Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari (11024 Views)

Saraki Dumps APC To Run With Ekweremadu / God Told Jonathan To Pardon Alamieyeseigha – Arthur Eze / If I run with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^ You must be pretty dumb not to have figured out what was fuuny in his post! Either dumb, or blind or living in denial! cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

^^^ You must be pretty dumb not to have figured out what was fuuny in his post! Either dumb, or blind or living in denial! cheesy cheesy

I won't descend so low to engage you in these gutter language of yours. My advice for you is that as a female and a young one for that matter, learn how to speak noble words in the public so that you can always be relevant in the public. Or are Pasuma and Obesere girls. I suppose this is a forum for intellectual young guys with focus to bear their minds on critical issues that could make our envt a better place.

Bakare at least is more successful than u are now at your age? THINK,
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by UyiIredia(m): 2:29pm On Feb 04, 2011
You have heeded the call >>> now you must feel the heat
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by jacobs123(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

Are you still confused undecided

Meanwhile, I can't wait to hear what 'God' will say when the lose! undecided

Many of you are just Internet warriors, some of you go further and complain in your parlours and some even register their protests at the newspaper stands and beer parlours all largely ineffective.
Someone has chosen to do something different from what you and your parents have done and all you do is sit down in your rooms and type nonsense bacause you have a keyboard and internet access. Some of you have never even protetsed or voiced out against a bad govt. policy and you think you can sit in judgement over Tunde Bakare.

If anything happens to this country, many people like Bakare can find their way, many of you will be stuck in Nigeria or suffering outside the country yet they behave as if this thing does not concern them. They just complain, no solution!!!

“The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.”
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by 2ndThought(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2011
But wait, didn't Pastor Chris also affirm he's got God's mandate to run?
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by UyiIredia(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2011
jacobs123:

Many of you are just Internet warriors, some of you go further and complain in your parlours and some even register their protests at the newspaper stands and beer parlours all largely ineffective.
Someone has chosen to do something different from what you and your parents have done and all you do is sit down in your rooms and type nonsense bacause you have a keyboard and internet access. Some of you have never even protetsed or voiced out against a bad govt. policy and you think you can sit in judgement over Tunde Bakare.

If anything happens to this country, many people like Bakare can find their way, many of you will be stuck in Nigeria or suffering outside the country yet they behave as if this thing does not concern them. They just complain, no solution!!!

“The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.”

seconded >>> however my stance on Bakare's present political inclination is one of serious concern >>> I can't be all smiles to know that the pastor of my local church has entered the dirty arena of Nigerian politics >>> I pray he comes out clean
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2011
ayubam:

I won't descend so low to engage you in these gutter language of yours. My advice for you is that as a female and a young one for that matter, learn how to speak noble words in the public so that you can always be relevant in the public. Or are Pasuma and Obesere girls. I suppose this is a forum for intellectual young guys with focus to bear their minds on critical issues that could make our envt a better place.

Bakare at least is more successful than u are now at your age? THINK,

So Bakare's your hero? Good for you . . .  but somehow, I'm not impressed with a wanna be Pastor/Politician!

I'm quite comfortable with my 'unaccomplished' life . . . so comfortable infact that I would rather not tow his line and lie in God's name just to curry political favors!

Ndi amu ma ugha (fake prophets) full everywhere na and they are all considered to be 'accomplished' by the likes of you . .  not me sir!  cool  cool
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

You have heeded the call >>> now you must feel the heat

IF YOU CAN STAND THE MUD, YOU WILL SEE THE GLORY,

One good thing is this, the man has not brought disrepute to the name of God still. The call comes with persecutions, denial, hatred, enmity, insults etc.

Was Jesus not accused of selfish ambition?
Was he not accused of associating with tax collectors and adulterous woman?
Did he take up religious leaders in his days and political leaders?
Was there a sign dat his message will grow after his death when the apostles left for their various businesses?
Do you think Jesus would have won election in those even when Peter and others left him?

Is Jesus glorified today?

