Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,263 members, 7,954,024 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” (7533 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Becomrichn: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2011
luluosas , it is not possible that she could get one vote. How bad can that be. Look she voted. So she must have voted for herself. And she would need to have had some people sign the document before they allow her into the races.

So at least 2 people should have voted for her. What she need to find out is, if anybody voted for her. she would have at at least one person who voted for her. It cant be that bad and a person has 1 vote.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by udezue(m): 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2011
Who is she and what has she achieved politically? Has she ran for any other office and won and what is her track record?
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by shotster50(m): 12:03am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^^
You already know the answer to that, Sprung from nowhere like Alhaji Tofa.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Outstrip(f): 3:38am On Feb 07, 2011
KnowAll:

Thank God the riggers gave her 1 vote what if they gave her zero vote, forgetting that she would have to vote for herself that would have scuttle the whole elections.

If it was anywhere else but Nigeria I would said what the heck are you talking about but this is Nigeria for you. They gave her the one vote because they figured that people will ask where is her own vote. They know Nigerians well enough to know that the idea that she got only one vote will not make anybody talk for too long. Nigeria deserves the leaders she has. That is all I have to say. When things like this happen is when people should talk but everybody is more interested in laughing and making fun. Injustice and lawlessness is the now normal. It's the little things that count. When Yerima molested a child they found enough women to fill a bus and go to aso rock to defend the man. He still retains a seat. In Nigeria honesty and integrity is never applauded. Dedication and social awareness is a joke. And a woman trying to do something noble will be knocked down because she did not carry her self well or her underwear was showing or the most ridiculous of all "her children should talk to her". Na wa.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by shotster50(m): 4:00am On Feb 07, 2011
Outstrip:

If it was anywhere else but Nigeria I would said what the heck are you talking about but this is Nigeria for you. They gave her the one vote because they figured that people will ask where is her own vote. They know Nigerians well enough to know that the idea that she got only one vote will not make anybody talk for too long. Nigeria deserves the leaders she has. That is all I have to say. When things like this happen is when people should talk but everybody is more interested in laughing and making fun. Injustice and lawlessness is the now normal. It's the little things that count. When Yerima molested a child they found enough women to fill a bus and go to aso rock to defend the man. He still retains a seat. In Nigeria honesty and integrity is never applauded. Dedication and social awareness is a joke. And a woman trying to do something noble will be knocked down because she did not carry her self well or her underwear was showing or the most ridiculous of all "her children should talk to her". Na wa.

Speak for yourself. How do you know she isnt part of GEJ's grand plan. Lets be honest, what was her chances of winning anyway, no one knew her prior to primaries. People do tend to OVER undererstimate GEJ.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by abiamahart: 6:52am On Feb 07, 2011
Let us call a spade a spade. The politcal strategists working for GEJ are miles ahead of other parties and are perfecting there works from within the party.

The ruling party ensured gender participation for global conformity but ensured they presented a female large enough not to bite. She is part of the whole game.

Listening to her she could not communicate effectively and neither presented one problem facing Nigeria today that she had a plan to solve unless you call chants manifestos

I recall this questionable part of her speech "President GEJ and his vice will now enjoy the fruit of seeking the votes of women during their campaign from the north to the south"

I am glad under this charade she remembered to vote for herself - In the rerun in Akwa Ibom one of the contestants forgot to vote for himself or was his vote voided because he could not spell his name? Who are we deceiving?

My female colleague said even her daughter could have done better. Wake up Nigerian women if you are real
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by ekubear1: 7:20am On Feb 07, 2011
What the hell is she whining about

That she couldn't drum up any support => Nigerian women should feel sad?

I hate when people play the race/gender card.

Sooooooooo lame.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by hakanai(m): 10:55am On Feb 07, 2011
oya women over to you!!One of your kind wan swear for una because una no vote her except cheer.Any way i am safe only if BB swear for me sha! grin
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by carmelily: 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2011
shotster50:

Lets be honest, what was her chances of winning anyway, no one knew her prior to primaries. People do tend to OVER undererstimate GEJ.

First time i heard of Sarah Jibril was in 1993. She´s really quite well-known, especially in the North. Maybe not popular, but well-known.

@Admin, please correct the "Jubril" on the home page. Na inefficiency dey kill Naija.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Mobinga: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2011
There goes the Nigerian fight for Gender equality. Hehe
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Outstrip(f): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
carmelily:

First time i heard of Sarah Jibril was in 1993. She´s really quite well-known, especially in the North. Maybe not popular, but well-known.

@Admin, please correct the "Jubril" on the home page. Na inefficiency dey kill Naija.

Thank you Carmelily
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by lastpage: 2:50am On Feb 18, 2011
@luluosas
Shame to Mrs Jonathan, who is deceiving the ordinary Nigerian women with her Women For Change Initiative. You are clamouring for 35% affirmative policy for women either for elective or appointment position and yet you could not give your one vote to a woman like you.
Come to think of it. Was madam Saral thinking that she will win the primary? Not at all. But, her position over the outcome of the primary is what she is not happy about. She was really humiliated by the pdp women delegates. May her one vote continue to haunt them! Yeye women delegates.
Nairalanders, do you know that, before the pdp presidential primary election started that day, some shameless pdp women delegates were annoyed that, some States did not have up to 4 women as deligates for the election. What surprised me was the outcome of that election that, not even a single vote was mistakenly cast for madam Saral. It is a pity.
Not again!
Wait, why is that when it suits (some) women, they will claim equality with men but in other circumstance, they will claim INequality and "disadvantaged"?
This flip-flop has to STOP!
Looking for "Affirmative action" is saying "look, we are weaker and disadvantaged and cannot compete fairly"!
Is this true?
Do we want to go down that road of saying "one humanbeing is more equal than another"?
Is this not an insult to women?

Ooh, did l hear you say women are allowed to flip at will but men are barrel-chested [/b]and therefore not allowed! grin
But what about those things on women's chest? I call that "[b]DOUBLE-BARREL-CHESTED
" shocked shocked shocked

More power to women! WOMAN = MAN, no story tongue tongue tongue
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by Blazay(m): 9:35am On Feb 18, 2011
The woman looks scary.
What a costume she has on.
She sure looks like an Ifa high priestess.

Sorry Sarah Jibril(what a Chrislamic sounding name). . . .Nigerian women do not vote for women.
You do not have what it takes(the payment in cash and kind wink services to win then ova).
Nice try.
Re: Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” by gbewu: 9:42am On Feb 18, 2011
if i were her, i ill sack my entire campaign crew even my driver.

what of her husband? i think she deserves at least two votes. Did the husband vote GEJ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Francis Luther Osayanem, A Nigerian Student Charged For Bank Fraud In Malaysia / Nigerian Press One Of The World's Freest - UN / National Conference Report Will End-up With Akara Sellers — Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.