Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,415 members, 7,843,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... (74248 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by lekki1444: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
your friend is overreacting. In my past life before i knew about the laws of Karma I would have done the exact same thing and i am the most honest guy you ever met. I have no problem pocketing money from banks if they overpaid into my account because i know banks are insured against these types of incidents and plus i see banks as faceless entities who dont feel pain like individuals. however that is my past life and i wouldnt do that now only because i fear karmic repercussions. my point is you are overReaCting. she is just an opportunist is all.

having said that she is someone with a small mind who does not think ahead and she is not very smart. so she ditched a whole account and compromised her BVN and her name and reputation for some tashere money ? its a different era in banking now and you cant do that when they have your BVN. SHE IS NOT TOO SMART. she is the type to burn bridges

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by greggng: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
SSpeter:
A friend is calling off his wedding plans because he thinks his girlfriend lacks integrity. They have known for about 3years and he has not complained about her to me or any one.

Problem started when he got a call from the bank pleading with him to tell his girlfriend to reverse/return the excess amount credited to her account when she visited the bank to make a deposit into her account. He called his account officer to investigate the issue. The account officer confirmed that she got excess of what she wanted to deposit and she has moved all the funds to another bank.

She used the guy as her next of kin that was how they could contact him. He called his babe who denied initially but reluctantly agreed when he divulged that the bank contacted him. Dude became angry and paused all wedding plans.

The lady s begging and has cried her eyes out...what do you think? can you compromise integrity...?

I got permission to write about this here incase you think xyz and my friend is a Nairalander!

That is a criminal lady not a wife material ...the red flag is there ...she will never change.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by khalids: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

so what's ur point exactly. I can see u leave in fear but I don't, don't assume everyone is like you.

Lol.............
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by chinnasa: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
If she is truly sorry let him forgive her and she has to refund the excess but i think there is more to this than just the excess cash. But wait oo integrity is everything.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by luminouz(m): 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
Mr. Integrity are you related to the mofo that returned some millions found in a carton of indomie?? Wait! Manner will fall from heaven on the 12th of July... How come we have so much honest people online yet our society is corrupt and rotten..
I'm not corrupt. I have returned 450k before to the owner even when I didn't have to.

So speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

You are right babe. Its too bad when its even by a lady.
years back I went to withdraw money at the bank I didn't use my ATM. I asked for ten thousand naira and the lady at counter counted the money and gave it to me. I did not count it. I just put it in my pocket and left.
I had already boarded a taxi when a call came in. "Hello Mr. Oluwaseun, I am sorry the money I gave you is more than you asked for. I know you did not count it. I gave you double pls sir can you help me by bringing it back" the lady begged.

I dipped my hand in my pocket counted the money and it was twenty thousand. So, I called her that on my way back from where I was going I would bring it and later I did.

If I had denied it there was nothing she could have done with it. She would only need to balance her account by refunding it from her pocket, but Integrity is too important to be ignored by me.

The guy has done well. But he could still tamper justice with mercy.
cheesy:DOga softly dey lie ... No matter the denomination there's a huge difference bw 10k and 20k in weight and by mere glancing with the eye... You thought she won't find outcheesy... Chai everybody is a saint onlinecheesy
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by zomoears(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
tales... Banks are the biggest thieving institution known to mankind... They quickly remembered there is a next of kin to be contactedcheesy... My brother leave matter.. God is not stupid

Says an outsider who doesn't know the difference between "institutionalised theft" and the private hustles and a bank staff/worker.

The bank takes from you in terms of charges and all. But the bank will never give you by mistake. Someone inside must be made to pay for it and undergo punishment for the error.

Like I said,na ur family members when de work for bank go de make this kind error so that people like u go benefit. Please say a big Amen to that.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by wizdomnzube(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
I won't Talk, but me I know if na me I nor go return anything grin

This banks don too run us street.

All the same, all malam with he kettle. Make una no quote me oh
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
zomoears:

Says an outsider who doesn't know the difference between "institutionalised theft" and the private hustles and a bank staff/worker.

