent that you will almost leave the hall out of annoyance.
At a point I started feeling sleepy o, the more I tried to control it the stronger it becomes. Na me by myself advice myself to take a short nap before my eyes becomes clearer.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Torie8(f): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
cheesy grin cheesy Mine was last year November I went for a bank interview. The interview was scheduled to begin by 9am and we had to wait till 12noon before it began, so I slept between those hours to cool down cos I was having a headache.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
Volkswagen90:
but all na die na, which she trying to avoid.
i am trying to educate her, there’s a fallacy that cold causes pneumonia which is very false.

If u die as a result of exposure to cold it’s hypothermia not pneumonia.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by nkemdi89(f): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
My first and only job interview I lay on the long cushion, small pikin wetin I know , a lady now came in and said " my dear sit down joor" , at that moment I wasn't tensed again.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by kikelomojessy(f): 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Did you eat fufu that morning? Just why will you doze off.

I just remembered one interview I had years back.

I went on a Friday for the interview but dnt know what happened some of us weren't interviewed that day, we left the place around 5pm. On my way to the bus stop I saw an old friend, na so we start amebo gist that has never helped anybody till 7pm. I finally got a bus and The traffic on BADAGRY expressway wear tight jeans, mehn , I got home 1:20am (a day I will never forget, thank God my sis did not die of HPB). Nevertheless, I still woke around 5am continued my journey to the company. I did not sleep, my eyes dey shine like torchlight.

I got the job anyways as a receptionist.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by luminouz(m): 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

U went to UI? Cool.

Course and year?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
luminouz:

U went to UI? Cool.

Course and year?
French Language (department of modern European studies/FAC of Arts). 2014-2018.
You?
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by mhizoma(f): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
sleep on an interview day
not ordinary oo
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by luminouz(m): 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

French Language (department of modern European studies/FAC of Arts). 2014-2018.
You?

Geography 2012-2016!!

Lol,i will definitely know who you are. Arts Faculty has some of the finest gehs and free WiFi too so I'm almost always around the quadrangle.

I suck at french...but hearing y'all speak it then was sexy!!! Be my teacher? wink
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by luminouz(m): 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2020
nkemdi89:
My first and only job interview I lay on the long cushion, small pikin wetin I know , a lady now came in and said " my dear sit down joor" , at that moment I wasn't tensed again.

YOU!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by luminouz(m): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2020
MRLANNISTER:
Classic Nigerian youth. Unprepared, disoriented, distracted and voluntarily hopeless. I read the write up and I was too dissapointed. This is the difference between self belief and being a buffoon.

Will you shut it!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

Classic Nigerian youth kee u dia... undecided undecided undecided

Share yours or keep kwayet undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
sholarr12:

Share your experience.

Op ,just ask me when I almost got killed going for interview, Interview in Nigeria is a scam.
Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Blueelf: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
engrchykae:
The job seeker isn't serious.
During interview,sleep is the last thing you are supposed to think of.
Even village people power is not allowed to get to a desperate job seeker during interview

Abeg make we hear word.

Self righteousness. So you know what the average Job is eker in Lagos or even Nigeria goes thru...some come all the way from Abeokuta for an interview in Lagos on the same day....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by Blueelf: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
luminouz:

Will you shut it!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

Classic Nigerian youth kee u dia... undecided undecided undecided

Share yours or keep kwayet undecided undecided undecided

Abeg, no mind the idiot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dozed Off At An Interview? by madridsta007(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
sholarr12:

Share your experience.

Almost dozed off during my PhD Oral Defence, as we call it in the US... Didnt sleep for three days and three nights before it.
Then they asked the first question... stung me like a bee and made me realise that I was in a boxing heavyweight match.
Some hours later, to the glory of God, I came out very successful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Past Questions And Answers 2020/2021 / U.S. Embassy In Nigeria Recruitment For Gardener And Janitor (27 Positions) / How I Bought a car and built a house within a year from Fiverr freelancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.