Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation (39809 Views)

French Troops Begin Withdrawal From Niger Republic / Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" / Trump's Administration Is "Irresponsible" - Joe Biden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by emmnprince(m): 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

Why does this man like destroying things painting his image black infront of international community, what is his gain?

WHO that has been in existence even before he started nursing his presidential ambition is what he's withdrawing support from.

Why not probe them and see how they have been spending the money being given to them all this while? Does he think finding a cure to a pandemic disease is that easy?

Yes we know you contribute alot to the growth of WHO, but will you make other country who are benefiting from them suffer just because of your stupidity?

This man is just sick, he's not helping America, but he's destroying their image.

Please don't quote me if you dont have any sensible thing to say, sometimes I throw away my home training to respond harshly.

Don't throw away your home training o ogbeni!
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by obama30: 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2020
Islie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/07/politics/us-withdrawing-world-trade-organization/index.html

This covid-19 have target, But to me all this men that are busy stealing money has sickness already, and they always in Europe or America for medical tour, now that no way to travel to Europe and their drugs is finished, they don't have option than to accept dead as punishment for refused to build good hospital. I wish more Covid-19 to all administrators that refuse to build and equip hospitals. one day something will make them to build and equip schools in Nigeria.RIPieces

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Chukwudozzie(m): 11:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
SmartProf:
Terrible news...its like big brother withdrawing from the big brother house. This will affect global health funding seriously. However, another powerful nation will step into the ring and do the needful

Who's willing, over ½ a billion dollars no be beans

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
alezzy13:

How can you put a pathological lying, tax evading, serial bullying, unvarnished rascist, pusyy-grabbing adulterer in charge of the US??
You watch too much CNN

3 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by saxywale1: 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
Bar1941:

WHO has little to suffer from such withdrawal, it is African nations and other third world countries around the world that will suffer.
Exactly. They still get their salaries in dollars. Na African countries and other 3rd/4th world countries go hear am.

African leaders better start researching on Herbal drugs or start funding their universities to create their own cheap drugs instead of the handout from WHO and other organizations. Bill Gates might step in though. Who knows.

They might just get that Bill Gate's vaccines or drugs they have been avoiding afterall since African leaders love awoof cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by pyrex23(m): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
SmartProf:
Terrible news...its like big brother withdrawing from the big brother house. This will affect global health funding seriously. However, another powerful nation will step into the ring and do the needful

china..

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wunmi590(m): 11:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
emmnprince:

Don't throw away your home training o ogbeni!

Lol cheesy
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Vicvalentine: 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
ceejayluv:

I guess Opera news and conspiracy blogs are the real news
I don’t know where you get your informations from.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Vicvalentine: 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
Golan007:

Actually, look in the mirror.

grin

Glad you know what to do wink
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Kingdelex(m): 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
China afa, take over biko,since you want everything

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wunmi590(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

But do you know that this very WHO also covered up for China about covid-19 causing so many deaths worldwide.
If WHO can cover up for China who isn't funding WHO that much, what do u think will when next something else happen.

Honestly, I'm aware, since they are the largest funder of WHO, there should be a step toward this rather than just cutting them off completely.

I'm only fighting for other country who are really benefiting from them at large, and Nigeria my country is also among.

He should have just probe the authorities sue them and let new and clean people take over the affairs

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Openbusiness3: 11:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
SmartProf:
Nobody can fill the gap. Is it Europe that has NATO but yet America funds 90% of NATO, is it the same Europe that will now fund WHO? Or is it China or Russia that are communist countries that will be doing Father Christmas for the whole world by sponsoring WHO with hundreds of millions of dollars every year. Or is it Africa that is a beggy beggy continent that will sponsor WHO, same WHO that is sponsoring free health programmes across Africa with America's money. Forget it, this move will cripple WHO totally. They will close more than 90% of their programmes and sack most of their staff. It is a fatal blow to them to lose America funding

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by saxywale1: 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
dario078:

China might fill the shoes, but that would be problematic because China would stop the WHO from helping nations that are critical of its human rights abuses.

If you criticize China, you can kiss goodbye to WHO funding.
Yup. Hongkong and Taiwan.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by nextstep(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2020
I hope US won't complain when China becomes a bigger player on the world stage. US is willingly withdrawing from the world, and China is happily stepping in. Time to start brushing up on my 中文, Zhōngwén grin

4 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by saxywale1: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
Flytime:
leave am
If not for democracy Donald trump would have been a dictator.
He is close to been one.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by ogbonti: 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
LivingSage:
The main sponsor!
Africa will feel the heat as the main receiving end but least contributor

yes let Africa feel the heat - maybe it is time for the people of Africa to hold their leaders accountable - who loot their treasuries

the US tax payers cannot be footing the profligate spending and embezzlement rampant in African countries - all man for himself

The US is waking up to see that those they have been helping financially have done nothing to help them in return in their time of need

Nigerians can take the same route also - Any pastor who did nothing for you during this pandemic is not worthy of your tithes & offerings

CHIKENA!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by stealmatic(m): 11:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
[quote author=Ifesinachi22 post=91487962]Hushpuppi's case has shown that when there's life, there's hope. He applied for a US visa but was refused, when it was his time to be lucky, the American govt came to take him to their country from Dubai without
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by ifko: 11:35pm On Jul 07, 2020
saxywale1:

Exactly. They still get their salaries in dollars. Na African countries and other 3rd/4th world countries go hear am.