IF YOU CAN STAND THE MUD YOU WILL SEE THE GLORY///////////////

THIS IS PRACTICAL CHRISTIANITY, THE FINEST DAYS OF THE CHURCH ARE HERE ,

LORD LET YOU KINGDOM COME
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nsiman(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ jacobs123, , tunde bakare will find his way out of the country, can u then say he is patriotic to his fatherland?
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2011
Sky Blue:

So you can't show us where Bakare said God told him to run with Buhari, but we are to believe it just for the sake of it? Case closed.

My Brother what is your problem? she has repeatedly pointed it to you in the bold and you still pretend not to see it. Bakare should just move ahead with his political ambition and stop using God's name. What does he mean by God has a hand in?
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2011
Nsiman:

@ jacobs123, , tunde bakare will find his way out of the country, can u then say he is patriotic to his fatherland?

Read statement within context, Don't be an accuser always
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2011
jacobs123:

What's your problem eh? Your pastor said God asked him to run, who's arguing with him eh?

You guys should keep up with your blind solidarity for the guy . . .  shebi we dey watch!  undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ozin:

My Brother what is your problem? she has repeatedly pointed it to you in the bold and you still pretend not to see it. Bakare should just move ahead with his political ambition and stop using God's name. What does he mean by God has a hand in?  

Don't mind them . . . They are just looking for something to fall back on when he loses! undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nsiman(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ ayubam, was that frm u or sm1 used ur box to post that? U always say gej associates with the likes of obj, atiku, ibb etc so he's not worth in the presidency now u are saying smthing paradoxical
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2011
ayubam:

Which business have you ever started that succeed like his? Don't you want to make money like him? The Guy started Pastoring a church at your age o and you cannot boast of owning a successful business like his,  Since we are all looking for money, start your own church and let's see how successful you can be,

You better go and work hard and make something good at of your life, else poverty will pounce on you like ,,

My God,the guy asked a simple and question as a concerned brother and love for Bakare and you at his throat! take am easy my brother
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by SkyBlue1: 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

What's your problem eh? Your pastor said God asked him to run, who's arguing with him eh?

You guys should keep up with your blind solidarity for the guy . . .  shebi we dey watch!  undecided

I see you are still typing what you are yet to prove. Simple challenge,, show us where Bakare said God told him to run, and the best you could come up with was

He (Bakare) said cannot deny not insisting to have gotten God's permission before running from the comments he made!

Tell me, is allowing someone to go out the same as telling them to go out? So if you see someone dying of thirst on the street and you have abundant water supply you will first wait for a voice from above to tell you to go and give the man a drink? You can't even point to where Bakare is quoted as saying God told him to run and you are still boldly making such claims as if you were there when he said it. How amusing.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2011
Sky Blue:

I see you are still typing what you are yet to prove. Simple challenge,, show us where Bakare said God told him to run, and the best you could come up with was

Tell me, is allowing someone to go out the same as telling them to go out? So if you see someone dying of thirst on the street and you have abundant water supply you will first wait for a voice from above to tell you to go and give the man a drink? You can't even point to where Bakare is quoted as saying God told him to run and you are still boldly making such claims as if you were there when he said it. How amusing.

I see you are desperately clinging to technicalities . . .  Don't worry, you'll need it for your defense when he loses!  wink  cheesy
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by SkyBlue1: 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

I see you are desperately clinging to technicalities . . .  Don't worry, you'll need it for you defense when he loses!  wink  cheesy

Show us where Bakare said God asked him to run with Buhari. Typical. You can't answer a simple question and hence I become a Bakare supporter and the question magically disappears. Bravo. At least our exchanges are posted for all to see.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 3:08pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

So Bakare's your hero? Good for you . . .  but somehow, I'm not impressed with a wanna be Pastor/Politician!

I'm quite comfortable with my 'unaccomplished' life . . . so comfortable infact that I would rather not tow his line and lie in God's name just to curry political favors!

