Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Ladies-please Bail Me Out-i Need Real Answers For My Dutch Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies-please Bail Me Out-i Need Real Answers For My Dutch Friend (608 Views)

She Asked Me Out. I Declined. Now She Is Making My Life Hell. / Ladies Please Be Honest: ...who Would You Rather Kiss? (((Pictures))) / If I Tell You Im A Virgin, We Get Married And You Find Out I Lied.reactions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ladies-please Bail Me Out-i Need Real Answers For My Dutch Friend by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2011
Dear Nairalander Sisters( Home and Abroad)
Please I would be happy to hear your opinion concerning the mail sent to me by the girlfriend(Dutch) of one of my friend(Dutch). She currently writing her final year paper on changing beauty for ideal Nigerian women and she wants a candid opinion from me. I thought it will be good if get general opinions concerning her request. Please see the bolded questions below. Thanks in advance for your comments.

[b]Lieve Jonathan,

How are you? Good to hear that you're making good progress with your thesis.
As Guido already mentioned, I am now writing a paper on the changing beauty ideal for women in Nigeria and I was thinking: who would be better to ask for his opinion than Jonathan?

So I would really like to ask you a few questions!

The paper especially deals with the desireable body size for women in Nigeria. I read many articles about plumpness being (still) a mark of beauty in many societies in Nigeria, but also about the changing ideal into a thinner figure.

•What would you say the general ideal body for women in Nigeria is now in terms of body size? (When you look at popular celebrities and the type of body that young girls aim for, for example)
•Do you experience that the body ideal for women is changing/has changed in Nigeria? And if so, what do you think that provoked this change?
•Do you experience there is a different body ideal in rural and urban areas? And for younger/older, ritcher/poorer women?
•Do women still visit 'fattening farms' (is this the right way to call it?) before getting married and if so, what kind of women do?
•If you would like to add anything, please do, smiley
Thanks so much in advance for your effort and time.
I hope you are doing well and have a lot of fun in Delft. You are always welcome in Leiden!

Kind regards and many greetings, Nienke[/b]
Re: Ladies-please Bail Me Out-i Need Real Answers For My Dutch Friend by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2011
jojohnson:

Dear Nairalander Sisters( Home and Abroad)
Please I would be happy to hear your opinion concerning the mail sent to me by the girlfriend(Dutch) of one of my friend(Dutch). She currently writing her final year paper on changing beauty for ideal Nigerian women and she wants a candid opinion from me. I thought it will be good if get general opinions concerning her request. Please see the bolded questions below. Thanks in advance for your comments.

[b]Lieve Jonathan,

How are you? Good to hear that you're making good progress with your thesis.
As Guido already mentioned, I am now writing a paper on the changing beauty ideal for women in Nigeria and I was thinking: who would be better to ask for his opinion than Jonathan?

So I would really like to ask you a few questions!

The paper especially deals with the desireable body size for women in Nigeria. I read many articles about plumpness being (still) a mark of beauty in many societies in Nigeria, but also about the changing ideal into a thinner figure.

•What would you say the general ideal body for women in Nigeria is now in terms of body size? (When you look at popular celebrities and the type of body that young girls aim for, for example)
•Do you experience that the body ideal for women is changing/has changed in Nigeria? And if so, what do you think that provoked this change?
•Do you experience there is a different body ideal in rural and urban areas? And for younger/older, ritcher/poorer women?
•Do women still visit 'fattening farms' (is this the right way to call it?) before getting married and if so, what kind of women do?
•If you would like to add anything, please do, smiley
Thanks so much in advance for your effort and time.
I hope you are doing well and have a lot of fun in Delft. You are always welcome in Leiden!

Kind regards and many greetings, Nienke[/b]

Clearly she was wrong as you no know sef lol.

I can't help too much as I'm not in Nigeria. Speaking from personal experience though, my goal is to be healthy, not necessarily slim or a certain way. Healthy and being slim or average usually go hand in hand though.
Re: Ladies-please Bail Me Out-i Need Real Answers For My Dutch Friend by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ogugua88,
Thanks for your comments. it is noted. Please ladies and guys, I will appreciate your comments. regards

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Still Inlove? / Love And Money!whats The Connection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.