Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit (66893 Views)

Supreme Court Ordered EFCC To Return ₦9bn To Dauda Lawal In 2021 / Dauda Lawal: Supreme Court Orders EFCC To Return ₦9Bn To Ex-Bank Director / Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by KoeChz(m): 6:58am On Jun 30, 2020
uniqueboi1:
shocked

#78,900,000,000.00 kiss

No be small money...
Believe me, this is a bait. 2023 agenda Apc knw they r losing greatly wt pdp in charge of rivers, resource wise n voting power. Fed government is owing virtually all the states on fed gov projects. And just only 5states were refunded 3pdp states including balyesa and cross river. And of the 5states river state got more than 50% of the 148b refund. Even states like akwa ibom with executed fed project total 140b were nt considerd for refunding

1 Like

Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by EagleNest(m): 7:04am On Jun 30, 2020
There is nothing money cannot do except to bring back the dead. Think about it.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by HRMK: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2020
LIKE SERIOUSLY?WIKE WANTS BUHARI TO VISIT RIVERS STATE?
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by cyrilamx(m): 7:37am On Jun 30, 2020
ChemicalReaction:
Dear Governor Wike, can you now do us a favour by working on Choba road?

That particular road is a death trap.
This statement/request of urs reminds me of those creditors who monitor their debtors on receiving credit alerts at d end of the month, to ask for repayment of their debts. I guess you were waiting for Wike to get this alert. Politicians, hmmm. He will tell you it just approval and is yet to be credited to coffers of Rivers State. Anyway, kudos to the president.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by gawu1: 7:44am On Jun 30, 2020
KoeChz:
Believe me, this is a bait. 2023 agenda Apc knw they r losing greatly wt pdp in charge of rivers, resource wise n voting power. Fed government is owing virtually all the states on fed gov projects. And just only 5states were refunded 3pdp states including balyesa and cross river. And of the 5states river state got more than 50% of the 148b refund. Even states like akwa ibom with executed fed project total 140b were nt considerd for refunding
Keep politics aside and applause good governance if you see one.
The just passed 2019 was elections year. Yet APC did not do well in Rivers state, it deed went ahead and won the election generally. That should inform you that the party can possibly still win even without Rivers' votes in any future election. If it were for election sake as you opined, is it not likely that those states which gave the party votes would have been considered first? Is Rivers state more richer resource wise than the federal government under APC control?
Your line of reasoning is not only child-like, it is too childish.
The real people who know the meaning of the refunded money are happy but your types are here making unfounded and uninformed noise.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by cyrilamx(m): 7:47am On Jun 30, 2020
35824L:
No governor has abused PMB. They all know that he is their father.
Only fayose did when in power and PMB never dignify him with a response. Were it ObJ in power, Fayose would have learnt to recite Roman figures one to hundred.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by surgical: 7:50am On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

Leave Lagos matter for we Lagos people

U Sud be concerned abt abia and ebonyi
original suffer head.shio
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by gawu1: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2020
cyrilamx:
Only fayose did when in power and PMB never dignify him with a response. Were it ObJ in power, Fayose would have learnt to recite Roman figures one to hundred.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Kinematics: 7:55am On Jun 30, 2020
Hunchogee:

Really tell me something...just wow

You think I'm as gullible as you are. When they give you chicken change you start singing praises and opening multiple propaganda threads.

Poverty of the mind is something you need to work on. Its smelling all over you.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Biggers82(m): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2020
When money is involved Wike is Humbled hahahhahhhaha
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by FahBuLous: 8:09am On Jun 30, 2020
joepepsy:
You're earning 5k per month? Are you communicating with dimwits.
Do you have a job for me pls??

1 Like

Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Elvictor: 8:16am On Jun 30, 2020
princesso16:
Wike want take style invite Buhari to River State so that e go come ask am about the Ogoni clean up where Buhari send Osinbajo to come and deceive River State people.
but Baba no go gree come

unwise saying.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Elvictor: 8:18am On Jun 30, 2020
Nanavati:
wike is a good man
you are not in Rivers State, are you?
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Kinematics: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2020
Dansuqi:

I agree they are being neglected but they are not controlled by APC.see what partisan hatred can cause.I don't like pdp but when they bring a good candidate like umahi or dankwambo,you can never ever see me castigate them.I rate umahi as the best in the south.I remember last year collation for guber polls in rivers,I was busy hoping and permutating on how aac might miraculously win wike of how APC would have won had they been on the ballot.you were busy lambasting me...you knew wike will not do much but you wanted him to win.let's hope you riverine guys can queue behind Abe or another formidable candidate in 2023

There is something you dont understand. APC has a bad name in Rivers. Not because it's a bad party but because it's the party that brought down Goodluck Jonathan. That sentiment will everly remain in the hearts of Rivers people and I guess the SS at large.

Yes for me Wike was never the best candidate, but his party PDP has cemented itself in the state as the force to reckon with. All other parties are just pretenders unless something miraculous happens.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Elvictor: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2020
Awoo88:
Buhari and his people are trying to cut Ameachi to size. rebellious Abe is already an NNPC board member without Ameachi's input. This romance with Wike will put a nail in Ameachi's coffin

Amaechi doesn't play local games, ask Adams
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Elvictor: 8:23am On Jun 30, 2020
Kinematics:

Ahoada East, Abua/Odual, Ahoada West, Degema. Please what has Wike's government done in these areas?

absolute nothing, apart from sharing guns.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Aphiemy: 8:24am On Jun 30, 2020
Seunmsg, how does governors Nyesom Wike's show of appreciation for something worthy of appreciation translate to sending message to Atiku?

an average S/Southerners and S/Easterners are not hypocrites like our brothers from S/westerns. Wike is only being real like a typical South/Southerners.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Elvictor: 8:27am On Jun 30, 2020
KoeChz:

wait for your turn uncle
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Ijaya123: 8:33am On Jun 30, 2020
SLAP44:
I love Wike's political sagacity grin

Keep your friends close, and keep your detractors closer.

