Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony (4709 Views)

Amazing Story Of Shariffa Carlo's Conversion To Islam / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Why The High Rate Of Conversion To Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Lagosboy: 11:43am On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

I think I completely agree with this . . . . undecided

When push comes to shove, these people stick to their kind!

I'm sorry you felt the need to tow that line Ify, I pray God will open you eyes on time to see the errors in your ways! sad sad

Honestly, i never insult people and i try not to be angry but your comments honestly digusts me. Can you not respect someones choice to be whatever? You are free to invite her to whatever faith you like but to say "errors in her ways" is plain disgusting. She is a matured woman free to choose what she likes and if you care you could read the thread in which she created about her curiosity before she converted, perhaps you might have a change of heart yourself. She went on about 10 month journey into the knowledge of islaam before she accepted islam.  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359506.0.html

I respect whatever belief you believe in but will call you to research into islam , perhaps the grass might be greener for you on the other side. I feel a lot lighter now and my inital anger has vanished  wink , i call you with all due respect to understand islam as a faith before you make a judgement on "errors" . With all humility I invite you to worship your creator without associating any partners to him, I invite you to ask questions about islam to enhance your wealth of knowledge and plead with you to accept my invitation

Have a great day sister !!
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by mukina2: 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2011
Why cant people mind their own business

Is ify the first conversion story here on NL?

I agree with her though, this thread will bring nothing but insults and anger from others . I dunno why people feel the need to be the judge of what others do or do not do.

There had been stories from both sides and no one raised anything, cant people let others chose their own way

smh.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2011
mukina2:

Why cant people mind their own business

Is ify the first conversion story here on NL?

I agree with her though, this thread will bring nothing but insults and anger from others . I dunno why people feel the need to be the judge of what others do or do not do.

There had been stories from both sides and no one raised anything, cant people let others chose their own way

smh.

What are you talking about undecided

I gave my personal opinion to Ify because she's someone I truly respect on this forum. She's an adult and has every right to make decisions that affect her life and those of her family and me giving her my opinion does not mean I'm judging her!

Please if you don't know what to say, you might want to check the next thread! angry angry

Lagosboy:

Honestly, i never insult people and i try not to be angry but your comments honestly digusts me. Can you not respect someones choice to be whatever? You are free to invite her to whatever faith you like but to say "errors in her ways" is plain disgusting. She is a matured woman free to choose what she likes and if you care you could read the thread in which she created about her curiosity before she converted, perhaps you might have a change of heart yourself. She went on about 10 month journey into the knowledge of islaam before she accepted islam.  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-359506.0.html

I respect whatever belief you believe in but will call you to research into islam , perhaps the grass might be greener for you on the other side. I feel a lot lighter now and my inital anger has vanished  wink , i call you with all due respect to understand islam as a faith before you make a judgement on "errors" . With all humility I invite you to worship your creator without associating any partners to him, I invite you to ask questions about islam to enhance your wealth of knowledge and plead with you to accept my invitation

Have a great day sister !!

I dey laugh . . . grin grin
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by mukina2: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2011
why does it pain you so much grin? and btw YOU are not the only one that posted something about her converting, so i dunno why you felt the need to reply. cheesy

Do find a glass of cold water, drink that and smile, have a nice day cheesy wink
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by spikedcylinder: 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

I'm sorry you felt the need to tow that line Ify, I pray God will open you eyes on time to see the errors in your ways! sad sad

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
What the. . . . ?! Uju, are you serious about this? So because Ify, as an adult woman, decided to change to a religion quite different from yours, there must be error in her ways? Are you serious?!!! shocked
Wait, you were joking abi?
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by denzel2009: 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2011
idina siratal mustakim.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by mukina2: 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2011
what did you drink today? grin
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by denzel2009: 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2011
mukina2:

what did you drink today? grin

The same thing you gave me yesterday wink
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by mukina2: 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2011
tufia!!! nor lie for me oh angry
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Lagosboy: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

What are you talking about undecided

I gave my personal opinion to Ify because she's someone I truly respect on this forum. She's an adult and has every right to make decisions that affect her life and those of her family and me giving her my opinion does not mean I'm judging her![/b]Please if you don't know what to say, you might want to check the next thread! angry angry

I dey laugh . . . grin grin
Ujujoan link=topic=594534.msg7703443#msg7703443 date=1297333062:

I'm sorry you felt the need to tow that line Ify, I pray God will open you eyes on time to see the [b]errors in your ways! sad sad

Except judgement means a different thing, you have already judged her as the opposite of being right is being in ERROR.

