Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting (29828 Views)

Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business / Sagay To National Assembly: British Parliament Can’t Summon Queen / Court Grants Victor Giadom Access To Operate As APC Acting Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by abc115: 1:42am On Jun 25, 2020
The legal advice the President got is mischievous’

NWC snubs parley, says President ill-advised

10 governors, many state chairmen ‘won’t attend’

An eminent professor of law Itse Sagay (SAN) on Wednesday urged President Buhari not to participate in today’s All Progressives Congress (APC) National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting called by Victor Giadom.

He said Giadom had no right to summon the meeting because a deputy national secretary is not in line to succeed the national chairman.

Besides, Sagay, who chairs the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), said the ex-parte order Giadom is relying on to claim acting chairmanship had since lapsed.

He said: “I’m stunned by this turn of events. How can a deputy national secretary have the ambition to be the chairman of a party when you have deputy chairmen and vice-chairmen?

“That is why it is absurd. It does not make sense. His position makes it impossible for him to be the acting national chairman.

“Second, he is relying on an ex-parte order in which he alone was present and the court gave him an interim order in March. These orders last for 14 days.

“He turns up in June to say it has been extended – something that is dead, that does not exist and has lapsed. That is the second absurdity. If he had applied for a fresh order, that would have been different.

“When I heard of the developments, I was stunned into silence. I’m so stunned as to how such a person could be given legitimacy at the highest level.

“The legal advice the President got is mischievous in the extreme because there is no court order to extend since it does not exist. It died two weeks after it was made. The line of succession of the chairman cannot come from the Secretary.

“So the whole thing is an absurdity. I always hear of the theatre of the absurd, but this is one of the worst I’ve ever heard of.”

Asked if he would advise the President to reconsider his position, Sagay said: “That’s my view. And as someone pointed out, seven days’ notice is needed for such a meeting. Only three days have been given.

“So I would advise the President to step back from this matter and not participate in it.”

For Seyi Sowemimo (SAN), it was essentially a political matter and the President had taken a decision in furtherance of what he felt was in his best interests.

“A president in opting to recognise somebody is also acting in his own best interest. It’s not strictly a legal matter; it’s all politics.

“If you go to a third court, don’t be surprised that another conflicting decision may be given,” Sowemimo said.

He blamed the courts for the conflicting decisions and confusion.

“We have been complaining about these judges: it’s only for elections and petitions that we come with contrary injunctions flying here and there.”

Sowemimo noted that some judicial decisions seem to be giving the impression that the courts are abandoning their former stance of non-involvement in party affairs.

He said: “The decision of the courts in previous years was not to get involved in the internal affairs of political parties, but I am beginning to think that there is more to the involvement of the judges than meets the eye, because there’s that feeling that the judges themselves seem to be interested. Otherwise…they shouldn’t be speaking with different voices.

“In recent years, our courts have not been as reliable as they should, in terms of giving clear cut decisions on issues of law.

“Look at the case involving the governorship in Imo and Bayelsa states; people were disappointed at the outcome.

“So, it’s politics and personal interest amongst politicians and they have only just managed to drag the judiciary into the fray.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/sagay-to-buhari-dont-attend-giadom-led-nec-meeting/

6 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by whizzler: 1:46am On Jun 25, 2020
The president is really losing it. This action of his and the eventual result of the meeting will go a long way in saving or burying APC.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by GoldChest(m): 1:52am On Jun 25, 2020
Tinubu is begging Buhari not to attend the NEC meeting through his media outfit, TheNation Newspaper.

Tinubu should concentrate on milking LAGOS and the entire south west dry with his Amala style of politics and leave Federal level for the real Jagaban, Buhari.

But if Tinubu refuses and keep pushing his already dead luck, then EFCC would be unleashed on his bullion bullion vans case .

212 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by emilas1979(m): 1:54am On Jun 25, 2020
This man is chief among the people that makes buhari and his staffs to see Nigerians as their slaves.

You said you are a lawyer and you are encouraging people you work for to disobey court orders.

I am made to understand that every court ruling most be obeyed, even when its given under alcoholic influence.

It's time his appointment is terminated, he has over-served his usefulness

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:15am On Jun 25, 2020
When we call tinubu local champion him people they vex, tinubu should focus on Lagos and Osun and leave national for men to play

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by jchioma: 2:21am On Jun 25, 2020
I stand with Buhari on this. Itself Sagay can go stick his opinion somewhere else. Jagaban no reach! Oshi-omo-ole de learn am.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Freestainworld(m): 2:35am On Jun 25, 2020
this professor of madness will not allow this man to make his personal decision one the first time in his life.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by fineboynl(m): 2:52am On Jun 25, 2020
when I saw the nation I knew it's up for tinubu.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Bishop4bella(m): 2:57am On Jun 25, 2020
Mr. Sagay, have you forgotten that the man [Buhari] you are advising is one way traffic...First come first serve.