How exactly is he keeping his detractors close? By placing a newspaper advert? grin grin grin

Nairaland self-appointed political analyst will not kill somebody.

1 Like

Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by BigBee78: 9:21am On Jun 30, 2020
seunmsg:
Wike Thanks President Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn Spent In Fixing Federal Roads To Rivers State, Appeals For A State Visit

Wike the smart guy. Is he sending a coded message to Atiku? grin grin grin Well, time will tell.

On a serious note, kudos to president Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo for the kind gesture. They have demonstrated real leadership by releasing the money and refusing to play the usual silly politics that Nigerian politicians are known for.

haha.. Would #OBJ the mean bros or #GEJ do this to an opposition guvnor?? Never! kudos to #BabaBubu jare!!!
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Dansuqi: 9:36am On Jun 30, 2020
Kinematics:

There is something you dont understand. APC has a bad name in Rivers. Not because it's a bad party but because it's the party that brought down Goodluck Jonathan. That sentiment will everly remain in the hearts of Rivers people and I guess the SS at large.

Yes for me Wike was never the best candidate, but his party PDP has cemented itself in the state as the force to reckon with. All other parties are just pretenders unless something miraculous happens.

Sir no vex oh.your argument about gej won't fly.why would rivers people with a large number of non indigenes be more pained about gej than bayelsa his own state? Can rivers love him more than bayelsa? Bayelsa have moved ahead and even voted APC for governor,I don't see what excuse rivers has....many of these APC states were once pdp states to the core even more than rivers.

Ikwerre is not the only place in rivers.enough of the neglect of other areas.rivers does not start and end in ikwerre areas.I think only an ogoni or riverine governor will develop the rural areas and I don't see wike giving power to a non igbotic person
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by emezuo17: 9:46am On Jun 30, 2020
MrBachelor:

You know, there used to be a time when you post intelligently. Not anymore, unfortunately.

In your wisdom what message is he passing to Atiku?
What's the big deal about this anyway?
. You have energy and time to reply omenka? The hatred that flows in that guy's vein against igbos is worse than Corona virus, I pity him though, because the way he is going he may kill himself one day, and to think this guy is even idoma, who share common boundary and cultural affinity with igbos makes it more worrisome, I pity who ever he will marry later.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by omenka(m): 9:51am On Jun 30, 2020
CilicMarin:

This one is already shedding tears ....
He is the most confused of those Nnamdiot Cownu referred to as Ps and Is. Dying for the Party of Tax Collectors one minute and the next minute dying for Ipod.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by adekolaelect(m): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2020
realstars:
Dinning With Your Enemies Is Risky
who tell you enemies dey for politics ?? But ignorance online and off line supporters .

Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Dmano: 10:08am On Jun 30, 2020
edudguy:
Its a lie I had to chack the date of the Newspaper to confirm. Is this the Same Wike that insults Buhari at every chance he gets. Was not Wike few months ago that was threatening fire and brimstones on the President and even threatened to expose him
yes nah,how can he spend that kind of money and not be refunded,and you want him to smile with the Federal government abi?
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Usorohtheman(m): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2020
Wike don humble.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Kinematics: 10:30am On Jun 30, 2020
Dansuqi:

Sir no vex oh.your argument about gej won't fly.why would rivers people with a large number of non indigenes be more pained about gej than bayelsa his own state? Can rivers love him more than bayelsa? Bayelsa have moved ahead and even voted APC for governor,I don't see what excuse rivers has....many of these APC states were once pdp states to the core even more than rivers.

Ikwerre is not the only place in rivers.enough of the neglect of other areas.rivers does not start and end in ikwerre areas.I think only an ogoni or riverine governor will develop the rural areas and I don't see wike giving power to a non igbotic person

It's obvious you dont understand me. Jonathan being from Bayelsa does not change the sentiments of millions of people in Rivers State. Remember his wife is from Rivers and even at that Jonathan Ogbia is same people with Rivers Abua/Odual. Well that's that I for one wish this sentiments fade fast.

Concerning Ikwerre, when power changes hands the deeds of Amaechi and Wike in sidelining other tribes in Rivers State as regards to development and employment will come to hunt them.
It's a matter of time.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Awoo88: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2020
Elvictor:

Amaechi doesn't play local games, ask Adams
The Fulani's are cleaning the house. What political value does Ameachi without rivers??
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Mrpojj(m): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2020
seunmsg:
Wike Thanks President Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn Spent In Fixing Federal Roads To Rivers State, Appeals For A State Visit

Wike the smart guy. Is he sending a coded message to Atiku? grin grin grin Well, time will tell.

On a serious note, kudos to president Buhari and Vice President Osinbajo for the kind gesture. They have demonstrated real leadership by releasing the money and refusing to play the usual silly politics that Nigerian politicians are known for.

He has enough money to offset pensioners now, that's if he will do so
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by subcbouy: 11:46am On Jun 30, 2020
Dansuqi:

Yes I know oyigbo and etche are heavily neglected but they are not APC dominated areas na
who tells you is not APC dominated area? If I don't know I won't have said it.
Re: Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2020
adekolaelect:
who tell you enemies dey for politics ?? But ignorance online and off line supporters .
Don't mind him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

73-Year-Old Woman Challenges Tinubu And Atiku To A Walk In Abuja / Fatai Owoseni Controls Traffic In Ikorodu (Photos) / Unknown Gunmen's Car Spoils On The Road In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.