You do not need to laugh as you are not OBJ but rather like Mukina advised take a cold drink and look into islam yourself as it might benefit you.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2011
spikedcylinder:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
What the. . . . ?! Uju, are you serious about this? So because Ify, as an adult woman, decided to change to a religion quite different from yours, there must be error in her ways? Are you serious?!!! shocked
Wait, you were joking abi?

The way people talk about this thing as if changing a religion is changing a location!  undecided

Religion is a way of life . . . It's not something you wake up and say  'Oh how about I go over to the other side that appears to be greener . . '  undecided

I certainly do not know why she made the decision and I bet she must have being convinced she was making the right one. I just don't agree . . .  undecided
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2011
Lagosboy:

Except judgement means a different thing, you have already judged her as the opposite of being right is being in ERROR.

You do not need to laugh as you are not OBJ but rather like Mukina advised take a cold drink and look into islam yourself as it might benefit you.

I have no need for that, I'm perfectly happy where I am. I do not feel the 'pull' she described so I think I'll pass on that!

I saw the sermon you gave to her on that thread and I think it's just classic! Unfortunately, I'm not moved.

You are good muslim and I have nothing against you or your religion . . . . I just feel sad that Ify felt the need to do what she did!

But hey, to each his own! undecided
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Lagosboy: 3:57pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

I have no need for that, I'm perfectly happy where I am. I do not feel the 'pull' she described so I think I'll pass on that!

I saw the sermon you gave to her on that thread and I think it's just classic! Unfortunately, I'm not moved.

You are good muslim and I have nothing against you or your religion . . . . I just feel sad that Ify felt the need to do what she did!

But hey, to each his own! undecided

Sister, The objective of me inviting you is not to be moved but rather to understand the concept of islaam which will enable you make fairer assesments in the future. Life is not always black or white and the rule in life is that one needs to understand something in detail in order to make an accurate judgement on that thing.

Feel free to always ask questions about islam so that next time you hear one of your friends have become muslim you would know how to deal with the situation better. Make sure you read the thread till completion whenever you have the time and ask what you dont understand.

I wish you our Lords guidance always wink
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2011
Lagosboy:

Sister, The objective of me inviting you is not to be moved but rather to understand the concept of islaam which will enable you make fairer assesments in the future. Life is not always black or white and the rule in life is that one needs to understand something in detail in order to make an accurate judgement on that thing.

Feel free to always ask questions about islam so that next time you hear one of your friends have become muslim you would know how to deal with the situation better. Make sure you read the thread till completion whenever you have the time and ask what you dont understand.

I wish you our Lords guidance always wink

I like you . . . you are polite. which is somthing that cannot be said for most people on NL! undecided

I'll respect your wishes and try to be more objective in my veiws about your religion. But dont expect me to one of your converts sha . . . cheesy
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Lagosboy: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

I like you . . . you are polite. which is somthing that cannot be said for most people on NL! undecided

I'll respect your wishes and try to be more objective in my veiws about your religion. But dont expect me to one of your converts sha . . . cheesy

Never say never . . . grin. But seriously i do appreciate the time you took to reply to me and your promise of objectivity. I am a muslim but i try never to castigate a whole faith and I try to explain islam to anyone without putting down the other persons faith. I try to but we are all not perfect .

There is no substitute to knowledge and the more you know about something the better analysis you can make and the better the objectivity as well . Another advice is to look at islam as a faith and not only analyse islam from the actions of muslims. True, our actions should be a reflection of our faith but unfortunately many of us dont act upon the principles of islam.

I sincerely wish you our Lords guidance always! wink
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by spikedcylinder: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

The way people talk about this thing as if changing a religion is changing a location!  undecided

Religion is a way of life . . . It's not something you wake up and say  'Oh how about I go over to the other side that appears to be greener . . '  undecided

I certainly do not know why she made the decision and I bet she must have being convinced she was making the right one. I just don't agree . . .  undecided

Ha! I'm sure she doesn't agree with the way you live your life either (not just her for that matter, many many many others) but you don't find anyone calling your life an error because of personal decisions you've either made individually or with members of your family.
We need to be more open minded about these things, seriously.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 10, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Ha! I'm sure she doesn't agree with the way you live your life either (not just her for that matter, many many many others) but you don't find anyone calling your life an error because of personal decisions you've either made individually or with members of your family.
We need to be more open minded about these things, seriously.

