Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? (2740 Views)

#100wasteddays Trending As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Review President Buhari. / Nigerians Take Olisa Metuh/PDP To The Cleaners!! / Will Nigerians Take To The Street If Fuel Subsidy Is Removed? Revolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 3:59pm On Jan 30, 2011
Egyptians in the US made a protest at the UN - as in Mubarak must go.

Our own only talk but no action. They sit behind the computer and laugh at everyone but themselves.

What is wrong with Nigerians?
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by johndoe200: 5:54pm On Jan 30, 2011
Could it be because they are NOT NIGERIANS?
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by Ikengawo: 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2011
^LMAO!

wtf would i be protesting at the UN?
most Nigerians like Goodluck, most egyptians hate Mubarak
Goodluck has been in power less then a year, Mubarak has been in for 30
Goodluck is not a dictator, Mubarak is a dictator
We're about to have an election were we can take out goodluck if we want, egyptians get arrested for voting the wrong way.

quit comparing the two countries. Nigerians can't realize what a problem is but always talk about problems. Nigerian's problem isn't a lack of overthrows, it's an abundance of confused people like the original poster
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by olaolabiy: 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Egyptians in the US made a protest at the UN - as in Mubarak must go.

Our own only talk but no action. They sit behind the computer and laugh at everyone but themselves.

What is wrong with Nigerians?
What did the last protest achieve,Missy?

You are really trying to get us riled up, abi? Enjoy yourself oo.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by blacksta(m): 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ikengawo:

^LMAO!

wtf would i be protesting at the UN?
most Nigerians like Goodluck, most egyptians hate Mubarak
Goodluck has been in power less then a year, Mubarak has been in for 30
Goodluck is not a dictator, Mubarak is a dictator
We're about to have an election were we can take out goodluck if we want, egyptians get arrested for voting the wrong way.

quit comparing the two countries. Nigerians can't realize what a problem is but always talk about problems. Nigerian's problem isn't a lack of overthrows, it's an abundance of confused people like the original poster

lol

See how you yab GEJ special advisor to NL - that is a treasonable offence - 1000 hours licking GEJ bum.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by violent(m): 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2011
Qeueu?

Is that a new word?
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by tpiah2: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2011
what are they supposed to riot about?

their original problem was with yaradua, and since he's been replaced by goodluck, a southerner, we're all happy, content and overjoyed right now.

werent you there during the tshirt revolution that put gej in power?

how many revolutions do you want sef.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by Mobinga: 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2011
Nigerians in Diaspora Those ones are not Nigerians jor. All they do is stay sit in front of their laptops and write thrash. I wonder why they are even on Nairaland sef angry
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by EzeUche2(m): 6:50pm On Jan 30, 2011
Most Nigerians in the Diaspora do not know what is happening in Nigeria. They sit oblivious to what is happening. They enjoy Nigerian parties, say how proud they are to be Nigerian and act like nothing is wrong.

They go to the posh areas of Lagos or go to Abuja and believe all of Nigeria is like that.

Nigerians in the Diaspora are not connect to what is happening in Nigeria. I am pretty sure that most Nigerians do not know where Jos is located in the map unless they have family in the region.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2011
Brilliant discussion.

Ok. So, the diasporic Nigerians are clueless about Nigeria and whats going on in Nigeria? Hence they cant revolt. ok, granted. How come they are the ones that makes the most noise on Nairaland, SaharaReporters, 234next, etc?

I am confused what is their plot then.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by tpiah2: 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2011
people can talk nah.

just dont consider it more than talk, until further instruction.

they make noise because there's no nepa or phcn overseas.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by EzeUche2(m): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Brilliant discussion.

Ok. So, the diasporic Nigerians are clueless about Nigeria and whats going on in Nigeria? Hence they cant revolt. ok, granted. How come they are the ones that makes the most noise on Nairaland, SaharaReporters, 234next, etc?

I am confused what is their plot then.

What are you talking about? Most of the Nigerians who comment on Nairaland, were born and raised in Nigeria. Very few Nairalanders were raised in the West. Haven't you realized that by now?

And many of the Nairalanders who comment only went to the West to further their education. I am pretty sure most know what is happening in Nigeria.

For example, I go to a university in the U.S., but when I am not at the university, I am at my home in Port Harcourt. Do you understand now? Even though many Nigerians would consider me an "ajebutta," I still know what is going on.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2011
ok - as in talk is cheap?

EzeUche_:

What are you talking about? Most of the Nigerians who comment on Nairaland, were born and raised in Nigeria. Very few Nairalanders were raised in the West. Haven't you realized that by now?

And many of the Nairalanders who comment only went to the West to further their education. I am pretty sure most know what is happening in Nigeria.

For example, I go to a university in the U.S., but when I am not at the university, I am at my home in Port Harcourt. Do you understand now?

Bros, you are contradicting yahself nah. Na be you just say most of them no know anything about Naija?

EzeUche_:

Most Nigerians in the Diaspora do not know what is happening in Nigeria. They sit oblivious to what is happening. They enjoy Nigerian parties, say how proud they are to be Nigerian and act like nothing is wrong.

They go to the posh areas of Lagos or go to Abuja and believe all of Nigeria is like that.