African leaders better start researching on Herbal drugs or start funding their universities to create their own cheap drugs instead of the handout from WHO and other organizations. Bill Gates might step in though. Who knows.

They might just get that Bill Gate's vaccines or drugs they have been avoiding afterall since African leaders love awoof cheesy
Which salary, no funding no salary, nah retrenchment will follow.
I might not be right but I think WHO Bleep the whole world up by compromising d data been dished out by China at d earlier stage of d pandemic.
Moreover can WhO authoritatively said they ain't aware of human to human transmission of Covid 19 or they are covering up for China until we have full blown cases. That's d major reason POTUS was angry. If WHO failed their funder on there basic responsibility it means they can't be trusted. However, POTUS too was slow in response against d pandemic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Faithful4real(m): 11:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
netpro:
Due to poor response and management, Trump has to bear the blame for the deaths of over 130,000 Americans.

Trump will be voted out come November.

What will you do if he wins the election.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Faithful4real(m): 11:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
ogbonti:

yes let Africa feel the heat - maybe the it is time for the people of Africa to hold their leaders who loot their treasuries responsible

the US tax payers cannot be footing the profligate spending and embezzlement rampant in African countries - all man for himself

The US is waking up to see that those they have been helping financially have done nothing to help them in return in their time on need

Nigerians can take the same route also - Any pastor who did nothing for you during this pandemic is not worthy of your tithes & offerings

CHIKENA!

Exactly! You deserve a drink.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by ogbonti: 11:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
Faithful4real:

Exactly! You deserve a drink.

God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by saxywale1: 11:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
alezzy13:

Stop being silly. No one is blaming him for the pandemic, it's his poor handling that has led to needless deaths. For a fact, why not compare with other G7 countries and you'll see the big difference.

I know it's difficult for you lot to admit, but Trump is a colossal failure as far as the covid response has been.
I agree.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 07, 2020
Can you tell us how he poorly handled the pandemic.

How can you prepare for a disease that never existed before. A disease that has no cure.

Mind you all medical tools needed for the fight like ppe, face masks were produced in china a policy obama made.

I read a lot of comments here, believe me a lot of you think through your nyansh.

alezzy13:

Stop being silly. No one is blaming him for the pandemic, it's his poor handling that has led to needless deaths. For a fact, why not compare with other G7 countries and you'll see the big difference.

I know it's difficult for you lot to admit, but Trump is a colossal failure as far as the covid response has been.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by saxywale1: 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
ifko:

Which salary, no funding no salary, nah retrenchment will follow.
I might not be right but I think WHO Bleep the whole world up by compromising d data been dished out by China at d earlier stage of d pandemic.
Moreover can WhO authoritatively said they ain't aware of human to human transmission of Covid 19 or they are covering up for China until we have full blown cases. That's d major reason POTUS was angry. If WHO failed their funder on there basic responsibility it means they can't be trusted. However, POTUS too was slow in response against d pandemic.
If they sack at all, it would mostly affect the guys that work in 3rd world countries like Nigeria where there are really no labour laws i.e. the feet on ground field guys. It is a large cooperation under the UN, hence, they will re-deploy alot of their staffs that are EU nationals due to labour laws.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by kaka22(m): 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Stupidity at its peak. He accused China of influencing WHO. He is planning to withdraw US' membership of WHO which will give China more influence undecided

5 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
SmartProf:

This way, W.H.O will hurry up and find the cure for Covid-19....... Copied# trump is a lion, a real man, decision maker, him alone is a God Father need no decision
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wirinet(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
kaka22:
Stupidity at its peak. He accused China of influencing WHO. He is planning to withdraw US' membership of WHO which will give China more influence undecided
Withdrawing from WHO is not enough. Trump should withdraw also from UN, NATO, organization of american states, in fact all other international organizations, and then build a wall not just on the Mexican border, but also on the Canadian border. Infact Trump should surround the US with a wall.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by saxywale1: 11:52pm On Jul 07, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

This way, W.H.O will hurry up and find the cure for Covid-19....... Copied# trump is a lion, a real man, decision maker, him alone is a God Father need no decision
Is that what the dilector told you grin

3 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by 2buffagain(m): 11:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
netpro:
Due to poor response and management, Trump has to bear the blame for the deaths of over 130,000 Americans.

Trump will be voted out come November.

He's just throwing tantrums before he leaves

3 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by ifymadu: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Hushpuppi's case has shown that when there's life, there's hope. He applied for a US visa but was refused, when it was his time to be lucky, the American govt came to take him to their country from Dubai without a visa but on a free flight. He neither paid for visa nor flight ticket. Its good to be patient and hopeful. grin grin grin

You forgot to mention that he will also be fed and clothed for at least the next 20yrs for free. Life has smiled on him indeed
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by 2buffagain(m): 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2020
Someone7:
Trump isolating himself with these policies. Does the man think? Who advises him?

Stephen Miller. A well known inhumane white supremacist.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by BeijinDossier: 12:05am On Jul 08, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Afghan Evacuations Must Be Completed By 31st August- Taliban(Pics, Video) / U.S. Army Sergeant Demoted For Dumping 3 Humvees Worth N238m From Plane / Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.