Ndi amu ma ugha (fake prophets) full everywhere na and they are all considered to be 'accomplished' by the likes of you . .  not me sir!  cool  cool

I would rather have kept quite on this post but compelled to let you know that this guy rose from zero to hero. He was a graduate of UNILAG where he studied Law. While in school, he was a devoted christian and took part in SUG activities. He left school and worked with Gani Fawehinmi, Chief Rotimi Williams and distinguished himself as a brilliant lawyer. He went into private Practice and form a chamber. While working in various chamber, he contributed to his church service as Legal Adviser to Deeper life where he was before he joined redeemed.

He made his money as a lawyer and was already a millionaire while Pastoring Redeemed Christian Church of God without collecting salary. He is the first model Parish pastor today and groom several brilliant pastors such as Tony Rapu, and others doing well in the society today and in ministries. He has coached many to realise their dreams in life without taking advantage of them.

When He started latter rain assembly, no one gave him a chance. It raise arguments the same way you guys are doing today. He laboured in the vineyard faithfully and God increased him in the nation and abroad without building empire of branches cos he was convinced not to do so.

He does not live on church. He has his business. He has thought in many leadership training within and outside the nation and through him others have been enlightened to realise their destiny, pursue it and to fulfill it.

If you can bury you pride and arrogance, mere studying the life of this man can turn your misery into enlightenment. You will understand several stages God want to take you through in life. Your eyes will be so open that you wont have time to be abusing others. You will be so busy with purpose instead of allowing your immature and uninformed emotion dabbled into things you do not understand.

YOU WILL BE A NOBLE LADY. WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH YOU WILL SPEAK WISDOM. GUTTER LANGUAGES WILL BE SO IRRITATING TO YOU SUCH THAT NO MATTER WHO OFFENDS YOU, YOU WILL BE SO DIGNIFIED TO USE SUCH WORDS.

That is the man Bakare. There is nothing you say from today to eternity that can reduce him. HE IS A GREAT MAN WHO HAS UPHELD TRUTH BOTH IN PULPIT AND AT WORK PLACES,

Calm down and ask yourself the following questions;

Do I know why I am born- your purpose?
Am I doing anything consciously to identify or achieve my purpose (If you have discovered it)
What I am typing at the moment, how will it help me achieve my purpose in life?

By the time you honestly answer those questions, you will know surely your life worths more than what you are doing at the Moment
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ayubam: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2011
Nsiman:

@ ayubam, was that frm u or sm1 used your box to post that? U always say gej associates with the likes of obj, atiku, ibb etc so he's not worth in the presidency now u are saying smthing paradoxical

@ Nsima, sure it is from me. I suppose every man here is matured enough to understand statement within context. I never knew we have to spoon-feed you to understand that associating with people and partaking in their corrupt activities are two different things.

What one thing as the rule of GEJ and PDP for the past 12yrs done for you. Is there a ray hope with all the economic indices glaring showing? I won't join issue with you on this. Just think whether and decide who to vote for.

If you have studied well my post I have enumerated reasons why Buhari deserved to be given chance but you have never for one day tell us the reason why GEJ should be president. The only thing you have maintained was how Buhari will Islamize Nigeria. Now that he has chosen a Pastor to be running mate, the pastor is a fake pastor? Good work but know that what you do not learn under righteous authority, you will learn under unrighteous authority
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by berth(m): 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2011
As long as he is a nigerian nd a human bein 4 dat matter i fink he has the right to vie 4 any position n d country so all pastor haters shuld go 2 hell.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by SkyBlue1: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ozin:

It is quite possible I might need to get my eyes checked, so please pardon me, but can you highlight where 'she' has repeatedly pointed out the section in which Bakare claims God told him to run with Buhari? It is quite simple. Someone, anyone, just highlight it for me so that I can see for myself.
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by ZUBBYNWA(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
I waiting to hear that God tell him that he will lose after the election
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by UyiIredia(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ Miss/Mrs Unoajoan >>> I am not particularly pleased with your comments >>> however I want to see reason with you >>> please answer the following questions

[list]
[li]What was your response on the news of Bakare's candidacy ?[/li]
[li]What is wrong with Bakare's candidacy ? [/li]
[li]What is your advice to Bakare given his latest antecedents ?[/li]
[/list]