Nigerians in the Diaspora are not connect to what is happening in Nigeria. I am pretty sure that most Nigerians do not know where Jos is located in the map unless they have family in the region.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by safariman(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2011
Thought the protesting originally started in Egypt and the Diasporas joined in
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by Ikengawo: 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2011

not true. most nigerians in Nigeria don't know what's happening in NIgeria.

as an american i have access to any piece of information in the world about anything in the world. I can tell you the temperature in Jos way before someone in an Akwa Ibom village can.

There's 3 computers in my house alone and i went through one of the world's best education systems (or at least one several times better then Nigeria's). Most Nigerians don't know anything past their immediate reality due to a lack of access to information (libraries, good schools, electricity, computers, information based television ect.)

diaspora nigerians even heard nigerian music before nigerians do now.
the MINUTE it drops, where as nigerians hear it once it's popular in their area.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by EzeUche2(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

ok - as in talk is cheap?

Bros, you are contradicting yahself nah. Na be you just say most of them no know anything about Naija?

First we must divide the "Diasporic" Nigerians. Which ones are you talking about?

-Children of Nigerian immigrants who were raised in the Diaspora.
-Nigerians who immigrated to the West to further their education or find a job

Those are the two main groups. You also have smaller group within those groups, such as the Nigerians who were raise in Nigeria, but they are from the elite.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^^

Ndigbo bros.

Diasporic is diasporic - dont come and lecture us here.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by EzeUche2(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ikengawo:

as an american i have access to any piece of information in the world about anything in the world. I can tell you the temperature in Jos way before someone in an Akwa Ibom village can.

There's 3 computers in my house alone and i went through one of the world's best education systems (or at least one several times better then Nigeria's). Most Nigerians don't know anything past their immediate reality due to a lack of access to information (libraries, good schools, electricity, computers, information based television ect.)

the MINUTE it drops, where as nigerians hear it once it's popular in their area.

Ogini?  grin shocked grin

If you were not raised in Nigeria, you would not understand Nigeria like someone who was raised there. It is as simple as that. You can have all the technology you want in the U.S., but you still will not know what is happening on the ground.

And you do not give the Nigerian people any credit. Word spreads fast in Nigeria. It is not like we do not have the technology to get in contact with our brethren all across the nation. Most people in the villages even have cell phones. Plus, they have radios, which keeps many Nigeria wired to what is happening throughout their region and the country in general.

I guess you haven't been to Nigeria in a while.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by EzeUche2(m): 7:08pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

Ndigbo bros.

Diasporic is diasporic - dont come and lecture us here.

I will lecture you as much as I want, so you better listen. grin You hear me?
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ikengawo:

Hahahaha. How can someone with enough sense make this statement?

as an american

Who cares if you are American or Iraqi? what difference does that make to the topic then?

There's 3 computers in my house alone

Only 3? Some of us have seven.

So? This then means they are masters on Naija matters?

i went through one of the world's best education systems

No wonder. Best indeed. We can see. Thats why there "is" 3 computers and not there "are"
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by LoveKing(m): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2011
@op

Next time dont open your trap to keep rubbing PDP/GEJ's azz

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

thanks violent.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^^

what has he said?
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by buzugee(m): 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2011
viva la revolucion viva la revolucion viva la revolucion
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by efisher(m): 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2011
IMHO, Nigerians do not need to take a Qeueu queue cue from the Egyptians at this time. We have since passed that level. We passed that level when we moved from Military rule to Civilian rule. Even if we havent reached perfection at least we have started We passed that level when so many people were killed during the IBB and Abacha riots. Let's not forget so soon. That was what led to the death of those we refer to as the heroes of democracy.

Today, we should be taking a Qeueu queue cue from countries like USA! Or if that is too far, we can start from Ghana. I do not see anything attractive in what the Egyptians are doing looking at their long history. In fact they should be learning from us.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by violent(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^^

Most scholars spell it as "cue" NOT "queue" nor "Qeueu"

damn!, do we have to teach English on every thread?
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2011
LOL.

thank God the English language is not my mother tongue.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by violent(m): 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2011
lol, i bet neither is rational thinking a family thing!
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by EzeUche2(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2011
violent:

^^^

grin grin grin

I didn't want to say anything, but I find it funny when Nigerians try to correct each other's English, but make a mistake as well.

Thanks for pointing that out to people.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by EzeUche2(m): 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

LOL.

thank God the English language is not my mother tongue.

If you are going to speak or write a language. Do it right. Even if you are speaking in Igbo, Ibibio, Yoruba, Hausa etc, speak the language right or don't do it all.

Thank you.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by MaJBlige(f): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2011
thank you.

Just to take focus from the topic abi?

Kids.

LOL.

Turning a typo into an issue. Go wipe your dirty butt holes with sand paper.

Back to the topic, rational people.
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by violent(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2011
^^
lol

I must confess, there is a part of the energy you discharge that i find quite interesting  cheesy
Re: Why Cant Diasporic Nigerians Take A Qeueu From Egyptians In The Us? by efisher(m): 8:54pm On Jan 30, 2011
violent:

^^^

Correction noted. Thanks. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian States Crippled By High Debt / Five PDP Reps Defect To APC / Abdulsalami Calls For Change In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.