After all Gerba said he's respecting rule of law.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by kahal29: 2:59am On Jun 25, 2020
I set laugh

3 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by saltyatarodo: 3:39am On Jun 25, 2020
Buhari will attend rhe meering and heaven won't fall

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by sapientia(m): 3:43am On Jun 25, 2020
This confusionist again

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by helinues: 3:56am On Jun 25, 2020
The media are the one misleading the public.

There is no APC NEC meeting today in the first place..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Thelimitbreaker(m): 4:01am On Jun 25, 2020
See wailers everywhere.... Tinubu matter no dey make them sleep... Tinubu i swear you be super star for Naija Politics

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by nairavsdollars(f): 4:04am On Jun 25, 2020
Sagay is on Tinubu's payroll. I know its only the Nation that will report this

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Yebosola(m): 4:20am On Jun 25, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Sagay is on Tinubu's payroll. I know its only the Nation that will report this

Las las una go kill unasef over Tinubu, Prof of Law is talking, u are cry over Tinubu

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by DEROX: 4:31am On Jun 25, 2020
A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK ITS OVER FOR TINUBU tongue BUT YOU DONT KNOW HIM 17/21 NWC MEMBERS ARE PRO TINUBU HOUSE OF REP IS CONTROLLED BY HIS BOY FEMI GBAJA WAIT AND SEE

11 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by XXLMANDIGO: 4:33am On Jun 25, 2020
Baba Sagay go siddon somewhere, your mouth is smelling cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 25, 2020
The tackle should be with Supreme court to nullify the Appeal court order not with the president.

Would you want the president to disobey a court order and his name would be dragged across the globe again as a dictator who does not obey the constitution?..

You want him to destroy his already stigmatized name at your expense?... politics does not work that way...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Bari22: 4:48am On Jun 25, 2020
I'm enjoying this drama

2 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by DEHVEHLOP(m): 4:49am On Jun 25, 2020
This one is clearly not a biafrans matter.

Igbo amaka people, shey you dey hear?

8 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by princeade86(m): 4:51am On Jun 25, 2020
So u are to give Mr president instructions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by finnacle2020: 4:51am On Jun 25, 2020
I wish our politicians will pay more attention to governance than 2023

1 Like

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Sammysolution: 4:53am On Jun 25, 2020
The War is here, and it's not over until it's over .
Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by lichocho(m): 4:54am On Jun 25, 2020
Thelimitbreaker:
See wailers everywhere.... Tinubu matter no dey make them sleep... Tinubu i swear you be super star for Naija Politics
bros na u de wail..u wey de sleep no fit even talk something reasonable..people de talk of how deh play fast Nd furious on tinubu u de talk of wail..Wales ko bale nee...

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:54am On Jun 25, 2020
grin
Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:55am On Jun 25, 2020
whizzler:
The president is really losing it. This action of his and the eventual result of the meeting will go a long way in saving or burying APC.

I was stunned into silence. I’m so stunned as to how such a person could be given legitimacy at the highest level.[/b]
[b]
oga bank alert for press statement this is just the begin

better go now and check your self into a hospital ahead of time because the next one will be heart attack for you

stunned ko shocked ni

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by Gandollaar(f): 4:55am On Jun 25, 2020
Sir Gay grin

4 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by musa234(m): 4:57am On Jun 25, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
This one is clearly not a biafrans matter.

Igbo amaka people, shey you dey hear?
Are you guys not tired of all these rubbish tribal slurs,?joblessness is not good walahi.

16 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by princeade86(m): 5:01am On Jun 25, 2020
Yebosola:

Las las una go kill unasef over Tinubu, Prof of Law is talking, u are cry over Tinubu
prof of law indeed. Have u forgotten that all our profs have no brain because of politics. They always twist everything to their own side to the extent that our graduates can't differentiate corruption from thiefing.

11 Likes

Re: Sagay To Buhari: Don’t Attend Giadom-Led NEC Meeting by SmartPolician: 5:01am On Jun 25, 2020
GoldChest:
Tinubu is begging Buhari not to attend the NEC meeting through his media outfit, TheNation Newspaper.

Tinubu should concentrate on milking LAGOS and the entire south west dry with his Amala style of politics and leave Federal level for the real Jagaban, Buhari.

But if Tinubu refuses and keep pushing his already dead luck, then EFCC would be unleashed on his bullion bullion vans case .

Huncle, Tinubu was not the key person in this news story

Why are you making your comment all about him?

Did he snatch your bride?

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin To Obaseki: You Won't Be In Power Forever / Why Tinubu's Visit To Obasanjo Is Shaking The Table / INEC Registered A Bowl Of Rice As A Voter In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.