Let me sharply state that I do not support Bakare's choice to enter politics proper >>> but he is my pastor and I respect his choice (and his legal right to be voted for)

@ ayubam >>> 1ce again I agree with your insight in this matter
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Mobsync(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2011
All these pastors sef, if he becomes VP, how would he manage his church?
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
ayubam:

I would rather have kept quite on this post but compelled to let you know that this guy rose from zero to hero. He was a graduate of UNILAG where he studied Law. While in school, he was a devoted christian and took part in SUG activities. He left school and worked with Gani Fawehinmi, Chief Rotimi Williams and distinguished himself as a brilliant lawyer. He went into private Practice and form a chamber. While working in various chamber, he contributed to his church service as Legal Adviser to Deeper life where he was before he joined redeemed.

He made his money as a lawyer and was already a millionaire while Pastoring Redeemed Christian Church of God without collecting salary. He is the first model Parish pastor today and groom several brilliant pastors such as Tony Rapu, and others doing well in the society today and in ministries. He has coached many to realise their dreams in life without taking advantage of them.

When He started latter rain assembly, no one gave him a chance. It raise arguments the same way you guys are doing today. He laboured in the vineyard faithfully and God increased him in the nation and abroad without building empire of branches cos he was convinced not to do so.

He does not live on church. He has his business. He has thought in many leadership training within and outside the nation and through him others have been enlightened to realise their destiny, pursue it and to fulfill it.

If you can bury you pride and arrogance, mere studying the life of this man can turn your misery into enlightenment. You will understand several stages God want to take you through in life. Your eyes will be so open that you wont have time to be abusing others. You will be so busy with purpose instead of allowing your immature and uninformed emotion dabbled into things you do not understand.

YOU WILL BE A NOBLE LADY. WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH YOU WILL SPEAK WISDOM. GUTTER LANGUAGES WILL BE SO IRRITATING TO YOU SUCH THAT NO MATTER WHO OFFENDS YOU, YOU WILL BE SO DIGNIFIED TO USE SUCH WORDS.

That is the man Bakare. There is nothing you say from today to eternity that can reduce him. HE IS A GREAT MAN WHO HAS UPHELD TRUTH BOTH IN PULPIT AND AT WORK PLACES,

Calm down and ask yourself the following questions;

Do I know why I am born- your purpose?
Am I doing anything consciously to identify or achieve my purpose (If you have discovered it)
What I am typing at the moment, how will it help me achieve my purpose in life?

By the time you honestly answer those questions, you will know surely your life worths more than what you are doing at the Moment

Why don't you save your fanatical gospel for someone who'll be impressed    undecided

You see Bakare as a hero and a well accomplished pastor . . .  I don't! If that makes me any less of a 'noble lady' then so be it!

Honestly, I don't think you modern day Pentecostals know what Christianity is all about . . . when I think about you guys, I remember the scripture . . . 'they worship me with their lips but their hearts are far from me'  undecided

I'm sorry, but for a 'pastor' to pitch tent with a known sharian activist, claiming he was sent by God . . .  is just a little bit too low for even someone like Bakare! There is no connection (whatsoever) b/w light and darkness. A man he publicly declared was part of the 'old' generation has suddenly become the hero appointed by God himself! undecided

I stand to be corrected of course . . . We'll all be alive and see what will come out of his political ambition!  cool  cool
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

@ Miss/Mrs Unoajoan >>> I am not particularly pleased with you comments >>> however I want to see reason with you >>> please answer the following questions
[list]
[li]What was your response on the news of Bakare's candidacy ?[/li]
[li]What is wrong with Bakare's candidacy ? [/li]
[li]What is your advice to Bakare given his latest antecedents ?[/li]
[/list]

Let me sharply state that I do not support Bakare's choice to enter politics proper >>> but he is my pastor and I respect his choice (and his legal eight to be goes for)

@ ayubam >>> 1st again I agree with your insight in this matter

1. I was actually expecting it considering his antecedent. For a pastor, he was showing too much interest in politics!
2. The only thing I see wrong with his candidacy is him pitching tent with Buhari. If God wanted to use him, he would have used him (into-to), not in the shadow of a criminal and a killer! undecided
3. My advise to him is to face politics and stop using religion to deceive people! If God called him to save Nigeria, he should face that one and stop pretending to be a man of God! If God called him to be a Pastor, he should concentrate on winning souls and not on being a political figure!