Ohhhh spikey leave me jor . . ahan! angry angry

ehen so what if I talk say na error nko? no be my mouth I take talk am? If na you do am sef, I go still tell you the same thing sef! tongue cool cheesy
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2011
Lagosboy:

Never say never . . . grin. But seriously i do appreciate the time you took to reply to me and your promise of objectivity. I am a muslim but i try never to castigate a whole faith and I try to explain islam to anyone without putting down the other persons faith. I try to but we are all not perfect .

There is no substitute to knowledge and the more you know about something the better analysis you can make and the better the objectivity as well . Another advice is to look at islam as a faith and not only analyse islam from the actions of muslims. True, our actions should be a reflection of our faith but unfortunately many of us dont act upon the principles of islam.

I sincerely wish you our Lords guidance always! wink

Thanks! cool cool
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by spikedcylinder: 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

Ohhhh spikey leave me jor . . ahan! angry angry

ehen so what if I talk say na error nko? no be my mouth I take talk am? If na you do am sef, I go still tell you the same thing sef! tongue cool cheesy

I'm atheist. Oya, talk make I hear. angry
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^ [size=18pt]error error error error error error error error error error [/size]

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by denzel2009: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
spikedcylinder:

I'm atheist. Oya, talk make I hear. angry

shocked shocked shocked shocked Depart from me ye worker of iniquity.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by spikedcylinder: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ujujoan:

^^^ [size=18pt]error error error error error error error error error error [/size]

tongue tongue tongue

denzel2009:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Depart from me ye worker of iniquity.

Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by mukina2: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
grin
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by denzel2009: 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2011
No weapon(be it gay yellow gloves) fashioned against me shall prosper.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
Spikey . . . I dodge am! cool cool
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by agabaI23(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
;d :d undecided
roflmao
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ifyalways(f): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2011
greateros:

Ify!
Ichosia ebe i ga eje feechi gi oburu na nke ndi na kpoisiala! Ewuu nmwanem! Ndo inugo!

Nnegi na nnagi ga si oburu na ha malu ha ka ewepu afo-ime gi oge odi onwa abuo!

Mata amata na onweghi oge ndi isi-ala ga ewe gi ka nwane ha ni hi na ibu onye igbo!

Chigi meregi ebere!

Get your acts together cause it seems you are a thoroughly confused being! Now i believe you truly contacted that 419herbalist guy for solutions out of your desperation. To think i was boldly defending you on that trade with my other ID.
Me,Ifeoma and herbalist?Aside being and staying blissfully Ignorant you are also confused.In ur haste to spew rubbish,u fooolishly assumed i was[b] Ivynwa [/b]
As per ihe ndi ozo i dere,biko ga kuo isi gi na okwute or daba na mmiri. cool

agabaI23:

;d :d undecided
roflmao
lolz.
Its very funny.Strangers springing up to assign themselves roles . . .my OWN life kwa? cheesy
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by kolaoloye(m): 9:15am On Feb 14, 2011
I strongly believe that the link below will be profitable to someone.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-199114.0.html

Religion alone cannot take anyone to heaven.
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by agabaI23(m): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2011
Chei
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by spikedcylinder: 12:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
ifyalways:

lolz.
Its very funny.Strangers springing up to assign themselves roles . . .my OWN life kwa? cheesy

Gbam!!!! cheesy
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by agabaI23(m): 6:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
Ify congrats in your new found faith grin grin grin grin
Re: Conversion To Islam : Ifyalways Pls Share Your Testimony by ifyalways(f): 12:22pm On Feb 17, 2011
agabaI23:

Ify congrats in [b]our [/b]new found faith grin grin grin grin
Sweetheart kiss
May the Peace of the Lord be with you.Amin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islamic Poetry / A Retort To The Takfeeri Of Ilorin. / What's Wrong With Tmc ( The Muslim Congress)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.