The bank takes from you in terms of charges and all. But the bank will never give you by mistake. Someone inside must be made to pay for it and undergo punishment for the error.

Like I said,na ur family members when de work for bank go de make this kind error so that people like u go benefit. Please say a big Amen to that.
wait wait wait! So you be insider... Thunder fire the whole nigerian banks and their staffs...amen .. Una don use this thread run my battery since morning... I am coming back to tackle the remaining mentions
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by abdullahi45: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
How much are we talking about here.... Pay excess money enter my account and be waiting for integrity...integrity bawo... Because she is a woman... She even used the mofo as her next of kin... I need to marry that babe. Hypocrites everywhere!

Yeah. I think she deserves a second chance. See people acting like angels here, when some people's past and even present are more filthy than this...

I think she has a good record since the guy never had any issue worth reporting to his friends with her. She should be given a second chance, that might just be a mistake from her side...
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
luminouz:

I'm not corrupt. I have returned 450k before to the owner even when I didn't have to.

So speak for yourself.
wow ... I am impressed you should be holding a public office... You'll definately have my vote.. Can you do same for 450million
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by zomoears(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
wait wait wait! So you be insider... Thunder fire the whole nigerian banks and their staffs...amen .. Una don use this thread run my battery since morning... I am coming back to tackle the remaining mentions

Was.

This thing pain you o!

But Sha,I understand. Most staff don't agree with the way the system is run. But since you "begged to apply" for job, you just have to do it. E de pain me to see how banks have designed a system that takes and gives back little or nothing.

But one thing is sure, any error is paid for by someone somewhere in more than one way. Don't ever think "the bank made an error". Na person fate and future be that o,so just jejelly return any excess to save person destiny.

My 2 naira.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by abdullahi45: 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
ITbomb:
After 3 years, you want to take such drastic action for a first time offence?

Unless you are tell me she has been doing such, since she has shown remorse, forgive and move on.

What's the guarantee that another won't have worse character

I agree that she deserves a second chance.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by luminouz(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
wow ... I am impressed you should be holding a public office... You'll definately have my vote.. Can you do same for 450million

So long it's not mine, I will return it. I was a student when I returned the 450k,was extremely broke too but it never crossed my mind to keep that money for myself. My mama raised an alpha, not a coward and a thief.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by luminouz(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
abdullahi45:

I agree that she deserves a second chance.

I don't agree.

But the story is fake anyways
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by abdullahi45: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
luminouz:

I don't agree.

But the story is fake anyways

Why?
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by zmpp(f): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
How much are we talking about here.... Pay excess money enter my account and be waiting for integrity...integrity bawo... Because she is a woman... She even used the mofo as her next of kin... I need to marry that babe. Hypocrites everywhere!

Stop supporting nonsense. Anyway, she must be your type because bird of a feather folks together.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Henri8: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Saintinoo:

Those banks are also robbing us, they hardly return the illegal charges on our account.
If you think you can have an angel as a wife, then try and watch your own life and see if you have no fault.
Angel? One who has stolen people's money, moved it to another bank is not an angel.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Elvis778(m): 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
Saintinoo:

I will think about what she does right, and if it outweights d wrong, i will forgive her, but warn her not to try it again.
You can't just end your marriage plans because of this, we all are criminals one way or the other. I believe you friend is not 100% pure.
hope you know women? during marriage plans, they try to put up their attitude, but after marriage, you will start seeing their true colour,
now if this is her best attitude,
what will her worst look like?? that's the problem here...
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by zomoears(m): 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
ITbomb:
After 3 years, you want to take such drastic action for a first time offence?

Unless you are tell me she has been doing such, since she has shown remorse, forgive and move on.

What's the guarantee that another won't have worse character

Babe sef should be d one calling it off.

Imagine, she will be walking on eggshells all her life, afraid to make a mistake again lest he does something drastic. That one no be life.

The guy should learn to moderate his reaction to issues. Unless there isa precedence or history of lack of integrity on her part, calling it off should be when she shows no remorse even when she has been caught.