The God I serve is not a confused God.

I personally lost respect for him when he said God said OBJ will die and it NEVER happened. Seeking popularity with the name of God . . . pity! undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by AUTOKING: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2011
PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE  OTHERS DESTRUCTIVELY USUAL HAVE NO HIGH PURPOSE THEMSELVES.

There two groups of people in the world.

1. The conformist,willies,followers(80%+ of the human population) who allow the society to  intimidate and force an identity on them.

2. The non-conformist,charlie,leader(less than 20% of the human population) would not allow the society determine who they become. Leader  are courageous and forge there own identity.

Tunde Bakare is unlike most of you vision less loudmouths,who can only talk and criticize great minds since you have no mind of yours.

Was David not a KING,WARRIOR,PROPHET,PRIEST,POLITICAL FIGURE,MUSICIAN,ENTERTAINER? . Yet he was a man after God's heart!

Tunde Bakare's vision is too big for your  mediocre minds that is why  you are all barking!! gbow gbow!
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2011
Mobsync:

All these pastors sef, if he becomes VP, how would he manage his church?

His eldest son will inherit it!  cool  cool
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
AUTOKING:

PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE  OTHERS DESTRUCTIVELY USUAL HAVE NO HIGH PURPOSE THEMSELVES.

There two groups of people in the world.

1. The conformist,willies,followers(80%+ of the human population) who allow the society to  intimidate and force an identity on them.

2. The non-conformist,charlie,leader(less than 20% of the human population) would not allow the society determine who they become. Leader  are courageous and forge there own identity.

Tunde Bakare is unlike most of you vision less loudmouths,who can only talk and criticize great minds since you have no mind of yours.

Was David not a KING,WARRIOR,PROPHET,PRIEST,POLITICAL FIGURE,MUSICIAN,ENTERTAINER? . Yet he was a man after God's heart!

Tunde Bakare's vision is too big for your  mediocre minds that is why  you are all barking!! gbow gbow!

The rate of Nigerians' gullibility is actually shocking! undecided

He'll fade into the background just like his colleague - What's-his-name?- The one with the shiny hair!

Martin Luther King was a man of God who led a revolution . . . God sent him on a mission and raised an army for him. He didn't have to pitch tent with the 'enemy' to succeed!

How can you camp with the same people you condemn undecided Let's leave Christianity out of this jor . . . before the wrath of God falls on us all! undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by honprof: 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2011
@ Ujujoan (f)

In as much as we have divergent views, people should avoid personalizing issues and be objective in our respective arguments, consistently avoiding the use of abusive languages on another. This is a respected forum which brings together intellectual and the likes.

Frankly, i think newspapers editors are out to sell their magazines and should be objective and rational in the use of their headlines. However, nothing implies or shows this particular quote: [b]"God Told Me To Run With Buhari";. The man is simply giving an objective and rational reason to contest while backing them with biblical examples.
[/b]
@please lets avoid personal attack or vendetta
Re: Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ujujoan:

I'm sorry, but for a 'pastor' to pitch tent with a known sharian activist, claiming he was sent by God . . .  is just a little bit too low for even someone like Bakare! There is no connection (whatsoever) b/w light and darkness. A man he publicly declared was part of the 'old' generation has suddenly become the hero appointed by God himself! undecided

I stand to be corrected of course . . . We'll all be alive and see what will come out of his political ambition!  cool  cool

How come Joseph pitched his tent with a pagan like Pharaoh?

We saw Bakare going to Abuja to fight to install GEJ while the mumu was in Turaya's kitchen handing her Maggi and Palmoil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports / John Kerry Visits Geoffrey Onyeama / Akwa Ibom Elections: INEC Ad-hoc Staff Testifies Against The Pdp At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.