But she fxckup sha. Hope she has learnt her lesson.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Henri8: 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

until its "your" money that is sent by mistakes to a stranger's account, and then you will be singing a different tune and crying like a lil girl to get your hard earned money back. wrong is wrong however desperate and hungry a person may be!
No mind am. Na Nigerians way.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by SmartPolician: 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
Trayceey:
yes of course. Hardened enough to kill you son of a bitch. Better watch your back

Give me your phone number

I would love to die lying on your chest grin
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
kalufelix:
cheesy:DOga softly dey lie ... No matter the denomination there's a huge difference bw 10k and 20k in weight and by mere glancing with the eye... You thought she won't find outcheesy... Chai everybody is a saint onlinecheesy

grin
Guy like seriously, that was a true story.
Let me shed more light on it. I am an interior and exterior designer. I got a contract and I needed Marble to finish it. I was on the way to buy Marble but I knew the money on me was not going to be enough. So I quickly branched at the bank. I was in a hurry so, when the lady handed the money to me I did not count it. I was in a hurry and had other things in my mind.
How on earth she made the mistake I don't know. She might have thought it was another customer.

When she called I can remember vividly she said, "Sir I know you did not count it, because I saw you put it in your pocket immediately." And that was the truth. I don't count money already counted by electronic machine or ATM . I don't have that kind of time.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by kalufelix(m): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
zmpp:

Stop supporting nonsense. Anyway, she must be your type because bird of a feather folks together.
So you too are calling for her head cos of this? Well, I hope he cancels the wedding and orders for an angel from heaven..
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Iseoluwani: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
SSpeter:
A friend is calling off his wedding plans because he thinks his girlfriend lacks integrity. They have known for about 3years and he has not complained about her to me or any one.

Problem started when he got a call from the bank pleading with him to tell his girlfriend to reverse/return the excess amount credited to her account when she visited the bank to make a deposit into her account. He called his account officer to investigate the issue. The account officer confirmed that she got excess of what she wanted to deposit and she has moved all the funds to another bank.

She used the guy as her next of kin that was how they could contact him. He called his babe who denied initially but reluctantly agreed when he divulged that the bank contacted him. Dude became angry and paused all wedding plans.

The lady s begging and has cried her eyes out...what do you think? can you compromise integrity...?

I got permission to write about this here incase you think xyz and my friend is a Nairalander!

good for her. she lacks trust
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by yoursidenigga(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2020
Gerrard59:
The story is false.

Questions: which Nigerian bank will plead with a third party to convince a fraudulent person to return excess cash? You mean a Nigerian bank cannot freeze withdrawals from her account? Use BVN to trace accounts she might have in other banks and tell them to do same? Use police through court order to arrest her? They went through a third party pleading? Nigerian bank, plead? How come a Nigerian spinster will use the name of the man she is yet to marry as NoK rather than her mother, father or siblings?

Fake news!

Use all these measures on maybe a small amount of money? Don't sound woke when you lowkey sound stupid cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by mybbcnews: 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Look at comments up there figuratively tying d lady to a stake and calling for her head on a spike.

So, this is d reason he wants to call off the wedding? I have no words, posterity will judge.
Posterity will judge you first for turning a blind eye to the truth.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by viktuur(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
I believe she should be forgiven, if she has learnt her lessons.
She made her fiance her next of kin, how many ladies will do that. There are things that we did back then that we will Never do again if the opportunity presents itself again- Selah
SSpeter:

Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by Baloranking(m): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
paix:
It's the girlfriend; not the boyfriend o.

I know grin just the picture difference.
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by mich2012: 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
chii8:
Waoo... this is huge,you know....most issues in today's marriages gave a warning sign at the beginning but the "love is blind" saga won't let people use their God given common sense.

Very true
Re: A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... by mich2012: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
decatalyst:

And lack integrity is worth losing a marriage proposal for!

She can kill and pin it on someone else. Integrity is key!

Hmmm. This is true. Integrity is everything especially in marriage

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Wedding Reception Order Of Programme / Stereotype About Only Sons / The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.